Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
August 15, 1989, Bernardo committed his eighth rape, against a 22-year-old woman. He had stalked her the previous night from outside the window of her apartment and waited for her to arrive home. This particularly vicious attack lasted two hours

By the time Bernardo attended University of Toronto Scarborough, he had developed dark sexual fantasies, enjoyed humiliating women in public and beat up the women he dated.[4]
Bernardo and his friends practised their techniques on young women they met in bars, and were fairly successful

I really have to wonder if PB and RW were buds in University...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo#Other_potential_or_possible_victims

Does anyone know the dates that RW attended the Scarborough campus? I know that PB was there from the Fall of 2003 and graduated in 1987. According to this article, it doesn't sound like they actually knew each other, it seems to be another media "rumour". Based on this information alone, I'm going to go with, they were not buds and likely didn't know each other.

This week, news reports raised the possibility that Williams and convicted serial killer and rapist Paul Bernardo may have had a link, since both attended the University of Toronto's Scarborough campus during roughly the same time period when a series of unsolved rapes occurred.

Police say that is simply happenstance.

"They went to the same university and took some of the same courses on economics, the same campus, they lived in the same Scarborough neighbourhood ... that's a coincidental thing from what we can gather," a police source told the Star. "We are getting a lot of information on all kinds of different things."

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/764948--life-and-times-of-col-russell-williams

Thanks FF, this intrigued me so I went to the page to see what these so called "techniques" were.

No disrespect FF, the whole paragraph reads:

"Bernardo graduated from Sir Wilfrid Laurier Collegiate Institute, opting to work for Amway, whose sales culture had a deep effect on him. "He bought the books and tapes of famous motivational get-rich-and-famous experts".[5] Bernardo and his friends practised their techniques on young women they met in bars, and were fairly successful.[4] By the time Bernardo attended University of Toronto Scarborough, he had developed dark sexual fantasies, enjoyed humiliating women in public and beat up the women he dated.[4]"

I am inclined to think this piece refers to "techniques" learned from get-rich-and-famous experts PB and his friends were practising, or at least I hope this is what they mean.

If it is true and there was a group of "his friends" involved way back, then LE should be hauling KH back to Canada and sitting her under a white light because I bet that she would know of the gang and their activities.

Hi, NFR!

According to reports, PB graduated from UTSC in 1987, which normally takes place in the spring. Wikipedia says he didn't meet KH until October 17th of that year. So, it's possible that she would have no knowledge of some of his friendships at that time.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2446234

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka

NOTE OF INTEREST:
I found this little tidbit in the above Wikipedia entry about KH.

As of December 2009, respected La Presse, Canada's top French-language newspaper, claims that Karla is now back in Ontario studying Law and living with her partner Luka Magnotta.

:eek:

This wikipedia entry for Russell Williams lists his name as "D Russell Williams". I've never seen that before and am trying to figure out what the "D" stands for. Maybe "David" like his father but I haven't seen this information listed elsewhere. Anyone know???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Williams_(Colonel)

Yes, he has been alternately named as David Russell Williams and Russell David Williams.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Ac...+remanded+court+appearance/2580761/story.html

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/16/the-secret-life-of-colonel-russell-williams/

RW's father's name is Cedric David Williams but he calls himself David Russell. His ex-wife (RW's mother) is named Christine Williams and she keeps that name until she divorces "Cedric" and she then starts going by the name Nonie Sovka (using her 2nd husband's last name and her middle name). Russell William's name is David Russell Williams. Initially, he goes by Russell Williams, then by Russ Sovka and around the time he graduates from university/enters the military..Russell Williams again. His address listings are for Russell, R, DR Williams.

Interesting...

Although Saskatchewan police are not necessarily looking at RW in relation to any cases there, I found the following of interest in possibly placing him, however briefly, into that province for some of his flight training:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Sa...ms+suspect+unsolved+crimes/2612611/story.html

Williams — commander at Canadian Forces Base 8 Wing near Trenton, Ont., at the time of his arrest — would likely have taken some basic flight training at what is now 2 Canadian Forces Flying Training School at 15 Wing Moose Jaw.

:furious:
That is true. I feel sorry for Mr. J. What a neighbour RW turned out to be! You can tell by listening to and watching Mr. J in that video clip that he is stilled devastated by everything and not just for himself (he was a victim too) but for the young women involved.

Sad how one creep like RW can cause such a devastation on so many people.

With regard to the local LE, consider this: how many LE in the area have military backgrounds themselves, or ties to the military in some way?

People must be aware of the financial benefit the base provides to the region. "Company town", in a manner of speaking?

...And for yet another day...The Canadian Media has NOTHING to say...

Same old, same old.

Easy news is easy news. There's not much else is there?

MOO

P.S. Hey guys! Try plotting a few pieces of information onto google maps. You might just get a "scoop"!

Consider the source: one Ken Bernardo, who has a history of his own.

I vaguely recall that Summer.

It is interesting that as at Feb 12, a lot of articles were reporting that Ken said PB didn't know Williams by either Williams or Sovka, but in an exclusive interview (around the middle of Feb??):

In an exclusive interview, Bernardo's father, Ken Bernardo, said his son doesn't recall Williams.

However, the father wasn't able to reach his son to ask whether he knew Williams by the last name he used in high school and university, or his stepfather's last name, Sovko.

"Paul said he might have run into him there but he didn't know him," Bernardo said, adding he will ask specifically if his son knew a Russ Sovka when he speaks to him again.

Bernardo said they didn't discuss the unsolved crimes in the Scarborough area around his son's crimes or whether Williams may now be suspect in them.

"We don't talk about the past," Bernardo said.

Just had dinner with the northern in laws.....Oddly enough, in discussing what little is known about the case I was told that last fall following the attacks on Cosy Cove that a member of LE informed many of the citizens within a social networking group in Tweed that a father and son had been arrested for the assaults.

Would they have planted this information in the hopes that the real perp would strike again?

Just had dinner with the northern in laws.....Oddly enough, in discussing what little is known about the case I was told that last fall following the attacks on Cosy Cove that a member of LE informed many of the citizens within a social networking group in Tweed that a father and son had been arrested for the assaults.

Would they have planted this information in the hopes that the real perp would strike again?

This is just my opinion, but I strongly doubt LE would do something like that. I don't believe they would in any way want the perp to strike again, nor does it sound like a solid plan. Either that member of LE was mistaken, or they did arrest the father and son, only to later learn that they were innocent and then released them. I'm guessing here.

JMO

This is just my opinion, but I strongly doubt LE would do something like that. I don't believe they would in any way want the perp to strike again, nor does it sound like a solid plan. Either that member of LE was mistaken, or they did arrest the father and son, only to later learn that they were innocent and then released them. I'm guessing here.

JMO
It could be that a father and son were suspects??? I'm not sure that this would have been a "strategy" to get more information but I must admit, that the questioning of RW's immediate neighbor created a similar suspicion for me...Maybe they had information that lead them to RW and they focused on the neighbor in an effort to evoke a reaction from RW. I've wondered about that as a possible strategy. (Poor neighbor.)

MOO

I am curious to see what the answer to this is- she has just returned home from her southern trip and will not be returning to her social group until after she reads all of the papers that were saved. I just found it odd that this group would have been told that arrests had been made- but then again it is a group that works with the local woman's shelter....I dunno. Maybe they did arrest and then realized they couldn't pin it on them, maybe they didn't arrest but questioned two men. But it seems strange that they were given this information by an OPP officer.

It has been over a month since we've heard anything new from the media...

It has been over a month since we've heard anything new from the media...

I do wonder if LE has thoroughly examined various sorts of social networking for traces of the accused in this case.

Don't give up hope about the media quite yet. Over at another case, they suddenly re-kindled their interest two months later, in time for a visit by a missing person's siblings from overseas.

I do wonder if LE has thoroughly examined various sorts of social networking for traces of the accused in this case.

Don't give up hope about the media quite yet. Over at another case, they suddenly re-kindled their interest two months later, in time for a visit by a missing person's siblings from overseas.

In the pics where LE was removing evidence from RW's house, there was at least one large box marked "E-Crimes" (may have been 2, but I don't know where the pics are right now, so can't say for sure). Still have to wonder if there are some computers at the base that would yield evidence of that sort.

I hope the reason it is all so quiet is that the prosecution is trying not to give any weight to Mr. Edelsen's sabre-rattling about media coverage with regards to fair trial, yada yada.

In the pics where LE was removing evidence from RW's house, there was at least one large box marked "E-Crimes" (may have been 2, but I don't know where the pics are right now, so can't say for sure). Still have to wonder if there are some computers at the base that would yield evidence of that sort.

I hope the reason it is all so quiet is that the prosecution is trying not to give any weight to Mr. Edelsen's sabre-rattling about media coverage with regards to fair trial, yada yada.

I hope, like you, that they are trying to do everything possible to ensure a proper trial...I would hate to think that they're doing another half-azzed deal like they did with Homolka. Then, as now, everything went completely silent, until it was done. She's out. She's had a baby and is living who knows where! For shame.

MO

Tomorrow is a big day, as they prepare for another appearance in court. About time.

Tomorrow is a big day, as they prepare for another appearance in court. About time.

I suspect it will just be another remand into custody with his counsel saying that they have either not received all disclosure from the Crown, or haven't been able to go through all the disclosure yet, and another date for a court appearance will be set for next month. Hope I am wrong however, and we actually get new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500