GUILTY Canada - Makayla Chang, 16, Nanaimo, BC, 19 March 2017

There are no shortage of wilderness areas on Vancouver Island! You don't have to go very far to be "remote". The "Lakes" area of Nanaimo was mentioned by some people on FB regarding searches over the past couple of days. Now RCMP are searching there. Is there any connection to that specific area by either Makayla or SB? Where is Makayla's grandmother's house? I know she lives in a trailer park, but where specifically is it? Is it near the dam?

If any locals could provide some context about the area that would be helpful. Can people camp at Colliery Dam Park, or is it just for day visits?

Just a tiny bit south of the dam/lakes, I noticed on the map that there is a spot called "The Abyss". It has a symbol of hikers. What is this area?

Another question for locals....are there CCTV cameras filming the ferries in and out of Nanaimo? If they were going to Vancouver, they would have to take a ferry. They could have driven further down the island and taken it from another spot, but I presume that RCMP would be all over that.

Speaking of driving, does SB have a vehicle? I noticed that Makayla's aunt said on FB that her car was stolen a few days ago. I also see another post of hers that her RV trailer was stolen as well. I can't imagine that these were separate incidents. The trailer is quite large and obvious, so I'm not sure it would be easy to "hide" it to stay off the grid, but perhaps Makayla had access to her aunt's keys?

So sad that so much time has already passed since she's been missing. It's been eerily quiet. Too quiet...

Go home Mikayla.

Another question for locals....are there CCTV cameras filming the ferries in and out of Nanaimo? If they were going to Vancouver, they would have to take a ferry. They could have driven further down the island and taken it from another spot, but I presume that RCMP would be all over that.

Local to Vancouver, so can't answer all you questions, but I often ride the ferries.

Yes, there are CCTV at all terminals. I imagine that RCMP have checked videos in both Nanaimo and other parts of the island by now, for that time period. IMO if they walked on any ferry RCMP would have video.

Car is a little trickier. If they were in a car (thats licence plate is not registered to him) they could have made it through. I'm not sure at the Nanaimo terminal if they have CCTV right at the ticket booth, and after that if they didn't get out of the car while in line or on the boat, they wouldn't have been spotted.

Early media reports said they believe they may have travelled to Vancouver, but now it seems to be more focused to the island. IMO this means they didn't find any video of them leaving Vancouver Island.

Local to Vancouver, so can't answer all you questions, but I often ride the ferries.

Yes, there are CCTV at all terminals. I imagine that RCMP have checked videos in both Nanaimo and other parts of the island by now, for that time period. IMO if they walked on any ferry RCMP would have video.

Car is a little trickier. If they were in a car (thats licence plate is not registered to him) they could have made it through. I'm not sure at the Nanaimo terminal if they have CCTV right at the ticket booth, and after that if they didn't get out of the car while in line or on the boat, they wouldn't have been spotted.

Early media reports said they believe they may have travelled to Vancouver, but now it seems to be more focused to the island. IMO this means they didn't find any video of them leaving Vancouver Island.

Thank you. Much appreciated Westcoast.

I live in Nanaimo and have my whole life. Colliery Dam is a beautiful park - very popular with hikers and dog walkers as well as a swimming area. There is no overnight camping. The abyss is [FONT=&amp]an earthquake fissure about 16 inches wide. Here is the info on it with a photo of a part of it - [/FONT]www.nanaimoinformation.com/extension-ridge.

OK, that is weird! I hope I don't fall into "The Abyss"!

the-abyss-hiker.jpg

The abyss.... Freaky! How deep is it? My thoughts are not pretty....... :(

A bit more on the search that took place yesterday at Colliery Dam area...

Members conducted grid searches on the ground. That means members are close together, roughly a meter or two apart, as they carefully search areas of interest.

RCMP and Search and Rescue won’t say what they’re looking for. But Mounties confirm it’s linked to the Makayla Chang investigation.

“We want to keep details close to our chest,” says Cst. Gary O’Brien.

http://www.cheknews.ca/nanaimo-search-rescue-searching-clues-park-missing-girl-297323/

They have to be looking for something specific. It doesn't strike me as the kind of search you would conduct if you were looking for people hiding out there.

They were apparently there all day, arriving first thing in the morning and not leaving until just before 5:00 pm. According to the article, the search focused on the lower part of the park and wooded areas just outside of it. It included a search around Chase River.

He is a named POI. Let's find out all we can about him. We need to know where he'd take her. We need to know his criminal record.

Unfortunately other people posting all about him are not POI's so we can't link to their info.

Could there possibly be a connection between this case and ET case? Could these men have hooked up online? Does this guy have any SM profiles?
It just seems so odd to have two of these same cases.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

There are a lot of these cases. Sadly. So many perverts.

Thank you so much for that! I've done a bit of digging. What I'm finding is this is a highly manipulative person who makes up stories so people will feel bad for him but he's dangerous.

Also, I read that the age of consent is not 16 in these types of situations- older man exploiting or harboring a young teen. Then the age of consent is 18.

Rumor from FB is that she was starting to become afraid of this man. Apparently she doesn't have a father figure and wanted one? But now she is in trouble.

My feeling on this case is she may she may not be alive and the creep is hiding out because he harmed her.

Sorry to quote myself. I have a different feeling about this case than Elizabeth's. While I think ET is in grave danger, to me, the chances of her surviving or st least surviving longer, are greater than Kayla's.

I suspect Bacon assaulted her, she fought, he killed her, hid the body and ran.

Unfortunately other people posting all about him are not POI's so we can't link to their info.

There are a lot of these cases. Sadly. So many perverts.

Sorry to quote myself. I have a different feeling about this case than Elizabeth's. While I think ET is in grave danger, to me, the chances of her surviving or st least surviving longer, are greater than Kayla's.

I suspect Bacon assaulted her, she fought, he killed her, hid the body and ran.

I agree that Kayla is at greater risk...but of course they both are. I'm not willing to let my hopes fade yet that Kayla is ok though. I will presume the best outcome, but it is concerning that LE has had full forensics at Bacon's house for 2 days and then followed up with a grid search at a park. I think LE is very worried. I hope their worries are misplaced. I do want to thank LE for taking this case so seriously though! It would be so easy for them to write it off as a "simple" runaway case.

Where are you Steve Bacon!!??? Where is Kayla??!!

http://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1092722&binId=1.1180928&playlistPageNum=1#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=ceqwTDL&_giguuid=eced25a79a0040f996aee6fff9fb15d9

According to this recent new item, Kayla "frequented" the area where they were searching yesterday. So that explains something.

The video also identifies where Kayla lived with her grandmother. There are also interviews with a couple of friends/acquaintances. They say that MC is a social butterfly and that it is unlike her to be off social media for a couple of weeks. They are clearly concerned.

This article doesn't really give me any confidence, in spite of what Steven Bacon's friend says....

Larsen thinks they’re likely hiding in the ample wilderness surrounding Nanaimo from those looking for them.

“Yeah well he’s really good at hiding and so is she. He was raised in the bush. So he’s very adept at keeping on the down low,” says Larsen.

http://www.cheknews.ca/friend-says-steven-bacons-intentions-with-makayla-chang-are-good-297902/

...and he's hiding because???

^ this post scares the hell out of me. Not only because of what the poster says, but because there are so many comments along the lines of "I just saw him at such and such a place", and NO sightings of her.

Also, if he reported her missing and then went missing himself later on? That is deeply troubling. My current opinion on the outcome of this case is bleak.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hope you're o.k. Kayla.

17458199_1867320350197290_5433408635296779326_n.jpg

I thought it would be helpful to see another picture of Kayla with a blonde wig on. (She's know to wear wigs and also known to dress up as a boy. That will likely make it more difficult to find here.)

^ this post scares the hell out of me. Not only because of what the poster says, but because there are so many comments along the lines of "I just saw him at such and such a place", and NO sightings of her.

Also, if he reported her missing and then went missing himself later on? That is deeply troubling. My current opinion on the outcome of this case is bleak.
Apparently the age of consent in her town is 16. So, she did not have to run away or hide and the argument that he might be hiding her for her protection is lame. And I agree, if he has been seen around alone and she is no where to be found, we can't help but draw tragic conclusions.

I have seen her Finn facebook page as well as her Kayla page. She is a cutie and she seems fun in that she likes to dress up and change her look. My opinion is that she is not walking around in disguise.

Still nothing, huh? :(

I don't know where else to ask this, and it's driving me nuts! There was another thread here a few days ago where a young girl (maybe 15 or so) ran off with a man in his 40's. (45, I think)..I also believe they were Hispanic but I can't find the thread now.

Am I crazy or is that thread gone?
ETA--I think it was more that the older man 'helped' her run away as opposed to the Cummins case where they ran off together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back