GUILTY Canada - Gavin Adams, 17, St John NB, 14 Dec 2013

"Please note: Ground Search & Rescue has been activated and 2 teams are responding. At this time SJPF and GSAR are asking that members of the public refrain from searching on their own. At this time we are not able to use spontaneous volunteers.

We understand the urge to assist however at this time the best way to help is to support the family and keep and eye out for Gavin while traveling through the city or searching your properties and sheds.

Please refrain from entering the wooded areas to search.
Matt Pasqualetto
Search Manager - YSSR & RVGSAR"

At least they are getting ground search out right away. It is so very cold. We have lots of snow the first real storm of the season. Please let them find him.

Dear God not another. The old bus station is in the building marked Remax Professionals on your map. We had a terrific storm yesterday the roads were a nightmare and walking would be worse. Praying they find him. What is going on in this city?
So sorry to hear this.

Thanks for the input concerning the location of the old bus terminal.

wco7bl.jpg
http://goo.gl/maps/nxmcl

Interesting that it's just past, (or just before, depending on which way he is traveling) regarding Hilyard Street.

A little summary of what we know so far is that Gavin turned 17 on Friday, December 13; and was last seen at approximately 9:00 pm on Saturday, December 14--either on Chesley Dr., near the old bus terminal; or nearer Hilyard.

He was reported missing at 5:26 pm on Sunday, December 15.

Prayers that he comes home safe and well, soon.
4hf3w9.jpg

If he wasn't reported missing until the next afternoon, then folks must have assumed he went to someone's house for the night. I wonder where he planned to go.

SJ Police saying they have found a body in the Chesley Drive area. No ID yet. Details next of CBC News at 6. #nb
6:16pm - 16 Dec 13

According to Facebook he is or was a student at Saint John High just like Genevieve and Shelby.....Hope he is found safe but I'm concerned.

SAINT JOHN – A volunteer search team discovered a lifeless body in a snowbank as night fell Monday in connection with a missing person investigation, police say.

The Saint John Police Force and volunteers with River Valley Search and Rescue had been searching for 17-year-old Gavin Adams for about two hours when the body was found at about 4:30 p.m. in a parking lot near the corner of Hilyard Street and Chesley Drive, not far from where the youth was last seen.

Staff Sgt. Mike King said the cause of death had not been determined. He also could not comment on whether foul play may have played a role.

“We can’t comment on anything like that right now,” King said at the scene, located across the street from the HMCS Brunswicker. “It’s an active investigation. The major crime unit is looking into it.”

Police had not identified the body, but had informed the family that a discovery was made, he said.

At about 5:45 p.m. Monday, officers draped a white cloth over the body and carried it inside a coroner’s van. Several police vehicles were parked near the scene, which was cordoned off with yellow police tape and located near a train bridge that spans over Chesley Drive.

A police dog sniffed the area and officers dug around with shovels, looking for more clues.

Adams, whose parents are musicians David and Sonja Adams of the Saint John String Quartet, was last seen Saturday night. He was reported missing to police on Sunday at 5:30 p.m.

Earlier Monday, the youth was described as a “great kid” with a dry wit and big circle of friends, according to close family friend Geoff Britt.

“This is so unlike him,” Britt said as search teams scoured the area near Harbour Passage, close to two days after the 17-year-old’s disappearance. “This is not Gavin at all.”

Adams was at a high school swim meet at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre on Saturday before returning home then meeting up with a friend. They “were hanging out,” Britt said, before parting ways near the corner of Chesley Drive and Hilyard Street. But as of Monday afternoon, he hadn’t been seen since.

On Monday afternoon about 30 to 40 volunteers were gathering under the Harbour Bridge to conduct a search for the teen.

Members of the River Valley Ground Search and Rescue along with York Sunbury Search and Rescue were working with police.

“We’ll have to watch the temperature but people are fairly well-equipped,” organizer Brian Dunstan said.

The mercury hovered around -9 C Monday with a -16 C wind chill off the bay. Searchers were also dealing with deep snow after more than 20 centimetres fell in a big storm on Sunday.

Dunstan said volunteers would take their time and use walking sticks and poles to find clues in the snow. Some volunteers also had snowshoes.

Volunteers were moving snow in the parking lot across from the Brunswicker when the discovery was made, King said later Monday.

Sgt. Jay Henderson said police had already searched the area using infrared cameras and the canine unit Sunday night through to Monday. The Saint John Fire Department also lent its ladder truck for assistance.

“It’s out of character for him to be missing,” Henderson said earlier Monday, adding at that point, police did not suspect foul play.

Adams lived with his parents and younger sister in the Orange Street area of the south end.

Anyone with information can contact police at 506-648-3333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at crimenb.ca.

Confirmed by the Telegraph Journal and his family that it is Gavin.RIP :(

2wf5nyb.jpg
http://goo.gl/maps/ZhG8u

Marker “A” – Canada Games Aquatic Center, 50 Union Street, Saint John, NB. Gavin attend a high school swim meet then returned home around 6:00 pm, on Saturday, December 14, 2013.

Marker “B” – Orange Street. This is the approximate area of Gavin’s home. After returning from the swim meet, he then left to hang out with a friend.

Marker “C” – Brunswicker, 23 New Brunswick 100, Saint John, NB, (alternate address given is 160 Chesley Drive.) Gavin was last seen in this area around approximately 9:00 pm, Saturday, December 14, 2013.

Gavin was reported missing at 5:30 pm on Sunday, December 15, 2013.

He was found deceased in the Marker "C" area at 4:30 pm today, Monday, December 16, 2013.
------------

Such heartbreaking news!

im sorry, but this is all too close to Shelby and Yeonhee were found....i know it may not have anything to with those, but this town is starting to seem scary! please be careful all WS-ers in this area!

Gavin's family is in my thoughts

What are the chances of three students missing from the same high school in such a short time frame? It really is just too close for comfort. Hoping it would not have this sad end. Rest in Peace Gavin

What are the chances of three students missing from the same high school in such a short time frame? It really is just too close for comfort. Hoping it would not have this sad end. Rest in Peace Gavin

Agreed Sandpiper! Something just doesnt seem right! I dont want to be quick to link anything, but we will have to watch this and see where it might go. I sorry, but this is in the same area that Shelby went missing and not thta far from where Gen was last seen...and yes the H.S. does seem like a connection at this point...or atleast something for LE to look into...

The whole school must be in shock, Sandpiper. I hope they get the kids some counseling.

I'm not seeing many similarities with this case. At least Adam was left on the ground--Long Wharf was pretty close.

It's a sad, sad thing, though. My prayers go out to his family.

SAINT JOHN – A volunteer search team discovered a lifeless body in a snowbank as night fell Monday in connection with a missing person investigation, police say.

The Saint John Police Force and volunteers with River Valley Search and Rescue had been searching for 17-year-old Gavin Adams for about two hours when the body was found at about 4:30 p.m. in a parking lot near the corner of Hilyard Street and Chesley Drive, not far from where the youth was last seen.

Staff Sgt. Mike King said the cause of death had not been determined. He also could not comment on whether foul play may have played a role.

“We can’t comment on anything like that right now,” King said at the scene, located across the street from the HMCS Brunswicker. “It’s an active investigation. The major crime unit is looking into it.”

Police had not identified the body, but had informed the family that a discovery was made, he said.

At about 5:45 p.m. Monday, officers draped a white cloth over the body and carried it inside a coroner’s van. Several police vehicles were parked near the scene, which was cordoned off with yellow police tape and located near a train bridge that spans over Chesley Drive.

A police dog sniffed the area and officers dug around with shovels, looking for more clues.

Adams, whose parents are musicians David and Sonja Adams of the Saint John String Quartet, was last seen Saturday night. He was reported missing to police on Sunday at 5:30 p.m.

Earlier Monday, the youth was described as a “great kid” with a dry wit and big circle of friends, according to close family friend Geoff Britt.

“This is so unlike him,” Britt said as search teams scoured the area near Harbour Passage, close to two days after the 17-year-old’s disappearance. “This is not Gavin at all.”

Adams was at a high school swim meet at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre on Saturday before returning home then meeting up with a friend. They “were hanging out,” Britt said, before parting ways near the corner of Chesley Drive and Hilyard Street. But as of Monday afternoon, he hadn’t been seen since.

On Monday afternoon about 30 to 40 volunteers were gathering under the Harbour Bridge to conduct a search for the teen.

Members of the River Valley Ground Search and Rescue along with York Sunbury Search and Rescue were working with police.

“We’ll have to watch the temperature but people are fairly well-equipped,” organizer Brian Dunstan said.

The mercury hovered around -9 C Monday with a -16 C wind chill off the bay. Searchers were also dealing with deep snow after more than 20 centimetres fell in a big storm on Sunday.

Dunstan said volunteers would take their time and use walking sticks and poles to find clues in the snow. Some volunteers also had snowshoes.

Volunteers were moving snow in the parking lot across from the Brunswicker when the discovery was made, King said later Monday.

Sgt. Jay Henderson said police had already searched the area using infrared cameras and the canine unit Sunday night through to Monday. The Saint John Fire Department also lent its ladder truck for assistance.

“It’s out of character for him to be missing,” Henderson said earlier Monday, adding at that point, police did not suspect foul play.

Adams lived with his parents and younger sister in the Orange Street area of the south end.

Anyone with information can contact police at 506-648-3333 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or online at crimenb.ca.

2wf5nyb.jpg
http://goo.gl/maps/ZhG8u

Marker “A” – Canada Games Aquatic Center, 50 Union Street, Saint John, NB. Gavin attend a high school swim meet then returned home around 6:00 pm, on Saturday, December 14, 2013.

Marker “B” – Orange Street. This is the approximate area of Gavin’s home. After returning from the swim meet, he then left to hang out with a friend.

Marker “C” – Brunswicker, 23 New Brunswick 100, Saint John, NB, (alternate address given is 160 Chesley Drive.) Gavin was last seen in this area around approximately 9:00 pm, Saturday, December 14, 2013.

Gavin was reported missing at 5:30 pm on Sunday, December 15, 2013.

He was found deceased in the Marker "C" area at 4:30 pm today, Monday, December 16, 2013.
------------

Such heartbreaking news!

Had to pass where they found Gavin,Truth the police where digging on the other side of railroad overpass on the side of the old bus station parking lot. There is yellow tape up on the underside of the overpass and along side of parking lot. You have your maker up by the Holiday Inn on Chesley St. The site is across from Fort Latour and The Brunswicker. Boy they sure had to shift alot of snow. I think he may have been buried by a plow doing the road or the parking lot

Had to pass where they found Gavin,Truth the police where digging on the other side of railroad overpass on the side of the old bus station parking lot. There is yellow tape up on the underside of the overpass and along side of parking lot. You have your maker up by the Holiday Inn on Chesley St. The site is across from Fort Latour and The Brunswicker. Boy they sure had to shift alot of snow. I think he may have been buried by a plow doing the road or the parking lot

Sorry to quote myself I didn't mean to imply that a plow had hit Gavin and killed him. I meant after he was deceased. Snow started here on Sunday morning about 7:00am it lasted all day til about 5:00pm.

Thank you so much, Sandpiper. I was hoping you would take a look at that for me. :loveyou:

I am having trouble locating the parking lot. (I always found this area confusing. I can orientate myself a little from St. Luke's, though.)

So, the screenshot below is Hilyard at the train crossing? (I'm not sure if that's the train crossing. I don't remember it.)
vq5vf8.jpg

And I walked the little brown Google man underneath it. Would this be the parking lot?
2lay92c.jpg

I'll adjust my map if you think this is the right place.

Sorry to quote myself I didn't mean to imply that a plow had hit Gavin and killed him. I meant after he was deceased. Snow started here on Sunday morning about 7:00am it lasted all day til about 5:00pm.
Yep, I took it like that; and I agree. If I'm recalling correctly, they said they found him in a 'bank' of snow. :(

They didn't report Gavin missing until around 5:30 pm on Sunday, so I suppose that would give them some excuse for missing him.

Our storm started around 8:00 am and we had quite a bit on the ground by 5:30 pm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?
Back