GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

More fraud and lies by the entitled convict!

I think it was was more than a year from date of legal separation, to before she had to report to prison, and SP never accepted supervised visitation with her children before prison so this comes as no surprise that she's only seen the kids three times since her release.

I also think allegations of being recorded (by her daughters watch) are most likely rubbish too.

So - divorced now? He has temporary custody of children - and just have financials to work out. Correct? TIA! :)

I think the SP's latest exclusive with the DM was to get her name in the news-- she has a status hearing on 3/25.

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

Case Number: 22FL-0199572
Court: Family
Judicial Officer: Barton, Kathryn J
File Date: 04/20/2022
Case Type: Dissolution With Minor Children
Case Status: Active

• 10/31/2023 Under Submission
  • 12/19/2023 Ruling
  • 01/04/2024 Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider
  • 01/25/2024 Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider
  • 02/13/2024 Case Resolution Order
  • 02/13/2024 Family Law Status Conference Statement
  • 02/29/2024 Letter Received
  • 03/25/2024 Status Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:30 AM

3/17/23

• Sherri Papini, 42, spent 10 months in federal prison last year after being convicted of fraud for faking her kidnapping
  • The mom-of-two received a cash payout of just $10,000 in her divorce and is allowed to see her children only once a month for a one-hour supervised visit
  • DailyMail.com can reveal that Papini has only seen her children three times since her release and believes that her ex-husband Keith has recorded sessions
Only 3 times doesn't sound like very motherly instincts to me...

3/17/23

• Sherri Papini, 42, spent 10 months in federal prison last year after being convicted of fraud for faking her kidnapping
  • The mom-of-two received a cash payout of just $10,000 in her divorce and is allowed to see her children only once a month for a one-hour supervised visit
  • DailyMail.com can reveal that Papini has only seen her children three times since her release and believes that her ex-husband Keith has recorded sessions
If Keith has recorded her sessions with the children I wouldn’t blame him. Sherri’s a proven liar who has accused various people in the past of all sorts of questionable behaviors that may or may not be true.

And IMO her children aren’t her priorities anyway.

Still a victim, but now she's paranoid too :rolleyes:

An author, for reals? Who's gonna buy her book? She just needs to get a job - Walmart in Shingletown has a opening for online order & delivery. Maybe folks will even tip her ...

She's likely trolling for her next male victim online, lol.

Still a victim, but now she's paranoid too :rolleyes:

An author, for reals? Who's gonna buy her book? She just needs to get a job - Walmart in Shingletown has a opening for online order & delivery. Maybe folks will even tip her ...

She's likely trolling for her next male victim online, lol.
Any book she authors automatically belongs in the Fiction section, whether it's True Crime or a Documentary.

If Keith has recorded her sessions with the children I wouldn’t blame him. Sherri’s a proven liar who has accused various people in the past of all sorts of questionable behaviors that may or may not be true.

And IMO her children aren’t her priorities anyway.

I wouldn't blame him either! California is a two-party consent state, so I wouldn't be surprised if (beyond the obvious i'm-the-victim here narrative) this was some sort of lame yet vindictive veiled threat to gain control.

Three visits has got to be confusing for her kids. In my experience with extended family, fewer visits are better for the kids when mom is next level toxic.

Is the watch capable of recording? It should be able to be determined. I would hope the father wasn't recording the visits. It is tempting for parents to do that but it is a big no-no. The visit is that parent's time with the kids and it is already supervised. I have seen two instances in my experience of cases where a parent once recorded visits and another time had a tracking device placed. The court was pretty harsh on that parent. My understanding is there was an offer for the kids to not have the offending watch worn, so that should address things. Sheri needs to move forward with her own issues and not waste time on things like this. She needs to build trust with her kids and the court and this isn't how you do it.

Now out of prison, but still living in the North State, Papini continues to visit her children, but only under structured and controlled circumstances.

In one of the supervised visits with her daughter, Papini provided a clue about her future, according to notes kept by a professional monitor and filed with the court. During a visit with her daughter in January, she told the child about how she spends her days.

"Last time we were on the phone you kept asking about my job. Do you have questions about it?" Papini asked.

"Yeah, what do you do for work?" her daughter replied.

"Well, like this place is very helpful for families, well, mommy is building a foundation to help places like this more. Mommy is making a business that will be a foundation to help people. Do you know what an author is?" Papini said.

"Yes," her daughter replied.

"Mommy is an author now. She's writing two books. I work lots of hours to write chapter books. So, when I tell you I'm working remotely, that means I'm at home writing chapters on my laptop," Papini said.

Can't wait to find out more about the "foundation" she's building ... SP owes $309k in restitution. It crosses my mind that she would create some sort of non-profit with the intent of paying herself, or having access to funds, in an attempt to circumvent having an income.

Last edited:
Now out of prison, but still living in the North State, Papini continues to visit her children, but only under structured and controlled circumstances.

In one of the supervised visits with her daughter, Papini provided a clue about her future, according to notes kept by a professional monitor and filed with the court. During a visit with her daughter in January, she told the child about how she spends her days.

"Last time we were on the phone you kept asking about my job. Do you have questions about it?" Papini asked.

"Well, like this place is very helpful for families, well, mommy is building a foundation to help places like this more. Mommy is making a business that will be a foundation to help people. Do you know what an author is?" Papini said.

"Mommy is an author now. She's writing two books. I work lots of hours to write chapter books. So, when I tell you I'm working remotely, that means I'm at home writing chapters on my laptop," Papini said.

Can't wait to find out more about the "foundation" she's building ... she owes $309k in restitution. It crosses my mind that she would create some sort of non-profit with the intent of paying herself, or having access to funds, in an attempt to circumvent having an income.
Sounded like a non-answer to me. The only work she described was doing writing, and even then she didn't state what kind of book she was writing, if she had a publisher, nor how it would help her start a foundation for anything.

Can't wait to find out more about the "foundation" she's building ... SP owes $309k in restitution. It crosses my mind that she would create some sort of non-profit with the intent of paying herself, or having access to funds, in an attempt to circumvent having an income.
Oh for goodness sake, looks like nothing has changed with Papini. A foundation to help people? Writing a book?

Sherri, how about getting your own house in order first? What a deluded ex con. IMO

Monday, March 25th:
*Status Conference Hearing (Divorce) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39/now 40) vs. Keith Papini (38/now 39) Divorce case filed April, 2022. Shasta County
Keith has already won a series of legal battles in the divorce – including having his ex-wife declared an 'unfit parent' & gaining sole legal & physical custody of T & V. Papini is allowed only supervised visits with the children which take place at a court building in Redding & voice & video calls at Keith's discretion.
On March 3, 2022, Sherri Papini was arrested by the FBI, accused of lying to federal agents & faking her kidnapping to spend time with her ex-boyfriend, away from her husband & family. Six weeks after her arrest, Papini signed a plea deal admitting that she had orchestrated the hoax. In September, 2022, she was sentenced to 18 months in prison & fined $300,000. Papini was released from prison in August, 2023 & placed in a halfway house. In April, 2022, a few days after Sherri pleaded guilty to fraud charges, Keith filed for divorce from his wife & for sole custody of their children.
Trial began on 10/31/23 & ended same day.

Case info from 4/20/22 thru 10/24/23 reference post #608 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-nov-2016-arrest-mar-2022-26.620371/page-31

10/31/23 Tuesday, Trial Day 1: Both parties were present in court. Keith P said there's been no communication between his lawyer & Sherri P's lawyer. She's living in a half-way house since she was released. No future hearing date was set. Present: Judicial Officer Summer D. Ryan. Result: Held. Parties Present: Petitioner (Plaintiff): Keith Papini & his attorney from Swartz & Jones. Respondent (Defendant): Sherri Papini & her attorney from Kinney & Kinney. Under Submission. They are now divorced, but still have financial issues. Keith was awarded temporary custody of the children.
11/22/22 Update: The pair appeared in court this week, where they sparred over finances, including insurance money paid for home repairs & a $3,200 Best Buy bill, racked up by Ms. Papini, who was accused of going on a 15-day spending spree in August 2022. Shasta County Court case record, on May 31, 2023, the divorce became final and the judgement was officially entered on June 6, 2023. 12/19/23 Docket update: Ruling.
1/4/24 Docket update: Declaration of supervised visitation provider. 1/25/24: Declaration of supervised visitation provider.
2/13/24 Docket update: Case resolution Order. Family Law status conference statement. 2/29/24: Letter received. Status conference hearing on 3/25/24 @ 8:30am with Judge Kathryn J. Barton presiding.
3/17/24 Update: Sherri Papini has accused her ex-husband of having their children make secret recordings of their supervised custody sessions. Now court papers reveal Papini has even become nervous about being secretly recorded during her time with her children – repeatedly complaining about a watch worn by her daughter that she claimed had been set up to record her by Keith. The records show Papini has seen her children just three times since being released from jail & only saw Violet during her most recent visit, as Tyler refused to attend. The first session was on November 15, 2023 – two months after she was released from the Oakland halfway house & saw her spend time with both children with no problems according to the report compiled by a court-appointed supervisor. But the second on December 20, 2023 saw her raise concerns to supervisor Maira DeLaTorre Rojo over the watches the children were wearing after the session came to an end, accusing ex-husband Keith of having them secretly record their visit. Third visit-A report detailing a custody visit on January 17, 2024 with daughter Violet reveals that Papini said she is setting up a foundation for families in similar situations while also writing the books in response to a question from the child. The new filings come against the backdrop of Papini's ongoing legal battle with Keith over access to her children - a case still pending with a settlement conference scheduled for later this month.

That's according to a court document filed by the United States Attorney's Office. The document also requests that the United States District Court issue a writ of garnishment against Kinney & Kinney Attorneys At Law, in which Papini has an interest.

After being convicted of the fake kidnapping, a court sentenced Papini to 18 months in prison and ordered her to pay roughly $310,000 in restitution. The document explains that the United States is now seeking a 10% litigation surcharge for the unpaid balance, bringing up the total amount Papini now owes to $340,221.23.

A writ of garnishment would allow the court to allow the seizure of property of a debtor in possession of a third party. In this case, it would be the law firm.

"Sherri Papini's financial obligations to the court will be met over time," a statement from Papini's lawyer, William Portanova, read. "Her financial situation is known to the Court and the Government."

I think the SP's latest exclusive with the DM was to get her name in the news-- she has a status hearing on 3/25.

Case Information​

22FL-0199572 | PAPINI vs. PAPINI

Case Number: 22FL-0199572
Court: Family
Judicial Officer: Barton, Kathryn J
File Date: 04/20/2022
Case Type: Dissolution With Minor Children
Case Status: Active

• 10/31/2023 Under Submission
  • 12/19/2023 Ruling
  • 01/04/2024 Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider
  • 01/25/2024 Declaration of Supervised Visitation Provider
  • 02/13/2024 Case Resolution Order
  • 02/13/2024 Family Law Status Conference Statement
  • 02/29/2024 Letter Received
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time

The 3/25/24 status conference-- parties were present and Motion continued:

Original Type
    Status Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    Result
    *Continued Party's Motion
    Parties Present
    Petitioner (Plaintiff): PAPINI, KEITH
    Attorney: SWARTZ AND JONES
    Respondent (Defendant): PAPINI, SHERRI
    Attorney: KINNEY & KINNEY
  • 05/13/2024 *Trial Readiness Conference
    Judicial Officer
    Barton, Kathryn J
    Hearing Time
    8:29 AM

@Niner

From the quoted link:

Now, prosecutors say she has yet to pay a cent of that penalty. A Monday court filing by the U.S. Attorney’s Office seeks $340,221.23 from Papini; the total includes a 10% litigation surcharge.

[..]

“Mommy is an author now,” Papini reportedly said during a supervised visit. “She’s writing two books. I work lots of hours to write chapter books.”

[..]

Along with her federal case, Papini is embroiled in a years long custody battle with her ex-husband Keith Papini. Keith Papini filed for divorce in April 2022, about a month after Sherri was arrested, and investigators believe he was blindsided by her lies. Keith Papini cited “the negative impact of their mother’s notoriety” in court filings regarding the custody dispute over their children.

Sherri Papini has been given 20 days since she received notice of Monday’s filing to notify the court if she wants a hearing.

Not sure if she's seeking unsupervised visits or wants shared custody. I think we know SP just wants $$$ from KP or anybody else-- and thinks arguing over custody will achieve this. JMO

From the quoted link:

Now, prosecutors say she has yet to pay a cent of that penalty. A Monday court filing by the U.S. Attorney’s Office seeks $340,221.23 from Papini; the total includes a 10% litigation surcharge.

[..]

“Mommy is an author now,” Papini reportedly said during a supervised visit. “She’s writing two books. I work lots of hours to write chapter books.”

[..]

Along with her federal case, Papini is embroiled in a years long custody battle with her ex-husband Keith Papini. Keith Papini filed for divorce in April 2022, about a month after Sherri was arrested, and investigators believe he was blindsided by her lies. Keith Papini cited “the negative impact of their mother’s notoriety” in court filings regarding the custody dispute over their children.

Sherri Papini has been given 20 days since she received notice of Monday’s filing to notify the court if she wants a hearing.

Not sure if she's seeking unsupervised visits or wants shared custody. I think we know SP just wants $$$ from KP or anybody else-- and thinks arguing over custody will achieve this. JMO
Is it just me, or can you call yourself an author when you haven't been published??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back