GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Does she have to report to her parole officer monthly and what happens if she continues to be a no show?
Supervised release conditions are attached (quoted below). Other than contacting the PO within 72 hours of release, no schedule here outlining contact, drug tests, etc.

Her attorney made the appearance in Civil Court so technically, SP committed no state or federal crime (a violation of probation) by not appearing at her divorce status hearing which was rescheduled by the Court.

While SP's treatment in the criminal justice system is indeed questionable, I find her early release very perplexing.

SP was ultimately charged with Count 3, Mail Fraud, and Count 35, Making False Statements. (Counts 1-2 and 4-34, Mail Fraud were dismissed).

Although SP caused innocent individuals to become targets of a criminal investigation and left the public in fear of her alleged Hispanic capturers who purportedly remained at large, she was not charged with a federal hate crime.

Similarly, SP was not fined or charged under Title 18 of the United States Code for knowingly and willfully making false statements or representations of a material fact to apply for Social Security Disability benefits under this title, after receiving benefits in excess of $127K for falsely claiming to have been kidnapped.

SP was also not charged for committing fraud against CalVCB after claiming benefits in excess of $30K.

On April 12, 2022, SP entered into a plea agreement that cited her Criminal History Category as I, and Offense Level calculation at 11 or Zone B (i.e., 8-14 months imprisonment pursuant to the Federal Sentencing Guidelines). However, the plea agreement further provided:

VI. SENTENCING DETERMINATION

A. Statutory Authority.

The defendant understands that the Court must consult the Federal Sentencing Guidelines and
must take them into account when determining a final sentence. The defendant understands that the Court will determine a non-binding and advisory guideline sentencing range for this case pursuant to the Sentencing Guidelines and must take them into account when determining a final sentence. The defendant further understands that the Court will consider whether there is a basis for departure from the guideline sentencing range (either above or below the guideline sentencing range) because there exists an aggravating or mitigating circumstance of a kind, or to a degree, not adequately taken into consideration by the Sentencing Commission in formulating the Guidelines. The defendant further understands that the Court, after consultation and consideration of the Sentencing Guidelines, must impose a sentence that is reasonable in light of the factors set forth in 18 U.S.C. § 3553(a).

B. Violations of Supervised Release.

The defendant understands that if she violates a condition of supervised release at any time
during the term of supervised release, the Court may revoke the term of supervised release and require the defendant to serve up to three additional years imprisonment.

On Sept 19, 2022, sentencing proceedings were held before Senior Judge William B. Shubb, and for Counts 3 and 35, SP was sentenced to serve 18 months imprisonment, both counts served concurrently for a total of 18 months, with a recommendation of a facility in CA, and 36 months supervised release. SP was given a surrender date of 11/08/22 by 2:00 p.m. (See Docket #54).

Under federal statute, an 18-month sentence translates to 15.3 months imprisonment or 85% of the sentence (i.e., estimated release date Feb 29, 2024).

IMO, the Court took both the 8-14 months plea agreement Federal Guideline Sentence calculation and the Government's recommendation for an 8-month sentence into account (See Fed Docket #43) but returned with a sentence of 18 months because the proposed sentences did not fully and fairly account for all relevant factors. I'm disappointed that the probation department interfered with the Court's sentence whereby SP will ultimately be fully released four months before the date imposed by the Court.

Revised, full release date Oct 29, 2023. MSM Report 8/26/23

SP's Presentence Investigation Report (PSR)--amended multiple times, was sealed from public view. IMO, it seems to me that SP learned the system before entering and/or was subjected to the US Probation Office interviews, or began working with her BOP case manager immediately upon entry! I'm reminded that SP also successfully tricked her therapist into believing that she was a kidnap victim. (See Federal Docket entries 38-42).

And... once again, SP is going to be taking federal assistance dollars in the re-entry program for employment counseling, job placement, financial management assistance, and other programs and services that help inmates gradually rebuild their ties to the community.

What are the odds SP won't violate the terms of 36 months of Supervised Release?

Per the details outlined above, IMO, I doubt a woman who was not young, photogenic, and white would have fared as SP did here. For example, 31-year-old, unattractive, addict, Kayla Montgomery was facing 5 years imprisonment for obtaining $1500 in food/Snap benefits when Harmony was no longer alive. And the real or imaginary, Hispanic woman would still be sitting in jail, without bond release, awaiting trial after being assigned four different public defenders in two years. JMO

View attachment 443962
View attachment 443963

View attachment 443964

Seems like she should be for parole violations. It's up to her parole officer to check on her.

I think OP means "probation" and not "parole." This is federal sentencing guidelines where "probation" was part of SP's initial sentence by the Judge.

SP is not on parole release where an inmate goes before the parole board and petitions to be released early, and is subject to being returned to prison upon violation of parole. IIRC, federal parole was abolished in the late 80's. MOO

I think OP means "probation" and not "parole." This is federal sentencing guidelines where "probation" was part of SP's initial sentence by the Judge.

SP is not on parole release where an inmate goes before the parole board and petitions to be released early, and is subject to being returned to prison upon violation of parole. IIRC, federal parole was abolished in the late 80's. MOO
I did, thanks for clarifying that. It's too late to correct it now.

Mondy, October 23rd:
*Trial Readiness Conference Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39) vs. Keith Papini.
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an 'unfit parent' & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith's discretion.
Trial set to begin on 10/31/23.
Case info from 4/20/22 thru 9/14/23 reference post #587 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-30

9/29/23 Update: Papini skipping out of an Oakland re-entry facility after officially completing her sentence on Friday. She had served just over 10-months of an 18-month sentence – the final six weeks in a halfway house in Oakland, California. she is due to face estranged husband Keith in court later this month (on 10/9/23) over the unpaid credit card bill & her bid for a share of the insurance payout he received following the Fawn Fire that scorched large swathes of Shasta County – including Redding – in October 2021. According to Keith, Papini went on a spree spending $3,238.10 over 15 days in August 2022 with no means of paying it back on a card that he had obtained for her to try to boost her credit score. She will have 36 months supervised probation & must pay back $300K restitution.
10/9/23 Update: Sherri Papini was due in court on Monday for a trial readiness conference in her divorce proceedings but did not make an appearance. Papini's lawyer said in court on Monday that he had yet to meet with his client since her release & did not know where she was, but he had plans to meet her later this week. Court records show that the divorce trial between Sherri & her estranged husband, Keith, is scheduled for Oct. 31. The trial readiness conference that had been scheduled for Monday is now rescheduled for 10/23/23.

SP was not present in Court today but presuming her attorney made contact with her since the last hearing:

10/23/2023 *Trial Readiness Conference

Original Type
*Trial Readiness Conference

Judicial Officer
Ryan, Summer D

Hearing Time
8:29 AM

Result
Held

Parties Present
Petitioner (Plaintiff): PAPINI, KEITH

Attorney: SWARTZ AND JONES

Respondent (Defendant)

Attorney: KINNEY & KINNEY

10/31/2023 *Trial: Long Cause

Do not know if anyone is interested in this - I shall post it anyway. Do not know how much info we will get from this trial though.

Tuesday, October 31st:
*Trial set to begin (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39) vs. Keith Papini. Shasta County
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an 'unfit parent' & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith's discretion.
Trial set to begin on 10/31/23.
Case info from 4/20/22 thru 9/29/23 reference post #604 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-31

10/9/23 Update: Sherri Papini was due in court on Monday for a trial readiness conference in her divorce proceedings but did not make an appearance. Papini's lawyer said in court on Monday that he had yet to meet with his client since her release & did not know where she was, but he had plans to meet her later this week. Court records show that the divorce trial between Sherri & her estranged husband, Keith, is scheduled for Oct. 31. The trial readiness conference that had been scheduled for Monday is now rescheduled for 10/23/23.
10/23/23 Update: Trial readiness conference held. Present: Judge Summer D. Ryan presiding. Keith & his attorneys & Sherri's attorney & Sherri a no show. Next trial set to begin on 10/31/23.

Updating the docket only because I've never seen a MEDIA request filed in family court. The Motions/Orders are not available on the public portal but I guess it's 50/50 chance there will be cameras on Tuesday given the docket.

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

Case Number
22FL-0199572
File Date: 4/20/22

• 10/24/2023 Media Request Filed
  • 10/25/2023 Media Request Order
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
  • 10/27/2023 Brief Filed
  • 10/31/2023 *Trial: Long Cause
    Judicial Officer
    Ryan, Summer D
    Hearing Time
    8:30 AM

Can not access the court site - so I will depend on @Seattle1 to let me know if this is on going.

Wednesday, Nov. 1st:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39) vs. Keith Papini. Shasta County
Trial began on 10/31/23.
Case info from 4/20/22 thru 10/23/23 reference post #606 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-31

10/24/23: Media request filed. 10/25/23 Media request Order by Judge Kathryn J. Barton. 10/27/23: Brief filed. Judge Summer D. Ryan.
10/31/23 Tuesday, Trial Day 1: No info available. Trial continues on Wednesday, 11/1/23.

Can not access the court site - so I will depend on @Seattle1 to let me know if this is on going.
On Tuesday, 10/31 - both parties were present in court. KP said there's been no communication between his lawyer and SP's lawyer. She's living in a half-way house since she was released. No future hearing date was set. It's anybody's guess what paperwork is under submission now!

Original Type
    *Trial: Long Cause
    Judicial Officer
    Ryan, Summer D
    Hearing Time
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI
  • 10/31/2023 Under Submission

On Tuesday, 10/31 - both parties were present in court. KP said there's been no communication between his lawyer and SP's lawyer. She's living in a half-way house since she was released. No future hearing date was set. It's anybody's guess what paperwork is under submission now!

Original Type
    *Trial: Long Cause
    Judicial Officer
    Ryan, Summer D
    Hearing Time
    Result
    Held
    Parties Present
    Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI
  • 10/31/2023 Under Submission

Thanks!
And too late for me to delete my post from this morning... oh well! :)

Someone should tell her, that her carefully cultivated perfect hair, make-up, carefully wiped tears make her appear to be so self-absorbed, narcissistic, dishonest and thoroughly un-relatable and un-likable. She needs serious advice for image management for her court and public appearances.

Someone should tell her, that her carefully cultivated perfect hair, make-up, carefully wiped tears make her appear to be so self-absorbed, narcissistic, dishonest and thoroughly un-relatable and un-likable. She needs serious advice for image management for her court and public appearances.
Remember when she first went "missing", her husband thought the sun rose and set on her butt- she was basically described as the perfect wife and mother (gag me)- So now when he sees her in divorce court he probably wonders what kind of spell he was under to believe she was all those things. She really made of a fool of him, not to even speak of what she has done to her children. She remains unredeemable, IMO>

I don't think she would listen to anybody- she will do whatever she wants-- which is how she wound up in prison-- I don't expect her persona to change one bit!

Very interesting video report:
  • 10/24/2023 Media Request Filed
  • 10/25/2023 Media Request Order
This is very irritating -- I have no doubt that SP was behind the order allowing media in the courtroom on 10/31-- the only hearing she bothered to show up at, and then the coverage is exclusive $$$ to GMA!

SP continues making a mockery of the Court and they continue to look the other way. JMO

So - divorced now? He has temporary custody of children - and just have financials to work out. Correct? TIA! :)
Hope for him he is divorced now and he can move on with his life- it won't be easy but hopefully he is strong and he has his children to raise ----Having been fooled in the way he was makes it more difficult to get over the situation--- he probably blames himself for being so manipulated by her! I wish him and his children the best

3/17/23

• Sherri Papini, 42, spent 10 months in federal prison last year after being convicted of fraud for faking her kidnapping
  • The mom-of-two received a cash payout of just $10,000 in her divorce and is allowed to see her children only once a month for a one-hour supervised visit
  • DailyMail.com can reveal that Papini has only seen her children three times since her release and believes that her ex-husband Keith has recorded sessions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back