Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
great pics- thanku very much
blueclouds- who were you supposed to assist tomorrow
who told u not to come in
If its a volunteer center for liane then I think thats a bad sign that its her.

If the husband was with the searchers when the body was found couldn't he have identified what she was wearing or her rings or something? I wonder why they didn't get dental records right away. I hate waiting to see who it was. I want them to find this lady alive darn it.

It sounds like the body was found not to awful far from her home if it is her.
I don't think any of us are going to be surprised when they make an arrest if that is her body. Wonder what the story will be behind this murder.

I came to check on the thread and find a post that a body has been found.
It's only been a few days but I was really getting feelings for this lady and her family. And the community.

We don't know for sure but its probably her. No matter who did it, another young mom's life cut short and another shattered family. :(

Michael White says he could be wrong about the time his missing wife left for work Tuesday morning.

Police have been trying to piece together a timeline of events leading up to Liana White's disappearance, but reports have been conflicting.

Michael originally said Liana left at 6:15 a.m. but police say others reported seeing her abandoned vehicle in a soccer field parking lot at 5:50 a.m.

Michael told the Sun he was sleeping when his wife, Liana, dropped by the bedroom on her way out the door to remind him of their three-year-old daughter's daily routine.

"I'm lying there and she's talking to me. She said, 'Call me when you drop Ashley (their three-year-old daughter) off,'" said Michael White. "It's the same conversation every day."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/07/18/1136673-sun.html

God bless the volunteers who participated... without them days or weeks more could have passed before locating this scene.

:(

Casshew said:
Michael White has a message for the world: he had nothing to do with his pregnant wife's disappearance

"If they're thinking it was the husband, forget the husband. Let's find my wife," White, 28, told the Sun yesterday. "I can't focus on that. I have to keep looking for her."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/07/18/1136674-sun.html
He's sounding more & more like Scott Peterson every day!

According to Global News at 6 am this morning, the body was found at around 5pm last night in an area being searched by Michael and volunteers, a different area not being searched by pollice volunteers.(I'll have to check to see how far out Range Road 252 is. I jotted down the east-west road, but that doesn't seem quite right to me so I'll have to double check that one for accuracy) When the body was found, they phoned 911.

Edited to add the other road is TWP Road 542. This area, I believe, is in Sturgeon County which adjoins Edmonton in the NW. Looks to be just west of 127th Street.

Jess said:
in an area being searched by Michael and volunteers, a different area not being searched by pollice volunteers.
Yikes :eek:

What a coincidence :waitasec:

This is sad news. It's so hard hearing things like this. I hope it's not her, but I don't want it to be anyone. :(

It's still too early to say whether the hubby is involved or not, but it should be interesting to see what kind of info LE releases to the public now.

Thanks Montana, for the friendly reminder about keeping doors locked. I used to be very diligent about it when I was home alone, but then started getting sloppy when we got a new puppy, because I'm always letting him out. We live in a bad area, and our screen doors have bars that lock with a key from the inside. That says enough by itself. But from now on, they stay locked!! :hand:

I also have a '99 Explorer with dark-tinted windows, and always keep the doors locked and dual-alarm set. It starts screamin' if someone so much as lifts the door handle.

I think it's even more important that you Canadian gals be more wary as well. After seeing Michael Moore's documentary, Bowling for Columbine, I learned how Canada is so much less violent than the States, giving people a false sense of security. No one is safe anymore. So PLEASE keep your doors locked, and be aware of your surroundings. Imagine if one of us ended up on a thread here.

:eek:

Casshew said:
Michael White has a message for the world: he had nothing to do with his pregnant wife's disappearance

"If they're thinking it was the husband, forget the husband. Let's find my wife," White, 28, told the Sun yesterday. "I can't focus on that. I have to keep looking for her."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/07/18/1136674-sun.html
Someone who refers to himself as a third person in a case like this gives me the creeps.

That other statement he made was weird too:

"If you see me" = If you saw me?
"If you see this" = If you saw what I did?

:confused:

A Channel News ( Edmonton)
The body was found about 7 k ( 4.2 miles) from her family home. How coincidental is it that Michael was with the volunteers in THAT area when the body was found ?

Casshew said:
Yikes :eek:

What a coincidence :waitasec:

Not to say that I'm assuming the husband is involved, but it does remind me
of when the bodies of Laura Hobbs and Krystal Tobias just happened to be found by their murderer, Jerry Hobbs.

Mabel said:
Not to say that I'm assuming the husband is involved, but it does remind me
of when the bodies of Laura Hobbs and Krystal Tobias just happened to be found by their murderer, Jerry Hobbs.
Yep. I was thinking the same thing, only I couldn't remember which case it was. You are a regular walking encyclopedia! Geez!

:)

Jess said:
According to Global News at 6 am this morning, the body was found at around 5pm last night in an area being searched by Michael and volunteers, a different area not being searched by pollice volunteers.(I'll have to check to see how far out Range Road 252 is. I jotted down the east-west road, but that doesn't seem quite right to me so I'll have to double check that one for accuracy) When the body was found, they phoned 911.

Edited to add the other road is TWP Road 542. This area, I believe, is in Sturgeon County which adjoins Edmonton in the NW. Looks to be just west of 127th Street.
This is so sad :( I had hoped that the outcome would be different!

I couldn't help but notice in Jess' post that this area is in Sturgeon County! I was hoping this case had nothing to do with jogging or Sturgeon!

This is so terrible :(
I have been following all of your posts on these two threads since yesterday and I appreciate all of you providing the updates. I don't see this story on any of the major news sites and only found one Canadian news site with coverage because I just don't know where to look. :(
Lianna is so beautiful and I feel so bad for her and her child and family.

Thanks again for the updates, everyone.

spygirl said:
Someone who refers to himself as a third person in a case like this gives me the creeps.

That other statement he made was weird too:

"If you see me" = If you saw me?
"If you see this" = If you saw what I did?

:confused:
I found these quotes odd:

"White says he forces himself to stay composed for the sake of Ashley, who is only beginning to understand something is wrong. But he fears the worst.

"My worst fear is that they took advantage of her and maybe still are," he said. "There's (only) so much a body can take and the mind as well." "These are the nightmares I have every night - if I do sleep."

I hate to keep comparing him to Scott Peterson, but didn't Scott say something like "it creeps into my mind late at night and early in the morning" or something like that??

In the grief-filled days since she went missing, White has heard strangers comparing him to Scott Peterson, convicted of killing his wife, Laci, and their unborn child, but says he's no Scott Peterson.

AussieAussie said:
This is so sad :( I had hoped that the outcome would be different!

I couldn't help but notice in Jess' post that this area is in Sturgeon County! I was hoping this case had nothing to do with jogging or Sturgeon!
It never clicked when I wrote that !!
Policing in Sturgeon County is done by the RCMP, but the Edmonton Police Department are investigating the discovery of the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda