GUILTY CA - Yolanda Holtrey, 59, and Michelle Luke, 49, slain, Westminster, 1 Jan 2017 *Arrest*

Another pretrial hearing for Ireland is set for June 23rd.

I'll keep following for updates, but this type of case can take years to come to trial, so any progress on it will probably be very slow. Typically, the media stops covering these cases for the duration of the proceedings, and picks up again when the trial starts.

There's nothing in the news since like January

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Update: Ireland's preliminary hearing is scheduled for January 18, 2018. He remains in jail and is charged with murder, and special circumstances which would make him eligible for the death penalty.

Update: Ireland's preliminary hearing is scheduled for January 18, 2018. He remains in jail and is charged with murder, and special circumstances which would make him eligible for the death penalty.
Anything new?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Anything new?

Another delay. A hearing was held on Tuesday, January 16th, and the preliminary hearing is now set for May 15, 2018.

This is California, and delays in a high-profile murder case such as this can continue for years. I plan to keep track of this.

Criminal Court search: Orange County, California

http://www.occourts.org/online-services/case-access/

Christopher Ireland, search by case number: 17WF0007
I went by Yolanda's house this Christmas. I believe her son is living there now. The house was decorated and this year there was a large lighted angel in the front yard.
It was nice the family decided to keep up with the neighborhood's tradition of decorating for the holidays.

Preliminary hearing rescheduled for July 10, 2018.

I would not be surprised if there are many further delays. This may be a death penalty case, and often they take 5-7 years to come to trial in crazy California. He's being held without bail, so that's good.

Here we go again with the court delays.

Orange County court records indicate Ireland will have an "arraignment" on January 25th.

He's just now being arraigned, more than two years since his arrest?! Doesn't make sense.

I'm thinking another three to five years before this actually gets to trial. It's California, folks!

Just updating this case: there's another "pre-trial" hearing scheduled on September 27th. These hearings tend to be interminable in number. The actual trial could still be years in the future. It's a complete travesty.

I will continue to update every now and then. He is in jail with no bond at least. Just a horrific crime.

I’ve been following this thread for some time now. I knew his wife, I worked with her quite a few years before she worked at the stein mart where she worked with the victims. I had met him a few times and she seemed very different around him, I got a vibe that he was quite controlling and especially hard on their kid. I have been keeping an eye on here as it’s the only place I’ve seen any updates.

I’ve been following this thread for some time now. I knew his wife, I worked with her quite a few years before she worked at the stein mart where she worked with the victims. I had met him a few times and she seemed very different around him, I got a vibe that he was quite controlling and especially hard on their kid. I have been keeping an eye on here as it’s the only place I’ve seen any updates.

Welcome to Websleuths!

update from Orange County Court records:
03/13/2020
09:00 AM Jury Trial

I haven't heard anything about this case. I keep checking.

I just checked the court records. There's a jury trial scheduled for March 13, 2020.

We'll see if it actually occurs on that date. I'm hoping for a resolution of this sooner rather than later. In California these cases can drag on for years and years...

Last edited:
There is a Jury trial scheduled this morning for 9am. I was thinking it would get postponed due to Covid but it is still showing as scheduled so we will see. Does anyone have any further news or updates?

I just found that you can watch the trial online, the orange country court has a link to each court room that takes you to a YouTube live video. I am looking at it right now and it’s been postponed until Jan 6th 2021 and they said he he also being arraigned for 2 felonies regarding conduct within the jail.

There is a "Pitchess Motion" set to be heard on December 18th. This is an attempt by the defense to obtain police misconduct records (of the arresting officers?). Part of the discovery process.

Jury trial is still scheduled for January 6, 2021. I would hazard a guess this will still take a few more years to finally come to trial. We'll see...

Pitchess motion - Wikipedia

There is a "Pitchess Motion" set to be heard on December 18th. This is an attempt by the defense to obtain police misconduct records (of the arresting officers?). Part of the discovery process.

Jury trial is still scheduled for January 6, 2021. I would hazard a guess this will still take a few more years to finally come to trial. We'll see...

Pitchess motion - Wikipedia
Will this pitchless motion be available to view online like the hearing was?

It’s crazy that it has been 4 years almost and it’s still being dragged out. I feel bad for the victims families
I read that link regarding pitchless motion and it said it could be because an officer lied. This is obviously a blatant attempt at finding some loop hole. If there really was some reason that the officers committed a misconduct that resulted in you being in jail for a crime you didn’t commit, wouldn’t you have bought that up before now, you wouldn’t wait 4 years and bring it up weeks before your trial, it’s ridiculous

They might show the argument for Pitchess, but the file is considered personnel and confidential. If any review of the personnel files is done. It is usually done by the Judge in chambers. The Judge determines whether there is any information that is evidentiary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back