NEW Can you match these UID tattoos to tattoos of the missing?

1984 Male (28-48) Iowa: Flying bird carrying a streamer in its beak. Written inside the streamer is MOTHER. The word DAD is above the bird. The bird is in red-orange ink. The back of the streamer is in green ink. The tattoo is located on the right upper-arm near the shoulder-tip. Dimensions: Approximately 3 inches from DAD to the bottom of the streamer. Approximately 2 1/2 inches from beak to tail. Nazi storm-trooper. Wearing a German helmet and an iron cross. SS on collar tabs. The face under the helmet is skull-like. Has appearance of wearing a leather coat. Dark-colored ink. Located on the side and extending to the rear of the right upper-arm. Dimensions: Approximately 6 inches tall by 3 inches wide. Runs parallel to tattoos 3 and 4. Laughing skull with top-hat and cigarette. The words BORN TO DIE encircling design. Red ink inside eyes. Green ink inside nose. Located on right arm/inside bicep. Approximately 1/2 inch above tattoo #4. Total size approximately 1 3/4 inches wide at brim of hat by 2 inches long. Female face with dark hair under a sombrero. Fancy design on brim of sombrero. It's believed that the sombrero was put on after the female's features were tattooed. An additional tattoo of JOHN is visible under the design inside the sombrero brim. From top of the hat to the chin of the female face is approximately 2 1/2 inches. The brim of the sombrero is approximately 2 1/4 inches wide. Located on the inner-arm approximately 3 1/2 inches from the elbow joint. (right side) Approximately 1/2 inch below the skull in top-hat design. Female facial-profile/left side. Located on right side of chest above nipple. Tattooed so that female's hair appears light-colored. NOTE: A distinctive feature is that the female has a "gear" with a wrench through it for an earring. Dimensions: Tattoo would take up most of victim's right breast-area. Appears to be a spotted snake coiled around a tree. Dark ink. Located in the middle of the chest; along the sternum, from the xiphoid process to the angle. Majority of this tattoo is indistinguishable due to skin deterioration. Dark-colored ink. No combination for colors. Believed that skin-section from abdominal area/right side between navel and chest. Approximate dimensions: (male cartoon figure minus head due to skin deterioration.) toe to toe - 3 inches; sole to upper-chest - 3 3/4 inches. Dark-colored ink. No discernible color combinations. Butterfly pattern. Located on the rear of the right-side shoulder; towards the collarbone area. Dimension: Approximately 1 1/2 inches long. NOTE: No pattern distinguishable on rearward wing (possibly due to skin deterioration)
The Doe Network: Case File 92UMIA

For the record. This one is also identified!

1983 Male (25-50) Arkansas: Tattoos include: birds beak on the right upper anterior shoulder. On the right lateral upper arm are the letters "LUIC" and below this "NOEMI". Mid anterior aspect of the upper right forearm is the word "VENGANZA". Half-finished star. Left deltoid area is "duro" below this "con" and others.
The Doe Network: Case File 1285UMAR

Also identified.

The thing is....there are nowadays so many UID's with tattoos. It's almost impossible to keep on track. Thanks to "the oldies" who made this thread....Still coming here to look for tattoos...

Mentioning a tattoo I would really like to know more off

latest

Could this be an artistic random of an Irish Celtic rose.

Looks like a poinsettia to me

That is a very good likeness. Thanks. Why would someone tattoo a poinsettia on her body?...hmmmm, have to think and Google about that one....

'The plant is native to Mexico and Guatemala and is associated with December (according to some sources), marking the bearer as clean, pure and sacred. The poinsettia is also a symbol for motherhood, joy, love etc.

Seeing now that such a tattoo is not that uncommon.

Last edited:
I've seen a few cases with a 5-point star tattoo, after doing some reading I found out that the 5-point star can be a symbol of the Navy, Coast Guard or Marines. Also it could represent the Nautical or North Star which can symbolize finding your way in life or finding your way back home. Not sure if that will help in the identification process but it might and I found it interesting.

2012 Male ( ) Puerto Rico: name CARMEN SOSTRE on the back
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Just a thought about this one but wondering if that tattoo could be the name of a girl friend or ex-wife perhaps? If it is I don't know how to go about tracking someone down to identify this man the rest of his details are so vague as it is in most homeless cases.

Here are all of the 2020 UID's with tattoos so far this year will add more as they come up if anyone is finding it helpful

Arkansas male (45-90) multi-colored snake like tattoo The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Arizona female (33-58) tattoo on right side of neck “Joe” or “Foe” The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Arizona female (pre 30) tattoo on left upper chest “With Pain Comes Strength” Monochromatic tattoo of a design with small stars on left calf The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Florida female (40-65) Two skulls on right chest, “Ray” on right ankle, unicorn and “Paula” on left chest, dove with heart on left arm, snake on left thigh, flowers around left wrist The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
New Jersey male (40-50) right shoulder praying hands with rosary unknown words underneath, several other undefinable tattoos
New Mexico female (pre-50) unidentifiable small lower back tattoo, unidentifiable design on right outer ankle, possible flower tattoo on neck (yellow and green color)
New York male (pre-50) left upper arm “R+Ray” and a wolf, right upper arm faded heart with banner and cartoon duck with “Raymond” and “Cynthia”, Right upper back rose with “HUGHES” “EE” “BOYS”
New York male (30-45) tattoo center of chest “Luis Alexander” footprint below, star on right and left front shoulders, Left forearm grimacing skull/face, unidentifiable tattoo on right shoulder, back of left hand near thumb possible letters, right hand back of middle finger unknown, Right calf possible “3”
New York male (30-40) Left chest smiling woman with dark hair and glasses, Left shoulder/Upper arm face of Jesus with crown of thorns, Left Upper inner arm “Hadassa”, Right shoulder/Upper arm black and red swirl pattern with skulls, Right Upper arm skulls, Right lower leg abstract design around calf, Left Lower leg back of calf Grim Reaper The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
New York male (45-65) Left Inner forearm heart with letters “A” and “R”, Right side of chest “LOVE” with heart below, Left Side of chest bird with “B1-21” above and “Macara” below
New York male (25-50) Left forearm monochrome skull and bones in shape of cross, back of Left Upper arm monochrome Chinese or Japanese character

New York male (pre 70) multiple monochromatic tattoos; Upper Back: Very intricate tattoo with a large bird, a dragon, and a building. Left Chest: Praying hands with the name "Carmen" Left Arm: Skull and prison bars Left Forearm: Indiscernible Right Shoulder: Dragon Right Forearm: Dragon Right Lower Leg: Indiscernible
Pennsylvania male (35-50) small tattoo right anterior hip possibly says “The V” The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Texas male (pre 60) Tattoo of bikini-clad female standing in a flower UR arm; tattoo of heart with arrow thru it LR leg
Texas female (45-70) Colorful butterfly on outer left calf

I might have a match for this guy. I'm not sure where to post this. I'm usually just a lurker. Although the MP is listed as "no known distinctive body features" that doesn't necessarily he was tattoo-less. The circumstances, dates, locations, and other specs seem to line up, plus this MP went by the nickname Lupe, which would explain the "Anita" and "L&A" tattoos. Although different states, it's basically just a straight shot up US-377 or I-35, a two hour drive.

Guadelupe Gaona - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) The Doe Network: Guadelupe Gaona - 4777DMTX

Namus file and doe network file are both down, so I guess this person is identified.

This one I've been doing some digging into and the B1-21 MACARA tattoo I have found is a reference to the B1-21 infantry of the Eucador military. So it would seem logical to me that he is a retired military person but I don't know if the name given in his file as a possible name would be his real name or not or how to get in touch with any groups or people who would know.

This one with "The V" tattoo on his hip I done some checking into what that could stand for and found "The V spot lounge" located just 4 miles from where he was found deceased. Also the parking garage he jumped from was a parking garage for tenants at Philly South Apartments which are apartments for University students. So he could have had a connection to either the University itself of the lounge. Other than that I am not sure where to go next with that information.

The V also has some slang connotations, too. Based on its location, I wouldn't rule that out. At first, I thought it may be TWF V. It almost looks like a logo I once saw, but can't remember for what. I don't think its for the Thumb Wrestling Federation, but that seems to be the most popular acronym with those letters.

the V tattoo looks pretty old, small and it also looks like it was done with simple pin prick and indian ink.. This could have meant something to a group of friends 30 years ago it could be something else all together. TWF, TWE, THF, THE.. I also suppose the V could not be a V at all and the start of some decorative design under the lettering that was never finished.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back