GUILTY Canada - Marc, 42, Debra, 48, & Jacob Richardson, 8, slain, Medicine Hat, 23 Apr 2006

I know a 12 years olds can be psychopaths, but at the hands of a grown man (pedophile), I'm not so sure. It's so tragic that the parents didn't demand that she be put into Girlstown or even into the foster care system. They would all be alive now most likely and maybe the girl could have gotten some type help with the problems that obviously has had most of her life. Kids like that, who will go that far don't need to be with families, they need to be where they can be watched 24/7 and where at least intense therapy can be given a try.

Yes, but what parent is "going" to assume that their 12 year old daughter is going to kill them. Sure her profile is disturbing, but that does not indicate that she is going to kill them or anyone else.

Many parents ignore problems with their kids when there are huge red flags, because they feel that the kids problems reflect badly on them. They will defend their child to the end of the earth.

Both of them are troubled, but how many people who have lived next door and a crime has been committed, say: I had no idea, he/she was so quiet, they were a perfect family, I had no idea.............

Even if a child of 12 says: I am going to kill you, do you look at it as an angry outburst or a real threat.

Why are kids growing up so fast?

My oldest is 11, and she's not even interested in make up yet. I can't imagine her a year from now taking those sorts of pictures of herself and posting stuff like this: Within the profile, Jasmine describes herself as bisexual, Wiccan, nocturnal, awkward, loud, a deep thinker and insane. In addition, some of her interests are listed as unnatural hair colors, dark poetry, criminal psychology, blood, human anatomy and "kinky s—t."

I don't get it. Is this common among the 12 year olds of the world and I'm just backwards?

This girl did look a lot older than 12 (and she was very pretty). If the 23 yr. old wasn't a pedophile and realized that she was only twelve he would have left her alone.
I feel so bad for the parents and the little boy. No matter how diligent you are and no matter how well you raise your children there are some things I think are just genetically there. I have two and I raised them both the same yet they are totally different in their behaviors. Issues I never had with one I'm having to deal with with the other. This girl can't blame everything on this boyfriend. They are both guilty and I hope they both receive the same sentence. How in the world could you kill your parents, worse yet your little brother, and go eat and "make out"? She's evil and so is the boyfriend.

This is very disturbing to say the least.

It's bad enough that they killed her parents, but why did they have to kill her little brother? He couldn't stop them from being together.

I can't believe a 12 year old would want to be with a 23 year old or vice versa. This is just sick.

Why are kids growing up so fast?

My oldest is 11, and she's not even interested in make up yet. I can't imagine her a year from now taking those sorts of pictures of herself and posting stuff like this: Within the profile, Jasmine describes herself as bisexual, Wiccan, nocturnal, awkward, loud, a deep thinker and insane. In addition, some of her interests are listed as unnatural hair colors, dark poetry, criminal psychology, blood, human anatomy and "kinky s—t."

I don't get it. Is this common among the 12 year olds of the world and I'm just backwards?

My daughter is sixteen and she's mentioned a lot of the girls are putting on their myspace that they're bi-sexual. She said most aren't and do it to get attention. Probably the same with the wiccan. They think it sets them apart, makes them more interesting I guess. Certainly not the kind of attention you would want in my opinion but then I'm not twelve.

If I remember correctly the little boy of 8, said "don't kill me" I am too young to die.

This girl is a young offender she will get max, 10 years in kiddie jail. Her record will never be released and then she will be let out in society. Scary.....

Her parents told her not to see him, she snuck around. Without her parents, she was free to see him as she wished. She is as much to blame for the murder of her parents as he is.

Hell NO!
I am sorry but a 12 YO is a child and I question the previous history.

There is simply no way my 12 yo would even consider such a thing.
There is something serious going on long before this when a 12 YO would.
A 12 YO cannot "sneak" around if parents are truly parenting.

So the bf is a murdering child molester. He should be charged with a sex crime if in fact other reports about them having a sexual relationship is true.

I would say major drugs and alcohol will end up playing a role in this one. She wasn't an 'innocent' child at 12yo and he seems to be a very immature 23yo. instead of a pedophile, IMO. She shows a high level of intelligence and rebellion. Together, they look like they could be following "Natural Born Killers" or "Bonnie and Clyde" types leading this fantasy existence which is removed from reality in many respects. She is wrong on one count on her web page tho...she is not insane. She is cold, calculating, and now criminal. They both should rot.

Wow, after reading this link I see that the boyfriend was telling what he was planning to do to the parents before it all happened. His interests that are listed are much the same as the girl's. I wonder how much this influenced the girl and if she was into all this gore and blood stuff very long before meeting him. Maybe he's one of the types that troll the internet looking for young girls and he did have over ten more years than the girl to practice being a wacko. Some of the pics of the girl trying to look sexy seem to be webcam shots.

Her appearance aside, she is a twelve year old child. They really do need to take a look into her background. What would make her so interested in this pedophile anyhow? She obviously believes she is in love with him. It sounds like he fed off that. If this Steinke wasn't in the picture at all i doubt any of this would have happened. I wonder how much of this idea he fed her and instigated. She is a 12 year old child for God's sake!
This case reminds me in a way of this movie, Vampire Clan, which was based on a true story that took place in Florida where 5 teens had murdered one of the involved teens parents. They all had the goth look going on. Is anyone else familiar with this case? Here is a link to info about it:
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/vampires/8.html

It took place in 1996 i believe, yet i wonder if these 2 had seen the movie and got ideas..

Her appearance aside, she is a twelve year old child. They really do need to take a look into her background. What would make her so interested in this pedophile anyhow? She obviously believes she is in love with him. It sounds like he fed off that. If this Steinke wasn't in the picture at all i doubt any of this would have happened. I wonder how much of this idea he fed her and instigated. She is a 12 year old child for God's sake!
This case reminds me in a way of this movie, Vampire Clan, which was based on a true story that took place in Florida where 5 teens had murdered one of the involved teens parents. They all had the goth look going on. Is anyone else familiar with this case? Here is a link to info about it:
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/vampires/8.html

It took place in 1996 i believe, yet i wonder if these 2 had seen the movie and got ideas..

I agree. This girl didn't have that much time to go from being a little, probably very troubled, girl to developing these interests and appearance. I'd suspect that she had a lot of help from someone older, highly manipulative, and probably a lot of it done on the internet involving getting her to post certain pics and feeding her even more violence that she may have already gotten from school friends. All goth kids aren't into this are they? I need to know to keep my grandson who is troubled away from this sort of thing, but he sure won't be getting onto the internet or older friends.

I agree. This girl didn't have that much time to go from being a little, probably very troubled, girl to developing these interests and appearance. I'd suspect that she had a lot of help from someone older, highly manipulative, and probably a lot of it done on the internet involving getting her to post certain pics and feeding her even more violence that she may have already gotten from school friends. All goth kids aren't into this are they? I need to know to keep my grandson who is troubled away from this sort of thing, but he sure won't be getting onto the internet or older friends.

Hi txsVicki, not all of the kids who are into goth get into trouble. Alot of the ones that have (Columbine's trenchcoat mafia among others) have made a bad name for the ones that stay out of trouble. I believe it is more of an assimilation due to the music style one listens to. Same as any other genre of music, rap, rock, country. On every appletree, there are always the few bad apples that make a bad name for the rest. We also would have to take into account what this girl's home life was like for her to even be interested in a 23 year old at age 12. It sounds like she was seeking either a father type figure (the age difference) or attention or both.
Many children go through different phases when they are younger, may it be a goth one, hiphop one, etc. As they get older, many grow out of it, some may still stay.
As long as your grandson has no tendency for trouble with the law, and is a good kid, you have nothing to worry about. Kids of any sort sometimes get in trouble when they are younger for trespassing, mischief type things. It is usually the rare few that make a bad name for the others who are typically good kids.

Her parents told her not to see him, she snuck around. Without her parents, she was free to see him as she wished. She is as much to blame for the murder of her parents as he is.

Don't think so. She is a child, like it or not. As was mentioned earlier (by Amraann I believe) if her parents were truly parenting her, there would have been no sneaking around. Certainly no excuse for killing them, but 12 years old is still such a baby. The so-called-boyfriend had been of adult age for 5 years.....since she was a mere 7!!!

I would say major drugs and alcohol will end up playing a role in this one. She wasn't an 'innocent' child at 12yo and he seems to be a very immature 23yo. instead of a pedophile, IMO. She shows a high level of intelligence and rebellion. Together, they look like they could be following "Natural Born Killers" or "Bonnie and Clyde" types leading this fantasy existence which is removed from reality in many respects. She is wrong on one count on her web page tho...she is not insane. She is cold, calculating, and now criminal. They both should rot.

A 23 year old involved in a romantic or sexual relationship with a 12 year old CHILD is a sick, perverted PEDOPHILE---regardless of his maturity level. I don't understand why you think this man is merely immature, and not a pedophile.

I mean, you're saying she wasn't an innocent 12 year old child because she showed a high level of intelligence (I don't know why you think that-nothing I read indicates extreme intelligence on her part, quite the opposite actually) and rebellion. So, her guilt is more solidified because she seemed older than 12? And his guilt is LESSENED because he seemed younger than 23? No, this man is a pedophile. Plain and simple. Any 23 year old man who wants to have a sexualized relationship with a PRE-TEEN is a pedophile. A sick and disgusting pedophile.

Did he know she was 12? She looks like she could easily be mistaken for 14, which is Canada's legal age of consent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back