Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, Leonard Dyck, July 2019 , MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

B.C. teen killers hatched plan to hijack a boat and escape to Africa. It ended in suicide instead

Sept 27, 2019

McLeod had shot Schmegelsky before shooting himself.

In an interview Friday afternoon, Al Schmegelsky’s lawyer, Sarah Leamon, said her client sat down with two RCMP officers before the information was made public. He had the chance to ask questions of the two officers, and heard details about how his son was shot in the back of the head by Kam McLeod in the remote Manitoba wilderness.

“My client accepts all the information as factual. This is something he’s been anticipating for quite some time now,” she said.

Still, Leamon explained, Al Schmegelsky wants more information, including on how his son came to possess what RCMP described to him as an “assault rifle” that Bryer apparently built on his own, Leamon said. (The RCMP declined to elaborate on either the specifics of Bryer’s death or the specifics of the firearm).

I think the last location on this map is placed wrong. They committed suicide near Gillam, just up the river from the Hudson Bay. There's a small place near Gillam with the same name as a place closer to the border. It takes a while to find it.

From the above link:

image.png

At the Deese and Fowler crime scene, investigators uncovered some disturbing details. There were gunshot entry wounds on both the front and the backs of the bodies. And a number of bullets were found lodged in the bloody dirt beneath — an indication that the assault had continued as the couple lay helpless on the ground. The autopsies catalogued seven separate injuries for Deese and five for Fowler, although the particulars have been blacked out in the released warrant applications.

Len Dyck was found lying on his back, bloodied and burned, his torn clothes revealing multiple wounds. The fact that he had been shot wasn't readily apparent. There was no ID on the body, but his pockets were full of change. Investigators theorized that he had still been alive when he arrived at the gravel pit because of the mud on his shoes. 13 items were found near his body plastic flex ties — the kind that could be used to bind a person's hands together. Scattered french fries and a red cardboard McDonald's container were on the ground between his legs. The odd discovery is referred to repeatedly across the warrants, usually prefaced by a single, blacked-out word, suggesting there was something noteworthy about the state of the food.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/northern-bc-murders-ito-1.5401732

"Schmegelsky’s father Al has now filed a complaint with the RCMP’s Civilian Complaint and Review Commission, alleging that the force failed to keep him informed during the investigation and in its aftermath — claiming he learned of his son’s death on the news.

“I don’t want this to happen again…I don’t want any father to find out his son is missing from the media, I don’t want any father to find out his son is dead from the media,” says Schmegelsky in the complaint. "

B.C. manhunt teen’s father files RCMP complaint, says he learned of son’s death from media

Dad of fugitive killer from Port Alberni placed on peace bond

"Special prosecutor Dirk Ryneveld told the court that Schmegelsky sent 10 harassing emails and four threatening emails to Plecas between Dec. 12 and Dec. 27, 2019. Schmegelsky also sent two emails to B.C. Premier John Horgan requesting a restraining order against Plecas and asking for a federal inquiry."

Dad of fugitive killer from Port Alberni placed on peace bond

July 15 2020
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...c-murders-chynna-deese-lucas-fowler-1.5648176
''A year after Northern B.C. murders, victim's mother finds support in Canadian trucker who also lost child''

''For three years after his daughter's death, Ed Grennan couldn't look at her picture or visit her grave. More than two decades later, he thought he had healed.

But after the murders in northern B.C. of a young couple and a local university lecturer last summer that led to the largest manhunt in Canadian history and his attempts over the past year to assure the mother of one of the victims that there are Canadians who care and remember the tragedy, the Whitehorse truck driver has often found those old emotions resurfacing.

Grennan set up a makeshift memorial with flags and flowers in the weeks after the killing of Chynna Deese and her boyfriend, Lucas Fowler. In the months that followed, he and others planted solid posts in the ground and built a white-painted wooden lean-to on the lonely stretch of Alaska Highway where the couple — from the U.S. and Australia, respectively — died while on holiday in B.C. last July.

Flags, handwritten notes of love, crosses and wreaths sit alongside pictures of the smiling couple.

"It's a beautiful area. I feel all the badness has gone out of there. There's nothing but love and goodness there now and — I guess — sorrow," he said.

"I've seen truck drivers stop there and actually break down. Your heart just cracks wide open."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back