GUILTY Ca - Shauna Haynes, 21, Found In Suitcase, San Diego, 6 April 2016 *arrest*

Thank You for starting this thread. I just saw a longer version (SEE VIDEO) on the news with a couple saying the woman's younger sister was expected to visit them last night. Sister was going through somethings. They even mentioned the sister had a black suitcase!. They're waiting to find out who is in that suitcase.

HOW UPSETTING, it's too real and too sad. I noticed someone thought of Janeth in the comments. I doubt it's Janeth.

Suitcase containing human remains found in downtown San Diego
WATCH VIDEO HERE
Posted: Apr 06, 2016 1:22 PM PDT Updated: Apr 06, 2016 4:01 PM PDT
http://www.cbs8.com/story/31659731/suitcase-containing-human-remains-found-in-downtown-san-diego

Thank You for starting this thread. I just saw a longer version (SEE VIDEO) on the news with a couple saying the woman's younger sister was expected to visit them last night. Sister was going through somethings. They even mentioned the sister had a black suitcase!. They're waiting to find out who is in that suitcase.

HOW UPSETTING, it's too real and too sad. I noticed someone thought of Janeth in the comments. I doubt it's Janeth.

WATCH VIDEO HERE
Posted: Apr 06, 2016 1:22 PM PDT Updated: Apr 06, 2016 4:01 PM PDT
http://www.cbs8.com/story/31659731/suitcase-containing-human-remains-found-in-downtown-san-diego

It sounds like the victim could be that woman's sister. How awful!

To do this crime, the perp obviously needed a space to do it and the time. The sister was last heard from around 8pm and the body was discovered the next morning. That could be enough time. Not sure the SRO would offer the privacy to carry out the dismemberment as the residents share bathroom space.

JMOpinion

EDITED TO ADD: Wait a minute. We don't know the body was dismembered, do we? Perhaps the victim was small enough to be put in the suitcase without dismemberment? Sorry to be so gruesome, but that does change the time and space that is needed.

There is still a heavy police presence on that block (7th and A). I wasn't able to get a good view of possible cameras. I'll try again after the scene is clear.

Very disturbing.

To do this crime, the perp obviously needed a space to do it and the time. The sister was last heard from around 8pm and the body was discovered the next morning. That could be enough time. Not sure the SRO would offer the privacy to carry out the dismemberment as the residents share bathroom space.

JMOpinion

EDITED TO ADD: Wait a minute. We don't know the body was dismembered, do we? Perhaps the victim was small enough to be put in the suitcase without dismemberment? Sorry to be so gruesome, but that does change the time and space that is needed.

I saw on one site...I'll try to find it again to link...mentioning that there are some rooms there equipped with a shower.

Eta- I can't seem to find that reference to showers!

JMOpinion

I saw only one report stating that the body was dismembered. http://www.kusi.com/story/31659480/san-diego-news-suitcase-body-parts-downtown-murder

San Diego police discover suitcase filled with dismembered body parts in Downtown

"When I started talking to [police] I looked over at the suitcase and saw hair hanging out and I was like 'Is that a dead body over there?' [The officer] said, 'I think so,'" said Rin Mitchell, who lives in a nearby apartment.
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/04/06/suitcase-abandoned-near-hotel-may-contain-dead-body/

This neighborhood is very heavily traveled by dog walkers in the mornings. I drive this way everyday, I apparently drove right by it today before it was discovered. :-(

Dismemberment has not been confirmed, as far as I know. That's a fairly large suitcase. The thought did cross my mind, being petite, I'd fit in it with no problem, and that freaked me even more.

It sounds like it could be that woman's sister. She said the sister was going through something. I wonder if either the person she was having a problem with did this, or if someone nabbed her as she got to that location.

SD local checking in.

I saw this story earlier today on the local news FB page. I've never heard of the Chadwick hotel so I googled it and there are no links available to a website for the hotel, pretty odd. Even stranger the first link on Google is beingalivesd.com, I clicked the link and it's an AIDS/HIV program. Very strange for a hotel to also be the location of a social services program.

Probably not relevant but I thought I would mention it.

I hope they are able to figure out who this person is. Just recently there was a woman found dead in a hostel shower in downtown San Diego. We don't typically hear news like this here.

SD local checking in.

I saw this story earlier today on the local news FB page. I've never heard of the Chadwick hotel so I googled it and there are no links available to a website for the hotel, pretty odd. Even stranger the first link on Google is beingalivesd.com, I clicked the link and it's an AIDS/HIV program. Very strange for a hotel to also be the location of a social services program.

Probably not relevant but I thought I would mention it.

I hope they are able to figure out who this person is. Just recently there was a woman found dead in a hostel shower in downtown San Diego. We don't typically hear news like this here.

Body found partially sticking out of suitcase near downtown San Diego hotel
http://www.cw6sandiego.com/body-found-inside-suitcase-near-downtown-san-diego-hotel/

In December, a similar disturbing find was made just blocks from Wednesday’s crime scene at another downtown hotel that caters to short terms rentals. In that case, a young woman’s body had also been found rolled into a suitcase after she had been beaten in a shower. An arrest was made in that case. And there’s no suggestion yet, that this case may be related or a possible “copycat.”

"Police would not say if the cause of this death was obvious, for example if they saw visible gunshot or stab wounds. Investigators are hoping any piece of evidence could lead them to an arrest."

BBM

I've never heard of the Chadwick hotel so I googled it and there are no links available to a website for the hotel, pretty odd. Even stranger the first link on Google is beingalivesd.com, I clicked the link and it's an AIDS/HIV program. Very strange for a hotel to also be the location of a social services program.

RSBM - I checked out that link earlier and it was a list of available housing compiled by BeingAliveSD.com. The Chadwick Hotel was listed as renting rooms with or without bathrooms for "$695 Monthly without Shower $775 Monthly with Shower $250 Deposit for All Rooms"

RSBM - I checked out that link earlier and it was a list of available housing compiled by BeingAliveSD.com. The Chadwick Hotel was listed as renting rooms with or without bathrooms for "$695 Monthly without Shower $775 Monthly with Shower $250 Deposit for All Rooms"

You found the reference to showers! Thank you, I knew I wasn't going crazy!

Ahh! Ok I should've looked further, I was out to lunch with my boyfriend at the time so I didn't dig too deep.

Just saw the local news posted a new video that the suitcase was next to a tipped over trash can behind the hotel and he saw black hair hanging out of the suitcase.

So it could be someone from the Chadwick, obviously. Or, someone who drove by and dumped it. I am assuming an SRO would have security cameras, but perhaps not by the dumpster? Do you know if there is a camera there?

I'll cruise by there later and check for cameras.

There's been a lot of fires started in dumpsters next to buildings in San Diego lately. In fact, I saw camera footage on the news of some lady starting one earlier this week. I'm praying they do have cameras and catch whoever did this horrible crime. Plus somebody touched the handle of the suitcase, and I hope they left fingerprints or some DNA.

Wednesday is pick up day around here. I bet whomever put her in there knew that.

im thinking killer wanted to get rid of body in the suitcase, but was to heavy to lift up to place in trash bin. :yow:

im thinking killer wanted to get rid of body in the suitcase, but was to heavy to lift up to place in trash bin. :yow:

Or it could have been in the can, been discovered by one of our many trash divers, then left out where it was found by the man who ultimately reported it. I can imagine that...

I think it's important to know that the foot traffic here is HEAVY and our homeless population is unfortunately large. The homeless comb the trash all.the.time. Also, our homeless folks frequently use rolling suitcases to haul their stuff around. I can't imagine the suitcase being left unchecked for more than a few hours.

Whoever dumped this poor lady did not seem to care that she would undoubtedly be found very quickly. Given the dense residential area, I'm hopeful that someone saw something and/or that video footage will surface.

I watched this news video again. I don't know if that suitcase would fit into the trash bin, but LE photographers were taking photos inside the trash bin (see video at 1:11 mark).

Can't see any cameras on the yellow building, and the light post is the old lantern style, but there's some official looking buildings in back and across street that might have cameras.

The woman heard from her sister at 8 p.m. Tuesday night, the night before, and she was on her way there. Fifteen hours later she had still not heard from her sister who would normally have called.

Watch the video here:
Posted: Apr 06, 2016 1:22 PM PDT, Updated: Apr 06, 2016 5:33 PM PDT

Yikes.. I watched the video with the couple thinking this is her sister. I looked the woman up and found her husbands name and some really not great info about him [emoji15].

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back