Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it matter either way if police announced they have "ruled out" Keith? It's unlikely that he was physically present during the kidnapping <modsnip>

Does it matter either way if police announced they have "ruled out" Keith? It's unlikely that he was physically present during the kidnapping <modsnip>

I don't believe so. LE's playbook is usually to not rule anyone in or out. They're non-committal so that they're not subject to a lawsuit from a named suspect, and they don't want to go the other direction and say a person is free of guilt when that could one day be used by the defense at trial. So they've learned to say things like, "we're keeping an open mind".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see if you think there is no anonymous donor you can think he was behind the Nov 6 letter and Nov 7 website. But didn't the verified insider last night say the anonymous donor was not CG?

AFAIK the only one who knows who the identity of the anonymous donor is CG. It's not just that, but more recently CG used the anonymous donor as his mouthpiece:
But the alleged anonymous donor told The Daily Beast that he picked Gamble as a hostage negotiator, after a family friend of the Papinis put him in touch.

Using an anonymous email set up for Papini’s recovery, the donor defended his tactics, using language similar to what Gamble said in his video when talking about potential tipsters.

“These people are also felons, drug addicts and people with warrants out for their arrest that aren’t going to go to the police with the hopes of getting reward money,” the donor wrote. “Offering these people CASH without them having to reveal their identity is attractive.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-the-center-of-sherri-papini-s-abduction.html

I'll have to go back and read again to be sure. The way I see it is this person with money sends a letter to the news and it didn't get taken seriously. Person with money who still wants to help pulls in CG to try to lend credibility to their claims of having money without having to reveal their identity. CG connects with KP to make sure this is all ok and does the first video. This is just my understanding of events and I may be wrong but if that is how it went down I can see why CG would say something that implies this reverse ransom thing was not his idea. It also explains why he would say he was out of town if he was not pulled into this thing until around mid nov.

According to the TV station they received the same letter on 11/6 as they did around 11/17, so CG was already involved a few days after she went missing, which per CG's current story KP would have had to authorized him on or before 11/6:
"KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6."
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851
I believe what happened was CG did this fake thing back on 11/6 and it went nowhere, so he then had to work his way to KP via LJ where he through his fake donor flattered LJ's FB work stating she's the reason he's offering a ransom. Then from there LJ vouched for the anonymous donor to KP who then authorized CG to act around 11/17 where CG could use KP's authority to get it published without having to explain away the donor. That is why when you read about it now it portrays his involvement as happening weeks later, like this is the 20/20 tie-in article saying it was only after the Papinis had raised about $50K on that CG got involved:
The Papini family started a account, and they raised nearly $50,000 in donations. Then, Keith took a chance with a man named Cameron Gamble, who said he represented an anonymous donor.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sherri-pap...erious-disappearance-search/story?id=43930023

Hospital and LE would know, if Sherri indeed told them so. Public doesn't need to know her details, however if people OTHER than the 2women assaulted her, sexually or otherwise, LE owes theommunity a heads-up. So far LE has notoooooooo

Unless they have no physical description to give the public, which in Sherri's case is very possible. Thus could be the reason the sheriff hasn't confirmed or denied whether she had encounters with more than the two women. IMO. Hospital is not allowed to release those details to the public.

There has been multiple stories on this, which indeed that was one of the things that had been said previously. The conflicting stories are in part why I'm on CG so much. I do not think if KP authorized CG on or before 11/6 that wouldn't have had to wait until 11/17 until KP said he vouched for CG. I think this was a firefighter arson type thing and the donor is actually just CG using a fake identity where CG was able to speak with such certainty because he knew the outcome.

FYI
CG is now offering his help to Stacy Smart's family, a missing person from an adjacent county. Her missing poster was first distributed on 11/2/16, the same day SP went missing.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/m...e-42ed7869-ee67-1244-e053-0100-404874846.html

To understand why people do things, we have to understand what other people are doing at the same time. I think 11/17 plays a role in KP's mindset. The Sheriff's office had made statements about not knowing if SP disappearance was voluntary or involuntarily. Lt. Bertain said "there is still no solid evidence that SP was abducted and if there was a kidnapper demanding ransom he would have contacted the family and would have asked for a lot more than 50,000". Not very comforting if you ask me from KP's point of view.

I think KP had already met with the Tera Smith family and they told him(KP) they had put too much faith in LE and LE made mistakes they hoped they (LE) had learned from. So, KP decided he needed to go public with CG and the Facebook reverse ransom outreach was launched on 11/19 with the 100 hour deadline which expired on 11/23 5am.

Just a note on the side, we were looking at a house for sale in the Bethel neighborhood in Redding. The agent told us she had had a sale from a "high up" in Bethel, a cash offer but he pulled out of the deal at the last minute, I remember her saying that man was from overseas, like Scotland or England or Great Britain, can't remember which.

See thread 17, post 14 from Spanishinquisition for the KRCR article recapping Lt. Bertains statement.

I'm sure that Sherri would know if there were more people interacting with her, or acting upon her, other than the 2 women and would have told police what she knew about them, however scant a description she was able to give. JMO

Ashley Banfield is no better than any of the other cable "news" hounds. She had her moment of fame during the Gulf War, where she seemed to be a serious journalist. Since then, all down hill. Everyone is looking to be the new Nancy Grace, heaven help us.

I loved her coverage of the Scott Peterson trial, Casey Anthony, also. What a shame.

We don't know who the VI is unless he or she wants to reveal that. Others are just guessing.

Not that it matters in any way, but Lake16 did not self-identify with regard to gender. So I'm not sure what gave you the impression Lake16 is a woman, other than just the fact that there are more women than men on this board from what I can tell.

Again, it really doesn't matter either way. A VI is a VI.

I didn't see all of the VI's posts. Did he/she give any new information?

I think KP had already met with the Tera Smith family and they told him(KP) they had put too much faith in LE and LE made mistakes they hoped they (LE) had learned from. So, KP decided he needed to go public with CG and the Facebook reverse ransom outreach was launched on 11/19 with the 100 hour deadline which expired on 11/23 5am.

CG had already gone public on 11/6

I didn't see all of the VI's posts. Did he/she give any new information?

Not really
The posts are in the last thread, the last few pages , if you would like to see them.
Or you can search Lake16 and see all posts by the poster

Oh my, you would certainly know that based on your post count:blushing:

I am just re-watching the 20/20 special and the reporter specifically talks to the Sheriff about how KP was "ruled out" as a suspect by passing the lie detector 9 days into the investigation. For other so-called news orgs to take old quotes from before he was ruled out and state them as if the sheriff gave new info is extremely deceptive. I'm choosing to go by the Sheriff's own words in the interview on 20/20 which appears to be the last actual interview he gave on the subject. JMO.

(For anyone who has it recorded on DVR the conversation with the sheriff about clearing KP is around minute 25--he took a polygraph and gave up all his phone records, etc.)

Not that it matters in any way, but Lake16 did not self-identify with regard to gender. So I'm not sure what gave you the impression Lake16 is a woman, other than just the fact that there are more women than men on this board from what I can tell.

Again, it really doesn't matter either way. A VI is a VI.

You're right. It doesn't matter. Just an impression I got, but I have been wrong before about the gender of posters here!

I'm sure that Sherri would know if there were more people interacting with her, or acting upon her, other than the 2 women and would have told police what she knew about them, however scant a description she was able to give. JMO

I'm sure she would too. Doesn't mean she knows what all their faces look like. I wasn't saying she didn't know if other people were involved. I'm saying the public doesn't need to know if there's a lack of description. What good does it do the public to say she had an encounter with a chubby male, with hairy legs? It doesn't. There are reasons LE won't come out and answer that question. There are reasons the verified insider won't come out and answer that question. There is sensitive information they are purposely keeping from the public.

She could've easily been chained and blindfolded while sexually assaulted IMO. So the public wouldn't need to no more details involving that for her own privacy.

Does it matter either way if police announced they have "ruled out" Keith? It's unlikely that he was physically present during the kidnapping, even if he was part of a larger conspiracy.

I think it matters because it is rare that the police will say someone passed a lie detector test and is not a suspect at all. A lot of times we see LE say lie detector results were "inconclusive" and they do not make a statement one way or the other about if the person is a suspect. This sheriff had been hesitant to even say Sherri was abducted but then made a very bold statement in saying KP was NOT a suspect after the lie detector test. For the media to try to make it look like he suddenly is a suspect is potentially libelous, IMO. The newspapers are the ones making it seem like KP could be part of some conspiracy when LE has given no such hint of that. JMO.

Seems like several of those close to Sherri believe this was done by sex traffickers. I wonder why? I have a feeling they know things that the public doesn't. They probably have good reason to believe what they do, especially if they've talked to Sherri.

Maybe she was mistaken for a teen, she is quite petite. Maybe she couldn't be broken and that's what saved her. Just a theory of course.

I think it matters because it is rare that the police will say someone passed a lie detector test and is not a suspect at all.

Exactly. Ruling him out based on a lie detector test makes no sense to me. Lie detector tests are incredibly unreliable, which is why they are not admissible in court. To rule someone out based on a lie detector test is like ruling them out for correctly calling "heads" on a coin flip.

I'm sure she would too. Doesn't mean she knows what all their faces look like. I wasn't saying she didn't know if other people were involved. I'm saying the public doesn't need to know if there's a lack of description. What good does it do the public to say she had an encounter with a chubby male, with hairy legs? It doesn't. There are reasons LE won't come out and answer that question. There are reasons the verified insider won't come out and answer that question. There is sensitive information they are purposely keeping from the public.

I think there are a couple of reasons
Perhaps all LE has to work with is what Sherri has told them.. two Hispanic women
Perhaps LE knows exactly who they are looking for

I do think that IF LE doesn't know who they are looking for, and Sherri can't tell them anything specific , the more information that is published, the better
LE are not asking for the public's help...

Maybe she was mistaken for a teen, she is quite petite. Maybe she couldn't be broken and that's what saved her. Just a theory of course.

She was so tiny she could've easily been mistaken for a teen.

AFAIK the only one who knows who the identity of the anonymous donor is CG. It's not just that, but more recently CG used the anonymous donor as his mouthpiece:
But the alleged anonymous donor told The Daily Beast that he picked Gamble as a hostage negotiator, after a family friend of the Papinis put him in touch.

Someone help me wrap my head around this accurately.

A. Donor was put in touch with the P family by a family friend, and then chose CG to be the negotiator? If that's the case, wouldn't the family friend know who this donor is?

ETA:

The other story is that LJ put CG in touch with the P family.
Then the other story is that A. Donor was so impressed with all the work CG was doing via SM, he reached out to him.
I'm sure there's another version too. Because you know.... keeping stories straight & all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
$andRose