GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

Ought to add an extra year of jail time for every delay sought by the defense.

As of now, there has been no delays sought by the defense. 9/23 is the first day of pretrial hearings which is on schedule after 45 "court days" (not real days) of various discovery hearings. Prosecution has been pushing at keeping this on schedule. It just moves slow.

Just heard back from reporter contacted tonight:

Jill Cowan ‏@JillCowan 11m

No trial yet, but he's due back in court on Sept. 30, according to jail records.
6:16 PM - 28 Aug 2014

Thanks PIM. I've not been checking in . I cannot wait for this guy to get his long sentence !

I wasn't sure where to post this, but today was the opening day of the trial.

KFI had a detailed report and I nearly threw up in my car. Summers defense is basically that there isn't any direct physical evidence (i.e. he made the victim take a bath and washed her clothes) relating to rape, that he might have "taken her for a ride" and there is "no direct evidence Summers sexually assaulted her".

Yeah. Circumstantial up the wazoo, her testimony, his partner-in-robbery, who, to his credit, wanted no part in the kidnapping and bailed but didn't call 911 immediately (pukes).

The bare details covered on the radio today were so horrific, I can't/don't want to hear the rest. Summers needs to be off this planet.

Thankfully, in CA, kidnapping with the intent to commit a sexual crime is punishable by life, so even if he manages to get out of the 38 plus special circs charges, the kidnapping charges - at least 4 - should make sure he never sees daylight again.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015...-trial-involving-10-year-old-northridge-girl/

Thanks so much for the update. I was thinking about this case recently but once a name is pulled from the thread title, it's hard to know how to search. I do not recall her name anyway , which is a good thing. So glad this guy is gone for good. Be well, little one. I hope she's getting the best counseling there is available.

Thanks so much for the update. I was thinking about this case recently but once a name is pulled from the thread title, it's hard to know how to search. I do not recall her name anyway , which is a good thing. So glad this guy is gone for good. Be well, little one. I hope she's getting the best counseling there is available.

My daughter has, if anything, proven to be super-humanly resilient and I have nothing but praise for her therapist. I'd be lying if I didn't say the last 2 months have been very rough (worse than when it happened) but sentencing was a catharsis for not just her, but my wife and I as well.

The final chapter is finished -- the book can now be closed. Looking forward to putting distance between us and our monster. It's soon to be a footnote in my daughter's story rather than a major plot point.

I'll not post again. I don't quite approve of what your site does past a certain point but I know a number of you have expressed concern for my daughter.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back