Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's also interesting to note how Danielle consistently seems angry.

So many questions and possiblities run through my mind when I think about that; why she's angry, who's she's angry at...

This is one of the "analyzing" things I mentioned that I saw on another site. I havent watched all of the interviews, but from what I did see her body language clearly reads angry to me.

There are different stages of grief. Although Sierra has not found and we do not know that she is deceased, I still beleive the family would be going through a grieving process. Each persons grieving process is different in ways of what stage they are in and for the lengh of the time they are in that stage.

Here is a article that explains the grieving process. I think it will bring light to some of the families emotions.

http://www.medicinenet.com/loss_grief_and_bereavement/page4.htm

Below is a letter written to the person who took Sierra..many of you may have already read it.. for me Id never personally seen or even heard of it.. the remainder of the letter can be foundat the link below the snipped quote..

This Message Goes Out To The Person Who Has Taken Sierra Lamar:

I strongly feel that you are watching from a distance, and that you have heard Sierra’s family, friends and the community plea for answers. Only God and you know what has happened, and where she is. We have faith in our God, and know in our hearts that He will one day bring her home.

If you have hurt Sierra, God holds her in his loving arms, and any pain you may have caused is no more. If you have taken her from this earth and her precious life, God has taken her home. If you have held her against her will, and she is okay, please let her go. I feel that you are out there completely alone, and wondering what to do next. I can guarantee that you have closely watched the news, and even been online reading the thousands of posts via Facebook, Twitter, etc. Did you happen to watch the video that Sierra’s friend made? Now that you have gotten a glimpse into her life, you truly know how beautiful, young and full of life she is, or was.

We have so many questions. Did you plan this? Was it random? What exactly happened that morning? Do you have family? I know that you must, and I’m wondering how you would feel if this were your daughter, sister, mother, niece, or wife? Please take a moment and put yourself in Sierra’s shoes, and that of her mothers. Surely you would want your loved one safe, and never put in the position in which you have placed Sierra.
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/opini...cle_40616de8-8004-11e1-ab45-001a4bcf6878.html

There should be a volunteer search tomorrow (Wednesday), right? I can't find any new articles mentioning it, but I think one I read over the weekend said the Wednesday KlaasKids searches are still being done.

I am wondering if there is not more behind the arrest of the SO's than we are being told. I am wondering if all SO's, even those whose convictions predated the collection of DNA have been obligated to supply DNA for their current file. If not, perhaps the LEO's are using this arrest as an opportunity to get samples from these individuals.
If they did find DNA on any of the tested items, maybe they are trying to find a match.

Super duper good point!!!!

Don't RSO's have to have their DNA in a databank? When Chelsea King went missing, they matched DNA found on her clothing ,which was found on day 2, to her killer, even before they found her a few days later...if LE has DNA and it is from someone in the system, it shouldn't take so long, IMO...

If I were Marlene and Rick and Steve, I wouldn't be giving out much detail either. If I were the parent of a teen girl in that town, I certainly would not say anything and I would never, ever give permission for my kid to be in the media.

Why? Because until LE comes up with anything more specific, it looks like there is a predator out there with knowledge of the area who has successfully evaded detection for 7 weeks.

I wouldn't want to do anything that might call the perp's attention to my teen or early 20s daughter.

Also, it's pretty standard for LE to ask witnesses not to talk to the media. LE doesn't want to take the chance that a witness will say something in the media that will tend to impeach them in court. Even a tiny, innocent change of wording can be used to impeach a witness. Like the difference between a dark coloured car and a black car.

What I think is interesting is how tight lipped LE has been has been but at the same time SL's twitter and tumblr accounts, etc have remained open to the public. If that were my daughter, all of that would have been shut down or made private ASAP. The fact that all investigative info is on lockdown but some of her busiest social sites, some of it personal and embarrassing, are left "public" is suspicious to me.

?

SO as far as the video on the 23rd . I think IMHO what we saw with the eyes of Steve and Danielle when Marlene was talking about the bag was a more of a look like we were not supposed to talk about that subject looks. In fact it almost looked like Danielle was hoping Steve would say something quick. After all this was one week to the day Sierra went missing.
As far as the water searches they are now doing again. Jmo they are just crossing off all possible avenues of where she might be. I doubt there has been any tips. Just being complete in the investigation.

I believe we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.. While I understand what you're saying as well as I can absolutely appreciate that LE could share info/details with family members and ask that they not go public in speaking to the media about that particular info or detail.. I do not believe at all that's what is going on during this specific interview on the Today Show due to the fact for one that the question is in no way whatsoever probative for any information or detail that would even have anything remotely related to anything of evidentiary value, or frankly this particular info couldn't even have come from LE at all.. Anne Curry isn't asking for anything other than what was the parents thoughts on the bag found with clothes.. Anne made the question even More specifically personal to the parents opinion by asking did the parents see the bag with clothes as a possible indicator of Sierra running away or planning to runaway..

At this point we hear Marlene go into her mantra about Sierra liking some of her friends outfits and wanting to wear them..yada.. Yada.. Borrowing clothes..(a well known mantra that many of us recognize as Marlene has repeated it numerous times even tho it clearly makes zero sense to the vast majority of females as we just DO NOT borrow/lend out our undies, period)..

So, on top of the fact that Anne Curry asked nothing probative in nature at all, but rather the parents opinion.. On top of that it's Marlene's absolutely benign, and actually totally unrelated to the case, period, answer that she gives..There just is absolutely nothing Danielle or Steve would be quickly wanting shut down, or stop Marlene from stating further because it's crucial info/evidence they were told to keep hush-hush about.. No way in hell-o Marlene's rambling about an unrelated and actually nonsensical subject of Sierra wanting to wear friends outfits caused the "looks" of concern coming from Steve and Danielle..

Marlene rambling about borrowing clothes as an answer that indicated nothing unusual about the clothes in the bag.. Imo very misleading and Steve very simply and IMO appropriately challenged extremely nicely by letting it be known there was nothing usual, regular, or standard about that bag being found with his daughters clothes in it.. He let the truth be known that it was absolutely "baffling" that his daughters clothes were found inside that bag..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Tuba - this is an interesting line of thinking....and let me take it a step further and propose another notion. THE SIAMESE CAT/KITTENS....could the Perp have taken them to this location for safe keeping as in they were his prize possesions? Did he add the purse to that? Is this where he keeps his special things? A stretch, but...

I've been intrigued by that Siamese cat family ... hadn't thought of your angle - that cat's might be connected to the perp...

Could also be whomever was taking care of the cats found the juicy bag elsewhere and placed it there...

What I think is interesting is how tight lipped LE has been has been but at the same time SL's twitter and tumblr accounts, etc have remained open to the public. If that were my daughter, all of that would have been shut down or made private ASAP. The fact that all investigative info is on lockdown but some of her busiest social sites, some of it personal and embarrassing, are left "public" is suspicious to me.

?

I wondered about that too. Perhaps LE is able to watch who visits and wants the sites up for that reason?

Just checking in... trying to keep up. IMHO... when I have been at the search center and have seen this whole family in person they seem to get along just fine. All of them... Marlene, Danielle, Steve and Rick. They appeared to me to be comfortable around each other and lots of other friends around too. I did speak briefly with them as well.

Don't RSO's have to have their DNA in a databank? When Chelsea King went missing, they matched DNA found on her clothing ,which was found on day 2, to her killer, even before they found her a few days later...if LE has DNA and it is from someone in the system, it shouldn't take so long, IMO...

Yes, that is true. But what I was saying is if the RSO had not committed a crime since they began extracting DNA samples from offenders, that perhaps some of the people had never been obligated to provide such a sample. This would tend to agree with the police having a sample and assuming it comes from a RSO, therefore the sudden push to locate and arrest them.

Even though the news article said the RSO arrests had nothing to do with the case, the article I read had a misleading title. It was odd. I kept thinking of that famous Shakespearean quote, " The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Yes, that is true. But what I was saying is if the RSO had not committed a crime since they began extracting DNA samples from offenders, that perhaps some of the people had never been obligated to provide such a sample. This would tend to agree with the police having a sample and assuming it comes from a RSO, therefore the sudden push to locate and arrest them.

Even though the news article said the RSO arrests had nothing to do with the case, the article I read had a misleading title. It was odd. I kept thinking of that famous Shakespearean quote, " The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Yeah, especially in Holly Bobo's case. The RSO was arrested for a crime he committed years earlier that had previously been "uninteresting" to the DA.

Just checking in... trying to keep up. IMHO... when I have been at the search center and have seen this whole family in person they seem to get along just fine. All of them... Marlene, Danielle, Steve and Rick. They appeared to me to be comfortable around each other and lots of other friends around too. I did speak briefly with them as well.
I absolutely believe that and thanks for sharing.. as I've stated in previous posts I believe they are showing a united family for sierra.. I believe as well that there are definitely issues that Steve/Danielle do not agree with at minimum statements made by Marlene.. Marlene has onnumerous occasions made statements indicating it wasn't unusual for Sierra to have that bag packed with clothes.. more specifically stating the borrowing clothes as the reason for the clothes in thebag as if it werent unusual.. with Steve speaking up in contradiction that it was not usual at all andin fact was "baffling"..

I am very glad to hear that they are presenting a united front in hopes of it somehow helping to bring their daughter/sister home..

Checking in just to let everyone know I haven't given up hope. Maybe she will turn up in May. :)

I find both this and the Holly Bobo case so frustrating. So I can't even imagine how their families feel. How can these two girls just disappear without a trace? I have a horrible feeling we'll never know what happened in either of the cases, but I really hope I'm wrong.

?

Check around the threads here - this is not an unusual thing for LE to do, as they have the SM accounts monitored in the hopes that someone will let slip with something (can't recall that ever working, but then I can't recall rewards working either, and Mark Klaas says they have, so what do I know?).

All JMO

... Marlene rambling about borrowing clothes as an answer that indicated nothing unusual about the clothes in the bag.. Imo very misleading and Steve very simply and IMO appropriately challenged extremely nicely by letting it be known there was nothing usual, regular, or standard about that bag being found with his daughters clothes in it.. He let the truth be known that it was absolutely "baffling" that his daughters clothes were found inside that bag....

Snipped by me. I wonder about Marlene's answer in relation to how many close friends Sierra actually had in MH. While my daughter seldom trades clothes, I remember doing so—with my closest friends. And Sierra's closest friends seem to be in Fremont. If she didn't do it there, IDK why she'd do it in MH.

Marlene's answer could be based in part on guilt. I'm sure she second-guesses moving Sierra to MH at this point—how could she not? She thus may see some things out of "rose-colored glasses" as a means of mental self-preservation. I'm sure she'd prefer a benign excuse for the clothes, if possible.

But that could aggravate Steve and Danielle in terms of the investigation. And yes, girls seldom trade undergarments ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500