CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

I felt that the more this case is talked about, the better, as it puts pressure on suspects, gets people talking etc.
And also puts pressure on the police, I have seen many cases that wouldn't been solved without the years of hard work of a digging investigate reporter....

Of course we don't know what's happening in background now. Maybe there is progress. But my 'gut' feeling says something is just not right in this case from the beginning. Not that I think about a conspiracy or something but more about the way the investigation is done here. Little things that were leaked to public, putting an immense public pressure on a certain individual. And then the long time silence. (the same silence we have now) I think they wasted a lot of time in the beginning by going after the wrong person. The approach should have been from the beginning 'it has to be someone from the party who knew for sure Madison was left there alone, what do we miss?'. Over and over again. To me it's obvious what they missed and it looks from the whiteboard shots the Scott family was spot on. Maybe the RCMP had too much faith in their 'polygraphs'...? I think the RCMP have their suspects now but no hard evidence, and as long these suspect just won't talk they won't come any further. Do the suspects cooperate or are they already lawyer'd up? The public hears nothing and so can't help.....

Hope some locals can give an update?

Exactly. Of course they can't tell us everything. But there's not even been a press conference when Madison was found. So weird.... I think it's gonna be very hard after all this time to solve this case if the people they suspect just won't talk and there is no hard evidence. You need 'momentum' from somewhere else in that case. I think it's up to the Scott family, I understand they don't want a 'circus' but if the RCMP is not progressing you'll need to take another approach or else you can wait forever till maybe some indvidual(s) finally will talk.... They stayed silence for already 12 years so why would they talk now when there is no hard evidence.....? I'm afraid it's not gonna happen soon the way it goes now.

Also heard that these brothers but also the Birthday boy didn't want to talk to the Scott family, that's strange since that RCMP spokesman said everybody cooperated well..... If true than at least not to the Scott family.... It would have been a immediate RED FLAG to them and I can't imagine they didn't pass that to the RCMP.
A case in my home town took many years to reach a successful conviction because of one single piece of the puzzle. The cops knew 100% who the murderer was, but couldn't bring it to the PF because that "puzzle piece" would've definitely been used by the defence to introduce "reasonable doubt" in court. (I know about this situation because a friend was a cop). In the meantime the public were griping, jumping to conclusions, imagining they knew what was going on, etc etc etc.

None of us know what's going on behind the scenes. Let's just allow the cops to do what they're trained to do, and be patient.

And also puts pressure on the police, I have seen many cases that wouldn't been solved without the years of hard work of a digging investigate reporter....

Of course we don't know what's happening in background now. Maybe there is progress. But my 'gut' feeling says something is just not right in this case from the beginning. Not that I think about a conspiracy or something but more about the way the investigation is done here. Little things that were leaked to public, putting an immense public pressure on a certain individual. And then the long time silence. (the same silence we have now) I think they wasted a lot of time in the beginning by going after the wrong person. The approach should have been from the beginning 'it has to be someone from the party who knew for sure Madison was left there alone, what do we miss?'. Over and over again. To me it's obvious what they missed and it looks from the whiteboard shots the Scott family was spot on. Maybe the RCMP had too much faith in their 'polygraphs'...? I think the RCMP have their suspects now but no hard evidence, and as long these suspect just won't talk they won't come any further. Do the suspects cooperate or are they already lawyer'd up? The public hears nothing and so can't help.....

Nothing is going on anymore. I believe their investigation for the time being at the Black residence is done for now. I know nothing of what's going on with Cam or Cody, but I do know that their father Les, is being harassed on his facebook page. Now, having said this, there was a rumor at the beginning of summer that Les found her body while digging for topsoil and reported it to the RCMP. Interesting twist: Apparently Les is in the beginning stages of Dementia.....This is what some locals are saying. So, If Les doesn't "remember" anything, and the boys aren't saying anything, there's nothing the RCMP can do without hard concrete evidence.... This is just the neighbourhood speaking. :) Remember, this is all heresay, not fact.

I, personally, can't believe polygraphs are even used anywhere, let alone relied upon for information. I know they are rarely used in Europe and the UK, because of their unreliability.

I get LE wanting to ask if a suspect will take a polygraph to gauge the suspects reaction, but to rely on that polygraph result, failed or passed, is insane to me.

I, personally, can't believe polygraphs are even used anywhere, let alone relied upon for information. I know they are rarely used in Europe and the UK, because of their unreliability.

I get LE wanting to ask if a suspect will take a polygraph to gauge the suspects reaction, but to rely on that polygraph result, failed or passed, is insane to me.
I don't think they're anything to do with the results, just a pressure tactic.

Exactly. Of course they can't tell us everything. But there's not even been a press conference when Madison was found. So weird.... I think it's gonna be very hard after all this time to solve this case if the people they suspect just won't talk and there is no hard evidence. You need 'momentum' from somewhere else in that case. I think it's up to the Scott family, I understand they don't want a 'circus' but if the RCMP is not progressing you'll need to take another approach or else you can wait forever till maybe some indvidual(s) finally will talk.... They stayed silence for already 12 years so why would they talk now when there is no hard evidence.....? I'm afraid it's not gonna happen soon the way it goes now.

Also heard that these brothers but also the Birthday boy didn't want to talk to the Scott family, that's strange since that RCMP spokesman said everybody cooperated well..... If true than at least not to the Scott family.... It would have been a immediate RED FLAG to them and I can't imagine they didn't pass that to the RCMP.
RCMP need the owner's permission to search his land. If the owner refuses to agree the RCMP can't just blunder on there and start searching. If they have a legit reason they go and get a warrant to go search. (Not sure if "warrant" is the right word but someone will correct if it's wrong). Not wanting to talk to the Scott family isn't a legit reason to force a search.

RCMP need the owner's permission to search his land. If the owner refuses to agree the RCMP can't just blunder on there and start searching. If they have a legit reason they go and get a warrant to go search. (Not sure if "warrant" is the right word but someone will correct if it's wrong). Not wanting to talk to the Scott family isn't a legit reason to force a search.
True, but in this case it's a 'red flag' when people who stayed almost till the end of the party don't even want to help out the Scott family. Correct, not a legal reason to search their property, but for sure something to 'dig in' further. I just can't get rid of the feeling they probably made some critical mistakes during the investagion here. (it happens sometimes, despite all the resources they put on a case, good example is the 'Delphi' case, for long time people were amazed that case wasn't solved in two weeks, after 5 years it turned out they were right..... I have the same feeling with Madison's case. And also: sometimes it takes the 'ego' of just one person causing a case unsolved.....)

btw for many years the 'birthday boy' was my main 'suspect' because of what happened that saturday morning when he came back to clean the site. Now I know he didn't even want to help out the Scott family (if true...) he is still on my list second close after these brothers.

Last edited:
Still nothing of note on Maddy's case eh.. I live in BC. My partner always says the RCMP in BC couldn't catch a cold let alone a suspect. There was a murder by our place a couple years ago, not a peep (Whiskey Creek). Lots of rumors..

And all other law enforcement officers all around the World can just rummage through every property they wish on a whim, while not having to do much investigating job at all, cause everyone cooperates, evidence are just waiting for them and making cases clear and easy to solve?

FB's murder happened in same area. So I guess technical legal restrictions limiting their creativity were somewhat similar. With suspects in his case they somehow could go so far with creative ideas to extract information that's crazy (at least for me) but here oh no, absolutely not, they just couldn't do much about anything cause it wouldn't be admissible in court anyway.

5 months… how long is it going to take the rcmp?
I'm afraid forever..... The lack of transparacy in this case is really unheard. "Madison has been found" period.
Who checks the RCMP....?

Pretty quiet here in Vanderhoof. No words. No whispers. No rumours. Too quiet. There's been no funeral or memorial for Maddy. No more statements from her parents. It's like it never happened. I'm going to assume that her body is still in forensics on Vancouver Island where the Special Crimes Unit is stationed and when they are done, they will send her home. It will take as long as it takes.

Crickets!
I’d actually forgotten that the body had been found on the land of a person who had already been discussed in regards to suspicious people in the case because it’s been so long since we’ve had word….

You wouldn’t think it would take this long to put together a charge if any solid evidence was found along with the body.

It's quiet here in Vanderhoof. Nothing spoken about Madison. People are going about their lives as usual. I have not seen the Black brothers in town or Les, so I have no idea. Nothing in the rumor mill either. Yes, CRICKETS! lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back