CA CA - Speed Freak Killers (Shermantine talks; Herzog commits suicide)

It said Shermantine showed them where to dig in August- and they are not looking there...what makes them want to look where they are looking then?
Something sure sounds weird to me about how this whole thing is being handled...there are so many families who could have had closure...I believe Shermantine is legit, and I believe they would have found many more remains..just a sad situation all around, but my heart breaks for those families who can't prove Shermantine wrong or right. It will forever be on their minds as what if? Sharon Murch, mother of Michaela Garecht is someone who I think about as I write this...they could of at least "ruled him as not legit".

Shermantine's take, for what it's worth (and that might not be much). He certainly seems to like the attention.

But Shermantine, who repeatedly stated the FBI was digging in the wrong spot, said it is the FBI refusing to take his calls.

"They won't take my phone calls. I tried calling five different times, and finally I said 'Screw it, I'm done with them,'" Shermantine said. "Then on the 20th, I refused to speak to them because all they did was lie from day one."

http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news/news-stockton/-Speed-Freak-Killer-reacts-to-FBI-s-decision-to-halt-Linden-dig/-/12969936/19047248/-/1lorwkz/-/index.html

audio interview with WS at link.

A map given to private investigator Rob Dick by Wesley Shermantine.(Feb. 22, 2013)
Melinda Meza/KCRA

speedfreak3-JPG.jpg

I'm glad victims families are starting to file suit. Shermantine was talking, he was giving them places to search and they just didn't. Locals nor FBI seem to want to find other victims. And that makes me wonder why.

I wish the families would band together, they would carry more weight. Also I wonder if they have tried any of the volunteer search agencies. If locals and FBI don't want to do it, maybe the volunteers can do something with it.

I know the news reports (above) don't mention any link to the case but there's so much more to the story than what's reported in the articles. A former San Joaquin county correctional training officer interviewed kc (Kenneth Cunigan) and posted this on his Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/frank.gayaldo/videos/947746015268276/

I don't believe the "mummy" bit, that's just crazy....

Highway-of-Tears-wanted.JPG I was reading up on the Highway of Tears unsolved murders from British Columbia (which lies above WA State). I saw this sketch and well it made me think the Speed Freak killers may have been involved. Anyone else think this looks like LH & WS?

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...ry-of-victims-remains-in-san-joaquin-county/3

Two prominent scientists have added to the chorus of criticism of the embattled San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office over its 2012 excavation of a Central Valley well that held victims of the “Speed Freak Killers,” according to court documents, saying the recovery effort was flawed and failed to follow established standards. The revelations raise further questions about whether possible evidence pointing to unidentified victims of the infamous serial killer duo was lost during the recovery of remains.

Critics have lambasted the Sheriff’s Office for using a backhoe to search a Linden well linked to the serial killers, alleging that the remains found were fractured, commingled and dishonored — including mixing human remains with animal bones. The sheriff’s handling of the investigation has come under fire by current and former law enforcement officials, a state senator and others.

Here is a link to information on someone who I think could have possibly gotten tangled up with LH & WS : Norman Lee Creech. Norman went missing from Sacramento, CA on November 25, 1983. The circumstances leading up to his disappearance and its proximity to their stomping grounds make me wonder if he got involved with the speed freak killers. http://www.nampn.org/cases/creech_norman.html

View attachment 85102 I was reading up on the Highway of Tears unsolved murders from British Columbia (which lies above WA State). I saw this sketch and well it made me think the Speed Freak killers may have been involved. Anyone else think this looks like LH & WS?

They do look a bit alike. However, they were very busy in CA from 1984 - 1999. The distance from CA to Canada seems a bit of a stretch to think they were both the Speed Freak and Highway of Tears... But, we know that they were in CA in 1998 and on "vacation" in Utah in 1994.

Unit looking for ‘Speed Freak Killers’ victims

"The detectives have been working cold cases individually and the group of four has been working together on developments in the case of serial killer Wesley Shermantine – one half of the “Speed Freak Killers” that authorities believe were responsible for nearly 20 murders and could be responsible for dozens more in and around the Linden area in the northeastern part of the county."

"The Shermantine case, which attracted national attention, is requiring detectives to go through letters that the convicted killer – who is currently on California’s Death Row – had written and maps that he had drawn has sparked visits to a number of sites where remains could be located. The unit is working with experts on how to incorporate technology like ground-penetrating radar, dogs, and probing techniques before attempting to recover the remains of potential victims. "

"Bones that were recovered in past searches under the previous administration have been sent to an anthropologist to determine whether they are animal or human, although the pandemic is delaying that information from making it back to investigators at the moment."

any updates?

I know those two monsters were responsible for a lot of killings, as yet unresolved. :mad::eek:

Honestly, my biggest shock in this case lately is that they were NOT responsible for the disappearance of Michaela Garrett. I wouldn't put anything past these monsters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back