CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time I am not a gentleman either.

Here is a link of pictures of pruning saws and some do resemble electric knifes.

http://www.google.ca/images?hl=en&s...saw&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&biw=1020&bih=461

But when you are, do you prefer blondes? :crazy:

I own the old-fashioned style, hand-held pruning saw with the curved blade, maybe entire length approx 24". There are also electric pruning saws, but the pics i see all have double-edged blades and a guard between the handle and the blade. The object in question, although hard to see the blade itself, does not appear to have a horizontal guard.

IMO (which can change in the blink of an eye these days), right now it's a toss-up between a hacksaw (newer style, not the typical old one) and an electric carving knife (now my second choice).

For folks who think we are splitting hairs for no reason, depending what the item is might shed some light on whether it came from Audrey's own supply of tools or her kitchen (which smacks of someone who may have known her house better than a transient who had never been in it) OR was brought to the scene by the perp. (Unknown however how long the perp may have remained in the home, thus able to snoop around for items they would think useful).

IF it is a hacksaw brought by the perp, IMO that could indicate calculation and planning (which doesn't strike me as something a disorganized, schizophrenic transient would do. I apply that same thinking to visualizing this insane, out-of-control perp searching around the house for an item that they think might be handy at the moment .. but then again, i am not a schizophrenic killer, so who knows).

I don't think it is all that unusual to find people carrying knives for personal protection. Whatever the item is in the video, doesn't seem to be something that any person, sane or otherwise, would normally be walking around the hood with and then suddenly get the bright idea to go kill someone and just happen to have their handy-dandy hacksaw to use in their moment of insanity.

JMO .. for now .. I think it came from Audrey's home.

Comment 19, from step-sibling is contrary to comment from person who also claimed that familial connection, in another comment section,previously posted.

Here is that comment.http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/2096-charges-laid-in-audrey-gleave-murder#comment1482

Thanks dotr. I had forgotten having read that comment. Certainly does sound like it could be written by a family member or someone who knows DLS well.

Interesting that they point out that David is "religious".

So, two "downtown fixtures" in Hamilton have been in the news in recent months.

First DLS, a homeless person arrested for the horrific murder of Audrey Gleave.

Now, LAY, a homeless person found murdered.

Does seem a little unusual.

Why does that sound unusual?
One is homeless in Brantford, the other in Hamilton. That kind of lifestyle isn't exactly normal or safe. That scene is filled with mental illness, drug addicts who will do anything for a fix, etc.

Why does that sound unusual?
One is homeless in Brantford, the other in Hamilton. That kind of lifestyle isn't exactly normal or safe. That scene is filled with mental illness, drug addicts who will do anything for a fix, etc.

I can only speak for myself - I find it to be too co-incidental rather than 'unusual'.

LAY is a street person who's been brutally murdered. We don't know enough about that one to really say much right now.

But, with DLS, *I* am having difficulties believing that he'd be mentally capable of killing Audrey and not leave conclusive DNA in her garage, on her property, not leave a blood trail to the barn or elsewhere, etc. I simply have many questions about DLS + the murder and my questions don't seem to be getting answers. And, I have memories of others who have been wrongfully convicted in this country (Guy Paul Morin & David Milgaard).

I have a question for you:
Since you concur that DLS was a "fixture" in a populated area, why do you think he'd be using that barn? Was it a 'home' for him? Were there other places where DLS could have found housing? Were there other "fixtures" who could have taken him to the barn? Was he used by someone else who was "sane" enough to commit the crime against Audrey?

I'm trying to understand why DLS (who was very much 'at home' on the public streets) would all of a sudden take shelter in the barn which was far away (relatively) from his usual hangouts.

Any info you can provide?

Thanks.

Don't many homeless people find shelter somewhere? Doesn't 'homeless' mean they don't have/own/pay for a 'home', no fixed address... live on the streets.. it doesn't mean they don't seek shelter from the elements, or try to find a little nook or cranny to call their own (to themselves). (Look at that woman in Toronto who made a home in a parkland, and then had a fit when another homeless 'moved in' beside her.. remember that we're talking mental health issues here).
In earlier newspaper articles I believe it said that he grew up in that area (of the barn/murder).
When I 'knew' him a few years ago (and not by his last name!), he made his 'home' somewhere else... where he would go for sleep. Perhaps if an unfortunate murder had happened in that area at that time, he would have been picked up for murder then too. Fortunately there wasn't.
Hopefully there was some 'real' evidence against him to prompt his arrest, and not just that he's the mental guy who was seen and may have squatted in the area and carried a knife. I really hope the police aren't wasting their time while some serial killer preys on his next victim in some other city.

I can only speak for myself - I find it to be too co-incidental rather than 'unusual'.

LAY is a street person who's been brutally murdered. We don't know enough about that one to really say much right now.

But, with DLS, *I* am having difficulties believing that he'd be mentally capable of killing Audrey and not leave conclusive DNA in her garage, on her property, not leave a blood trail to the barn or elsewhere, etc. I simply have many questions about DLS + the murder and my questions don't seem to be getting answers. And, I have memories of others who have been wrongfully convicted in this country (Guy Paul Morin & David Milgaard).

Two separate issues.. the second issue, I have to agree. And since they can turn around DNA results in 48 hours for high profile cases (and surely there would have been some DNA somewhere), why did it take.. what, 45 days? to make an arrest.. with a dangerous interval of 24 hours between being put into the community at large by BPD, and his re-arrest by HPD? Almost like a second thought, just in case? Still work to be done.. but yet.. don't release the guy's photo to make sure they're talking to everyone they need to talk to??

The first issue.... street people meet with unfortunate circumstances of one sort or another all the time.. it goes with the lifestyle.. and according to news, LAY apparently wasn't a street person, but a mental health inmate living in a community living environment? I think there are a lot of deaths that we never even hear about. We only hear about them if their death was suspect for foul play. Street people die a death of solitude all the time for all kinds of reasons in every city.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/489386--dozens-gather-to-remember-slain-panhandler
Teri Pecoskie 34 minutes ago Dozens gather to remember slain panhandler

laura young vigil Sarah Parker was one of dozens of people who gathered at Wellington and Cannon streets for a vigil to remember Laura Young, who was found murdered earlier this week.
Barry Gray/The Hamilton Spectator
Both friends and strangers came together on a Cannon Street East corner last night to remember Laura Young, the well-known panhandler described as a “fixture” in the downtown core.

“Everyone deserves to be honoured and mourning together is one of the best things we can do at a time like this,” said Jeanette Eby, who met Young about a year ago as a volunteer at Freeway Coffee House.

Two comments. First, I wanted to clarify that I understand that Scott might well be educated and bright and yet still mentally ill. Here in the states if a mental illness has had an onset prior to finishing 12th grade, one could be placed on an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) and receive services through age 21. Regardless of IQ level. I was wondering if he might have crossed paths with Ms. Gleave in some sort of educational setting, whether she actually taught him or not. That could explain why she felt she could be authoritative with him if he entered her property.

Also, I wanted to remind everyone about that early comment from a person stating that they used to go to the barn until a man chased them with an axe. That gave me the impression that Scott's arrival at the barn was not recent.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913418

"....He lived in the barn thats being checked for over a couple years now and comes and goes all the time. The owner of the barn had him removed often but he continues to come back...."

and

"....and this barn is a place i used to go until this man chased me with an axe. We reported it to police but nothing was ever done...."

Why would one go to a barn that was not in use for animals? Was it a hang out? Do other homeless/transient people live there?

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2913418

Concerning Post #19 which I mentioned upthread, I'm not so sure this person is really a relative. Their screen name is connected with someone closely following Kyron's case. PDX is the "call name" for the Portland, Oregon airport and a person using this exact name seems to be someone who has closely followed little Kyron's case and posted publicly available photos of him on a Flicker site and blogs about the case:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54422458@N08/

http://kyronhorman.blogspot.com/2010/07/mike-grady-and-kimberly-kellyland.html

If this person is actually the step-brother of Scott, that's mighty worrisome, IMO.

ETA: He's also started a blog concerning David Durham, the fugitive out of Portland, who recently shot a police officer in Waldport, OR. He seems to offer his services to LE and has been declined.

So, it looks like that Scott Park Secondary (high?) school has been shut down. Did Ms. Gleave ever work there? I know that sometimes, schools' names changed or they are merged.

"...Audrey was a teacher at Hill Park Secondary School in Hamilton and then taught general science and physics at Hamilton’s Westdale Secondary School for about a decade. Former students said she also taught at Barton Secondary School in Hamilton..."

Are any of these schools connected with Scott Park Secondary?

Two separate issues.. the second issue, I have to agree. And since they can turn around DNA results in 48 hours for high profile cases (and surely there would have been some DNA somewhere), why did it take.. what, 45 days? to make an arrest.. with a dangerous interval of 24 hours between being put into the community at large by BPD, and his re-arrest by HPD? Almost like a second thought, just in case? Still work to be done.. but yet.. don't release the guy's photo to make sure they're talking to everyone they need to talk to??

The first issue.... street people meet with unfortunate circumstances of one sort or another all the time.. it goes with the lifestyle.. and according to news, LAY apparently wasn't a street person, but a mental health inmate living in a community living environment? I think there are a lot of deaths that we never even hear about. We only hear about them if their death was suspect for foul play. Street people die a death of solitude all the time for all kinds of reasons in every city.

Totally agree with you on both issues.

I still have this niggling feeling that LE is 'using' DLS for an arrest in the absence of the real (perhaps serial) killer. And that leaves a shiver up my spine for all concerned.

Oh, does anyone know when DLS makes another appearance in court or whatever? Surely this crime against AG deserves huge media attention and I'm getting the impression that we (the public) are being told very little. This "horrific crime" deserves the kind of attention given to Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka, one would think.:twocents:

http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/2096-charges-laid-in-audrey-gleave-murder#comment1482

to point out a few from link:
-DLS well known downtown- violent, angry, unpredictable
-kicked out of every church except St Andrews, of which he is suspected of setting fire to
-threatened to kill lady interviewed, sounds like more than once
-neighbours are VERY familiar with DLS (therefore why wouldn't AG be familiar with him too?????) maybe he came to door to borrow her phone.
-neighbour closest to barn could hear him screaming and singing at all hours of the day and night.

I'm thinking the police are delibrately not posting a photo because they'd be inundated with incidences relating to DLS and his behavior.

Would DLS qualify for some sort of welfare or disability with NFA??

I now believe AG new OF DLS like the rest of the neighbours.

barn at 347 Lynden Rd
AG at 3401 Indian Trail. same street ,name change.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

AG would have to drive past the barn on her way to and from Brantford

For some reason I still think AG slipped out for a coffee OK maybe she didn't take her whole purse, just her wallett, containing her driver lic and mayhap picked up DLS and gave him a ride to the barn??? and he forced her to keep driving to her residence??
or-
DLS was also at Tim's or Wendy's and he recognized her and waited by her car and forced her to drive him??

http://www.chchnews.ca/index.php/home/item/2096-charges-laid-in-audrey-gleave-murder#comment1482

to point out a few from link:
-DLS well known downtown- violent, angry, unpredictable
-kicked out of every church except St Andrews, of which he is suspected of setting fire to
-threatened to kill lady interviewed, sounds like more than once
-neighbours are VERY familiar with DLS (therefore why wouldn't AG be familiar with him too?????) maybe he came to door to borrow her phone.
-neighbour closest to barn could hear him screaming and singing at all hours of the day and night.

I'm thinking the police are delibrately not posting a photo because they'd be inundated with incidences relating to DLS and his behavior.

Would DLS qualify for some sort of welfare or disability with NFA??

WOW, thanks! Now here's a question that (to my knowledge) hasn't been addressed:
Did Audrey have an alarm system in her home/garage? Perhaps DLS tried to take shelter/hide out in Audrey's garage which set off alarms. This would startle and anger him. So, when Audrey came out to investigate, DLS was so enraged he did murder her.

Just my thinking going into overdrive.:innocent:

ETA: Regarding the question about welfare/disability - I think he'd be offered a home for men with his problems (we have one home like that just blocks from our house). But, in those homes there are rules which must be followed. Perhaps DLS refused a situation with rules.

barn at 347 Lynden Rd

For some reason I still think AG slipped out for a coffee OK maybe she didn't take her whole purse, just her wallett, containing her driver lic and mayhap picked up DLS and gave him a ride to the barn??? and he forced her to keep driving to her residence??
or-
DLS was also at Tim's or Wendy's and he recognized her and waited by her car and forced her to drive him??

This is my thinking also. I feel that DLS ambushed Audrey in some manner, somewhere.

barn at 347 Lynden Rd

or-

This is my thinking also. I feel that DLS ambushed Audrey in some manner, somewhere.

BTW: I'm starting to think that DLS is the perp here.:maddening:

:welcome5: deugirtni, you made good points.

at first I was intrigued by your name :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member