Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree and we've reached a point where there's nothing new and all we can do is go over (and over) the few things we know in a case... I remember in Holly's case we began to go off into things like:
human trafficking
taken by a para-military group
taken by a person living minimal lifestyle in the woods
she was PG and ran away
she left with a BF that parents didn't approve of

As for Sierra, after reading her tumblr posts, and seeing how family appears outwardly strong, and that we know so little about her circle of friends and goings-on prior to her disappearing - It would NOT surprise me if she took off with someone older to runaway. It's the way the Juicy bag seems so staged..

I also don't think her leaving her inhaler means anything at all. It's probably very easy to buy on the black market, or if she ran off with someone, they could have inhalers or a family member. If you rarely use it, its easy to build up a stockpile of un-used ones. So that shouldn't mean anything really. IMO

No one is saying and I would think if everyone is cleared, would it not be easy to get all of this rather simplified info? Sharon Rocha had lots of info about Laci....what time she called, what she said on that call, when she last saw her....it seemed we had so many people saying when they last saw Laci, what she was wearing....at the hair salon....and these family members who gave out info were cleared too...it seems like nothing's being said really here, perhaps LE specifically asked them not to divulge any info than what's out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I were Marlene and Rick and Steve, I wouldn't be giving out much detail either. If I were the parent of a teen girl in that town, I certainly would not say anything and I would never, ever give permission for my kid to be in the media.

Why? Because until LE comes up with anything more specific, it looks like there is a predator out there with knowledge of the area who has successfully evaded detection for 7 weeks.

I wouldn't want to do anything that might call the perp's attention to my teen or early 20s daughter.

Also, it's pretty standard for LE to ask witnesses not to talk to the media. LE doesn't want to take the chance that a witness will say something in the media that will tend to impeach them in court. Even a tiny, innocent change of wording can be used to impeach a witness. Like the difference between a dark coloured car and a black car.

New here, I apologize if someone mentioned this before. I tried to read all the posts, but I might have missed something.
Regarding whether she was attacked in the home or outside, it would be useful to know if Marlene (guessing she was the 1st one to go back home) found the door locked.
I find it hard to believe that a perp would take the time to lock the door and such, while dragging a person out of the home.

Ok two things...

.... she supposedly wore her red shoes every Friday but didn't this Friday and didn't bring her charger... and even maaaaaybe he tossed her phone on the pretense of giving her a new better smart phone as she's hitting the big time now... she may go along with it no? Very far fetched granted...

Above respectfully snipped by me and also BBM

I posted earlier that from posts her friends tweeted indicated SL had a uniform she wore on Fridays. Looking at it further, IMO, I believe these "friends" were from Fremont and this may have been a Fremont "uniform" .. not necessarily one she wore at Morgan Hill. MOO

In Holly's case, they had an eye witness and LE arrived within x10 min. of the crime. They confirmed nothing. That case made no sense at all. They even had Holly's blood. They very likely had DNA/evidence from perp too if the perp was there for at least 20 min.

Barney Fife could have solved that one.

BBM:

:seeya: ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:woohoo:

New here, I apologize if someone mentioned this before. I tried to read all the posts, but I might have missed something.
Regarding whether she was attacked in the home or outside, it would be useful to know if Marlene (guessing she was the 1st one to go back home) found the door locked.

I find it hard to believe that a perp would take the time to lock the door and such, while dragging a person out of the home.

:wagon:

Hello and Welcome !

BBM: Good Question ... I do not recall any info released on whether the door was locked or not locked ...

And adding to it :

Who was home first that afternoon : Marlene or Rick

And HOW did they find the door : Locked or Unlocked

Did Marlene and Rick CHANGE the locks AFTER Sierra was reported missing ?

:moo:

Hi Diamond ,

....and Wecome to Websleuths!

That was the question I asked a while ago but never got an answer. I don't think that info is out there, at least LE are not releasing it. I think that would change a lot of things if that door was open, since I would imagine Sierra locked up when she leaves in the morning. How bout it , anyone have info on this?

What bothers me is how Le has stated it is" someone close to the community"
UGH!! that's is what they said about Morgan Harrington and Holly Bobo and look where we are with those cases 3yrs old and 7 mos old.
I thought the "random" unknown was the hardest case to solve, but looks like the homeboys are gaining ground--how does that happen --they are in the community, most likely know the vic, maybe share the same friends, go to same schools, hangouts, stores, churches, etc:waitasec:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/ng.01.html
Aired March 20, 2012

Rita Cosby was the sub for Nancy. SMITH ... Sheriff Laurie Smith

COSBY: So is it possible that someone broke into the house, took her from the home? Do we know that someone, if, say, somebody took her, do we know that it wasn`t just in the home, that it could have been somewhere else? What do we know?

SMITH: We don`t know. There`s no forced entry in the home. The doors were locked. That`s why we believe it was outside the home. But if this was -- is an abduction, it doesn`t make any difference if it was in front of her house, inside of her house, and that`s why we`re putting the resources

Thank you for the welcome:)

I have a feeling that if the doors were unlocked we would know. As it would be a sign she was attacked in the house. That would be big, so I guess family would talk about it.

Sorry for going OT, but most cases in my country seem to have the same problem, perp being part of the victim's community, LE not being able to find exactly who did it. It's frustrating really.

I honestly don't think Sierra left willingly, something else happened.

About her clothes, let's say that was staged...it makes no sense to me. Grabbing her bag with random things would have been enough, but folding clothes and all..I don't get it. Maybe she was planning to spend the night somewhere, but I guess friends would have said something about it.
I just have an hard time in general thinking about the perp losing time on such things (folding clothes, locking doors...sending pictures). Then again, one never knows how such people think.

Putting the possibility of staging or taunting aside for a moment, the condition of the bag, clothes and books strikes me as a move from someone of immature faculties. As in the thought, "Here will do. This is good enough." What a twelve year old would do. I am not implying a twelve year old did this, although if one found the items elsewhere, that could be true. More I am thinking that this perpetrator may have been very immature in thinking & emotions.

Also, I've been thinking about why the items were put in a less than ideal spot and it would seem due to the need to remove them from the vehicle under the pressure of time. This means the perpetrator was expected somewhere~back at work, back at home, or at any appointed time and place. This is compatible with the early morning hour that he struck.

Whatever came back from forensics...seems not to have been enough, IMO. It was after that when LE said they still did not know what she was wearing...and that is the last thing they have said, as far as I recall. JMO

Something that has been brought up and discussed several times throughout Sierras case is the family dynamic.. Many of us have seen that there are indications of specifically Steve and Danielle being somewhat on a different page than Marlene(and possibly Rick as well.). Where Ricks concerned Its very hard to gauge if they're a "team" as in strongly connected and got each others back.. Or not really and more so just Marlene stands alone.. But regardless it does appear to be that ATLEAST as far as Steve, Danielle, and Marlene goes that Marlene is on a very different page from Danielle and Steve..

IMO so much lies within Danielle and Steve(and even Marlene tho IMO it appears very much as tho Marlene tends to turn a blind eye to many things.) why and to what extent do I believe she turns a blind eye?? To what extent I haven't a clue but one of many reasons for doing so is that it's the path of least resistance, easier.. I believe that it's exactly this turning of a blind eye that we've seen in Marlene where Sierra's very deep and wide spread roots throughout social media are concerned.. Marlene certainly isnt the first parent that's not kept a watchful eye out and she won't be the last.. I'm not here to decide what caliber of a parent Marlene has been to her daughters but I do however feel that it is these type details and issues that are very much relevant and a part of this case and investigation..

IMO Steve and Danielle have some very real opinions about what they think could possibly have happened and some opinions on who possibly could have involvement with what's occurred to their daughter/sister.. And tho, IMO I do believe the divide was there even prior to Sierra's disappearance however IMO that divide has become more definite, if not even further apart regarding Steve/Danielle.. Apart from Marlene/(possibly Rick as well).. Again with Rick being completely absent we don't know if it's Rick/Marlene on the same page together.. Or is it just Marlene on a page of her own apart form where Danielle and Steve are..

This video from the Today show just further captures this divide of which I speak of regarding Steve/Danielle apart from Marlene.. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/46832709#46832709
It's so very in your face.. With IMO Steve/Danielle so very much wanting to ensure "true" info and details are relayed to the media.. Yet IMO so very concerned to not turn this already traumatic and rippling event Into something even more troubling...dramatic.. Side-showish.. I believe you see these two wanting to keep a united front of Sierra's family even tho, that Steve/Danielle are not at all united with Marlene on what she's stating as facts, details, information.. Nor united with the blind eye that Marlene may be turning about certain people or subjects that possibly Steve and Danielle see is NOT IN SIERRAS BEST INTEREST as far as finding the truth, finding her and who has done this to her..

Before anyone assumes I'm speaking specifically of Rick being involved.. I am not naming any names, nor pointing to anyone specifically at all.. I believe that it could be people who are known and/or associated through Rick, his work, his acquaintances, someone he's done any type of business with whatsoever, buying/renting from, etc..etc.. The list goes on and on its endless..IMO I believe it's possible that Marlene could be again turning a blind eye to certain things, issues, details, subjects, people. Things that would be difficult to even discuss, or think about.. Any or all of those and looking into those could cause friction in her relationship, possibly.. Regardless of the who/what specifically my point is that I believe it's possible that this is how Marlene copes with life, especially matters that are difficult, or uncomfortable.. And certainly ones that could cause a negative impact on her, or her relationship.. I can see that she may just choose to turn a blind eye.. That's jmo.. I'm not claiming that to be written in stone fact but IMO I see it as very likely part of what is the cause for Steve/Danielle to be on a completely different page than Marlene or Marlene/Rick..

As far as the video I do believe some discussed it again in the last thread and I just cannot stress enough how much I agree with those opinions about the obvious difference, distance, and totally different views on the evidence.. The eyes are extremely telling of exactly how much of a divide there is.. Along with what was most telling IMO was that moo Danielle/Steve weren't empathic to Marlene's crying.. I believe for me that was most telling and that there is a huge, huge difference in views as to what they believe may have happened to Sierra..jmo..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

SO as far as the video on the 23rd . I think IMHO what we saw with the eyes of Steve and Danielle when Marlene was talking about the bag was a more of a look like we were not supposed to talk about that subject looks. In fact it almost looked like Danielle was hoping Steve would say something quick. After all this was one week to the day Sierra went missing.
As far as the water searches they are now doing again. Jmo they are just crossing off all possible avenues of where she might be. I doubt there has been any tips. Just being complete in the investigation.

Seems LE is going to search more water ways .... wonder what the tip is for doing that, or is it just something they think they should do..? As some have mentioned, someone would need access to a boat to place her in deep water...
http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/water-searches-for-sierra-lamar-continue

I am not at all familiar with the area and my skills with Google Maps leads me to believe the little orange man is taunting me by not doing what I want.

So... in that area, are there no bodies of water crossed by bridges?

In my area, one of the easiest ways to dispose of a body would be to drop it off a bridge, probably at night. That has the added benefit of tending to wash away trace evidence and there's always a chance that it may fetch up somewhere that it isn't found.

Cosby and Sheriff Smith on 3-20-12

SBM
COSBY: So is it possible that someone broke into the house, took her from the home? Do we know that someone, if, say, somebody took her, do we know that it wasn`t just in the home, that it could have been somewhere else? What do we know?

SMITH: We don`t know. There`s no forced entry in the home. The doors were locked. That`s why we believe it was outside the home. But if this was -- is an abduction, it doesn`t make any difference if it was in front of her house, inside of her house, and that`s why we`re putting the resources.

So it appears doors were locked and parent must have said this was noticed on returning at the end of that day.

I hope the new searches are successful. Watching the last video of Sierra's parents and sister standing together really moved me. Especially Danielle, I imagine those girls have not had the easiest of times growing up, but they had each other. I know one tweet Sierra was regretful they had not been as close, I assume the move and her sister at college would make it harder, they're not in each other's lives everyday. Just natural. But after this time of transition they'd be in similar life stages, building careers, travel, serious relationships, children. No maternal cousins for Danielle's kids. Just breaks my heart.

If anyone reading this has the slightest inkling where she is, please let her sister have that at least.

Putting the possibility of staging or taunting aside for a moment, the condition of the bag, clothes and books strikes me as a move from someone of immature faculties. As in the thought, "Here will do. This is good enough." What a twelve year old would do. I am not implying a twelve year old did this, although if one found the items elsewhere, that could be true. More I am thinking that this perpetrator may have been very immature in thinking & emotions.

Also, I've been thinking about why the items were put in a less than ideal spot and it would seem due to the need to remove them from the vehicle under the pressure of time. This means the perpetrator was expected somewhere~back at work, back at home, or at any appointed time and place. This is compatible with the early morning hour that he struck.

Tuba - this is an interesting line of thinking....and let me take it a step further and propose another notion. THE SIAMESE CAT/KITTENS....could the Perp have taken them to this location for safe keeping as in they were his prize possesions? Did he add the purse to that? Is this where he keeps his special things? A stretch, but...

Something that has been brought up and discussed several times throughout Sierras case is the family dynamic.. Many of us have seen that there are indications of specifically Steve and Danielle being somewhat on a different page than Marlene(and possibly Rick as well.). Where Ricks concerned Its very hard to gauge if they're a "team" as in strongly connected and got each others back.. Or not really and more so just Marlene stands alone.. But regardless it does appear to be that ATLEAST as far as Steve, Danielle, and Marlene goes that Marlene is on a very different page from Danielle and Steve..

IMO so much lies within Danielle and Steve(and even Marlene tho IMO it appears very much as tho Marlene tends to turn a blind eye to many things.) why and to what extent do I believe she turns a blind eye?? To what extent I haven't a clue but one of many reasons for doing so is that it's the path of least resistance, easier.. I believe that it's exactly this turning of a blind eye that we've seen in Marlene where Sierra's very deep and wide spread roots throughout social media are concerned.. Marlene certainly isnt the first parent that's not kept a watchful eye out and she won't be the last.. I'm not here to decide what caliber of a parent Marlene has been to her daughters but I do however feel that it is these type details and issues that are very much relevant and a part of this case and investigation..

IMO Steve and Danielle have some very real opinions about what they think could possibly have happened and some opinions on who possibly could have involvement with what's occurred to their daughter/sister.. And tho, IMO I do believe the divide was there even prior to Sierra's disappearance however IMO that divide has become more definite, if not even further apart regarding Steve/Danielle.. Apart from Marlene/(possibly Rick as well).. Again with Rick being completely absent we don't know if it's Rick/Marlene on the same page together.. Or is it just Marlene on a page of her own apart form where Danielle and Steve are..

This video from the Today show just further captures this divide of which I speak of regarding Steve/Danielle apart from Marlene.. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/46832709#46832709
It's so very in your face.. With IMO Steve/Danielle so very much wanting to ensure "true" info and details are relayed to the media.. Yet IMO so very concerned to not turn this already traumatic and rippling event Into something even more troubling...dramatic.. Side-showish.. I believe you see these two wanting to keep a united front of Sierra's family even tho, that Steve/Danielle are not at all united with Marlene on what she's stating as facts, details, information.. Nor united with the blind eye that Marlene may be turning about certain people or subjects that possibly Steve and Danielle see is NOT IN SIERRAS BEST INTEREST as far as finding the truth, finding her and who has done this to her..

Before anyone assumes I'm speaking specifically of Rick being involved.. I am not naming any names, nor pointing to anyone specifically at all.. I believe that it could be people who are known and/or associated through Rick, his work, his acquaintances, someone he's done any type of business with whatsoever, buying/renting from, etc..etc.. The list goes on and on its endless..IMO I believe it's possible that Marlene could be again turning a blind eye to certain things, issues, details, subjects, people. Things that would be difficult to even discuss, or think about.. Any or all of those and looking into those could cause friction in her relationship, possibly.. Regardless of the who/what specifically my point is that I believe it's possible that this is how Marlene copes with life, especially matters that are difficult, or uncomfortable.. And certainly ones that could cause a negative impact on her, or her relationship.. I can see that she may just choose to turn a blind eye.. That's jmo.. I'm not claiming that to be written in stone fact but IMO I see it as very likely part of what is the cause for Steve/Danielle to be on a completely different page than Marlene or Marlene/Rick..

As far as the video I do believe some discussed it again in the last thread and I just cannot stress enough how much I agree with those opinions about the obvious difference, distance, and totally different views on the evidence.. The eyes are extremely telling of exactly how much of a divide there is.. Along with what was most telling IMO was that moo Danielle/Steve weren't empathic to Marlene's crying.. I believe for me that was most telling and that there is a huge, huge difference in views as to what they believe may have happened to Sierra..jmo..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

I think it's also interesting to note how Danielle consistently seems angry.

So many questions and possiblities run through my mind when I think about that; why she's angry, who's she's angry at...

This is one of the "analyzing" things I mentioned that I saw on another site. I havent watched all of the interviews, but from what I did see her body language clearly reads angry to me.

I think it's also interesting to note how Danielle consistently seems angry.

So many questions and possiblities run through my mind when I think about that; why she's angry, who's she's angry at...

This is one of the "analyzing" things I mentioned that I saw on another site. I havent watched all of the interviews, but from what I did see her body language clearly reads angry to me.

I think she's angry because she's helpless. She does give her mother some hard looks though, I agree. Perhaps she's angry at her mom because Sierra vanished on "her watch." Maybe she's mad that the mother made Sierra move. All of them are under such pressure. Can you imagine being thrown in to the media spotlight like this? They are no doubt exhausted, out of their minds with fear, and trying to say something sensible to the press. Not an easy task. I've always thought the mom came off as an oddball, (the sock sniffing comment especially), but face it...some people just have an odd manner of communicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500