CA CA - Sylmar (Lopez Cyn), WhtFem 587UFCA, 18-25, Purple Bell-Bottoms, Apr'76

Got an email back from the ID unit in LA county saying they'll review the information.

Also found this :

Postmortem iris color changes

According to this study (above link) : "All isolated blue eyes changed to brown/black within 48 hours at room temperature and higher. In addition to the isolated eyes a Sus scrofa (pig) head was obtained in order to observe postmortem change of eye color "in situ." The "in situ" blue eye turned brown/black within 72 hours at room temperature. Given that Sus scrofa eyes are anatomically similar to human eyes, if iris color consistently changes postmortem in humans, then this artifact must be incorporated into victim identification protocol, including disaster-victim identification software. Autopsy reports should also note this artifact in order to prevent inaccurate victim identification and unwarranted exclusion based on differences in postmortem and antemortem eye color."

I had trouble finding info or studies about this, so I thought I'd post the link.

Possible match?
Edna Faye McIntyre, disappeared from Chicago in 1972. Not listed in Namus.

Doe Network :

Would've been 21 in 1976, height and weight within range. Blonde hair (Doe had blonde roots). The only thing that doesn't add up is eye color (Edna's are blue, Doe's are brown). Wonder if it's possible the eye color changes 2-7 days after death?

View attachment 370251
Here is Edna McIntyre's thread:

Some possible matches -- I will divide them up into multiple posts since I can only attach 10 photos at a time.

Niki Diane Britten - #MP7828
Missing From: Albany, OR
Missing Age: 15
DLC: July 16, 1969
Height: 5'4" (64 inches)
Weight: 145 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Features: No known information
Circumstances: Niki ran away from her home in Albany, Oregon on July 16, 1969. She was living with her grandparents at the time of her disappearance. They legally adopted her after her parents divorced; this was supposedly to ensure that Niki's father, who was allegedly abusive, wouldn't get custody of her.

Her mother, Nancy Mahaffey, remarried and moved to Pennsylvania, leaving Niki behind in Oregon; Niki began running away after that. For a time in 1966 and 1967, she stayed at Hillcrest, a juvenile correction facility.

Niki called family friends in September 1969, trying to get in touch with her grandparents. She said she was in New York, had a job and was all right. This was the last time her family heard from her. Her grandparents kept the same phone number for the rest of their lives and never changed the locks at their Albany home, in case she should come home or try to contact them. (per Charley Project)
7828_50036.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Denise Marie Sheehy - #MP5533
Missing From: Queens, NY
Missing Age: 16
DLC: July 7, 1970
Height: 5'2" (62 inches)
Weight: 103 lbs
Circumstances: Denise was last seen leaving her family's residence at the Mets apartment complex in the 4800 block of 46th Street in the Woodside neighborhood of the New York City borough of Queens on July 7, 1970. This date happened to be her sister's nineteenth birthday.

Denise and her mother had argued at dinner because her mother thought Denise had been drinking alcohol. She left the house angrily and without taking any personal belongings. A neighbor saw her climb over a fence behind the building and leave the complex via an adjacent Mets building. She never returned home and has not been heard from again.

Denise's boyfriend was visiting relatives in Pennsylvania when she disappeared, but he came home to assist with the search. The police have ruled him out as a suspect in her case, and her family doesn't think he was involved either. (per Charley Project)
sheehy_denise2.jpeg4452_14664.jpg

Irene Lanora LaRosa - #MP37130
Missing From: Ellington, CT
Missing Age: 17
DLC: March 1, 1971
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Weight: 110 lbs
Eye Color: Green
Circumstances: Irene was last seen in Ellington, Connecticut sometime in March 1971. She walked away from her home and has never been heard from again. Irene was not reported missing until 2016, decades after her disappearance. She grew up in a Catholic orphanage, the Our Lady of Rose Hill in New Britain, Connecticut. Few details are available in her case. (per Charley Project)
37130_196802.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Helen Irene Allison - #MP28085
Missing From: Fairfax, VA
DLC: May 11, 1972
Height: 5'3" (63 inches)
Weight: 115 lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Circumstances: Helen was last seen in Fairfax, Virginia on May 11, 1972. She has never been heard from again. It's possible she traveled to the Washington D.C. area after her disappearance. Few details are available in her case. (per Charley Project)
28085_152000.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Sherry Jean Pickle - #MP6528
Missing From: Borrego Springs, CA
DLC: May 16, 1972
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Features: Scar on right foot from bike spokes
Circumstances: Sherry was last seen at Coronado Avenue and Broadway in Long Beach, California on May 16, 1972. She possibly traveled to the Borrego Springs area, 150 miles southeast of Long Beach, afterward. She has never been heard from again. She may have traveled with a male companion after she went missing, or she may have tried to hitchhike to Los Angeles, California. Few details are available in Sherry's case, but foul play is suspected in her disappearance. (per Charley Project)
6528_218993.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Charlotte Jean Loomis - #MP6309
Missing From: Eatontown, NJ
Missing Age: 14
DLC: September 1, 1972
Height: 5'2" (62 inches)
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: Scar on forehead
Circumstances: Charlotte was last seen in Eatontown, New Jersey on September 1, 1972. She was staying with her sister-in-law, who was stationed at an army base. She was supposed to take a flight from Newark International Airport to Midland Bay City Saginaw International Airport in Michigan to go home to her parents, who lived in Detroit. Charlotte apparently never arrived in Michigan, although her luggage did. She has never been heard from again. The circumstances of her disappearance are unclear. (per Charley Project)
6309_40412.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe - #MP3855
Missing From: Phoenix, AZ
Missing Age: 14
DLC: September 20, 1973
Height: 5'3" - 5'4" (63 - 64 inches)
Weight: 130 - 140 lbs
Distinguishing Features: May have remnants of a "US Steel" scar on one of her forearms from backing into a hot radiator. It is possible only the letter "U" was still visible.
Circumstances: Dorothy was last seen walking towards the restrooms at Cortez Park at 35th Avenue and Dunlap in Phoenix, Arizona at 6:30 p.m. on September 20, 1973. She has never been heard from again. She may have traveled to Portland, Oregon or Houston, Texas. Texas authorities are assisting with Dorothy's case. It remains unsolved. (per Charley Project)
clitheroe_dorothy2.jpeg4452_14664.jpg

Deborah Lee Tomlinson - #MP11096
Missing From: Creswell, OR
DLC: October 15, 1973
Height: 5'5" (65 inches)
Weight: 140 lbs
Distinguishing Features: Ring of moles around neck
Circumstances: Deborah disappeared from Creswell, Oregon on October 15, 1973, her sixteenth birthday. She ran away from home with a teenage female friend and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. (per Charley Project)
11096_69725.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Nancy Gale Erickson - #MP87302
Missing From: Brattleboro, VT
Missing Age: 21
DLC: October 30, 1973
Height: 5'2" - 5'5" (62 - 65 inches)
Weight: 115 - 125 lbs
Circumstances: Erickson was last seen in Brattleboro, Vermont on October 3, 1973. She had come up to Vermont from Florida, and was arrested for stealing a car. She told the police she had only six cents in cash on her and had been on her way to visit friends in the White River Junction area when her car ran out of gas.

Erickson was placed on probation for the auto theft and sent to live in a halfway house in Brattleboro. Her family mailed her some clothes, but they were returned, and they contacted the halfway house to find out why. This was when they found out she had checked out on October 3 and never came back. She has never been heard from again. Her family does not know why she was in Vermont or who she planned to visit in White Junction when she was arrested. (per Charley Project)
87302_412054.png4452_14664.jpg

Patricia Meleady Newsom - #MP81350
Missing From: Ulster County, NY
DLC: 1974
Height: 5'5" - 5'9" (65 - 69 inches)
Weight: 130 - 160 lbs
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Unknown
Circumstances: Last seen by family in 1974. No additional details available.
81350_409588.png4452_14664.jpg

Susan Rhonda Labbe - #MP4613
Missing From: Lawrence, MA
Missing Age: 17
DLC: August 7, 1974
Height: 5'5" (65 inches)
Weight: 120 lbs
Eye Color: Green
Circumstances: Susan Rhonda Labbe was last seen on Andover Street in Lawrence, Massachusetts while hitchhiking home from Lawrence to Lowell, Massachusetts on August 8, 1974. Labbe goes by her middle name, Rhonda.
4613_30317.jpg4452_14664.jpg

Tiffany Felky - #MP26191
Missing From: Santa Cruz, CA
Missing Age: 26
DLC: November 6, 1974
Height: 5'6" (66 inches)
Weight: 100 lbs
Circumstances: Doyle was last seen in Santa Cruz, California on November 8, 1974. She may have gone hitchhiking on the day of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again and may have left of her own accord. Few details are available in her case. Doyle was originally reported missing by her sister, but the original missing persons report was purged. She was reported missing again in 2014, nearly forty years after she was last seen. (per Charley Project)
26191_410287.png4452_14664.jpg

Sarah Rachel Tokier - #MP5091
Missing From: Montebello, CA
DLC: 1976/1977
Circumstances: Per law enforcement - Sarah was only 16 or 17 years old when she went missing sometime in 1976 or 1977. Very little is known about her disappearance. Her parents are both deceased and her siblings are searching for answers. She was described as a White female, 5'4", 110 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes.
5091_32723.jpg4452_14664.jpg

This seems a slightly generic reconstruction. Multiple missing girls posted here by @citizen_sleuth resemble the new recon. Here's two I found to have the closest resemblance IMO.

Sherry Pickle
1708041851361.png
6528_218993.jpg

When I saw this new reconstruction, I immediately thought of Sherry. Eerie resemblance.

Sarah Tokier
5091_32723.jpg
1708041851361.png

Another close resemblance, but the jawline seems off.

This seems a slightly generic reconstruction. Multiple missing girls posted here by @citizen_sleuth resemble the new recon. Here's two I found to have the closest resemblance IMO.

Sherry Pickle
1708041851361.png
6528_218993.jpg

When I saw this new reconstruction, I immediately thought of Sherry. Eerie resemblance.

Sarah Tokier
5091_32723.jpg
1708041851361.png

Another close resemblance, but the jawline seems off.
The resemblance between Sherry Pickle and Jane Doe is very striking (face shape, hair color, nose and even eyebrows match quite well)

No new exclusions.

Did anybody ever submit Sherry Pickle?

I don't think so. I'm having second thoughts about submit Sherry, as I did submit Peggy Reed but Doe Network voted no due to a dental inconsistency. Jane Doe had a molar extracted sometime around 1975, though Peggy did disappear a year before.

They also voted no due to the circumstances of Peggy's disappearance, despite them being unknown. They said they believed Peggy met foul play close to home, despite there being no evidence of that. While I admit I disagree with Doe Network's descision, I can't really challenge it.

I'm worried stuff like this would factor into Sherry's "exclusion." Maybe a more direct approach is better here?

Last edited:
Submissions can also be made directly through Namus
I'm aware of this, though my email going either unnoticed or unanswered is a possible issue with that. It's happened to me in the past. There are emails on Jane Doe's Doe Network submission, so I'll email them soon.

I'm aware of this, though my email going either unnoticed or unanswered is a possible issue with that. It's happened to me in the past. There are emails on Jane Doe's Doe Network submission, so I'll email them soon.
Duh, of course you know that. Sorry, sometimes I get the new people and the experienced ones mixed up...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back