Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez Louise

I woke up to the news this morning. Part of me is hoping it is her...part of me is hoping it isnt.

Was it the hubby? I dunno yet. Weird...with Scott I was sure it was him within 48hours. But...I am not discounting that he could have done it.

He might be the one telling him she originally weighed 190 and why there is only one photo of her. Or....maybe not. Geez I am confused. :doh: I will be leaving for Edmonton in about half an hour. Should be an interesting couple of days.

From the link Cass posted in post #25......

Michael White says:

"Honestly, I thought, 'Liana, why didn't you call me? I would have left work to get you,' " said White, believing his wife had encountered car troubles and had gone to find help.

Did I miss something? Wasn't Michael home and in bed at the time Liana disappeared, not at work?

Mabel said:

Michael White says:

Did I miss something? Wasn't Michael home and in bed at the time Liana disappeared, not at work?
Good catch !!
I've been reading so much and listening to the local news that I missed that.

PrayersForMaura said:
I found these quotes odd:

"White says he forces himself to stay composed for the sake of Ashley, who is only beginning to understand something is wrong. But he fears the worst.

"My worst fear is that they took advantage of her and maybe still are," he said. "There's (only) so much a body can take and the mind as well." "These are the nightmares I have every night - if I do sleep."

I hate to keep comparing him to Scott Peterson, but didn't Scott say something like "it creeps into my mind late at night and early in the morning" or something like that??
Yes, I am beginning to see many comparisons. SP was able to turn on the tears as well, (not saying Mike's weren't genuine). But something about this guy doesn't sit right with me.

I wish LE would just throw us a bone on this one (sorry for the euphemism).

Mabel said:

Michael White says:

Police contacted him at 8:30 AM. Perhaps by then he was already at work? :confused:

Last updated
Monday, 18 July
08:15:13 EDT
CBC News

Now they say "searchers" discovered a body. Police won't say it's Liana. Thay also refuse to confirm whether the body is male/female until an autopsy is performed.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/news/national/2005/07/18/Edm-

ETA: When I clicked on the link the site said they're having "server problems" at this time. Just type in "Liana White" to get the story. Or go to the home page @ www.cbc.ca

When I first typed in "Lianna" they said: Do you mean Liana? So I guess that's how they spell her name.

blueclouds, have you heard anything more from your source at the Edmonton Police Service?

Police are releasing few details and won't say whether searchers found 29-year-old Liana White, or even whether the body is a woman or a man.

White's husband Mike, who last week said he would do anything to find her, organized a search party over the weekend. It was someone from that team that found that body beside a road northeast of St. Albert about 5 p.m. Sunday.

White, who is four months pregnant and has a two-year-old daughter, was last seen about 6:15 a.m. Tuesday when she left for work as a clerk at Edmonton's Royal Alexandra Hospital.
http://edmonton.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ed-missing-white20050718

Edmonton police spokesman Lisa Lammi said the body's identity would not be released until the coroner has a chance to make an examination. She would not confirm whether foul play was suspected.

"A positive identification will not be made until the autopsy," said Lammi.

Lammi said no information was available on how long the body had been at the scene before it was found by Michael White's volunteers. She also could not say if the remains were that of a man or a woman.
The scene was less than a five-minute drive from the St. Albert city limits.

It is unusual for city police to assist RCMP in a scene that is outside Edmonton's corporate limits. Morinville RCMP, which has jurisdiction in the area, informed the Sun that Edmonton police were handling the investigation and that RCMP members could not comment on the find.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/07/18/1136672-sun.html

In fairness to the states..we are so much smaller..our population is about the same as the state of california and spread over a land mass that is huge..so we should be a lot less violent stats wise..but yes, canada is sorta like sweden-not a lot of violence or intolerance is allowed.

part of this is she is not a US citizen - CNN is the network who pushes missing peoples cases and unfortunatley thery dont show a lot of interest in missing persons other than americans.

Oh gosh, when I saw that Liana's hubby was going to start looking on his own, one of my first thoughts was "I wonder if it'll be him who finds her body"?, knowing that in some cases the perp participates in the search and then finds the body.

Now a body's been found, by a group in which the husband was participating, searching, separate from where the police volunteers were searching.

I do think at this point that it is probably her...would be too weird a coincidence that husband or his search group would just happen to find another body, although that could happen.

Also, what's with that quote "forget the husband", referring to himself in the third person. Instead of saying "I didn't do it", he seems to be removing himself from the situation and also saying "forget about that guy", he's not saying that he didn't do it, seems he's saying that he wants people not to focus on him...

I've been wavering back & forth about the possible involvement of Michael White, still not sure but some things have me continuing to wonder...

Jess said:
According to Global News at 6 am this morning, the body was found at around 5pm last night in an area being searched by Michael and volunteers, a different area not being searched by pollice volunteers.(I'll have to check to see how far out Range Road 252 is. I jotted down the east-west road, but that doesn't seem quite right to me so I'll have to double check that one for accuracy) When the body was found, they phoned 911.

Edited to add the other road is TWP Road 542. This area, I believe, is in Sturgeon County which adjoins Edmonton in the NW. Looks to be just west of 127th Street.

Sturgeon again? What a coincidence....

I remember in another case (maybe Danielle Van Dam?) that the family was told not to search, as anything they found could be considered suspicious. Kinda weird that someone close to the case found this body, assuming it is Liana.

CHED radio - news at 11:30

Autopsy will not be performed until Tuesday.

Jess said:
CHED radio - news at 11:30

Autopsy will not be performed until Tuesday.
ridiculous! They should get it done today.
What if it was their own family member? (the coroner) ...
I would bet they would want a speddier ID. :snooty:

PrayersForMaura said:
ridiculous! They should get it done today.
What if it was their own family member? (the coroner) ...
I would bet they would want a speddier ID. :snooty:

If it was a family member who found the body and the search has been called off, it's almost a certainty that the family knows it's her, IMO.

OH, I think everyone knows who it is. Project Kare has not been called in so the probability that it is another woman is very slim.

There are two offices of the Chief Medical Examiner/Alberta/ Canada, one of which is in Edmonton. The office in Edmonton is responsible for investigations in the Northern half of the province. Between the two offices ( the other being in Calgary ) there are 4 full time forensic pathologists.

( If anyone can tell why I cannot copy and paste on this website, I'd appreciate it.I can do it on all other sites !! Would Firefox be blocking something ?)

Just an aside. There was a police vehicle parked outside the White house all night. CFRN morning news. Hmm

Jess said:

Just an aside. There was a police vehicle parked outside the White house all night. CFRN morning news. Hmm

After first reading this, I was wondering what the president had to do with anything....duh :waitasec:

It sounds as if the police want to make sure that Michael White stays put.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname