Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If police decide to check out Williams’ old haunt, one thing is certain: They will need a warrant before the current owners let them in.
“I wouldn’t let them come in my house. I mean, come on,” said the man.
“It’s kind of a tough situation for us. We just got married and moved in the house.”

really??? I find that odd ... I mean, obviously no one wants to have to open their home to investigators ... no one wants to be invaded that way but I personally wouldn't hesitate if it would help the case & help solve crimes!

does anyone else find it strange that this person says he wouldn't let them in without a warrant?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/13/12871266-qmi.html

bbm
I find that odd and this:

he’s not looking under any floorboards or popping his head into the attic because there’s no reason to.

Seriously , if the police felt they needed to search, I for one would want them to . I know if I lived there , I would probably look . That is just me, though. moo

Another victim of Russ Williams/Sovka?

Parents of slain Ontario woman relive pain with news of colonel's arrest

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Parents+slain+Ontario+woman+relive+pain+with+news+colonel+arrest/2558147/story.html#ixzz0fYJIrZhj

Margaret McWilliam, of Deep River, Ont., was 21 years old in 1987 when she was raped and killed while ]out for a jog in a Scarborough, Ont., park about a half-kilometre from her new Toronto home.

The police have a lot of work ahead of them.

Just returned for what would have been a regular after supper jaunt to the local drug store. The atmosphere around here is very different than what it was a few weeks ago. Not a single person on the street once darkness falls. Streets that I used to walk down I bypassed feeling like there is not enough light. This has had an enormous impact on our little community.

Just returned for what would have been a regular after supper jaunt to the local drug store. The atmosphere around here is very different than what it was a few weeks ago. Not a single person on the street once darkness falls. Streets that I used to walk down I bypassed feeling like there is not enough light. This has had an enormous impact on our little community.

sad )-;

hope everyone can get back to their regular routine soon

yes, keep an eye out & protect yourself but people should be comfortable enough to enjoy their own community - otherwise the bad guys win

a good ol' take back the night rally might be helpful for morale? or some kind of community get-together to address the fear people need to bond in their anger & shock

Just returned for what would have been a regular after supper jaunt to the local drug store. The atmosphere around here is very different than what it was a few weeks ago. Not a single person on the street once darkness falls. Streets that I used to walk down I bypassed feeling like there is not enough light. This has had an enormous impact on our little community.[/QUote:

:rings: hang in there, don't let the bad guy win.

Ottawa police recover hidden keepsakes from home of military commander accused of murder

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/a8re+Prairies/2564856/Police+recover+hidden+keepsakes+from+military+commander+home/2564958/story.html#ixzz0fZYW2V7X

OTTAWA — Police say they have recovered evidence — including hidden keepsakes — from the Ottawa home of a former Ontario military base commander charged with murdering two women.

Ontario Provincial Police investigating Col. Russell Williams also said Sunday they have matched a print from a homicide scene to the 46-year-old’s boot

Ottawa police recover hidden keepsakes from home of military commander accused of murder

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/a8re+Prairies/2564856/Police+recover+hidden+keepsakes+from+military+commander+home/2564958/story.html#ixzz0fZYW2V7X

OTTAWA — Police say they have recovered evidence — including hidden keepsakes — from the Ottawa home of a former Ontario military base commander charged with murdering two women.

Ontario Provincial Police investigating Col. Russell Williams also said Sunday they have matched a print from a homicide scene to the 46-year-old’s boot

I gotta a question...from the boxes in the picture that were carried out...the only place I would think they could have been hidden is the attic? This was one picture, I wonder if there were more "BOXES"? AND this was at the Ottawa home, wonder what is "hidden" at the cottage??? Wonder why they didn't take them the other day, the date on the picture is Sunday?

Just had another thought, since he didn't move in until December, I am guessing these are or could be boxes from the old house. LE certainly has their work cut out for them! :furious:

I gotta a question...from the boxes in the picture that were carried out...the only place I would think they could have been hidden is the attic? This was one picture, I wonder if there were more "BOXES"? AND this was at the Ottawa home, wonder what is "hidden" at the cottage??? Wonder why they didn't take them the other day, the date on the picture is Sunday?

This is just a guess, but those boxes aren't necessarily the boxes they were stored in. LE could have taken those boxes into the house and put smaller bags, boxes, items, etc. into them before removing them from the house. It's possible that before they removed these items, they spent days cataloguing and photographing what they found - better to preserve the evidence in as close to original condition as they could. Hasn't it been reported that items were hidden in heating ducts? He might also have had DVDs, CDs, computer discs, etc. in plain sight on shelves, possibly mislabeled to fool his wife. LE would just put them all in these generic boxes.

I am surprised, too, that he would hide things in the Ottawa house instead of the cottage, where he had more time alone. Wondering if these items from Ottawa were from previous crimes that were moved from their old house and the cottage might contain evidence from the local crimes. Or maybe the cottage didn't have any good hiding places?

JMO

EDIT: Sorry, Dee, I see you wrote the same thing about evidence taken from the old house to the new one.

This is just a guess, but those boxes aren't necessarily the boxes they were stored in. LE could have taken those boxes into the house and put smaller bags, boxes, items, etc. into them before removing them from the house.
Those boxes look used to me (or shall I say reused). In the following link we can see a zoomed version of that same picture. IMO those are not boxes LE brought in, but boxes that were found in the house. I also recall seeing a picture of LE bringing in brand new flattened cardboard boxes

big picture of BOXES = http://www.windsorstar.com/news/williams-investigation/index.html

I have been wondering if that roadside canvass scared the pants off him, and he perhaps thought LE were getting a bit too close. Would it be possible he packed some items from the cottage and brought them to Ottawa (all speculation on my part, just throwing an idea out there, not that I really think that could be the case). I too thought he would keep his keepsakes in the cottage, if only for fear his wife will decide to reorganize the room/space/closet or whatever area he was keeping those "souvenirs".

Hasn't it been reported that items were hidden in heating ducts?
I read about that here in WS, but to be honest, I haven't seen that reported (as of yet), and it sounds very possible. If items were in those boxes we see in the picture, then how about a locked trunk or secret wall compartment? Just speculating.

He might also have had DVDs, CDs, computer discs, etc. in plain sight on shelves, possibly mislabeled to fool his wife. LE would just put them all in these generic boxes.
Wouldn't that be way too risky?

rs&bbm (sorry antiquegirl for dissecting your post :angel: )

The officers were carrying stacks of flat boxes, garbage bags and a large roll of brown paper that they used to cover all the windows.
http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2446011

If you check out pic 3 in this link, you will see LE carrying new flat boxes into RW's house
http://www.canada.com/news/Police+search+Williams+Ottawa+home/2550481/story.html

but the boxes in this photo do not appear to be the new boxes that they carried inside
http://www.windsorstar.com/news/williams-investigation/index.html
can anyone read what is written on the "used" box carried by the plain clothes detective? I zoomed in but couldn't make out the wording.

The officers were carrying stacks of flat boxes, garbage bags and a large roll of brown paper that they used to cover all the windows.
http://www.trentonian.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2446011

If you check out pic 5 in this link, you will see LE carrying new flat boxes into RW's house
http://www.canada.com/news/Police+search+Williams+Ottawa+home/2550481/story.html

but the boxes in this photo do not appear to be the new boxes that they carried inside
http://www.windsorstar.com/news/williams-investigation/index.html

I haven't seen that picture before. Can I be forgiven for noticing that the cop in the blue shirt is hot? ;)

JMO

I haven't seen that picture before. Can I be forgiven for noticing that the cop in the blue shirt is hot? ;)

JMO

Hell YAAAAAAAA you can be forgiven right along with me as I agree with you!

Those boxes look used to me (or shall I say reused). In the following link we can see a zoomed version of that same picture. IMO those are not boxes LE brought in, but boxes that were found in the house. I also recall seeing a picture of LE bringing in brand new flattened cardboard boxes[/B]

big picture of BOXES = http://www.windsorstar.com/news/williams-investigation/index.html

I have been wondering if that roadside canvass scared the pants off him, and he perhaps thought LE were getting a bit too close. Would it be possible he packed some items from the cottage and brought them to Ottawa (all speculation on my part, just throwing an idea out there, not that I really think that could be the case). I too thought he would keep his keepsakes in the cottage, if only for fear his wife will decide to reorganize the room/space/closet or whatever area he was keeping those "souvenirs".

I read about that here in WS, but to be honest, I haven't seen that reported (as of yet), and it sounds very possible. If items were in those boxes we see in the picture, then how about a locked trunk or secret wall compartment? Just speculating.

Hazel, I don't mind at all having my post dissected. We're here to brainstorm and examine all options. I do it all the time.

I agree that that particular pic shows boxes that look used. LE probably removed a lot of stuff, including previously packed and those packed by them.

Yes, leaving out CDs and the like would be risky, but we've pretty much determined how cocky and arrogant RW is. Based on his military background and from all we've heard, I can well imagine him being controlling and authoritative in his marriage ("My stuff is private and not to be touched!"). He almost certainly had his own office with military files and such that his wife might not be interested in.

Anyway, this is all speculation and conjecture. I could be totally wrong on all counts.

JMO

Those boxes look used to me (or shall I say reused). In the following link we can see a zoomed version of that same picture. IMO those are not boxes LE brought in, but boxes that were found in the house. I also recall seeing a picture of LE bringing in brand new flattened cardboard boxes[/B]

JMO: I bet he was they type of guy that had a "military" office in his home which was under lock and key with him always carrying the only key. Im sure he would have lead his wife to believe that this office held "top secret" military information. Which would not make her curious and would respect his privacy for his position. I cannot imagine what his wife is feeling at this point. Having your husbands name splashed across the front page of every national and local newspaper, I really feel for her being innocent and having your home riped apart and just knowing that all of this evidence, deceased womens panties, pic of them, etc was right within the safety of her own home. Just as the families and friends of the victims, how does she ever recover from something like this.

JMO: I bet he was they type of guy that had a "military" office in his home which was under lock and key with him always carrying the only key. Im sure he would have lead his wife to believe that this office held "top secret" military information. Which would not make her curious and would respect his privacy for his position. I cannot imagine what his wife is feeling at this point. Having your husbands name splashed across the front page of every national and local newspaper, I really feel for her being innocent and having your home riped apart and just knowing that all of this evidence, deceased womens panties, pic of them, etc was right within the safety of her own home. Just as the families and friends of the victims, how does she ever recover from something like this.

(BBM)

Last night I Googled his name and it came up with an astounding 2000+ hits! (Just for this case only and doesn't include anyone else with the same name.)

I would not bet against you and agree that your guess is a very likely scenario. And ITA about his poor wife, too. Can you imagine her concentrating on anything else except this case and how she could have missed any signs? She must be a total wreck and her life changed forever. :(

(Carried over from the previous thread)

Originally Posted by pjgrrrl

I also got to wondering how someone would successfully break into 48 different homes without an incidence occurring? Like, a dog barking? A boyfriend lurking inside? The woman sleeping? Alarm systems? It really seems way too risky to me, but I might be missing something. I don't know how to break into a house afterall or know how easy it is. I mean I am guessing some of these houses were close together- so how did not even one person notice? Sheesh.

I've been giving this some thought and wondered how this specific number was arrived at. It doesn't seem like one that the media would make up, nor one that RW would volunteer off the bat.

So, what if LE asked him, "When did these break-ins begin?" and he replied that he started just around the time he graduated from university (1986). "And how often do you think you perpetrated these type of activities?". Possible response: "On the average of twice-a-year." That would add up to approximately four dozen.

Of course, this is purely guesswork and any number combinations could work equally well. But if he spaced out the B & E's this far apart, it would give him plenty of time to stake out the homes, make sure they were empty, and minimize the risk of getting caught.

It would be almost impossible for LE to tie him to most of these crimes and I doubt they'll go to much bother considering the far more serious charges.

JMO

In regards to the boxes of "evidence" removed from the house. I doubt they would have brought the actual boxes that that everything was hidden in out of the house without placing everything into a different container (or box) first. Just as a means of preserving the integrity of the evidence and where it was found. eg- these 12 items were found here, these 4 were hidden here....But that is just an opinion.

Wow. The wife. Still so many things not being talked about publicly. I think I am debating her position as much as I am debating the cocky/careless what the heck just happened one....do you think he provided a full statement with complete cooperation to protect her in some way? Although, it's not as if she could testify against him, so that doesn't fit. Much more debate to follow in my head I am quiet sure....

Someone raised the question of RW ever being a POW. I doubt it. But I think that the Geneva Convention is well studied by anyone that enters the military, and quite sure that someone of high rank would be very well versed in what is required should they ever by interrogated. Perhaps it was because his lives suddenly meshed? Part II of the Geneva Convention states:

"CAPTURE

Art. 5. Every prisoner of war is required to declare, if he is interrogated on the subject, his true names and rank, or his regimental number.
If he infringes this rule, he exposes himself to a restriction of the privileges accorded to prisoners of his category."

http://www.icrc.org/IHL.NSF/FULL/305?OpenDocument

It was a very dry but interesting read.

Purely speculation on my part.

Wow. The wife. Still so many things not being talked about publicly. I think I am debating her position as much as I am debating the cocky/careless what the heck just happened one....do you think he provided a full statement with complete cooperation to protect her in some way? Although, it's not as if she could testify against him, so that doesn't fit. Much more debate to follow in my head I am quiet sure....

(Respectfully snipped and bolded by me)

Thanks for this, pinkeye.

I just did a little research on this and to the best of my knowledge, while spouses are not compelled to testify against their legal partners, they can voluntarily do so. Also, if the couple legally separates before the trial, the law no longer applies. All of this is moot if there will be no trial, of course, which is possible if he confessed as reported.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member