CANADA Canada - Carolyn Pruyser, 18, Peace River, AB, 17 May 1984

Does anyone else think there's a vague resemblance between Carolyn and these unidentified remains discovered in Napanee Ontario in December 1984?

CarolynAndJaneDoe.jpg

Perhaps I am being naive; authorities have probably already compared these cases. But I had to post on the off-chance it had been missed.

That's
Does anyone else think there's a vague resemblance between Carolyn and these unidentified remains discovered in Napanee Ontario in December 1984?

View attachment 151532

Perhaps I am being naive; authorities have probably already compared these cases. But I had to post on the off-chance it had been missed.
That's all the way across the other side of the country, like several days driving non stop if I'm correct. That seems very unlikely given the circumstances for Carolyn's case - it sounds as though she met with foul play locally.

I lived in Alberta for a while and made friends with people from Peace River. I love Canadians. Maybe the podcaster who does “somebody knows something” might take interest in this mystery.

View attachment 151532

Welcome to Ws JessieH!
The mp and the uid do look somewhat similar, imo.

There is someone I knew who mentioned a girl in Peace River that went missing and how no one was ever going to find her. A few hours before this he was talking about a guy who had gotten caught having sex with animals because his bus was in the picture. When I looked it up the next day Carolyn's case was the one I saw. I do know that at one point this guy had said he lived in Peace River among many other places and I know he's been in jail and was actually declared a dangerous offender in 2013 I believe. This man died in 2016 and I have no idea if he was even around that area at the time of her disappearance or maybe he could have been in jail? The way he was raging and taking about it made me think he actually had something to do with it but then again he could have been trying to scare me but I was in bed, it woke me up cause he was talking and yelling to himself in the living room so I really don't know for sure I couldn't catch everything he was saying and was scared to death. I always wondered though if maybe...just maybe he may have been somehow involved. I tried to tell the police not long after I found out he was dead but I'm not sure if they took it seriously or if they found out he wasn't involved as he was in jail I just don't know when

Weird. Does that site list any other missing persons from outside of CA?

Yes, there is actually 179 cases from out of the state of California. Most are people missing from neighboring states, I guess certain cases get put on there if there is reason to believe the missing person could be found in CA.

Jan 24 2020
CRIME HUNTER: Greedy Cali killer will get needle for family massacre
bjh1-e1579801368105.jpg

Carolyn Pruyser disappeared in 1984. Police suspect foul play.

MisSING

CAROLYN ELAINE PRUYSER

AGE AT DISAPPEARANCE: 18

WHEN: May 17, 1984

411: Carolyn was last seen at a Mohawk service station in Peace River just after midnight on the day she vanished. Her car was found a short distance from her parent’s home. The keys and purse were still in the car. Cops suspect foul play in her disappearance. She is described as white with blond hair, blue eyes, about 5-foot-3 and 130 pounds.

CONTACT: If you have any information regarding Pruyser’s disappearance contact Peace River RCMP CIS 403-624-6615, Crime Stoppers or your local police service.

The Doe Network: Case File 705DFAB
Case File 705DFAB
CPruyser.jpg

Carolyn Elaine Pruyser
Missing since May 17, 1984 from Peace River, Alberta, Canada.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: August 30, 1965
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3", 130 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    • Dentals: Available
    • Clothing: Blue jeans, blue Esprit jacket, grey shoes, yellow short sleeved v-neck blouse with red and yellow on the neck.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Carolyn was last seen at a Mohawk service station in Peace River shortly after midnight on May 17th. Carolyn's car was found a short distance from her parents home. The keys and purse were still in the car.
Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Peace River RCMP CIS
403-624-6615
OR
Peace River RCMP
403-624-6677

Agency Case Number:
84-2335

NCIC Number:
M-131847631
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
ChildFind Alberta
California Department of Justice

There was a fair bit of coverage on Carolyn's case - Northern Alberta is sparsely populated outside of cities such as Edmonton, Carolyn's disappearance seemed to have come as a shock for many community members.

"Car was found abandoned on Kaufman Hill on the north side of the town of Peace River"

"We have some leads that some things were going on in town that night that shouldn't have been going on."

"It looks like the car stalled and she caught a ride with somebody," said Casey Pruyser, who found his daughter's car early Friday several kilometers from home"

"Last seen at 5 a.m...Her dark blue 1978 Ford Fairmont was found abandoned at 7 a.m that day on a town hill."

"The car, which had a quarter tank of gas when found, was reportedly in poor running condition and may have quit on the road, although it did start at the RCMP garage."

"Police are looking at similarities between her disapperance and that of Shelly Anne Bascu, a 16 year-old girl who vanished May 3, 1983, while walking on the highway near Hinton."

"The Pruyser mystery also bears a likeness to the case of Marie Goudreau, a 17-year-old Beaumont girl whose abandoned car was found in August 1976 near Ellerslie. Her body was found two days later north of Devon.

"They'll also examine the "highway killings," a series of unsolved sex slayings along the Trans-Canada and feeder highways since 1973." - This is more commonly known now as The Highway of Tears nowadays, though Carolyn's case has not been mentioned in the inquiries held on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

2020​

1713804713518.png
''411: Carolyn was last seen at a Mohawk service station in Peace River just after midnight on the day she vanished. Her car was found a short distance from her parent’s home. The keys and purse were still in the car. Cops suspect foul play in her disappearance. She is described as white with blond hair, blue eyes, about 5-foot-3 and 130 pounds.

CONTACT: If you have any information regarding Pruyser’s disappearance contact Peace River RCMP CIS 403-624-6615, Crime Stoppers or your local police service.''

2013​

''PEACE RIVER – Crime News – Twenty-nine years have passed since 18-year-old Carolyn Pruyser vanished without a trace from a hillside overlooking Peace River, Alberta. Carolyn disappeared on May 17, 1984, after watching a Stanley Cup Final game.

The blond, blue-eyed University of Alberta student was home in Peace River when she went out to watch the game on television with friends. After dropping a girlfriend off before midnight, she disappeared.

Her father found her abandoned car, parked on a steep embankment on Kaufman Hill road where local youths often partied near her parents’ home. Her purse and keys were still inside.''

Name: Carolyn Elaine Pruyser
Case Classification: Involuntary
Missing Since: May 17, 1984
Location Last Seen: Peace River, Alberta, Canada.

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: August 30, 1965
Race: White
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Blue jeans, blue Esprit jacket, grey shoes, yellow short sleeved v-neck blouse with red and yellow on the neck.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Carolyn was last seen at a Mohawk service station in Peace River shortly after midnight on May 17th. Carolyn's car was found a short distance from her parents home. The keys and purse were still in the car.

Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back