CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/18/cody-alan-legebokoff-suspected-serial-killer/
The 21 year old serial killer just arrested (news post upthread) did not fit the usual"type" for a serial killer..are we seeing more of that type?

"He was the baby-faced high school athlete with a large and loving family in northern B.C. But police allege 21-year-old Cody Alan Legebokoff was also a teenage serial killer who murdered at least three women and a 15-year-old girl, dumping bodies in the backwoods during a year-long violent spree.

The picture emerging of Mr. Legebokoff from interviews with family, friends and school administrators, is one of a popular and well-adjusted young man from a good home. He competed on downhill skiing and snowboarding teams during high school in Fort St. James, northwest of Prince George
"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/18/cody-alan-legebokoff-suspected-serial-killer/
"He was very sociable and kind-hearted…didn’t hurt others.”

But the friend added that Mr. Legebokoff disappeared for a while shortly before Ms. Leslie’s murder. “He went missing for a few weeks before the murder, like right before, and he didn’t tell anyone where he went, he just disappeared.”

RCMP say Mr. Legebokoff frequently used social media and online dating sites to “correspond with friends, associates, potential girlfriends and others” using the handle 1CountryBoy.

A profile by that name on Nexopia shows a young man who resembles Mr. Legebokoff listed as age 21 and from Prince George. The profile includes the lyrics from Justin Moore’s Backwoods, an eerie association for a man accused of murdering women and dumping their bodies in remote and wooded areas:

“Out in the backwoods/down in the haller/Out in the backwoods/Working hard for a daller/In the backwoods, yeah we got it done rite/work hard, play hard, hold my baby tight/lordy have mersey/ its a real good life in the backwoods.”

O.M.G. Caledon is Peel Region, and the cops expect the public to be only mildly concerned about stolen police badges?

When were they stolen? How many are out there?

I'm not a betting kind of person, but I do believe (bet) there is much more to come of these stolen badges. Peel Region Police needs to mention this in their arrests in the short, medium and long term.

Taxpayers seem to have lost control. How does AG or any other victim stand a chance?
Sorry for 3 in a row everyone.
http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/290046--man-impersonates-cop-police-issue-warningToronto Police have issued a warning the public of a man impersonating a police officer.

Toronto police say a man who identified himself as a plainclothes police officer approached a homeowner in the warden and highway 401 area yesterday afternoon.

The homeowner found the man suspicious and reported him to police.

The man is described as white, 5'11"-6'1", 180-190 lbs., with short, curly, black hair. he was wearing a black sweater with white writing, and black pants. He was driving an older-model blue or grey four-door vehicle.

Yep, we have/will have huge problems with those stolen badges - and all Peel Police can say is 'it's a concern'.

Which brings me back to what LE says about what they 'know' about an unknown perp - are they being realistic or are they having trouble agreeing to disagree?

For information sake only - there are unidentified male remains found 18 April 2007 north of the intersection of Glancaster Road and Fiddlers Green Road about 24 kms from AG's address.

Here is a link to the OPP missing person/unidentified remains website -

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIDetail.aspx?PersonID=522

The case is # 20070036OPP and can be found using the search feature.

The remains are estimated to be 7 - 8 months old when found - possibly older. What I always noticed about this person was, he was dressed quite well, had a few handy 'gadgets' on his person and LE have done a reconstruction on his face. Imo they are thinking homicide as how did this man end up in a wooded area with no vehicle in sight and does not appear to be from the immediate area?

Strange.

We've said this before and I'm going to say it again:

For such a "quiet, remote, rarely used area" Audrey's home and property seems to be close to very, very busy spots! And for all sorts of activities (DS living part time in the barn, the geocachers, the outdoorsy types, the cemetery visitors, the film crew, etc.).

I really wonder how 'quiet' this spot truly is/was!:waitasec:

Having a little trouble posting this - trust I am not causing any confusion.

For discussion only, want to mention the found male remains north of the intersection of Glancaster and Fiddlers Green Road (near Mount Hope Airport) and about 24 kms from AG's residence on 18 April 2007. Here is a link to the OPP website, the case number is 20070036OPP.

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIDetail.aspx?PersonID=522

I find this case interesting in that the man (50 - 65 years) seemed to be nicely dressed but was found in a wooded area pretty much in the middle of nowhere with no vehicle and no missing person found nearby.

Did he step off a plane into harms way?

Had an odd incident occur yesterday that made me think about those stolen police badges and how easily a criminal could pass for a police officer, especially with one of those authentic badges. I was driving along a major road in the city and noticed flashing lights coming up behind me so I pulled over to let the vehicle pass. It was a small unmarked pick-up truck with blue/red flashing lights on the grill and in the back window. I do realize police departments are utilizing "ghost vehicles" with very faint lettering on the sides and also have a collection of completely unmarked vehicles for undercover work. This particular vehicle was not identifiable as a police, fire, hydro or emergency vehicle at all, except for the flashing lights (which I understand can be purchased online).
Maybe I've watched too many crime shows that have victims being pulled over by 'fake' police officers. If unmarked cars/trucks are being used by official police officers then how is an unsuspecting person to know the difference?

ETA I contacted the local LE and apparently not one of theirs but could be part of the provincial fleet which they will look in to.

^^^^^WOW! What would anyone of us have done if we'd been pulled over/stopped by one of these vehicles? I probably would have pulled over thinking I'd been speeding! How horrible. :eek:

Please keep us posted!

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20110614/110614_sexual_assaults/20110614/?hub=CP24Home
Sorry for veering off topic, but I was looking at the WS thread for Unsolved Toronto crimes, when a newslink I had previously posted caught my eye.This perp at age approx 18-20, had sexually assaulting a 19 yr old and a 46 yr old.He would still be approx under age of 40- maybe he needs his victims to be even older now..

"Ansari said investigators have exhausted all avenues and are offering a $50,000 reward for information that leads police to the suspect.

Police are hoping the reward will motivate people with information to contact detectives. Police are also hoping that someone will be able to identify the suspect from the composite sketches.

The first sexual assault occurred on Poulette Street, near Dundas Street East and Parliament Street, in November 1993.

A 19-year-old woman was attacked, police said.

In July 1994, a 46-year-old woman was sexually assaulted in a second-floor apartment in the Queen Street West and Bathurst Street area, police said."

The person I spoke with told me next time to contact them right away if it seems suspicious rather than waiting until the next day. I made an off the cuff statement to my passenger at the time about never seeing a small pick-up as an LE vehicle but then the more I thought about it last night and this morning, the more it bothered me... so I called the station. She said that there are people who do try to pass themselves off as police officers and if a person is ever pulled over and they aren't sure to call 911 and dispatch will confirm whether or not the person is LE. She said not to turn it into a chase but rather pull over and dial 911 if the vehicle is clearly not a regular cruiser or if it is at night and you can't tell what kind of vehicle it is. She also told me to ask the officer for a specific item they also carry but these days I'm sure that item can be manufactured by the criminal element.

Thanks for the info! Gratefully, my husband and/or I have only been pulled over by marked cars or easily identifiable unmarked cars.

This van thing you describe is a new one for me! I have seen marked OPP vans but then again, they are clearly black and white with the OPP markings.

I've noticed the City I live in and the City I work in (they are two different cities) LE have been driving around in mini-van type vechicles, though these have been marked police vehicles.

If I were pulled over by one of these unidentified vechicles, I wouldn't even know what to ask for as a specific item that LE carry (other than a gun or a baton, and that's probably not a wise item to ask to see, if they aren't LE! LOL).

And this just in as well...Brantford Man found dead,

"Police say that a citizen found the man’s body with signs of trauma behind a former school on Mary Street about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday."

Source: http://www.thespec.com/news/crime/article/612141--dead-man-found-behind-old-brantford-school

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3341012
City police have identified the man whose body was found behind a former Mary Street school.

Dead is 35-year-old Gary Arruda of Brantford.

Police are calling his death suspicious and are appealing to the public for information.

An autopsy was conducted Thursday morning in Hamilton.

Police said they want to speak to anyone who may have seen or heard anything in the area of the former elementary school at 159 Mary St. between the early evening hours of Oct. 18 and 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 19

I live in a rural area and am serviced by VOLUNTEER firefighters etc. These guys drive their OWN vehicles and have mounted lights such as you describe. These volunteers could be sitting in the city having dinner and if their pagers go off they have to come to race to the scene. I'm used to several vehicles of any description racing down the highway with flashing lights.

=puppyraiser;7257947]The person I spoke with told me next time to contact them right away if it seems suspicious rather than waiting until the next day. I made an off the cuff statement to my passenger at the time about never seeing a small pick-up as an LE vehicle but then the more I thought about it last night and this morning, the more it bothered me... so I called the station. She said that there are people who do try to pass themselves off as police officers and if a person is ever pulled over and they aren't sure to call 911 and dispatch will confirm whether or not the person is LE. She said not to turn it into a chase but rather pull over and dial 911 if the vehicle is clearly not a regular cruiser or if it is at night and you can't tell what kind of vehicle it is. She also told me to ask the officer for a specific item they also carry but these days I'm sure that item can be manufactured by the criminal element.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.