GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "break and enter with the intent to commit an indictable offence"?

Would this be a B&E where he went in intending to steal something, but heard someone so he had to dash? i.e. a B&E with an attempted theft?...or is it something more serious?

BBM.

"Sgt. Kristine Rae of the OPP said she could not expand on the "intent to commit an indictable offence" charges noting there are a number of things under the Criminal Code that are considered an indictable offence. Due to the fact the investigation is ongoing, she said, she could not reveal what that offences are."

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2556574

What is "break and enter with the intent to commit an indictable offence"?

Would this be a B&E where he went in intending to steal something, but heard someone so he had to dash? i.e. a B&E with an attempted theft?...or is it something more serious?

quote by Pink Panther:

BBM.

A B&E with the intent to sexually assault someone or murder someone would be considered an indictable offence. Theft would be considered, depending on the dollar amount.

Other examples of indictable offences are: Treason, drunk driving causing death, piracy.

An indictable offence is more serious than a summary conviction offence and it carries a lengthy maximum sentence. The accused is also allowed to elect to be tried by a higher court by judge and jury or judge alone.

HTH

A B&E with the intent to sexually assault someone or murder someone would be considered an indictable offence. Theft would be considered, depending on the dollar amount.

Other examples of indictable offences are: Treason, drunk driving causing death, piracy.

An indictable offence is more serious than a summary conviction offence and it carries a lengthy maximum sentence. The accused is also allowed to elect to be tried by a higher court by judge and jury or judge alone.

HTH

Legalese is so confusing! How would anyone know what the "intent" was if he wasn't caught? If someone were apprehended during a B&E carrying duct tape, a gun, and a camera, I guess a case could be made that sexual assault or murder may have been the "intent". But unless he was caught at the time, or later confessed to this "intent", how could anyone determine or charge him for such? I'd really like to understand this.

"This accused killer was [allegedly] in these homes — all these homes! That's just unbelievable," she said, adding that she doesn't know how police failed to connect the cases.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/sto...sell-williams-police-tweed.html#ixzz0mXUNCDtj

No wonder this guy felt impermeable and above reproach. How could this be?
Are there so many panty thefts in all of our communities that they were not alarmed
and alerted to the two areas that were being hit and cross reference individuals who
could be residing or connected to both areas? This just astounds me and nauseates me
at the same time.

Let's add it up.

RW confessed to the "obvious" major crimes as soon as he was caught.

He recognized that life was over as he knew it. His respect as a career army officer was gone. His wife and personal life was gone. His secret twisted life was gone. None of these were recoverable. What was left for a 'perfectionist'?

Since then he has tried to end his life. He has indicated that he will plead guilty to the higest level charge, with the highest possible legal penalty. He is avoiding appearing at trial at all costs. He has eliminated any reason why other charges will be brought against him. (afterall he is already accepting the highest punishment....what else can they hope to accomplish?) He has no intention of seeing his incarceration out. He will not see people looking down at him. He will end his life.

This does not bode well for the motivation for LE to engage in significant further investigations. I don't believe that they will have RW's cooperation on further possible cases. He is just trying to 'end things'.

Unfortunately I believe that this means that we will never know the extent of the crimes he committed. :banghead:

The path of an alleged predator

a35e7bfd48319c1aade81ba983f8.jpeg

there was and article with the option to select "Fullscreen", but seems it has been updated and they removed it, or I can't find it :(
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/802107--col-williams-charged-in-dozens-of-break-ins?bn=1#article

Legalese is so confusing! How would anyone know what the "intent" was if he wasn't caught? If someone were apprehended during a B&E carrying duct tape, a gun, and a camera, I guess a case could be made that sexual assault or murder may have been the "intent". But unless he was caught at the time, or later confessed to this "intent", how could anyone determine or charge him for such? I'd really like to understand this.
NBG: Would leaving someone for dead be considered "with the intent to commit an indictable offence "? There is this particular case that I have in mind, in which the victim was found barely alive. Nobody was looking for her, she was lucky her "hero(s)" just happened to stumble upon her.
This case has not yet been talked about in the media in connection to RW, and could very well be solved by now; however, AFAIK they never said if she recovered completely nor any further details of what happened. Will have to do some research and see if I can find something about it.

IMO and this is just MOO, LE is starting with the lesser charges. They have stated the investigation is ongoing, and they are investigating cold cases.

It sounds like he had a very detailed filing system with his thefts; possibly including dates and locations attached to what was stolen! If the charges laid so far only date back to 2006 or 2007 (I have seen both dates listed in articles), perhaps he has other "filing systems" (dating further back) that he has stored elsewhere outside of his home??? I do believe that he had a place to stay at the base as well and he may have rented storage space or other locations as well. Just a thought...

NBG: Would leaving someone for dead be considered "with the intent to commit an indictable offence "? There is this particular case that I have in mind, in which the victim was found barely alive. Nobody was looking for her, she was lucky her "hero(s)" just happened to stumble upon her.
This case has not yet been talked about in the media in connection to RW, and could very well be solved by now; however, AFAIK they never said if she recovered completely nor any further details of what happened. Will have to do some research and see if I can find something about it.

IMO and this is just MOO, LE is starting with the lesser charges. They have stated the investigation is ongoing, and they are investigating cold cases.

Hazel, leaving someone for dead would be an indictable offence and likely the accused could be charged with attempted murder, which can carry a life sentence. HTH

It sounds like he had a very detailed filing system with his thefts; possibly including dates and locations attached to what was stolen! If the charges laid so far only date back to 2006 or 2007 (I have seen both dates listed in articles), perhaps he has other "filing systems" (dating further back) that he has stored elsewhere outside of his home??? I do believe that he had a place to stay at the base as well and he may have rented storage space or other locations as well. Just a thought...

I suspect that the deatiled filing system is from from his military background.

My grandfather was in the army and I have never seen anyone with a more detailed system - he could find whatever he was looking for within a matter of seconds.

This is how I picture the situation - completely guesswork on my part. I'm basing it on info provided so far by the media, i.e. that RW kept meticulous records, perhaps to the point of having OCD, the sheer number of charges yesterday, and the fact that some of the residents were not even aware of break-ins until told by LE.

I think that RW kept at least two data bases on his computer. One would contain the addresses of places he was staking out in advance of actually breaking into them. He might include descriptions of the female inhabitants of these homes and records of their comings and goings, trying to establish possible safe entry dates and times.

He would then enter the homes when he felt they were unoccupied, ransack them, and steal his trophies. I believe he would do this in darkness, with the cover of being out for a jog.

He may have stored each piece of underwear (or whatever) in individual zip-lock bags, labeling them with code numbers. Then he would enter those code numbers either in the one existing data base, or have a second one, where he would list the addresses they were obtained from, the date, and possibly other details.

There's no way he could have retained this number of crimes in his memory. I think LE found these data bases on his hard drive and then took these past few weeks to interview the residents and verify the information.

I found it interesting that today's Star article listed "granny pants" and sex toys as some of the items stolen. Until now, I had envisioned that he targeted pretty, lacy panties and bras from attractive young women. Apparently, he wasn't that discriminating. His fetish is not in the appearance of these articles. I suspect the man is a "sniffer" (sorry!) - if possible, even more perverted than I had imagined.

I apologize to the sensitive for the explicit nature of my speculations and assure you that I'm as disgusted as you are. All of it is MOO.

Col. Williams, who did not enter a plea, requested that the charges not be read out in the packed courtroom. He did not give a reason.

The judge complied with the request.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2965178#ixzz0mVSMb8U7

Ugggh! Why would the judge comply with his wishes....somethings in life just do not seem fair!
Cause he's Canadian? And he's nice?

All kidding aside, it may haven taken alot of the courts time to read out all the charges and the court isn't there, at this stage, to just do so to shame the perp, even if it would have been the right thing to do. According to you and I, anyways...;)

btw...I'm Canadian, too :)

Too bad the police here, in my town, Ottawa, didn't catch him sooner. Maybe those girls wouldn't have died.

They were trying to solve this investigation without scaring people," she said. "They weren't getting it [the information] out. This was a serious thing … I feel that they've let a lot of people down. I feel a lot of things could have been prevented."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/sto...sell-williams-police-tweed.html#ixzz0mcB8TDEA

I really feel for this poor womman that became a victim of RW on Sept 30th. I cannot imagine how she is feeling now that she knows it was RW and how huge this case has become.
I also cannot believe the LE statements that they made regarding "they didn't want to scare the public". Would it not have been better to scare someone with this knowledge, then to have more victims of RW who are either dead or alive. With the public having knowledge of the # of B/E's and panty thefts, it would have made women living alone more alert and careful, it also would have made the communities more observant to who is in the neighbourhood. After looking at those maps, Im sure the people living on Cosy Lane and surrounding area would have REALLY appreciated having the scare put on them as oppsed to having more victims.
LE did a good job catching this monster, however, I feel they should have spoke up and put the scare to the public to keep everyone alert. Perhaps this could have prevented a couple deaths/rapes along the way.

Sex assault victim offers forgiveness
Last Updated: April 29, 2010 7:40pm
Often, when a bad guy pleads out, the victims are left feeling incomplete. Not this Tweed mom.

“Actually, I’m relieved. He’s doing the right thing.

“He did a wrong and he’s going to pay.”

You mean, you forgive him?

There’s a long, long pause.

“It’s not up to me,” she says. “But, yes, I forgive him for what he did to me.”

And maybe, she says, a plea will even shine light on any other dark secrets in Col. Williams’ past.

What do you feel, when you see him on TV or the papers? Hate? Fear? Loathing?

“Pity,” she says.

“I just want to move on, Mike. You know, I asked him that night, near the end, ‘why are you doing this?’

“And he said, ‘it has to be done so I can move on with my life and you can move on with yours.’

“Well, now, I guess I really can move on with my life.”

But if the case went to trial, you could face him. You could have your say.

“I already talked to that guy for 2 1/2 hours. I don’t want to talk to him any more.”
RS&BBM

read more: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2010/04/29/13768851-qmi.html

Sex assault victim offers forgiveness
Last Updated: April 29, 2010 7:40pm
RS&BBM

read more: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2010/04/29/13768851-qmi.html

“I just want to move on, Mike. You know, I asked him that night, near the end, ‘why are you doing this?’ “And he said, ‘it has to be done so I can move on with my life and you can move on with yours.

"It has to be done so I can move on with my life"

Was he taking revenge out on "women" because of his mother, or his ex girlfriend from back in his college days, or some other female who hurt him? Or was it to fullfill his deviant sexual needs??? Whats everyones thoughts on why he stated this???

This next statement from the same article caught my eye:

The break-ins were among the 82 new B&E charges dropped on Williams on Wednesday — even as he reportedly struck an agreement in principle on a plea bargain

??? I wonder what this means?

The more I read that article, the more P.O.'d I got. The victim had to hear the details of her own break in's from a reporter that was interviewing her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon