CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a problem believing this perp is very young although i would put him in his late 20's at the least.
There is something in these murders and attacks that suggest some sophistication in stalking methods, hiding , and getting around.

I still have a problem believing the perp was very very young given the degree of stalking, hiding and getting around that went on. This applies to all the attacks and murders.
I am thinking late 20's up at the least. There was a certain degree of sophistication in all the attacks and murders even if they were messy.

I am so sorry , I did not realize a new page was started. I will have to catch up!

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/10/21/18861886.html
The now-93-year-old victim was sitting in her kitchen resting with a cup of tea about 2 p.m. after some morning gardening when Harris knocked at her door, said Green.

She opened the door thinking it was her grandson and Harris stuck his foot in and entered the west-end home.

After using her keys to lock the doors and ripping out the phones, Harris demanded money from the senior and pushed her around the home searching for items to steal.

While in the master bedroom, Harris pushed the woman face-down on the bed as he stole a gold heart-shaped locket with the initial of her first name engraved on it.

After returning to the kitchen, Harris picked the cane-using senior up, held her by her waist and stated: "I know you are a good woman, but we can have a little bit of fun. See, I can have sex with you."

The woman, who noted Harris had pulled his pants down, responded: "Are you crazy? I haven't had sex in 75 years."

The scared senior then made up a story that she was feeling sick and was going to have a heart attack, which appeared to have stopped any sex attack

I still have a problem believing the perp was very very young given the degree of stalking, hiding and getting around that went on. This applies to all the attacks and murders.
I am thinking late 20's up at the least. There was a certain degree of sophistication in all the attacks and murders even if they were messy.

From my experience, I think many people don't quite understand how 'sophisticated' young (18-25 and even younger) killers can be.

Secondly, IF the perp knew Audrey and her habits, there wouldn't need to be any level of 'sophistication'.

I'm sticking with the FBI - "look young and look close"!

:twocents:

Yes I agree, I watched a documentary about the *advertiser censored* industry on pbs, and the stuff that comes out nowadays is nasty. Its basically stalking and torture *advertiser censored*, they did not show anything just descriptions. There are factories full of this stuff being shifted everyday and very young guys must have access. It's the biggest business in the states.

^^^^^^Agreed. The *advertiser censored* industry is North America's leading industry/money-maker.

That said, I don't think we can 'blame' a film (of any kind) or a piece of music for criminal behaviour. It's my opinion that anything is able to trigger a criminal act. A good, church-going individual who never watches *advertiser censored* nor listens to so-called 'bad music' is still able to commit murder if that person is unbalanced.

:twocents:

( I don't know, but this would be the kind of guy to keep an eye on..
Man brandishes knife and threatens employee at Canadian Tire Store.
http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3342429

By Expositor Staff

Posted 1 day ago

Man brandishes knife and threatens employee at Canadian Tire Store.

On October 20, 2011, shortly before 3:30 p.m., a man entered the Canadian Tire Store on Lynden Road. The man was observed by employees to be acting suspiciously and was confronted at the checkout area where he was found to be in possession of suspected stolen property from the store. The man engaged the employee in a physical altercation before brandishing a knife and threatening the employee. The man fled from the store and was last seen riding westbound on Fairview Drive on an older purple mountain bike.

The suspect is described as a white male, 25-30 years old, 5'10", 170 lbs, tanned skin, poor teeth, dark hair, and was wearing faded black jeans, a black hoodie and a black toque. He was also carrying a black backpack.

Quoted from dotr:

The suspect is described as a white male, 25-30 years old, 5'10", 170 lbs, tanned skin, poor teeth, dark hair, and was wearing faded black jeans, a black hoodie and a black toque. He was also carrying a black backpack.

I agree this guy needs to be watched. However, I don't have the 'gut feeling' that this guy murdered Audrey. Why would he be so blatant in a public place (Canadian Tire) if he's running away from LE? Perhaps he wants to get caught?

Just my thoughts on the matter..........:twocents:

However, the 5'10", 170 lbs describes the person seen walking down Shelley Lorraine Loder's road at the time of her attack! So, is the Shelley attacker dying his hair? He was described as having blond-reddish hair at the time of the sighting.

And the backpack describes a person seen walking down Audrey's driveway.

Hmmm.............:waitasec:

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/292020--police-charge-toronto-man-with-scamming-seniors
Richard Chahor, 44, charged in fraud investigation Photo courtesy of: Toronto Police Service
Police charge Toronto man with scamming seniors

Kevin MisenerOct 25, 2011 11:38:09 AM

A 44-year-old Toronto man is accused of ripping off seniors in an elaborate scam.

Toronto police said between July and August of this year, a man went to the homes of seniors and talked them into various types of renovation work.

The victims were over-billed and work was never properly completed.

The man even duped one of the victims a second time by claiming to be collecting back taxes for Revenue Canada on the previous work.

Police charged Richard Chahor with fraud and personation.

Police believe there may be more victims

This rapist/killer in the news, tells why he took shoes as a trophy...
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2011/10/25/18873891.html
Hayes also claimed in the letters that he murdered 17 women in the Northeast, some of whom he raped and strangled, and took their "sneakers" and "trophies."

"During Hayes's trial, experts testified that Hayes had a sneaker fetish caused by an older babysitter who assaulted him and used sneakers as a sex toy.

Police who inspected Hayes's car after his arrest found one of Hayley's sneakers among other items stolen from the home. Detectives also found a closet full of sneakers and *advertiser censored* when they searched his Winsted home in the days following the crime".

Wow, the bar is set so low these days, it's difficult to see it. While I feel for the past injustices of perps that go on to rape, kill etc, for the life of me I cannot understand why these perps refuse to reach out for the help that is available and widely publicized as available.

Imo, something else must be at play in the minds of the worst of the worst.

Response to Woodland about why the perps don't reach out for help. I believe they simply don't want to do so!!

I think it's like with a drug addict/alcoholic - the first step is admitting there is a problem and then asking for help. But..............:maddening:

I think with some perps it's a gradual, slow loss of morals, so that each crime is only a little worse than the last one. Slowly they trick their minds into doing worse and worse things. Like starting out with alcohol, graduating to grass, then coke, crack, etc...

Aside from that; don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I was just on the funeral parlor memorial page for AG and some of the images seem a little weird to me.

Looks like some strange photoshopped stuff with images 6-10.

You can see them here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151710&page=2

I agree with Woodland in that there is often a progression of crimes. Think of Paul Bernardo beginning with rape and then going all the way to what he and his wife did to the school girls. Also, I think it's more than likely that criminals begin in early childhood with crimes against small animals. The case I'm thinking of here is Melvin Stanton who is now serving a long (lifetime?) sentence for the killing of a woman while he was out in a 'lesser prison' in Toronto near Yonge and Eglinton. Melvin began his criminal career as a youngster killing small animals.

Oh dear.......

Now. I'll have a look at the link Woodland posted above!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500