Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

Its an assumption / theory. Im thinking mid life crisis or drug bust thats all. Most people camping with friends in their 20's either drink or get high and thats not an assumption.

Actually it is an assumption.

And Mr. Kim is 38 years old.

Here's an article I found from the Korea Times Daily.
6 Oct 2017 - Who is Yujin Kim's Companion?

The original article, in Korean:
https://www.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/105150

Translated article (Google Translate):
https://translate.google.com/transl...w.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/105150

A couple of quotes from the translated article:
"The camp site, which is supposed to be Kim's license, has to go through a canoe as one of the sites on North Tea Lake. However, there is no record of canoe rental on that day."

"At the time of registering the camp site, Kim was known to have used a pseudonym, but the family said the companion used the alias."

It is interesting, if accurate, that he would have had to canoe to get to the camp site, yet none were rented that day. As others here have suggested, the camp site could be a red herring, maybe to keep searches around that area, to buy time as he drove on far away from there. However, if he used a pseudonym, that confuses the issue...if he wanted searchers to think he was there, why use a different name?

The translation is a clumsy translation so it isn't clear to me what is meant by "the companion used the alias."

There's a lot going on here that we don't know about. This is the first I had heard of anyone using an alias or a pseudonym.

Something's fishy.

MOO

Actually it is an assumption.

And Mr. Kim is 38 years old.

He enjoyed camping in his past times. In my life, most of my camping was done when I was single, before marriage. Every time I went camping, there was alcohol. Out of 10 camping sites, I would say 9 out of 10 camping sites will have alcohol. I'm not sure why you are saying that this is not true. I'm not sure why you are trying to make this the main point right now. You know this person personally?

FACTS: Lied to work he was sick, this was his plan, hopefully done by his freewill. Didn't tell his wife he was sick / taking the day off. Only to lie again saying he's closing a big deal that day to his wife. Bought camping permit after texting his wife that he will come home late due to closing a big deal. And was with someone.

He needed more time for something.

Isn't there any video surveillance where he bought the camping permit?

Can't you track his location just from his phone? Works with iphone, I have at least 5 friends who lost their iphone and then went searching for it, and ended up confronting the person who stole the phone to give it back.

As I said before, maybe he needed a break, maybe he's with one of his good buddies and they are doing a portage, canoe trip. The weather is amazing right now, it is the perfect time to go camping this whole week and weekend. I really hope that this is the case, I wouldn't want to think that he was abducted since the morning right after he dropped off his children at school / suicide / homicide / a drug deal that went wrong.

Come back home man, you have two beautiful children.

Thank you for the warm welcome dotr. It is nice to be able to share ideas with like-minded people. Who knows...law enforcement may be reading this forum and get ideas from our conversation.

If Kim has decided to disappear intentionally and did not tell anyone, or if his wife knows the possible cause of him wanting to leave and is not telling anyone, as a tax payer I feel angry about the aggravation and resources/tax dollars wasted on this. The precious law enforcement and park ranger resources could be spent on true emergencies/crimes. I also feel bad for the innocent children.

Someone who has not planned their own disappearance, and is caught up in something sinister through no fault of theirs (e.g. abduction), deserves quick action and all the searches/resources required to find them before something untoward happens to them.

By the way, is that black Nissan Rogue his own car or was it what he was driving when he purchased the park permit? Who is the owner of that car?

Here's an article I found from the Korea Times Daily.
6 Oct 2017 - Who is Yujin Kim's Companion?

The original article, in Korean:
https://www.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/105150

Translated article (Google Translate):
https://translate.google.com/transl...w.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/105150

A couple of quotes from the translated article:
"The camp site, which is supposed to be Kim's license, has to go through a canoe as one of the sites on North Tea Lake. However, there is no record of canoe rental on that day."

"At the time of registering the camp site, Kim was known to have used a pseudonym, but the family said the companion used the alias."

It is interesting, if accurate, that he would have had to canoe to get to the camp site, yet none were rented that day. As others here have suggested, the camp site could be a red herring, maybe to keep searches around that area, to buy time as he drove on far away from there. However, if he used a pseudonym, that confuses the issue...if he wanted searchers to think he was there, why use a different name?

The translation is a clumsy translation so it isn't clear to me what is meant by "the companion used the alias."
BBM.

This worries me. Double-suicide, or murder-suicide, perhaps? Could he have driven the car into the lake with both he and the companion still inside ... :(?

There's a lot going on here that we don't know about. This is the first I had heard of anyone using an alias or a pseudonym.

Something's fishy.

MOO

I think the family are, understandably, desperate to know what happened, and have seized on any tip or possible lead as being factual, and are discussing their theories with the media in a way police would never do.

The only statement I could find from York police is this: Brown said police traced Eugene’s last cellphone usage to a cell tower in the North Bay Area and that he had purchased a day permit to a nearby Algonquin park for that same day. Park staff said there could have been a possible sighting Tuesday but police have no indication whether Eugene ever entered or left the park.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3785231/missing-38-year-old-markham-man/

So police say he bought a day pass. All the info about a camping pass, and a companion, come from the family, and I think needs to be treated as unconfirmed.

To be honest, the mostly likely scenario for me is he was suicidal and has hidden his car in bushes somewhere, but I hope that's not how it turns out.

So, his neighbor was last to see him, not his wife.

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/7602948-prayer-gathering-for-missing-markham-man-at-willowdale-church/

A community prayer gathering will be held today for missing Markham father Eugene Kim

A neighbour was the last known person to see the 38-year-old man as he left his house in the Bayview Avenue and Royal Orchard Boulevard area of Thornhill on Monday, Oct. 2 at about 10:30 a.m.

He was driving a 2010, black Nissan Rogue, with license plate BJJD 108.

The community prayer will be held on Sunday, Oct. 8, at 1 p.m. at Willowdale Emmanuel United Church, 349 Kenneth Ave. in North York. Friends and family will be joined by the church congregation as well as community members and leaders lending their support.

There has been an outpouring of support from the community. Friends and concerned members of the public have been offering assistance which prompted Kim’s friends to organize a page to help offset some of the search effort costs for his wife and family members.

If they confirmed it was his signature on the credit card purchase at the camping park, and they know he wasn't alone, why isn't that considered the last known sighting?

Bringing attention back to the upset and worried family of this missing man.
Oct 5 2017
Video

https://globalnews.ca/news/3785231/missing-38-year-old-markham-man/

Thank you for the link. Strange, in the video, when they interview his mother, there are torn sheets of paper hanging on the wall behind her. I wonder what was there, if it's relevant to the case?

Those images of the car don't seem to show if he was alone or with a companion. If he was at the Outfitters to buy his permit, which is north of Huntsville, then passed near North Bay, that makes sense if he was heading into a north entrance road into the park, via highway 17.

This time is considered prime fall colours viewing time. Maybe he just had the urge to see them. There could also be marital problems that haven't been discussed in the media that led him to just run off. But to continue to text his wife is odd, if he was hoping to disappear for a few days.

I think this video tells us everything we need to know.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1226205
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9961.JPG
    IMG_9961.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 351
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/family...ea-man-grows-increasingly-desperate-1.3624511
Published Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:08PM EDT
The search for a 38-year-old father of two from Markham, Ont. is yielding few answers as the family grows increasingly desperate.

The family of Eugene Kim spent the weekend handing out hundreds of missing person posters and plastering them all over Algonquin Park, where witnesses saw him purchase a camp pass a few days ago.

On Sunday, hundreds joined in prayer for Kim’s safe return. His family and friends have started a volunteer search group and even rented a helicopter to scour the Algonquin area, but the search thus far has turned up dry.
“He does not want to be away from us,” Christine Kim, Eugene’s wife, told CTV Toronto Sunday. “(My children) miss their father so much. Please just bring him home.”

Kim, who works in corporate wireless sales, told his wife Monday he would be home late because of an important business meeting, but the family has since discovered he called in sick to work that day.

“We've asked his coworkers and his office and no one knows what this business deal was about,” Scot Lim, Kim’s brother-in-law, told CTV Toronto.

“There was an eyewitness who could confirm after seeing the broadcast earlier this week that it was indeed Eugene Kim who came into the building and signed for the permit,” Lim said. “There was a second name he put on that permit but there's no eyewitness who can confirm there was actually a second person there.”

Posts have been removed.

One of the main tenets at Websleuths, and as clearly outlined in TOS, is that family and loved ones of a victim are victims themselves and we are not to sleuth them or cast aspersions on them. There is nothing worse than re-victimizing an individual who is already a victim.

http://www.theloop.ca/ctvnews/please-come-home-parents-of-missing-ont-father-make-emotional-plea/
‘Please come home’: Parents of missing Ont. father make emotional plea

A week after 38-year-old Eugene Kim mysteriously disappeared, his parents made an emotional plea for their son to return home. They also said their young grandchildren will finally be told that their father is missing.

“Eugene, if you can hear me or [are] watching this, please come home,” his mother, Myung Sook Kim, told CP24 on Monday afternoon. “You know how much we love you.”
Kim’s mother told CP24 that she is “puzzled” and that disappearing like this would be highly uncharacteristic of “such a family-loving guy.”

“He wouldn’t hide without any special reason,” she added. “He’s usually very good at telling… what he’s doing, how late he’s going to come home.”

Kim’s children, ages two and six, have so far been left in the dark about their father’s disappearance -- something that their mother, with the help of a child psychologist, planned to change Monday.

“Eugene’s wife is going to tell the kids today because the boys [have] been asking [a] lot of questions,” Myung Sook said.

Kim’s parents said that to the best of their knowledge, their son has never suffered from anything like depression. They also don’t think he would have vanished to simply get away from it all.

“If he did, why isn’t he coming back? Why doesn’t he contact us?” Myung Sook said. “That’s the question. He’d never do that.”
Eugene, you know how much we love you,” his father, Yeon Soo Kim, who rushed back to Canada from a business trip in South Korea after learning his son had disappeared, said. “You know how much your kids [are] looking forward to [having you] come back... All of our community are expecting you [to] come safely home and [return to your] family.
”

I really hope Eugene is okay. Maybe he has been overwhelmed with responsibilities and not talked to anyone about it, and ran in effort to cope. I hope he IS with someone else out there. I feel just terrible for his family. If they have access to his digital trail, I hope they are seriously digging and trying to make sense of what is going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back