Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just responding to the bold. Maybe AL and CL were suppose to do something that morning? If I had plans with someone and repeatedly called and heard nothing I would definitely head over. JMO

Anything is possible, I just find it a bit unusual.......based only on what is known to me, of course.

Random thoughts after thinking about this case the last few days:
-The kind of resignation in the tone of the mother, the use of the past tense, the use of the word "soul" by the father immediately made me think she saw something very, very bad in that house. Perhaps bloody handprints, pools of blood, drag marks in blood. Rugs/blankets missing.
-We have been given no information by LE that would give us any hope to expect that they are still alive: eg. do they have shoes, do they have phones, any other personal effects with them?
-By the scale of this manhunt surely every other Green f150 in Alberta has been cleared? DG is the man in the frame and unfortunately it looks like he had the time, knowledge and wherewithal to hide/dispose/destroy evidence. Again, I really don't think the RMCP and Calgary police forces would throw these kind of resouces at Airdrie without some kind of evidence.
-As mentioned above DG has given himself the user name "Matt" on online forums in recent years. I wonder if it is worthwhile doing some sleuthing using combinations of his aliases eg : MattG, MattK DougK, DougH?
-And again I appreciate the integrity of the LE but I wish they could steer us in a direction. Any direction. Is this still an Amber Alert? If so please uddate us with what we are looking out for? Is there still a green Ford at large? What are the adults/child wearing?
Frustrated ramblings above :gaah:

Just responding to the bold. Maybe AL and CL were suppose to do something that morning? If I had plans with someone and repeatedly called and heard nothing I would definitely head over. JMO

Two things:
The scene at the house indicated something bad happened there, enough clues for JO to contact the LE right away and for them to respond immediately, why was the Amber Alert not issued until 5:15pm that day? Many valuable hours were lost, no?
The other question I have is about AL's brother, CL and his response to AL not answering his phone.
Would it be that unusual for someone in the midst of moving not to pick up a phone? To warrant enough concern to the point of heading over to the house to check up on his brother in person?

To comment on your last comment, I personally would have done the same thing if my family was holding an estate sale.. doubts (about an issue) or not. I would have been worried.

I would really appreciate if someone could point to me the relevant posts (even one) that explains why there is reason to think there's some conflict between the two grandparents, and to suppose just one of them is no longer alive. Anyone could do me a favor, could PM to me? I tried hard to find them. Thanks in advance! :gthanks:

I think it stems from the fact that the amber alert (or one of them?) mentioned that NO may be with his grandfather, but made no mention of the grandmother, except to give a description of her? I don't have time right now to go back and look for it, but I know people mentioned that as being odd. Why only the grandpa? And yes, it is speculation. But I'm pretty sure that is what prompted all of this talk. I personally am more inclined to think that there was no conflict at all between them :) Staying positive :) Hope all 3 are found safe and sound really soon...

(Bold mine)

I have that same question. According to reports they weren't moving until the end of July. Had AL talked with CL the night before about a meeting with DG? Did CL have any business dealing with his brother? With DG?

I am sure the LE is looking at all angles and sharing only a fraction of what they know with the public.
I, personally, doubt that this crime involves complete strangers.
There is a link somewhere within this large family....IMO.

Two things:
The scene at the house indicated something bad happened there, enough clues for JO to contact the LE right away and for them to respond immediately, why was the Amber Alert not issued until 5:15pm that day? Many valuable hours were lost, no?
The other question I have is about AL's brother, CL and his response to AL not answering his phone.
Would it be that unusual for someone in the midst of moving not to pick up a phone? To warrant enough concern to the point of heading over to the house to check up on his brother in person?

Amber Alerts have to meet certain criteria and unfortunately not just any officer can put one out. I am going to assume that JO arrived at the house at 1000, saw whatever it is she saw, her family not to be found and she called 911. One of the criteria for an alert is that there has to be confirmation the child has been abducted. I think that took some time to figure out and IIRC the amber alert was for Alvin and Nathan at first and then it got updated to include KL. There was no mention of a vehicle either.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/mb/prog-serv/alerte-amber-alert-eng.htm

I think it stems from the fact that the amber alert (or one of them?) mentioned that NO may be with his grandfather, but made no mention of the grandmother, except to give a description of her? I don't have time right now to go back and look for it, but I know people mentioned that as being odd. Why only the grandpa? And yes, it is speculation. But I'm pretty sure that is what prompted all of this talk. I personally am more inclined to think that there was no conflict at all between them :) Staying positive :) Hope all 3 are found safe and sound really soon...

Thanks! :)

More randomness:

1. I also hope LE is looking at the right man. Yes, he has a shady past. But as far as we know, it's been a non violent shady past.

2. It seems that many many people could have a grudge against AL based on business dealings.

3. I agree with others, why move the bodies? Stage a robbery, kill them, leave. This is the part that makes me think something went wrong between AL and KL that night. No murder was planned, but in a fit of rage something bad happened. This would make me say one person is dead, the other is on the run with NO.

There is nothing to substantiate this crash, that I am aware of, except DG 'placing blame' in the 2005 court transcripts.

I don't think one can safely assume anything DG said/says to be true without corroboration

Cardston is not far from Airdrie. My guess is either DG had read about it when it was the "talk of the community" back then or possibly witnessed it.... or maybe was driving in the area when it happened and came upon the scene. Perhaps he became fixated on the event. He could have been home on a weekend visit from University around the time it happened. Either way, the name of MKH would have been out there and easy pickings for someone struggling... or beginning to struggle with mental health issues.

My own opinion is that DG may suffer from more than ADD. That diagnosis may be outdated as mental health study has come a long way since the 80's and even since 2005. I would suggest BPD, OCD or PTSD may be more in line. Untreated for many years perhaps this lead to paranoid delusions? MOO

I'm having trouble posting. My computer keeps freezing when I'm on this site only. Lots of traffic I guess.

Random thoughts after thinking about this case the last few days:
-The kind of resignation in the tone of the mother, the use of the past tense, the use of the word "soul" by the father immediately made me think she saw something very, very bad in that house. Perhaps bloody handprints, pools of blood, drag marks in blood. Rugs/blankets missing.

According to this quote from the following article, she would have seen a great deal, sadly.

"They say there was no sign of forced entry into the home but that blood found inside confirms that a violent incident did take place there.

Police could not say who the blood belonged to, only that whoever it was from would have been "in medical distress."

The forensics unit also examined "marks" along the outside of the house but police could not confirm whether those marks are blood."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-person-of-interest-has-criminal-past-new-charge-1.2698107

What is that? I can't seem to figure it out by googling it. TIA

It is a big case in British Columbia, Canada that involved a serial killer named Robert Pickton. There are a lot of articles out there on him and there's a few books. Worth the read.

Thinking.. Could the black SUV left near the pond be there to confuse the issue. What if DG used it to transport the 3 missing elsewhere - and put the SUV back in an suspicious place to create confusion (to buy time). I think LE should also look for the whereabouts of that SUV. (Excuse my English.. takes me alot of time to write)

Cardston is not far from Airdrie. My guess is either DG had read about it when it was the "talk of the community" back then or possibly witnessed it.... or maybe was driving in the area when it happened and came upon the scene. Perhaps he became fixated on the event. He could have been home on a weekend visit from University around the time it happened. Either way, the name of MKH would have been out there and easy pickings for someone struggling... or beginning to struggle with mental health issues.

My own opinion is that DG may suffer from more than ADD. That diagnosis may be outdated as mental health study has come a long way since the 80's and even since 2005. I would suggest BPD, OCD or PTSD may be more in line. Untreated for many years perhaps this lead to paranoid delusions? MOO

I'm having trouble posting. My computer keeps freezing when I'm on this site only. Lots of traffic I guess.

At the time of the crash of MKH, DG was at the U of A in Edmonton, AB supposedly. Cardston is about a 3 hour drive from Airdrie, about 5 hours from Edmonton.

I agree that DG possibly may suffer from more than ADD, his age at the time of his breakdown at University leads me to think in that direction.

Im having trouble locating any info on AL business dealings and past relationship with DG and how AL brother is connected to DG as well

Could someone please enlighten me with accurate information

thanks

Here's an odd coincidence that struck me when I read about the vigil:

Same Church ...

"St. Michael Catholic Community Church held a special prayer service on Monday evening for Nathan and Kathy and Alvin Liknes. It was attended by the family of the three."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...rayer-vigil-held-for-missing-family-1.2699624

February 4, 2013
"Sandra Mykytiuk-Evans, 56, was last seen at her Strathcona residence at 6 p.m. on Dec. 29.

Her daughters are planning a massive search to take place starting at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Michael Church, 800 85 St. S.W., and focusing mainly in the city’s southwest where Mykytiuk-Evans lived and frequented."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/F...cher+Sandra+Mykytiuk+Evans/7912902/story.html

Her body was found downstream in the river in the Spring.

Im having trouble locating any info on AL business dealings and past relationship with DG and how AL brother is connected to DG as well

Could someone please enlighten me with accurate information

thanks

I researched a number of the companies that were set up by AL, where mergers were involved, companies were delisted, and couldn't find a connection with DG. That is, I couldn't connect him as an employee to any of the companies, but that doesn't mean he wasn't an investor.

The idea that DG could have been involved in MH's death is preposterous. ...You do this by going to the library and scouring the microfiche of old newspapers' obituary columns, and using the information you obtain there, you order the child's birth certificate from vital statistics.

Why would he select an identity theft victim that had a direct tie to his original ID, if he wanted to hide successfully?

I think falling asleep at the wheel, and waking up causing a crash no matter the outcome would be pretty traumatizing. JMO

To all of you: Explain why DG repeatedly used Matthew Kemper Hartley as his fake ID, if he could just go to library (per Stirner) to find a different one---one would think he didn't want to be associated with the former fake ID, no more than he would want to be associated with a car crash victim of his?

"In the early 1990s, Garland was convicted of stealing the identity of Matthew Kemper Hartley — a 14-year-old Alberta boy killed in a car crash in 1980. The charge laid against him this past weekend relates to another, more recent incident in which Garland allegedly used the boy's identity again."

From
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...t-search-resumes-for-missing-family-1.2699624
Jul 08, 2014

Why do you suppose he would use the names Matt1 and Matt2 as his username on two different chat forums AFTER he has already served time for using MKH's name for some fake ID?

He had his choice of thousands of other usernames and yet he uses Matt...

:goodpost:

I too can't get past the fact of someone removing 3 bodies/harmed people from the home. And if the intention was to kill them, why not kill them and leave them there. People would already have the potential to recognize a vehicle there - why risk being seen removing bodies to the vehicle or cleaning up? Was the intention to kill? Obviously the person was in medical distress...why not just end it right there in the home vs potentially having blood, hair, and other DNA in a vehicle? Something does not add up.

I would love to know if any phone calls were made from the residence or either AL or KL cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suza_l