GUILTY CA - Sgt. Jan, 24, & Quiana Pietrzak, 26, murdered, Winchester, 15 Oct 2008

I assumed the point of the case was robbery.. Perhaps this man talked about something around the wrong people.. They where tortured and the place ransacked in the process of finding what they wanted. :(

I can't find anything about updates or trial dates. This case seems to have just completely stalled out.

They can do all the mental exams they want. But it sounds to me like the guy is trying to live up to his nickname, Psycho and he is showing his contempt for the court. The article says he used his hands to fling drops of urine.

They can do all the mental exams they want. But it sounds to me like the guy is trying to live up to his nickname, Psycho and he is showing his contempt for the court. The article says he used his hands to fling drops of urine.

This is so disgusting! This guy may be nicknamed Psycho, but I think this display was more a way of showing an absolute disrespect for the authorities, judge, and courtroom decorum. He knew what he was doing, IMO, and I hope the mental evaluation will show him for what he is - pure EVIL!

He did this for show and for kudos from his fellow murderers. JMO.

:maddening:

I think he could have done this for several reasons: 1. his contempt for the court and authority in general; 2. earn him some cred in jail; and 3. to try to lay groundwork for an insanity defense or at least diminished capacity that could spare him the death penalty.

I can't find anywhere a time frame for the trials. Does anyone know?

A judge set another hearing date for March 25, allowing more time to settle the question of Sykes' competency.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-02-25/news/28647424_1_emrys-john-pietrzak-trial-date

I see they're being tried in a California court, so the Marines must have kicked them out and handed them over to the State. (I mean, obviously they'd be kicked out, but they'd have to still be Marines until their court martial -- otherwise they couldn't be subject to a court martial.)

I see they're being tried in a California court, so the Marines must have kicked them out and handed them over to the State. (I mean, obviously they'd be kicked out, but they'd have to still be Marines until their court martial -- otherwise they couldn't be subject to a court martial.)

The crimes didnt occur on base, so the local civilian authorities have the jurisdiction. The Marines/Navy could have asked to try them in the military court, but the local District Attorney would not have to agree to that. I'm sure that due to the racial implications here, the Marine Corps wanted to just let the civilians handle it.

Kesaun Sykes (the defendant who peed in the courtroom) has been found competent to stand trial. :rocker:
A Murrieta jury deliberated a little more than an hour and a half before reaching a verdict in the mental competency trial of former U.S. Marine Kesaun Kedron Sykes.
. . . Sykes will appear in court Friday for a trial readiness conference, and the [murder] trial was given a commencement date of no later than July 25. http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/jury-finds-former-marine-mentally-competent-to-stand-trial

I will be very interested to see if we hear what the true motive behind this was

this was an horrendous crime, thanks to everyone who has kept the thread up to date, good to see the trials are finally getting ready to go, for the families it must be very hard waiting for justice

Thank God these trials are going to get started. It seems to have taken forever.

This makes me sick on a few different levels...one HE was a marine, two THE SUSPECTS were Marines and are supposed to be above this kind of crap. I cant help thinking there was some racial motivation here too, she was a beautiful black girl, husband was white, suspects were black...I dunno, I think it had to come into play on some level, and that too makes me sick.

After reading so many of the stories of door to door operations in towns like Fallujah, Baghdad, and others, I'm not surprised it's starting to happen in Temecula. It's probably coming to a town near you.

They were a beautiful couple. What a tragedy.

I wish military justice had been assigned to this case. In the first place, they would be in a much worse prison, military justice, is usually much swifter than private sector, as well as the fact that there are a LOT of marines, that would have liked to see military justice for such a heinous crime!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back