GUILTY Canada - Man, 26, beaten, tortured, starved, Regina, Sask, 16 April 2010

Does this perp have some kind of connections somewhere? Surely the fact that he has been clearly named is enough to at least pick him up and hold him for investigation? This is very very odd. So, are they just going to let him get away and go hide before they bother to try and pick him up? Something is very wrong here.

What troubles me the most is that he is still walking the streets. Sickness like that does not take a break just because cops may be looking for you. That means that at this moment, as I type, that sadist is out there seeking and maybe finding his next victim. I shudder to think.

Regina police confirm raid on Regina buildingSarah Richter, Global News: Thursday, May 20, 2010

Regina police confirmed Thursday they performed a raid earlier this week at a home that is alleged to be connected to the Dustin LaFortune case.

“I can confirm that we have executed one search warrant in the 2100 block of Halifax,” Inspector Marlo Pritchard said.

Originally police would not confirm or deny whether a raid took place or not. Thursday’s admittance is helpful in keeping the public up to date on the case.

Neighbours identified a suite in the apartment building as the unit where police seemed to have interest in. Rumours are swirling around the building that LaFortune, 26, was held in the suite before he was dropped off at the Regina General Hospital in mid-April with serious injuries

http://www.globalregina.com/Regina+police+confirm+raid+Regina+building/3053027/story.html

Regina police tight-lipped over Dustin LaFortune case
By HEATHER POLISCHUK and DOYLE FOX, Leader-Post May 20, 2010

REGINA — The Regina Police Service on Thursday conceded officers searched a Regina apartment for clues in the Dustin LaFortune case, but the warrant remains sealed for fear release of its details could compromise the investigation.

When asked if there was any additional information available on the case that has gripped people across the country, Insp. Marlo Pritchard said little, other than that police had executed a search warrant in the 2100 block of Halifax Street.

Dann McKenzie, a resident of 2158 Halifax St., previously told media his upstairs neighbour was the man named by LaFortune's family and friends as a suspect and that police had searched that suite Tuesday.

The Leader-Post requested Thursday to see the search warrant and the information on which police relied to request the warrant, but was told those items were sealed Tuesday by a justice of the peace.

Asked why, a court clerk cited a perceived risk that public access would compromise the investigation. She added sealing such documents is a common practice.

Pritchard also said the Regina Police Service is working with the Calgary Police Service, including the missing persons unit that had been dealing with the case before LaFortune turned up at the Regina General Hospital in mid-April with severe injuries.

He wouldn't reveal additional information on what police are doing, saying "we'll let the investigation take us where it will take us and identify the person or persons responsible for whatever that is."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/th...Fortune+case/3053748/story.html#ixzz0oZV7OOzf

I wish we would see an update on how Dustin L. is doing ... this is such a terrible case :(

I wish we would see an update on how Dustin L. is doing ... this is such a terrible case :(

His Faceebook page has a lot more info and updates from the family. He is very gradually improving: Has gained a few pounds, facial scars healing, he has limited speech but is still in extremely rough shape. I just cannot imagine how he could have walked out of the apartment, down the stairs, and then into the hospital in that condition.

Everything about this is SO baffling.

When I seen Dustin lafortune, and read about what happened to him. I thought the exact thing most do, he was tortured. But the charges of torture are unlikely in this case, I hope Dustin and his family recieve the justice they deserve. I have read the facebook discussions from the family, his brother said they were not a couple but he could see his brother trying to leave if he thought that Paxton was interested in him that way.
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Charges+torture+unlikely+Dustin+LaFortune+case/3058677/story.html

Someone on FB posted that they can't charge him with torture because in Canada it's defined as having to be done by an "official," not a civilian. Still, "aggravated assault" is woefully inadequate to describe this brutality! At the very least it's attempted murder but there should also be a stronger term for the agony he was forced to suffer.

And still no new news, no name or photo released by LE, nothing!!

Just hoping to read there had been an arrest. Scary that this guy is still out there.

I saw the pictures of dustin that the family posted from the weekend. His opened wounds are healing at it looks like his color's coming back. I was so happy to see this.

I keep popping in to see updates, but other than the pictures, I haven't seen much discussion from mom Renee and brother Ryan. Anybody read/know of further updates today???

For some reason I've become nearly obsessed with this case, so I check for updates a few times a day. Nothing more today. There are pics of both the former Calgary house and moving vehicles, and the Regina apartment building, on there.

Somewhere I saw a link to an audio recording of what the neighbor was hearing (from his phone's video camera). But honestly, I can't bring myself to listen to it and those who have, typically say they wish they hadn't. :(

Dustin is looking alot better :) These photo's shows May 24, 2010

3069694.bin

3069698.bin

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...recovering+Regina+hospital/3069681/story.html

Dustin LaFortune's family, friends to stage Regina demonstration
May 26, 2010

REGINA — With a week having passed since police raided a Regina apartment during the Dustin LaFortune investigation and with no arrests made, the family of the injured man is planning a demonstration to keep the public's eye on the case.

On June 12, family members and other supporters plan to walk from Regina Police Service headquarters to the General Hospital — where LaFortune has been since his emaciated and injured body was dumped there on April 16 — to show support for the 26-year-old during his recovery and a united front against violent crime.

"We will be united against this outrage in a peacful, respectful manner," reads the invitation on a website dedicated to providing updates on the LaFortune matter. "Show your support, citizens of Canada need to unite to take back our communities from brutal crimes and Police and Government inaction!"

New photos of LaFortune that showed up online over the weekend show signs of progress during his stay in hospital. The photos, one of which is dated Sunday, show a smiling LaFortune in his hospital bed, wearing a San Francisco Giant cap and surrounded by family and friends.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...emonstration/3073317/story.html#ixzz0pAY5fp6E

Regina apartment block source of fascination after police search connected to Dustin LaFortune case
By TIM SWITZER, Leader-Post May 27, 2010

REGINA — Dann McKenzie is not sure he will ever get used to the "slow crawl."

McKenzie lives in an apartment at 2158 Halifax St., directly below a unit where the Regina Police Service conducted a search on May 18 in connection to the investigation into the alleged torture of Dustin LaFortune.

In the week that followed, the apartment building has become a source of fascination for some, with people slowing down to look while driving or walking by.

"I call it the slow crawl," said McKenzie. "It has been non-stop at the front and the back of the building. Everyone drives by hanging out their window and everyone is walking by and pointing and talking. It's really captured everyone's — I hesitate to use the word 'imagination,' but in a sense it has."

That includes the residents of the building. On May 18 when the raid took place, McKenzie said very few of the renters knew why police were there, but it didn't take long for word to spread.

"There's a process I saw everyone go through in that building," said McKenzie. "Initially, it's the wide-eyed and having-trouble-standing (state) because it's shock and you can't believe that you're involved in this. Then you start remembering all these things that make sense now. Every time something new clicks, you're like 'Oh my God.' I think that's what a lot of people in that building were going through."

Police raided the apartment that was alleged to have been occupied by LaFortune and the man who LaFortune's family believes is responsible for the 26-year-old's injuries.

LaFortune, a Winnipeg native had been last seen in Calgary before he was left at the General Hospital on April 16, reportedly weighing only 90 pounds and with injuries all over his body. Recent photos of LaFortune in his hospital room show that many of the injuries to his face have healed and he has gained weight

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/opinion/R...Fortune+case/3075679/story.html#ixzz0pAYtmLqX

Assault victim LaFortune's health improving
Last Updated: Saturday, May 29, 2010.

New material posted to the internet shows Dustin LaFortune, the Winnipeg man at the centre of a mysterious assault, is making progress in his recovery at a Regina hospital.

LaFortune, 26, has been in care since mid-April. He is the apparent victim of an assault that family members say left horrific injuries and may have taken place over the course of several weeks or more.

Police in Regina have only confirmed that they are investigating a case of assault.

Other information about what may have happened to LaFortune, and speculation about who may be responsible, has been gleaned from family members in interviews with the media and postings on the internet, including a dedicated Facebook page.

In the latest online material, there are images of LaFortune wearing a San Francisco Giants baseball cap and sitting in a chair.

The family has also posted video of LaFortune to YouTube

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchew...-mb-lafortune-speaks-10529.html#ixzz0pVxpfx8S

Patsy_Hedy Welcome to WS and thankyou for your input. It is interesting that the family hadn't seen him in awhile as it sounded as if they had just seen him a month prior.

Regardless if he had lost alot of weight before this, somebody did beat and torture him, cut his lip off and part of his tounge he did not do this himself.

No one heard from him in a month and we know that the roomate was controling as Dustin according to the ex girlfriend was only allowed 1 meal a day..... 1 month without alot of food would cause this kind of weight loss.

They need to get this man arrested, if he didnt do this why can no one find him he needs to turn himself in. What happened to Dustin is something nobody should be put through.....

The truth about torture
By Kris Kotarski, Calgary Herald May 31, 2010 6:14 AM

The photos of Dustin LaFortune are devastatingly brutal.

The 26-year-old, who used to live in Calgary, gained notoriety when he was dumped off at a Regina hospital on April 16 with gruesome injuries to his face and body.

He was beaten, burned, starved and mutilated. His tongue and bottom lip were cut, his face smashed and his ribs were broken. According to reports, LaFortune told police in Regina that he was assaulted by his former roommate, an acquaintance he worked for and shared a home with in Calgary's Highland Park neighbourhood

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/truth+about+torture/3091641/story.html#ixzz0pW1Lymqy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back