CANADA Canada - Elizabeth Bain, 22, Scarborough Ont, 19 June 1990 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This witness reported this sighting for after 730pm, a time which the detectives know for a fact RB is in the gym weight room. The police theory is RB killed her before 7pm, so they never forwarded this witness statement that the detectives took. I believe it was a 7 page statement taken by Det. Raybould, and this witness later went to the private investigator of RB and produced a signed copy of the statement he gave to police.

Anyway, sorry for the long posts. As for PB, yes he is a viable suspect. I believe he took off to st. catherines because they interviewed him for the scarborough rapes, and he gave them his dna samples. he figured it was only a matter of time so he got out of the city. the composite sketch and EB's disappearance most likely forced him to lay low in continuing anymore rapes in the area. then the questioning in nov by police, forced his move to st. catherines.

thanks for the welcome dotr. much appreciated. and thanks for this forum, EB's case needs to remain alive and she needs to be brought back to her family.

matou, her id was found in her own bedroom, and i believe bernardo had already
graduated U of T around 1987 or 88. I'm pretty sure he wasnt attending U of T in 1989 or 90 as
a student.

matou, her id was found in her own bedroom, and i believe bernardo had already
graduated U of T around 1987 or 88. I'm pretty sure he wasnt attending U of T in 1989 or 90 as
a student.

Thanks for all the info, eyesonly. Yes, that's what I thought about PB too, that he was done at Scarb. Campus. A bank teller phoned in his name to detectives r.e. the scarborough rapes and stated he was a student at the campus so maybe he had loans or something to make him/her give that info as part of the statement. From the pdf link I posted above.

I don't think RB had anything to do with EB's death at all and never did. About the sighting of her car on the highway and the girl seen screaming. The sighting indicates that her car was being driven by some light-haired guy, eastbound on the 401, I believe, so he brings her car back to the area near the campus? Has to be someone who lives near the area who didn't have a way back and needed her car to get back. Why risk being seen again once Bain had been reported missing? This reminds me of the Sonia Varaschin case where her vehicle is used to dispose of her body and driven back to the area near where she was taken. Why do this? No other way to get back home, I guess.

Just my humble opinions here, but I've never seriously thought of RW as being involved in EB's disappearance. I've always had my eyes on PB.

Reasons:
- he did live in Scarborough and is (no doubt) The Scarborough Rapist
- he ran off to St. Catharines and got married
- he changed his name to Teale
- because of LE backlog, PB's DNA wasn't looked at for a long time

:twocents:

Oh, and one more thing. When RB was convicted I was just sick. I *knew* in my gut and heart that he was not guilty. But, of course, boyfriend/husband = easy and 'logical' target for LE.

:twocents:

The blood in the car was found to be consistent with that of a female offspring of EB's parents. EB's barrett was found in the car.
The police hid another witness report, a man came forward to the bains house after he seen the missing flyer and they sent him to the police to do a report. This man's name and number as well as a quotation "Seen liz's car?" appears in the bains 1990 personal phone book. This man reported seeing liz in her car in the passenger seat on the 401 being driven erratically, she had her face against the passenger window yelling for help. this gentleman described her and her car and he had her licence plate written down to but one number off. This gentleman showed up at the trial and asked the detectives why they werent calling him as a witness, they told him he wasnt needed and to go home.

Abduction by car = PB's modus operendi.

Quoted from Chorley:

The one weird thing is possibly I could be wrong Scugog as a place her body could be was mentioned before Bernardo.

Just as a funny/odd/thinking alike thing - when my husband and I were looking to buy a new house in a small town, we were first looking at the Scugog area. I remember saying: Sure, right near all of Bernardo's bodies.

Needless to say, we purchased elsewhere.

:scared:

I thought RB was seen at lake Scugog which was one of the things that made him suspicious. Maybe I'm wrong on this.

Lots here on the supposed eyewitness testimony almost certainly very goofy stuff.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightCanada/ar/t1925.htm

Note E.B's Mom doubts Bernardo since certain he would have bragged to KH

That's a great link that pretty well covewrs the case. I also found: http://www.canadianwritersgroup.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Baltovich-May04.pdf

A good summation of the case from a journalist who has covered the case.

It looks like the primary evidence against Blatovich was the testimony of eyewitnesses Marianne Perz and David Bibben. There was a serious problem with both of them. I get the impression that the Judge believed Baltovich guilty did everything he could to help the prosecution.

Apparently there were a number of witnesses who had seen Bain with a "tall Blond" man in the weeks leading up to the disappearance as well as similar reports after the abduction. If this was PB, this was a lot different from the Scarborough Rapes. I doubt we will be getting any confession from PB however.

matou, there was a witness who called the crime stoppers tips line who said he seen the car with the fingers up just outside of pt perry, he described the driver as blond hair, after the police got done interviewing him, the blond hair went to dirty blond to light brown to the same color as RB and he then identified RB as the driver. i believe RB had worked at a summer camp yrs earlier up in that area, so LE used that with this witness to concock the lake scugog theory.

we are still out there searching for EB, have never stopped, will never stop until she
is brought home.

matou, there was a witness who called the crime stoppers tips line who said he seen the car with the fingers up just outside of pt perry, he described the driver as blond hair, after the police got done interviewing him, the blond hair went to dirty blond to light brown to the same color as RB and he then identified RB as the driver. i believe RB had worked at a summer camp yrs earlier up in that area, so LE used that with this witness to concock the lake scugog theory.

YES! That's what I remember too. The car had a hand or fingers, some novelty thingy that attached to a car window, I think. And the hair color was all wrong. TY!

Reading the hypnosis testimony. I can't believe this was actually done. wow. The man was "a bit taller than Bain". Bain was 5'1" or 5'2". A six foot tall man would look very tall compared to her. If the man was sitting down, how could the witness determine any info about height. Ridiculous.

Q. What do you notice about his face as he looks at her?

A. He’s got something funny with his eyes. There’s something about his eyes.

Q. What?

A. They’re just. Small. I can’t. There’s something strange about them.

[43] Perz described the man as being “very white” and a little taller than Elizabeth. His face was unfriendly while Elizabeth looked happy. Initially, Perz could not remember the man’s clothing but then, after further questioning, she provided further details:

Q. Is he dressed for class? Or dressed for tennis?

A. Not for tennis. Just regular type of running shoes sort of thing. He’s wearing shorts. That’s why she sticks out in my mind because she was wearing pants. Because he, I think he’s wearing shorts. Somebody’s wearing shorts. Uhm. She looked really friendly. She was really happy to see me. More than usual.

[44] Perz saw “a few dark colours” in the man’s clothing, “but there is a little bit of light, white colour in his clothes I think.” He looked “just sort of mediocre weak”. For the first time, she expressed “this feeling” that he was with Elizabeth “because he’s so close”. As the hypnosis progressed, Perz became more certain that Elizabeth was with the man. She continued: “He might be a little bit stocky in the legs. Just a little bit. Not too much. But he’s short. He’s not great looking. He’s got these funny eyes. It’s like I remember. I’m thinking. I’m trying.” She also recalled for the first time that there were four other women near Elizabeth.

[13] With respect to after-the-fact conduct, David Dibben testified that early in the morning of Friday, June 22, he observed the appellant driving Ms. Bain’s car at a location near Lake Scugog. At that time, Ms. Bain had been missing for several days and the appellant had consistently denied knowing of her whereabouts or the whereabouts of her car. Later that day, at about 2:30 p.m., Ms. Bain’s car was discovered on Moorish Road in Scarborough. In it, the police found bloodstains matching Ms. Bain’s blood. The pattern of staining revealed that a body had been dragged into the car through the passenger door. In the circumstances, if Dibben’s evidence was accurate, it too virtually sealed the appellant’s fate.

OK, so some info here that I would disregard (the scugog sighting being RB, IMO) and the blood staining that shows she was killed OUTSIDE of the car and then brought into the car.

I would consider that her body with be found somewhere north of where she was last seen though. I've noticed that murdered victims tend to be hidden somewhere in the north direction, for some reason. JMO

[68] The police officer who took Dibben’s statement on July 1 recorded his description of the driver as “male white, 24-25, blonde hair, semi-receding wearing white fluorescent T-shirt; also driver had blonde moustache and was thin-faced.” When Dibben was first interviewed in person by the police on November 15, 1990, he described the driver as follows: “The driver was a guy 25-28 years old, thin face, dirty blonde hair just below the earlobe and a moustache the same colour as his hair. He was wearing a T-shirt, grey I think, with something colourful on the front.” Dibben was presented with a photo line-up. He identified as the driver of the car a photograph of the appellant taken on Sunday, June 24, just before midnight when the appellant appeared not to have shaved for one or two days.

moustache??

http://www.ontariocourts.on.ca/decisions/2004/december/C12090.htm

[163] The appellant told the police in several interviews that on Tuesday, June 19, 1990, the day that Ms. Bain disappeared, he went to find her at 9:00 p.m. when her Abnormal Child Psychology class ended. He said that when he arrived at the class, he saw a man standing outside the classroom. Thinking that the man might be there to meet Ms. Bain, he hid himself on a balcony above the classroom from where he could watch the students leave.

OK this is beyond weird to me. Why would he think that the man who was there was waiting for EB and why would be hide? Hinky. JMO Did he usually wait for her after her classes?

http://www.ontariocourts.on.ca/decisions/2004/december/C12090.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member