Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Deborah Rashette is on that list. Glad good old fashioned police work caught him. Scary to think how many more would fall victim to him. I sure hope Deborah is found safe.

Just wanted to point out something interesting about Glenda Morrisseau being a potential victim of RW when he was stationed in Manitoba. Since Glenda's death, her niece Kelly Morrisseau, 7 mos pregnant, was killed in Gatineau Dec 10, 2006 and now 15 y.o. Tanis Michelle Morrisseau (cousin, niece? of Glenda) has been missing from Ottawa since Jan 5, 2010.

Given RW's possible connection to Glenda's death in Manitoba, it is a very strange coincidence that two other relatives of hers would become victims in areas where RW has lived.

I think that I am going to buy a piece of property way out in the middle of nowhere and build my own village. This is INSANE.

Can you imagine...After all of the news surrounding murders in the area....

"One neighbour who arrived at the scene in tears told Global News that his daughter had spent the night at the Hannah's on Thursday for a sleepover, and that she hid in the closet at the time of the triple shooting."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2675341#ixzz0i1EUQP9d
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

I can't agree with you more pink. I grew up in this area. Hitchhiking was one of my main modes of transportation. I have NEVER locked my doors my entire life. All of this stuff has shaken the core of my being. These recent attacks are all just innocent people, in their own homes, minding their own business. I would never have thought twice about picking up someone standing beside their car in the early morning in just a t-shirt. A good Samaritan act. These two woman could have easily been included in the fatalities.
http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/03/13/13220616.html

Thanks for posting about this flipflop. I missed the show but did manage to see a bit of the program on their website:

http://news.globaltv.com/programs/16x9/index.html

Interesting. They interviewed the neighbor who was considered a suspect at one point, and he comes of as being very normal and credible (unlike the impression given in the printed media that makes him sound a bit flakey.) A couple of new "tidbits". One, that RW's wife MEH is 52 (6 years older than him), the other - that one of the victims of the "home invasions" (yuck-I hate that term for a RAPE) had actually met him at a Christmas party prior to the rape. Also - that the suspected neighbor had asked about RW and that the investigators had indicated that given his position, he was unlikely to be questioned.

Lots to think about here...

WOW, just watched the link you provided. Interesting to note that everyone on Cozy Lane was questioned after the break in/rapes EXCEPT for RW, as LE said he wasn't there often and he was of high authority....HELLO anyone can commit crimes, just makes you wonder if he was questioned if LE would have picked up on anything, if so this could have saved a few lives. This makes me sick that people who hold "high authority" positions are not treated like the average Joe. This sure makes LE look bad, and a valuable lesson has been learned Im sure!

I was not aware until now that RW was not questioned about the home invasions when all of the other neighbours were. I was however, very happy when I heard that LE treated everyone alike when they did the roadside canvas on hwy 37 the night they matched the tire treads to RW's vehicle. I have heard on a couple of radio shows and news articles, that RW and a couple of other off-duty LE people had been stopped that night. I was pleased at the time to hear that they did not just wave them through, or consider them above reproach. If that were the case who knows how long this could have continued

I was not aware until now that RW was not questioned about the home invasions when all of the other neighbours were. I was however, very happy when I heard that LE treated everyone alike when they did the roadside canvas on hwy 37 the night they matched the tire treads to RW's vehicle. I have heard on a couple of radio shows and news articles, that RW and a couple of other off-duty LE people had been stopped that night. I was pleased at the time to hear that they did not just wave them through, or consider them above reproach. If that were the case who knows how long this could have continued

Could it be that the local police showed favouritism to RW because of his position? And that it wasn't until they called in the Psychological Profilers that they were instructed to show no favouritism. This seems like a local small town police oversight to me.

Could it be that the local police showed favouritism to RW because of his position?

As they state in the 16:9 segment, they did not interview RW due to his high level of authority position that he held. They caught him during the roadside stop (which was set up to look at tires) JMO...RW roles up to the check, LE is looking at tires first, realize they match, then realize who it was.

This seems like a local small town police oversight to me.

Tweed is policed by the OPP

In the media, the OPP kept describing these incidents as "home invasions" which really didn't do anything to alert the public about the fact that someone was hiding in homes and raping women. I read these reports and assumed that gangs had entered homes to loot tv's! Disgusting to know what was really happening and what transpired after their failure to correctly alert the public.

Just My Opinion.

My thoughts exactly PP.

The OPP issued its first news release on the home invasions in Tweed after the second attack on Sept. 30, a week after the first attack. After Comeau was killed, neighbours say the police told them it was an isolated incident and there were no public safety concerns
Both Comeau's slaying and the sexual assaults, however, were documented on a data system that links similarities between violent crimes from different jurisdictions, said OPP Sgt. Kristine Rae

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/763102--police-say-russell-williams-arrest-a-team-effort

I just finished watching 16:9 that just aired on TV. I really feel for the neighbour who was hauled in and questioned for the home invasions, especially when he found out that RW was not questioned when everyone else was, due to the position that RW held. Awhile ago someone on here posted that the neighbour was in the media for his 5 min of fame....If I was the neighbour, I would be shouting from the roof tops about this. Just because the rest of the neighbourhood didnt hold high profile jobs - they were questioned!?!? And RW walks freely and not questioned.

I just finished watching 16:9 that just aired on TV. I really feel for the neighbour who was hauled in and questioned for the home invasions, especially when he found out that RW was not questioned when everyone else was, due to the position that RW held. Awhile ago someone on here posted that the neighbour was in the media for his 5 min of fame....If I was the neighbour, I would be shouting from the roof tops about this. Just because the rest of the neighbourhood didnt hold high profile jobs - they were questioned!?!? And RW walks freely and not questioned.

I'm sure this contributed to the arrogance he needed to continue without fear of being caught. He was "considerate" enough to leave a cigarette and lighter for the lady after the sexual assault yet murdered the next two woman. It keeps rolling around in my head......did he escalate to murder?.......or did he change his MO depending on the circumstances? Could it have been that he just thought that if the two women were found murdered that close to his home that there would be a more intense investigation, but just couldn't resist some type of "sick" fulfillment

Could it be that the local police showed favouritism to RW because of his position?

As they state in the 16:9 segment, they did not interview RW due to his high level of authority position that he held. They caught him during the roadside stop (which was set up to look at tires) JMO...RW roles up to the check, LE is looking at tires first, realize they match, then realize who it was.

This seems like a local small town police oversight to me.

Tweed is policed by the OPP

I look at "small town" in a different way. Didn't the local LE summon the Lieutenant-Colonel to pick up a cheque which was to be donated to a fund for the families of soldiers? This was the proceeds of a golf tournament, if memory serves me correctly. I believe a cheque presentation photo appeared in The Contact?

So, in small towns everyone socializes with everyone. People might hesitate to think that a friend or acquaintance could be a criminal. And that is why police forces like the RCMP had a policy about moving officers to new assignments on a regular basis.

I feel sorry for that neighbour also--and I believe that he was correct when he suspected RW of trying to frame him. (Neighbour's garage broken into and things stolen, also RW had inquired about his hunting camp--JL body was apparently found in close proximity to that camp)

I look at "small town" in a different way. Didn't the local LE summon the Lieutenant-Colonel to pick up a cheque which was to be donated to a fund for the families of soldiers? This was the proceeds of a golf tournament, if memory serves me correctly. I believe a cheque presentation photo appeared in The Contact?

So, in small towns everyone socializes with everyone. People might hesitate to think that a friend or acquaintance could be a criminal. And that is why police forces like the RCMP had a policy about moving officers to new assignments on a regular basis.

Although in Tweed, the OPP questioned a long time resident of the town and everyone knew him. They didn't question RW--because of his position and no one really knew him as he was new to town.

:furious:
Let me put it this way: good ole boys and an authority figure. Mr. Jones was not a current authority figure.

That is true. I feel sorry for Mr. J. What a neighbour RW turned out to be! You can tell by listening to and watching Mr. J in that video clip that he is stilled devastated by everything and not just for himself (he was a victim too) but for the young women involved.

Sad how one creep like RW can cause such a devastation on so many people.

...and...THIS is the sooouunnnd...of silence...

Well, after the "free for all", easily available information...Imagine! The CANADIAN media has gone completely silent! Nothing. Rien! In days and days and days! You'd think they could haul their arzes off their chairs to follow up on (pretty much anything) something. Nope. Nothing. No "new" news now for over a month. I guess they're all waiting for the press releases.

JMO

August 15, 1989, Bernardo committed his eighth rape, against a 22-year-old woman. He had stalked her the previous night from outside the window of her apartment and waited for her to arrive home. This particularly vicious attack lasted two hours

By the time Bernardo attended University of Toronto Scarborough, he had developed dark sexual fantasies, enjoyed humiliating women in public and beat up the women he dated.[4]
Bernardo and his friends practised their techniques on young women they met in bars, and were fairly successful

I really have to wonder if PB and RW were buds in University...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bernardo#Other_potential_or_possible_victims

August 15, 1989, Bernardo committed his eighth rape, against a 22-year-old woman. He had stalked her the previous night from outside the window of her apartment and waited for her to arrive home. This particularly vicious attack lasted two hours

By the time Bernardo attended University of Toronto Scarborough, he had developed dark sexual fantasies, enjoyed humiliating women in public and beat up the women he dated.[4]
Bernardo and his friends practised their techniques on young women they met in bars, and were fairly successful

Thanks FF, this intrigued me so I went to the page to see what these so called "techniques" were.

No disrespect FF, the whole paragraph reads:

"Bernardo graduated from Sir Wilfrid Laurier Collegiate Institute, opting to work for Amway, whose sales culture had a deep effect on him. "He bought the books and tapes of famous motivational get-rich-and-famous experts".[5] Bernardo and his friends practised their techniques on young women they met in bars, and were fairly successful.[4] By the time Bernardo attended University of Toronto Scarborough, he had developed dark sexual fantasies, enjoyed humiliating women in public and beat up the women he dated.[4]"

I am inclined to think this piece refers to "techniques" learned from get-rich-and-famous experts PB and his friends were practising, or at least I hope this is what they mean.

If it is true and there was a group of "his friends" involved way back, then LE should be hauling KH back to Canada and sitting her under a white light because I bet that she would know of the gang and their activities.

"According to Paul Bernardo’s father, Ken, Bernardo did not know Williams when he was in school. He said that Bernardo may have passed by him on campus, but they certainly did not know each other personally."

http://www.ecanadanow.com/canada/20...liams-pals-with-paul-bernardo/comment-page-1/

Either PB has a lousy memory, or he really didn't know RW at the time. I can think of no reason why he would lie about it if they had been friends. On the contrary, I'd suspect PB would be more than happy to pass some suspicion onto someone other than himself if given the opportunity.

From what I know about PB (and I've read all the news stories and a couple of books) and what we've been told about RW, they just didn't seem to be the same type socially. PB was a sociable, extroverted slacker and RW seems to have been an introverted nerd with few social skills. Those two different personality types don't usually mix at that age.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member