CA - Violent sexual predator to be released into Orange County, CA, 11-17-2010

I sent the following e-mail to Mr. Bill Handle (640KFI):

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Melanie Gardner wrote:

Dear Mr. Handle,

Thank you for covering the sexual predator release information this morning. I belong to a large web site group with the primary vision is to protect exploited, missing, and abused children. There are many of us currently sending letters, e-mails, and making phone calls.

One of our members asked if there was going to be a protest anywhere. A place where we could show up and in a non-aggressive manner, and show our feelings towards his release.

Our member also mentioned The SACA (Sexual Assault Crisis Agency). However, this agency has since been shut down due to budget restraints.

Letters, e-mails, and phone calls only go so far. If you have any thoughts or ideas, it would be much appreciated. There must be more we can do to keep this animal off the streets.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention, and please let me know if there's anything else we can do.

All the very best,

Melanie Gardner

Bill's e-mail is: bill@kfi640.com (public information from his website).

note: I didn't mention WS, and recommend others who write anyone do the same. Thanks.

Mel, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't watch local news much... I might have missed this at least for a day or two, so I appreciate you so much for bringing this to our attention. I guess I better start paying our local news some mind. My mom always listened to KFI... I listen to NPR?!

I love KFI -- just wish they had known about this a bit sooner. Rick Roberts is really good too, but tends to stick to pervs in San Diego. I like to know what's happening on a more broader scale.

If we can get this perv back in jail, or in a mental institution, I'm all for it. If it saves one life, one assault, it's worth it.

Hugs,

Mel

Yes Mel, its worth it!

Thank you to everyone here, it is such a comfort to know people like you- its an honor.

You know, its so strange because I have wonderful friends that are very compassionate, caring individuals who rally around the planet/animals and causes that support its protection or conservation, but whenever I post something of this nature on my Facebook page; I barely get a response.

I guess it is just too difficult for most people to think about. I don't think that's a luxury ANY mother should take. I just don't understand, and it breaks my heart sometimes.

I'll never understand this mentality- ever.

Aye Frigga - what you say is true, UNLESS it is in their backyard also. Then I would think they would come out and protest.

The key here is getting the word out!

Mel - have you seen this announcement anywhere besides KFI? Maybe a mailing to all the local news stations? Heck, I'll send it to my local news.

Salem

Okay - I sent it to our TV station (I think I missed one - I will go back and find them) and the two papers that publish here.

This is what I said:

A dangerous and violent sexual predator is due to be released today, 24 years before his prison term is up. More information may be found here: http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/Handel2.html

He is scheduled to be released in Orange County and is known to live as a transient. Orange County is only 4 hours away from San Luis Obispo. Please put the word out that this man is being released early, due to deceitful practices of the California Mental Health Department and let parents know they should be aware he could be walking our streets.

Thanks,

Salem

I did a google search - not much. Maybe I'll send it to NG and JVM. They may or may not pick it up.

MOO

Mel

You just read my mind Mel!

I sent a note to CNN, NG, JVM, and Rick Roberts (our local child advocate). Someone has to pick it up. The more people who push the better :)

Mel

Sample e-mail:

Dear ,

I know you are a dynamic advocate for the rights of children. It has come to my attention that a dangerous and violent sexual predator is due to be released today, 11/17/2010, 24 years before his prison term is up. More information may be found here:

http://www.orangecountyda.com./home/index.asp

He is scheduled to be released in Orange County and is known to live as a transient. Please put the word out that this man is being released early, due to deceitful practices of the California Mental Health Department and let parents know they should be aware he could be walking our streets.

His name is Lawrence Joseph Brown and is scheduled to be released to Orange County from Chino State Prison today after serving 25 years of a 49-year sentence for brutally raping two young girls after kidnapping them in broad daylight. Yesterday, DA Tony Rackauckas said at a press conference "Please help me spread the word to everyone in California that a few unelected, unreviewable, anonymous bureaucrats and psychologists have decided that starting November 17, a dangerous, violent sex offender will be a free man to walk the streets of Orange County and prey upon our children."

I know this release is right up your alley. If anyone can bring attention to this case, you certainly can.

My very best wishes for a positive outcome. May this sexual offender return to prison as soon as possible.

Melanie Gardner
Advocate for missing and abused children

Okay - I sent it to our TV station (I think I missed one - I will go back and find them) and the two papers that publish here.

This is what I said:

A dangerous and violent sexual predator is due to be released today, 24 years before his prison term is up. More information may be found here: http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/Handel2.html

He is scheduled to be released in Orange County and is known to live as a transient. Orange County is only 4 hours away from San Luis Obispo. Please put the word out that this man is being released early, due to deceitful practices of the California Mental Health Department and let parents know they should be aware he could be walking our streets.

Thanks,

Salem

Thank you, Salem. I used your verbiage in my e-mail to many. I hope you don't mind.

Hugs,

Mel

I called CNN... I was told it wasn't 'breaking' news. I totally get that, so I sent CNN an email.

I am also personally reaching out to local women I know who this will matter to.

I hope we get somewhere! Saying a prayer right now...

I called CNN... I was told it wasn't 'breaking' news. I totally get that, so I sent CNN an email.

I am also personally reaching out to local women I know who this will matter to.

I hope we get somewhere! Saying a prayer right now...

HUH! How can "being released TODAY" not be breaking news.

grrrr.....

Mel
(gotta step away from the computer now).

Hey all... my friend just wrote me back and said she saw on the news that people are working hard to get the Governor to have him civilly (is that even a word?) committed!

I'll see what I can find out.

John and Ken will probably be all over this case on their show today on KFI.
I think they come on at 2 PM. The show reaches several million listeners all over southern Calif.

HUH! How can "being released TODAY" not be breaking news.

grrrr.....

Mel
(gotta step away from the computer now).

Well Mel, unfortunately I suppose it means it is happening all across the United States, on a daily basis, so in their opinion ITS NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL!:furious:

I'll step away now too for awhile!

Thanks JoeFromLB, I do suppose that helps!

I just feel so helpless over this...

Well Mel, unfortunately I suppose it means it is happening all across the United States, on a daily basis, so in their opinion ITS NOT REALLY A BIG DEAL!:furious:

I'll step away now too for awhile!

So sad -- to put the lives of our children in such danger. I know it happens, but this was so blatant and the release was coordinated to be done behind the back of the public. Even Matthew Hedge, who lives in a trailer on Donovan State Prison grounds, is heavily monitored (this is in San Diego). San Diego went so balistic at having Hedge released, the county had no other choice.

Here's a pic of our perp as he looks today:

Lawrence Joseph Brown

Lawrence-Joseph-Brown_booking-photo.jpg

Mel

Thank you, Salem. I used your verbiage in my e-mail to many. I hope you don't mind.

Hugs,

Mel

You did an EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!

Okay - maybe we should contact that DA Tony Rackauckas or find his website and see what else he is recommending?

Marc looked at the thread and said he is aware of this, but he didn't have any advice for us.

Actually - I don't know if we can stop something that has already happened, but I know we should try and we should let CA Mental Health know that we don't appreciate them.

And why the heck are they in charge of this? We can't even get services for those that already walk our streets!!!

Pizzes me off!

Salem

So sad -- to put the lives of our children in such danger. I know it happens, but this was so blatant and the release was coordinated to be done behind the back of the public. Even Matthew Hedge, who lives in a trailer on Donovan State Prison grounds, is heavily monitored (this is in San Diego). San Diego went so balistic at having Hedge released, the county had no other choice.

Here's a pic of our perp as he looks today:

Lawrence Joseph Brown

View attachment 12381

Mel
This is scary info, knowing I'm headed down that way very soon with my child. Keep him out of Orange County, besides schools, there are several amusement parks he could frequent!!!:eek::eek::eek:
He needs to be kept locked up!!!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

You did an EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!

Okay - maybe we should contact that DA Tony Rackauckas or find his website and see what else he is recommending?

Marc looked at the thread and said he is aware of this, but he didn't have any advice for us.

Actually - I don't know if we can stop something that has already happened, but I know we should try and we should let CA Mental Health know that we don't appreciate them.

And why the heck are they in charge of this? We can't even get services for those that already walk our streets!!!

Pizzes me off!

Salem

My gut tells me he will violate his probation pretty quickly, and I hope it's only for messing around with his GPS. Once he's back in, then we can really take action!

Thanks for having my back!

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname