Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Interesting

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/W...econd+guess+Cozy+Cove+Lane/2560660/story.html

The victims were both women who lived alone. The attacks occurred in the dead of night. The intruder bound the women with duct tape, blindfolded them with pillow cases, tied them to chairs and photographed them.
"They asked all kinds of things. Did my father beat me, did my mother molest me," he says. "Personal stuff, like what kind of sex do you like.
Police told him it was one of the victims who identified him.

Found it....

"A source said police are probing 48 such cases and have recovered stolen lingerie - neatly stored, catalogued and concealed - in searches of the suspect's Ottawa home."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-were-asphyxiated-source-says/article1465532/

This article also goes on the say:

"The "bizarre escalation" theory casts doubt on growing public speculation that the alleged pattern of sex crimes could incorporate decades-old "cold" cases of homicide or sexual assault."

Hence my theory of the change in MO to throw them off the track of other crimes that may or may not be linked in the coming months.

But the article was written by the man that will be publishing the coming book, so I dunno....trolling for sales?

Found it....

"A source said police are probing 48 such cases and have recovered stolen lingerie - neatly stored, catalogued and concealed - in searches of the suspect's Ottawa home."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-were-asphyxiated-source-says/article1465532/

This article also goes on the say:

"The "bizarre escalation" theory casts doubt on growing public speculation that the alleged pattern of sex crimes could incorporate decades-old "cold" cases of homicide or sexual assault."

Hence my theory of the change in MO to throw them off the track of other crimes that may or may not be linked in the coming months.

But the article was written by the man that will be publishing the coming book, so I dunno....trolling for sales?

(BBM)

I would think that the man writing the book would be extra careful to make sure his reporting is accurate. If it later comes out that he got too many facts wrong, he will be discredited and fewer people will buy the book. As well, when newspaper journalists make mistakes, readers tend to blame (and sometimes sue) the publication rather than the individual reporter. This won't be the case with a book, where the onus will be on the writer. It would also stand to reason that TA is spending more time and effort doing research on this case than the average reporter. I trust the Globe & Mail more than all the Sun Publication outlets combined. Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

JMO

That is a good point. I think I just do not trust the media in general.

Hate the Sun. And I'm not keen on the National Post.

I think this is on many a mind. He is one smart man- if he confessed to the four crimes he committed it makes him look like he is being upfront and it does lower the suspicion radar a bit for linking him to other crimes though doesn't it. Perhaps he even changed his MO over the years to avoid being caught?

Just speculating though. I just don't believe that this "just started"....honest Mom, I've only done it this once....

I was comparing the similarities and differences between what we know about the crimes committed against Comeau and Jessica. In Comeau's case, she was killed and discovered in her home. In Jessica's case, she was not discovered in her home. We are not sure if she was killed there or somewhere else. If she was abducted, then this is a change in his MO, either an escalation of his crimes or a way to throw things off of an investigation involving a single perp.

About the strange behaviour while in custody i.e. acting like a POW. Does anyone know if he was even an actual POW, it all seems like an act to me. If he's capable of 'faking' this type of behaviour for his own reasons or to instill fear in LE or the jail guards, it seems to me that he will be a hard nut to crack r.e. his involvement in other crimes.

Just my opinion

It's anyone's guess how Russell Williams, then a six-year-old, reacted to his mother's first divorce. But years later, in 2001, he went ballistic when she divorced Jerry Sovka.

"Our mother's divorce from my stepfather caused a deep rift between him, my mother and myself," brother Harvey Williams said in a statement circulated to media this week. "We have had only minimal contact."

I wonder what would make a full grown man go "ballistic" over his mothers 2nd marriage ending? And then not talk with her for almost a decade.

I was surfing this morning and happened upon this Annual:

http://www.nddb-bndg.org/train/docs/Annual_2008-2009_e.pdf

Here are some interesting snippets:

In t e r e s t ing Fac t s
As of March 31, 2009, there were 158,493 DNA profiles from convicted offenders in the COI and 48,268
profiles from crime scene evidence in the CSI. Comparison of these DNA profiles has led to 11,503 matches
between offenders and crime scene samples (referred to as Offender Hits) and another 1,788 matches between
crime scene samples (referred to as Forensic Hits). The most prolific offender was associated to 47 crime scene
DNA profiles while the oldest case in the CSI dates back to 1964. The oldest case assisted by an Offender Hit
was linked to a 1981 murder from Alberta. The first Forensic Hit occurred on November 10, 2000 while the first
Offender Hit occurred on December 1, 2000.

I am new to all this so I found it quite enlightening:)

Pretty much the same rules apply to military, in regards to DNA evidence with a few exceptions:

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Sites/LOP/Le...8&source=library_prb&Parl=39&Ses=1#hclauses34
H. Clauses 34-46: Amendments to the National Defence Act

"Bill C-18 amends the National Defence Act so that the military justice system and its relationship with the National DNA Data Bank will mirror the civilian justice system. There are, however, some differences between the two systems, and the bill reflects this fact. Thus, clause 34 of the bill adds section 119.1 to the National Defence Act to make it clear that failure to comply with an order or summons is an offence. This mirrors the addition of section 487.0552 to the Criminal Code except that in the military justice system no reference is made to indictable or summary convictions, simply to imprisonment for less than two years or to “less punishment.” Similarly, clause 36 of the bill amends section 196.14 of the National Defence Act in a manner similar to clause 9, which amends section 487.051 of the Criminal Code to clarify the lack of discretion available to a court when imposing DNA orders for certain primary designated offences. In the military justice system, however, no young people will be tried, nor are discharges under section 730 of the Criminal Code an available punishment, so references to these two situations are removed."

It's anyone's guess how Russell Williams, then a six-year-old, reacted to his mother's first divorce. But years later, in 2001, he went ballistic when she divorced Jerry Sovka.

"Our mother's divorce from my stepfather caused a deep rift between him, my mother and myself," brother Harvey Williams said in a statement circulated to media this week. "We have had only minimal contact."

I wonder what would make a full grown man go "ballistic" over his mothers 2nd marriage ending? And then not talk with her for almost a decade.

I suspect the term "went ballistic" might be a bit of sensationalistic editorializing on the part of the reporter. Nowhere is the brother or anyone else quoted as using it.

Still, the rift must be real and RW likely blamed his mother for the divorce. The fact that he used his stepfather's surname suggests that either JS adopted the boys or that RW felt close to him, but I think the latter, since both men later reverted to their bio dad's name. RW was very young at the time of the first divorce and probably thought of JS as more of his own father than DW.

RW's mother has several times been described by old friends and neighbours as a very attractive woman back in those days. I'm just speculating that perhaps some infidelity might have played a part in one or both of these divorces. We may never find out.

When all the shrinks are done with him, I think there will be a very complex psychological profile of this man and "mother issues" will play a big part. We probably won't know until TA's book comes out ... if then.

JMO

The police apparently say there is not a connection but I'm not convinced.

Another Bellville woman missing - Deborah Rashotte
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95744&highlight=deborah+rashotte

DR has a history of disappearing of her own free will for weeks at a time. Her family didn't report her missing until after almost a month. I am hoping that she will turn up safe very soon.

This is her own FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=579495994&ref=fs#!/profile.php?v=info&ref=fs&id=579495994

JMO

the term 'ballistic' seems to be the reporter's word

but I too wonder that a divorce would 'cause an adult to be upset with other family members

the only thing I was speculating on is the possibility of the mother having an affair, which could tie into his hatred of women but then why wouldn't he stay in contact with his stepfather?

idk - having a hard time understanding how a divorce would 'cause a decade-long rift between brothers and a mother & son ...

I was surfing this morning and happened upon this Annual:

http://www.nddb-bndg.org/train/docs/Annual_2008-2009_e.pdf

Here are some interesting snippets:

In t e r e s t ing Fac t s
As of March 31, 2009, there were 158,493 DNA profiles from convicted offenders in the COI and 48,268
profiles from crime scene evidence in the CSI. Comparison of these DNA profiles has led to 11,503 matches
between offenders and crime scene samples (referred to as Offender Hits) and another 1,788 matches between
crime scene samples (referred to as Forensic Hits). The most prolific offender was associated to 47 crime scene
DNA profiles while the oldest case in the CSI dates back to 1964. The oldest case assisted by an Offender Hit
was linked to a 1981 murder from Alberta. The first Forensic Hit occurred on November 10, 2000 while the first
Offender Hit occurred on December 1, 2000.

I am new to all this so I found it quite enlightening:)

very interesting ... ty for posting

the term 'ballistic' seems to be the reporter's word

but I too wonder that a divorce would 'cause an adult to be upset with other family members

the only thing I was speculating on is the possibility of the mother having an affair, which could tie into his hatred of women but then why wouldn't he stay in contact with his stepfather?

idk - having a hard time understanding how a divorce would 'cause a decade-long rift between brothers and a mother & son ...

Great minds think alike. ;)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Lloyd, 27, Belleville, Ontario 01/28/2010 thread #2

If police decide to check out Williams’ old haunt, one thing is certain: They will need a warrant before the current owners let them in.
“I wouldn’t let them come in my house. I mean, come on,” said the man.
“It’s kind of a tough situation for us. We just got married and moved in the house.”

really??? I find that odd ... I mean, obviously no one wants to have to open their home to investigators ... no one wants to be invaded that way but I personally wouldn't hesitate if it would help the case & help solve crimes!

does anyone else find it strange that this person says he wouldn't let them in without a warrant?

Perhaps the new owner was just annoyed that people are now speculating what might be found in HIS house...it must be weird to suddenly have the press parked on your lawn taking pictures. That strange feeling of being part of something that feels sinister without actually being part of it.

I dunno, it was just a thought, I don't know how I would feel about it. I'm trying to put myself in the same situation and I'm coming up a bit blank.

If police decide to check out Williams’ old haunt, one thing is certain: They will need a warrant before the current owners let them in.
“I wouldn’t let them come in my house. I mean, come on,” said the man.
“It’s kind of a tough situation for us. We just got married and moved in the house.”

really??? I find that odd ... I mean, obviously no one wants to have to open their home to investigators ... no one wants to be invaded that way but I personally wouldn't hesitate if it would help the case & help solve crimes!

does anyone else find it strange that this person says he wouldn't let them in without a warrant?

Yes. I thought the same thing. It's not as if LE would toss the place as if you were a suspect. And yes, I'd be curious enough to look around myself, albeit with great trepidation. I hope LE gets a warrant, but I doubt that someone as meticulous and orderly as RW would leave anything incriminating behind when they moved.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member