CANADA Canada - Lois Hanna, 25, Kincardine, Ont, 4 July 1988

Bumping and hoping some tips will come in for this cold case.

Bumping this case, where are these missing women?

I do not know what bumping this case means but the missing women have never been found.

Russel Williams was in the kincardin area as a young man at the time in the summer as his step dad was a nuclear engineer and was on a project there. Russells name was same as his step dads name before he changed it to Williams.

Re Lisa Maase does anyone know where the photos of the rings on the doe network link earlier this thread would have come from?

Re Lisa Maase does anyone know where the photos of the rings on the doe network link earlier this thread would have come from?

From Rle7's link, did not notice pic of rings, but do notice the coincidence that Lois studied fashion and worked in a clothing store, just like Erin Gilmour, fwiw, imo.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/336dfon.html
LHanna1.jpg
Lois Marie Hanna
She was reported missing to the police department after she failed to report to work, at MacG's, a women's clothing store in Kincardine, later in the morning of July 4. Hanna is a former Miss Midwestern Ontario beauty queen and had studied fashion at Fanshawe College.

Have they ever done DNA testing on the blood drops? Or was that not kept after discovering the blood was from a man?
Surely if they still have it stored properly in evidence they could run it through the system....

Have they ever done DNA testing on the blood drops? Or was that not kept after discovering the blood was from a man?
Surely if they still have it stored properly in evidence they could run it through the system....

Welcome to Ws Memalema, good question!

Anthony Ringel appears to have grown up in Chesley, Ontario, born 1968. Not sure where he went to high school.

Chesley is
--approximately 1 hour from where Lois Hanna went missing in Kincardine, Ontario, July 3 1988 (25, brown curly hair, 5'4, 119lbs, never found)
--approximately 1 hour from where Lisa Maas went missing in Woodford, Ontario, July 17 1988 (22, dark blonde, shoulder length straight hair, 4'10, 96lbs, never found) *her parents lived south of Chatsworth, about 30min from Chesley
--20 minutes from where Christine Harron went missing in Hanover, Ontario, May 18 1993 (15, brown curly hair, 5'5, 110lbs, never found)
--approximately 1 hour from where Mistie Murray went missing in Goderich, Ontario, May 31 1995 (16, brown curly hair, 5'3-5'4, 115lbs, never found)

I used to think that there may have been a link between the 1990 murder of Lynda Shaw and some of these women.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/polic...r-but-can-t-reveal-killer-s-identity-1.527738

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This pic shows Lisa wearing rings..
https://www.google.ca/search?q="Cel...hVEQSYKHeDnC1EQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=Ep-nzsxQ2u2i7M:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 01067_Image_3_L.jpg
    01067_Image_3_L.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 27
I used to think that there may have been a link between the 1990 murder of Lynda Shaw and some of these women.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/polic...r-but-can-t-reveal-killer-s-identity-1.527738

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/04/17/c...-cut-short-kin-left-with-lifetime-of-what-ifs
April 17 2015
Police theorized that Shaw’s killer had lain in wait at the service centre and, once she’d gone inside for food, punctured her front tire, then followed her down the highway, ready to “help” as soon as she pulled over.
It took almost a week to find Shaw’s body; it would take another 15 years to identify her killer. In 2005, investigators matched the DNA taken from the hair sample of a Brantford man with the DNA in hair and semen found at the Shaw crime scene. They belonged to Alan Craig MacDonald, a convicted double murderer who had been granted parole after 12 years in prison and had been living in a halfway house in Brantford at the time of the Shaw murder.

By the time the DNA match was made, however, MacDonald was dead. He had died by suicide four years after he’d killed Shaw.
With the DNA match, the Lynda Shaw file might have been archived immediately if not for the fact that a blue parka, found near Shaw’s body, could not have fit MacDonald. The question of whether or not he’d had an accomplice lingered for some time.
Asked about the case this week, OPP Detective Staff Sgt. Ray Collins, who led the Shaw investigation, said the case is now closed.

Friday, February 2, 2018

The family of a missing Kincardine-area woman hopes a new website will help find answers to what happened the night she disappeared almost 30 years ago.

They also hope an upcoming event in Lucknow might provide new information.

“It would make quite a difference if we found Lois’s body, about what happened,” brother Dave Hanna said earlier this week.

Lois Hanna left Lucknow’s 130th anniversary homecoming dance at about 11:30 p.m. on July 3, 1988.

Dave Hanna said the last time he saw his sister was at the dance when she came to say goodbye, adding she didn’t want to be late for work the next day. And even now he remembers her in her youth, not the 50-something she should be today.

“I still see her walking away from me yet,” he said.

Lois was believed to be taken from her home, Dave said. Her car, purse, keys and clothes from the night before were there. The television and lights were on. A half-cup of tea was on the counter.

A coworker went to check on her after she failed to open the clothing store in Kincardine where she worked the morning of July 4.
Now the Hanna family has been approached by Owen Sound’s Nick Oldrieve and Matt Nopper, who are collecting cold case tips on their website pleasebringmehome.com in an effort to bring closure to the families of local missing persons. They started with the case of Lisa Maas of Annan and are now including Hanna, Neil McDougall of Durham and Jon Riley of Meaford.

Tips can be submitted anonymously online, or by mail. They will be combed over by the website’s members, who have a range of experience dealing with runaway troubled youth, journalism, research and private investigation.

http://www.lfpress.com/2018/02/02/l...in-kincardine-womans-mysterious-disappearance

Searchers looking for Lisa Maas presently, are also looking for Lois Hanna, posted link on that thread too.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?57754-Canada-Lisa-Maas-22-Woodford-Ont-17-July-1988&p=14102048#post14102048
https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/new-inf...ound-1.3923977
New info in cold case has volunteers digging in Owen Sound

Police investigated a property on 3rd Avenue East in Owen Sound on four different occasions between 2010 and 2011. Now, new tips have prompted Oldrieve and his team to begin digging at the same property.

The group, made up of volunteers and funded by donations, is also on the lookout for the body of another woman, Lois Hanna, who went missing from the Kincardine area just two weeks before Haas.

July 12 2019
Tip renews search for missing woman in 31-year cold case

Lois Hanna, who went missing in 1988, seen in this undated file photo.

"A pair of amateur detectives are renewing a search for a missing woman after a tip in a 31-year cold case.

The tip is from the year after Lois Hanna disappeared: a bra that was found in a gravel pit in 1989 by a man named Graham Hunter, who was 12 years old at the time.
"I forgot about it for years until the OPP put out a call for tips," Hunter says.
That’s when he realized the bra may be related to Hanna’s disappearance."

"Hanna’s peach nightgown is also missing and there are reports that a woman was wearing one near where the bra was found.

A woman’s scream was said to be heard that night in the same area as well."

Search For Woman Missing Since 1988 In Kincardine
Sept 27, 2019

Snipped...
...The theory is she was either followed home from the dance or someone was watching her home.

...over 200 people have volunteered to search for Hanna so far, "It's much more than I ever anticipated."

... the search is taking place because his organization received information a scream was heard that night in 1988. He says a concession north of where the scream was heard, someone reported seeing a female in a nightgown.

I realize this is an old thread.

All research I have done in regards to Russell Williams (I have personal ties to one of his murder victims) is that he enrolled in the Air Force in 1987 but wasn’t posted somewhere until 1991 (Manitoba).

Where was he exactly after joining the Air Force in 1987 and leaving for Manitoba?

Aside from the two above cases from those areas (great job on the Kincardin Connection) there are also two unsolved missing persons in Ottawa January 1988 and then a third on Feb 4 1988.

Where was his residence in 1987-1991 when he married his wife? You have to assume he met her in Ottawa after Toronto as she has worked there the whole time. The new residence they had at the time of arrest had souvenirs hidden in the baseboards etc. What if the property he lives on when he met his wife has stories untold? Where are all the bodies of these missing women?!!!

In 1978 (June) in Kingston ON (along the 401 3 hours east of Toronto and 1.5 west of Ottawa) Christine Ziomkiswics (27) went missing and had never been found and her apartment also suggested that someone could have been waiting for her. She worked as a Lab Tech at Queens University. Did Russels Step Father know her? Did they ever meet each other?

I presume the amount of backwork and investigating that happens after Russell Williams and Bruce McArthur are taken into custody. I presume it will take 10 years or more to follow a man who travelled the world and left victims everywhere.

I realize this is an old thread.

All research I have done in regards to Russell Williams (I have personal ties to one of his murder victims) is that he enrolled in the Air Force in 1987 but wasn’t posted somewhere until 1991 (Manitoba).

Where was he exactly after joining the Air Force in 1987 and leaving for Manitoba?

Aside from the two above cases from those areas (great job on the Kincardin Connection) there are also two unsolved missing persons in Ottawa January 1988 and then a third on Feb 4 1988.

Where was his residence in 1987-1991 when he married his wife? You have to assume he met her in Ottawa after Toronto as she has worked there the whole time. The new residence they had at the time of arrest had souvenirs hidden in the baseboards etc. What if the property he lives on when he met his wife has stories untold? Where are all the bodies of these missing women?!!!

In 1978 (June) in Kingston ON (along the 401 3 hours east of Toronto and 1.5 west of Ottawa) Christine Ziomkiswics (27) went missing and had never been found and her apartment also suggested that someone could have been waiting for her. She worked as a Lab Tech at Queens University. Did Russels Step Father know her? Did they ever meet each other?

I presume the amount of backwork and investigating that happens after Russell Williams and Bruce McArthur are taken into custody. I presume it will take 10 years or more to follow a man who travelled the world and left victims everywhere.
Welcome to Ws HjBrown!
Here are some links to Ws threads that may be of interest..
CANADA - Canada - Christine Ziomkiewicz, 28, Kingston, Ont, 23 June 1978

Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

WINGHAM, Ont. – As many as 200 people are expected to show up in a field near Lucknow, Ont. on Saturday to search for clues in the disappearance of Lois Hanna.
[...]
Saturday’s search will include cadaver dogs, and will cover as much as two square kilometres of bush near the community of Holyrood.

It’s where a woman’s bra was found a year after Hanna’s disappearance, and a woman was heard screaming the night Hanna was last seen alive.

Hundreds expected for search in 31-year-old cold case | Daily Stock Dish

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back