Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

Very interesting. It does sound like he did go there out of his own free will.
Also is it possible it's a look alike that is driving his car and using his cards. If there were 2 people in the car, it's possible there is another car close by. So they will make it seem like they are in the park while they use the second car as a get away.
I do hope he's safe and just needed to get away, for whatever reason.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

The weather is still relatively good, actually exceptional for this time of year. If he's camping out somewhere it's very do-able and comfortable. it's going to be quite warm in southern Ontario this weekend so I would imagine that it would still be nice in Algonquin.

I don't think he's still there. I think he's travelling to somewhere.

Just a thought and I know it's out there but here goes. I wonder if he was setting up a perceived disappearance in the park and when no sign of him is found he would be presumed dead. He wouldn't be the first person to go missing in Algonquin Park never to be seen again. Algonquin has certainly seen it's share of tragedy over the years. This would then leave him to start a new life with someone else.

It's all very bizarre.

MOO

The weather is still relatively good, actually exceptional for this time of year. If he's camping out somewhere it's very do-able and comfortable. it's going to be quite warm in southern Ontario this weekend so I would imagine that it would still be nice in Algonquin.

I don't think he's still there. I think he's travelling to somewhere.

Just a thought and I know it's out there but here goes. I wonder if he was setting up a perceived disappearance in the park and when no sign of him is found he would be presumed dead. He wouldn't be the first person to go missing in Algonquin Park never to be seen again. Algonquin has certainly seen it's share of tragedy over the years. This would then leave him to start a new life with someone else.

It's all very bizarre.

MOO

I think you could be right. If he was at the Outfitters at 4:30pm, then that's fairly late to be arriving at the park unless he wasn't planning to get very far into the wilderness. And, if he was making cell phone calls late into the evening, then he didn't stray far from the gate. I don't believe that there is cell phone service much beyond the main entrance.

I feel sorry for his kids.

MEDIA Release.
http://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/i...7&newsId=cc0b041c-4852-4d90-8241-70c7d4371ea7
York Regional Police is seeking public assistance in locating a 38-year-old man missing from the City of Markham.

Eugene KIM was last seen on Monday, October 2, 2017, at approximately 7 a.m., at the family home in the area of Bayview Avenue and Royal Orchard Boulevard. On October 2, 2017, at approximately 4:30 p.m., his cell phone was used in the North Bay area. Police and his family are concerned for his well-being as it is extremely out of character to not be home each night and it is unknown why he would be in North Bay.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact police.
Description:

• Male, Korean
  • 38 years
  • 5’9, 185 lbs.
  • Black hair

Vehicle:

• Black, Nissan Rogue
  • License plate BJJD 108
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police #2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 1-866-876-5423, ext.7241, or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips, or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com or text your tip to CRIMES (274637) starting with the word YORK.

It's critical to find his vehicle.

In many ways its almost harder to hide a vehicle than a person. I've dug into this story and looked into who he is and I think it's more likely he was trying to conduct a profitable (although probably immoral) business deal than to sneak off with some mistress. The man has a great network of friends and family with two beautiful kids and a loving wife. That doesn't mean it's not possible he had a secret life (he called in to work sick while telling his wife he was closing a deal FOR work) but I just don't think he's that type. He is a healthy 38 year old that 'appears' to be as stable a man as one can be - held the same job for 11 years. Algonquin Park rangers have searched the park, and there is just no evidence to suggest he was ever there or went off road.

He told his wife he was an hour away from home, and if that was really him texting AND he was telling the truth that would mean he was heading back to Richmond Hill. Why even give an ETA if you didn't mean it? Something happened, and maybe this unknown contact decided to overpower him. It's incredible that NO ONE has seen that black Nissan Rogue. It's easy to identify with a pretty unique license plate number for this area. It just seems more like an abduction than anything else. I think someone is concealing the vehicle. Parked in someone's garage or hangar. Whoever did it probably had an accomplice, or at the very least has knowledge of his stolen vehicle somewhere. It's been 4 full days now I strongly suspect someone is concealing that vehicle from the public eye, AND someone knows about it that isn't coming forward.

It's critical to find his vehicle.

In many ways its almost harder to hide a vehicle than a person. I've dug into this story and looked into who he is and I think it's more likely he was trying to conduct a profitable (although probably immoral) business deal than to sneak off with some mistress. The man has a great network of friends and family with two beautiful kids and a loving wife. That doesn't mean it's not possible he had a secret life (he called in to work sick while telling his wife he was closing a deal FOR work) but I just don't think he's that type. He is a healthy 38 year old that 'appears' to be as stable a man as one can be - held the same job for 11 years. Algonquin Park rangers have searched the park, and there is just no evidence to suggest he was ever there or went off road.

He told his wife he was an hour away from home, and if that was really him texting AND he was telling the truth that would mean he was heading back to Richmond Hill. Why even give an ETA if you didn't mean it? Something happened, and maybe this unknown contact decided to overpower him. It's incredible that NO ONE has seen that black Nissan Rogue. It's easy to identify with a pretty unique license plate number for this area. It just seems more like an abduction than anything else. I think someone is concealing the vehicle. Parked in someone's garage or hangar. Whoever did it probably had an accomplice, or at the very least has knowledge of his stolen vehicle somewhere. It's been 4 full days now I strongly suspect someone is concealing that vehicle from the public eye, AND someone knows about it that isn't coming forward.

Welcome to Ws Warden!

http://www.680news.com/2017/10/05/police-seek-help-search-missing-markham-father/
attachment.php

black Nissan Rouge with licence plate BJJD-108.
The family says Kim called his wife around 4:30 p.m. saying he was coming home after his meeting was done. That was followed up at around 9:30 p.m. when Kim texted his wife to say the deal was done and he would be home in an hour.

When he didn’t show up, Kim’s wife texted him at around 11:22 p.m. and got a message back saying he couldn’t talk at that moment.

That was the last time anyone heard from Kim.
Lim says they’ve also learned that the phone call was made from somewhere in the North Bay area and that at 5 p.m. on Monday afternoon, Kim signed for a camping permit in Algonquin Park.

“He doesn’t have an affiliation with anyone that’s known to police, he’s mentally healthy, physically healthy. He’s a joyful guy, no major stresses – nothing out of the ordinary.”

Attachments

• eugene-kim-missing.jpg
    eugene-kim-missing.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 361
Is it interesting that the gender of the "person" he was with has not been made public (anywhere I can see)? I think it is odd and interesting.

That was also a red flag for me. I wonder if the family was told the gender of the person. If it's a man it sounds dubious, if it's a woman, it sounds like he's off on a fling.

Another thing that people aren't considering is that you can enter Algonquin Park and drive through it without a pass. The only time you need to have an entry pass or permit is when you park at one of the lots. If someone was up to no good, why create a paper trail by buying a pass? They would have just told him to keep driving into the park and just pull into any lot. Also, there's no rule that says you have to purchase a permit with a credit card. He could have easily paid in cash.

They haven't said if they've been able to ring his phone, or if it's switched off or going to voicemail. Or if he has a social media account of some kind and if he's logged into one of those at some point.

FB says he is originally from Sault Ste-Marie, a fair distance but direct line to North Bay, imo.fwiw.

If he was intending to go to Sault Ste Marie, it would have been faster just to driving up the 400. Going to algonquin and north bay just adds on an extra 100km to the drive.

I have read all the news articles and watched the police press conference on this. Here are a few points --
-- This is not an abduction. It is planned by Kim.
-- At work, he called in sick on the day he left.
-- At home, he had said he was closing a big deal at work and would be home late.
-- When he contacted his wife, he told her he had gotten the deal implying he was at work, when he hadn't gone to work at all.
-- His employer knew nothing of such a deal in the works.
-- When he told his wife he would be home in an hour, he was 335kms away around North Bay. It was impossible for him to be home in an hour.
-- If he wanted to get away, there was no reason for him to contact his wife or answer her text messages, unless he wanted to delay anyone starting to look for him, perhaps until he got farther.
-- The police said when his phone registered around North Bay, he had done some browsing. Those websites would tell what he was thinking.
-- Initially, no reports said that in his second contact with his wife he had said he couldn't talk, only that he would be home soon. How many times did he contact his wife and where did his cell phone register at each contact?
-- How many times did his wife contact him and how quickly did he respond? When was the first time that she could not reach him? This would indicate when he turned his phone off and felt he had gotten far enough away to not worry about alarming anyone.

I have read all the news articles and watched the police press conference on this. Here are a few points --
-- This is not an abduction. It is planned by Kim.
-- At work, he called in sick on the day he left.
-- At home, he had said he was closing a big deal at work and would be home late.
-- When he contacted his wife, he told her he had gotten the deal implying he was at work, when he hadn't gone to work at all.
-- His employer knew nothing of such a deal in the works.
-- When he told his wife he would be home in an hour, he was 335kms away around North Bay. It was impossible for him to be home in an hour.
-- If he wanted to get away, there was no reason for him to contact his wife or answer her text messages, unless he wanted to delay anyone starting to look for him, perhaps until he got farther.
-- The police said when his phone registered around North Bay, he had done some browsing. Those websites would tell what he was thinking.
-- Initially, no reports said that in his second contact with his wife he had said he couldn't talk, only that he would be home soon. How many times did he contact his wife and where did his cell phone register at each contact?
-- How many times did his wife contact him and how quickly did he respond? When was the first time that she could not reach him? This would indicate when he turned his phone off and felt he had gotten far enough away to not worry about alarming anyone.

How true. If he bought a park pass for one night, then he had a numbered campsite. It would be a simple task to check if he had been on the site. Rangers said that there was no evidence that he'd been there. So the campsite pass seems to be a red herring.

My take on this disappearance is that the man lied to his employer, and repeatedly lied to his wife. If I were her, I'd lock down the bank accounts.

If he just wanted to get away, why buy the pass? Unless he wanted everyone to keep looking around park area while he was somewhere else far away. He was trying to give wrong signals.

Another thought...he used to love going camping in Algonquin but had not gone in many years. Perhaps his wife didn't like to go camping and didn't let him go with his friends. He wanted to get away from a controlling spouse and make a point by buying the park pass.

Welcome to Ws lady-columbo and to pearl123!
:Welcome1:

Any updates to this?

We really dont know what other text messages were sent back and forth. Wonder if they were arguing or have any aggressive text msgs at each other prior to his disappearance. We only know what she has TOLD the police. I would like to see the other text messages. I have never seen so much news coverage on a missing korean guy before, it was like he was a missing CEO, his wife called the police right away and contacted the proper channels. It was like an amber alert. There were search parties done for 2 days straight. Posters being put up everywhere. Meeting and praying at their church, hundreds showed up. If this whole thing was just because they got in a big argument and the wife said leave the house or get a divorce. And thats what he did, left cuz he couldnt take it anymore. Mid life crisis. Getting drunk or high to forget his problems. He enjoys camping, he went camping a lot before the kids. What do you do when you go camping with friends? Get drunk and high. If this is the case, then his wife did a great job of shaming him. The first news interview she had with cp24, she is showing her wedding photo. Most recent cp24 interview shows her holding her arm up to show her wedding ring, she held it up for a long time. My friends have told me that they call in sick to work and go fishing, drinking, golfing, or go get high. They dont tell their wife, but they will make sure to come home and be back in family mode as husband and father. Heck, even my wife tells me to leave her or get a divorce when we get into heated arguments. But, I dont leave.

2nd theory. Big deal? Drug deal. Involved in grow op. BIG BUST early morning of OCT 4TH 2.5 million dollars worth of weed in Kawartha lake area. 11 arrested and 5 cars seized. 2000 plants.

Any updates to this?

I have never seen so much news coverage on a missing korean guy before, it was like he was a missing CEO, his wife called the police right away and contacted the proper channels. It was like an amber alert....

What do you do when you go camping with friends? Get drunk and high.

2nd theory. Big deal? Drug deal. Involved in grow op. BIG BUST early morning of OCT 4TH 2.5 million dollars worth of weed in Kawartha lake area. 11 arrested and 5 cars seized. 2000 plants.

Snipped quote...

You say some very ugly things here, only a couple of which I snipped for comment.

Sounds like you're suggesting that he's not worthy of an intense search because of his Korean heritage. He is Canadian and regardless of his nationality or heritage is just as deserving of a search as anyone else.

Not everyone gets drunk or high when camping.

I don't know what you are trying to say by pointing out that his wife was wearing her wedding ring.

Do you have any evidence to back up your assertion that he was involved in marijuana growing? No.

Its an assumption / theory. Im thinking mid life crisis or drug bust thats all. Most people camping with friends in their 20's either drink or get high and thats not an assumption (the news mentioned he use to go camping a lot before). Im hoping he just wanted a break and will come home back to his family. Any updates?

Its an assumption / theory. Im thinking mid life crisis or drug bust thats all. Most people camping with friends in their 20's either drink or get high and thats not an assumption (the news mentioned he use to go camping a lot before). Im hoping he just wanted a break and will come home back to his family. Any updates?
There was a case here concerning a Toronto chef who mysteriously went missing, leaving behind a loving but very worried family.
He was eventually found safe and several years after the " incident " talked about it in this article,fwiw.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/li...27540240/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
[h=1]Three years after his mysterious disappearance, former Langdon Hall chef breaks his silence[/h]
December 1, 2015 On the night of Dec. 28, 2012, Jonathan Gushue, one of Canada's most decorated chefs, disappeared. He finished a dinner service at Langdon Hall that included pickerel in crème fraîche with black radish and black-pepper honey, got into his car and never arrived home.

No one, including Gushue's wife, his sous chefs and his friends, knew what had happened to the 41-year-old father of three who, just two years earlier, had put Langdon Hall, in Cambridge, Ont., on the prestigious San Pellegrino World's Best Restaurants list. As the chef's disappearance made headlines from coast to coast, mysterious details began leaking out – his phone was found at an upscale Toronto hotel – but nothing more.

Thirteen days later, Gushue was found and reported safe. Several months later, he left Langdon Hall, then vanished from public life.
How were you eventually found?

I was in the hotel restaurant in Montreal drinking when I saw police officers in the lobby pointing at a television. They got on the elevator, and I saw them go up to my floor. So I followed them and they were in my room waiting for me. They said, 'Do you know you've been reported missing?' I said no. They looked at the hotel manager and said, 'There's nothing we can do. He looks all right.' And then they left.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back