CANADA Canada - Marianne Schuett, 10, Kilbride, Ont, 27 April 1967

From article, thanks!
April 1 2021 rbbm.
''The last thing either of them wants is for any family members to be misled; however, what they have managed to uncover is telling. Following leads, conducting interviews, surveying geography, reading old police files and speaking with relatives has proved fruitful.

They’ve narrowed the search for Marianne to an area outside Burlington they have visited with certified canine handlers, close to where one of her blue shoes was found.''

“Killers are notoriously lazy,” Davidson explained. They have a hunch Marianne was dumped, not buried, leaving potential for evidence even 50 years on.

With advances in genetic genealogy and forensics, they are considering DNA could be in the ground, in soil. If Marianne is out there, there could be more than one way to find her.''

''Marianne’s case is long rumoured to be connected to other missing children, including four-year-old Cameron March, last seen in his Burlington yard May 7, 1975; 13-year-old Noreen Greenley, last seen in Bowmanville Sept. 14, 1963; and even possibly 12-year-old Lynne Harper, of Clinton, whose 1959 murder sent wrongfully convicted Steven Truscott to prison.

“Every killer like that is going to have a hunting ground,” said Davidson.''

From article, thanks!
April 1 2021 rbbm.
''The last thing either of them wants is for any family members to be misled; however, what they have managed to uncover is telling. Following leads, conducting interviews, surveying geography, reading old police files and speaking with relatives has proved fruitful.

They’ve narrowed the search for Marianne to an area outside Burlington they have visited with certified canine handlers, close to where one of her blue shoes was found.''

“Killers are notoriously lazy,” Davidson explained. They have a hunch Marianne was dumped, not buried, leaving potential for evidence even 50 years on.

With advances in genetic genealogy and forensics, they are considering DNA could be in the ground, in soil. If Marianne is out there, there could be more than one way to find her.''

''Marianne’s case is long rumoured to be connected to other missing children, including four-year-old Cameron March, last seen in his Burlington yard May 7, 1975; 13-year-old Noreen Greenley, last seen in Bowmanville Sept. 14, 1963; and even possibly 12-year-old Lynne Harper, of Clinton, whose 1959 murder sent wrongfully convicted Steven Truscott to prison.

“Every killer like that is going to have a hunting ground,” said Davidson.''

I was unaware that these connections have been all assumed to be by the one perp. When the old now taken down site unsolvedcanada was available, I had come across a pic of the Marrianne case perp and his car - especially the same style hat and shared it online thinking it resembled the car and person description of Noreen Greely case. Shortly thereafter Noreen's sister was open and active on the site asking for more info on Marrianne's case and how she too felt they were the same man. Again I did not know that was now talked about here too.

I mentioned Cameron because I was interviewed by the police when he went missing. That he would be included is surprising, he is male and only 4 yrs old.

Sends shivers down my spine to think we would walk these roads and that he would cruise them looking for another one to take.

Brings up memory, I will need to ask my sister or brother if they remember, but we had a police impersonator pulling people over that were driving through "the duck ponds" a stretch of Cedar Springs Road just past Colling Road to just before the s bend before Britannia Rd. They had a red flashing light on the roof of the car and would pull out of the Colling road area, Colling Rd did not have many houses it was a huge quarry on one side and very deep secluded lots on the Blind Line side of the street, people in our community were nervous and were told to not pull over to put hazards on and drive home or a well lit public area with a public phone (which we had none in this area). Blind Line is a short street IMO the only reason he would be jonting around this area would be to see the kids at Fairview Public school, not a 2 min drive on Britania Rd from Blind Line. I attended this School Grade 5 -8 and was a student here when he disappeared.

Why take such a young boy, because he was out and available? The timing is right for when school gets out.

The driveway to Fariview was so different and small compared to the long driveway at Kilbride. Very few students walked home from here, Britannia Rd (close to Guelph Line) had no sidewalks and was a very hilly road. If you did not live across the street or a door or two down, you took the bus or had a ride pick you up. Some kids who lived on the Lowville side would walk home but not toward Blind Line, it was too dangerous, you could not pull over to grab anyone, there was nowhere to stop.

Wow just Wow how incredible that we as kids would be oblivious to being watched and prayed upon like this. I would think he no longer had the renault in 75.

Do we know what the suspected dead perp drove in May 1975?

News - Please Bring Me Home

October 7, 2020 – Marianne Schuett Update
We wanted to take a moment and provide an update about the case of Marianne Schuett who went missing from Kilbride Ontario in 1967. Over the past year, Please Bring Me Home has expanded more than I could have ever imagined, and by doing that we were able to assist more families. We also met many like-minded people across Canada who joined our efforts in the hopes of bringing families closure. We immediately had someone looking into the case of Marianne for Please Bring Me Home and the family. That person has since chose to resign from PBMH, however is still assisting the Schuett family which we are all grateful for. We have since decided to put another Investigation Team Member and Research Consultant on Marianne’s case from Please Bring Me Home. We have not seen anything posted regarding Marianne, therefore we feel we owe Marianne the attention she deserves. We have full trust in the PBMH members we have chosen to look into this. If you have any information on this case, please email tips@pleasebringmehome.com or send a tip in via our website.

let's hope a new set of eyes will see something useful. Good luck PBMH.

If police know who killed Marianne, they should release the suspect’s name. People who knew him might have known more about him, the places he visited, restaurants he liked, trails where he hiked, ponds where he fished, information his family might not have known. It could solve where he left Marianne.
His family may not want his name shared as he was only a suspect and not convicted. His kids are not kids any more. His spouse and grown children should understand that if one of his kids was missing, their mother would want them back.
Hopefully DNA from the suspect was retrieved. Maybe when Marianne is finally found, DNA from her killer will also be found. Perhaps the suspect can be confirmed as the killer or cleared of suspicion.
I wonder if the family knew what he was like, knew what he was doing, and doesn’t want it confirmed. It would bring a lot of attention and embarrassment to their family if the suspicions are true. But it would also bring some sense of closure to the Schuett family to know where their child has been since she vanished.

I’ve read Marianne’s thread here over again. I wonder if this suspect had male or female children? The two girls who came forward to press charges against him, how was he related to them? Why did they wait so long before coming forward? How many other victims were there that didn’t come forward? His name and picture should be released. I think more victims would come forward.

If he broke down off 17 Side Road, or got stuck, and had to be towed out, I don't think he'd leave the body in that area. He could have gone back to retrieve it and then found a new spot the next day off of 3rd Line where someone in a station wagon was seen.

I looked up the inmate who said an associate showed him a body on the Bruce Trail where 3rd Line ends. He was named as Robert Turner 40 in 1969, and there was a Robert Turner born in Hamilton in 1929. If that's the same person, it's possible he knew the suspect who was living in Dundas in Hamilton.
The people running the dig are now saying their dig site, which made two separate cadaver dogs alert, was partly based on information from a prison informant. I’m guessing it was the same one. That’s a very interesting development if true.

SchuettSuspect_Gallery.jpg

A police sketch of the suspect based on the description provided by witnesses in relation to Marianne Schuett's disappearance.

tspa%200026914f_Gallery.jpg

In this 1967 photo, a distraught and exhausted Milton Schuett (centre) is led away from search headquarters at Kilbride Public School by a neighbour after searching for missing daughter Marianne all night. – Toronto Star archive photo

LINK:
ONTARIO COLD CASE: Parents beg abductor 'to phone or write us' after daughter disappears

<modsnip>
I'm wondering if the "similar" shoe they found was ever (later on when tech became available) forensically examined to confirm if it was actually Marianne s shoe?

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry if this is a paywall

What happened to Marianne Schuett?

Looks like they will do a ground search in September in the area of Hwy 25 and sideroad 22, Acton. (above Speyside where the shoe was found)

They have a thought that they may have found 2 burial sites, 1 for Marianne and 1 for Cameron March.

They know the suspect that committed suicide was within 3km of this area and had multiple cadaver dog hits in these 2 locations.

It truly looks like all LE are in agreement this perp they had is the murderer and they are looking for the proof to actually release his name and close the case. Similar to Christine Jessop when they had DNA proof to release her predator.

Let's hope this will be a healing find for more than one family wanting answers.

sorry if this is a paywall

What happened to Marianne Schuett?

Looks like they will do a ground search in September in the area of Hwy 25 and sideroad 22, Acton. (above Speyside where the shoe was found)

They have a thought that they may have found 2 burial sites, 1 for Marianne and 1 for Cameron March.

They know the suspect that committed suicide was within 3km of this area and had multiple cadaver dog hits in these 2 locations.

It truly looks like all LE are in agreement this perp they had is the murderer and they are looking for the proof to actually release his name and close the case. Similar to Christine Jessop when they had DNA proof to release her predator.

Let's hope this will be a healing find for more than one family wanting answers.
Excellent find! Excellent news!

And really seems hopeful too! <modsnip: quoting paywalled site>

Searching for closure: Retired investigators renew hunt for Burlington girl missing since 1967
Linda Gillis Davidson, a former RCMP inspector, and retired Peel Police forensics investigator Gord Collins have been looking into Marianne’s case for two years at their own expense as part of their retirement work on cold cases.

Through their research, which has included everything from interviews with the family and retired police to information from a jailhouse informant, they’ve determined there are two locations near Acton that should be searched for any trace of the beloved youngster — a theory that’s backed up by cadaver dogs.

“All six of the canines that were taken through the areas indicated, separately and independently, (that they found) the same odour in the same area,” said Gillis Davidson, explaining that the dogs are trained to detect the scent of human decomposition. “What they’re telling us is they’ve found something, and it’s human — you find out what it is.”

A forensic dig led by Gillis Davidson and Collins, who’ll be joined by small groups of volunteers, has been planned for Sept. 11, with the search focusing on one of the key areas near Highway 25 and 22 Sideroad. The duo plan to further explore the second site at a later date.

The team is lending credence to the tip from inmate RT who said an "acquaintance" led him to the spot and he saw the body. If the acquaintance was the suspect, and there are two sites alerted on, it might make sense that the body was moved after RT was arrested.

MPL002496071pf_0310.pdf (ourontario.ca)

Are any of the investigators into her disappearance on here? My mom (b. 1968) & aunt were adopted by a man & woman here in Burlington, in the late 70's. Both were molested repeatedly by the man. He was eventually found guilty of it against my aunt (they didn't pursue it for my mom, as she was sexually active.. at 11yo), and possibly other children in the area. He served 60 days on weekends as he was "an esteemed teacher at UofG". Not sure if he still lives in the house, but it was on New, across from the Nelson park/splash pad. I don't know his info as for birthdate, etc to know if it would line up with her disappearance, but she looks like my mom & aunt as small kids.. in case he had a type:( Please feel free to message for names and anything I can get from my mom. I keep wanting to egg the house... or sue him for all the pain & suffering our family has been through because of him:( If he's still there, that house & property are worth at minimum $1.5M (I assume far more) forget his pension, etc. I hate that we suffer while him & his family are doing great...

Not sure if I could post this anywhere else in case he could be linked to any other cases.

The suspect/perp in this case was a "steel worker". And I'm pretty sure he lived on Bennet Rd. around that time, a couple of streets up from your suspect on New. I remember seeing the address on Vernon's Directory.

Your suspect might fit better for a cold case, IMO. But in this case, there was no turning a blind eye for a high class criminal. There was just no follow-up on the main eye-witness until 1990.

The team is lending credence to the tip from inmate RT who said an "acquaintance" led him to the spot and he saw the body. If the acquaintance was the suspect, and there are two sites alerted on, it might make sense that the body was moved after RT was arrested.

MPL002496071pf_0310.pdf (ourontario.ca)
It also may depend on the year he was shown the body.

Marrianne was taken in 1967, Cameron was taken in 1975, maybe it was before '75 that he was shown the body? I have read that the perp went to jail in '72 but I do not know for how long has was in prison and when he was with this acquaintance?

The perp spent only about 30 days in jail in 72. RT was in jail in 69 and said the acquaintance showed him the body about a year earlier so 68, the year after the abduction.

I remember giving the story credence and going to find that location. I did find what looked like a dug up crevasse.

If the acquaintance was the perp, they wouldn’t have had the corroborating witness sighting with the license plate because they hadn’t followed that up by that point.

The suspect/perp in this case was a "steel worker". And I'm pretty sure he lived on Bennet Rd. around that time, a couple of streets up from your suspect on New. I remember seeing the address on Vernon's Directory.

Your suspect might fit better for a cold case, IMO. But in this case, there was no turning a blind eye for a high class criminal. There was just no follow-up on the main eye-witness until 1990.

Bennett is so close to where my mom's adoptive father lived. Holy crap.. it really hits how close this filth lives to us at any given time. I had a neighbour who was an officer about 8 years back who said I'd vomit, invest in the best security system money could buy, and never let my kids out of the house if I could see what he did.. I can't imagine solving crimes from before the internet, dna samples, and CCTVs were a thing. I have so much respect for everyone who spends their time doing just that. I'm sure it can't be easy. I really hope Marianne can be found so the family can heal. That is so much. It's why I finally chose to start speaking up about my mom's situation. If it helps unsolved cases then it's worth it imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back