Found Deceased Canada - Marie Stuart, 38, pregnant, Abbotsford, BC, 27 Dec 2016

On CTV news this morning Const. Ian MacDonald said there are 150,000 people in Abbotsford & every year they deal with about 550 missing person cases.

He also said business security footage obtained so far 'falls in line' with DH's story. They need to figure out what happened after the bus, they don't know where she went after that. According to the husband she was agitated over missing the first bus.

So they think she really was on the bus? That's good... She may have just taken off to be alone for a while. The weather has been cold so hopefully she had enough money on her to go to a hotel... And isn't just wandering the streets.

I just had a quick Google and Abbotsford has quite a population of homeless people, maybe some of them are looking after her or maybe she has found her way to a homeless shelter.

I could be completely wrong, but reading between the lines I get the impression that she and hubby may have learning difficulties or autistic spectrum disorders or similar... Which would make her vulnerable but would also explain why hubby's story sounds off.

"...in a bit of a state..."

What ? What's that supposed to mean ? Did they have an argument ?
Were they both playing PG on his phone ?

Abbotsford is a unique place...the focal point of the area are the federal correctional facilities (3 I believe) - huge employers, and of course means there are many "half way houses" and similar populations and programs. Not placing any moral tones in that, just saying it contributes to the local culture.

MacDonald said investigators corroborated Schellenberg’s story, including reviewing security video that showed him and his wife going in separate directions after leaving the bus.

MacDonald said police have received several tips since releasing information on Wednesday about Stuart’s disappearance.

He said reports have come in that someone resembling Stuart has been seen in Mission, Langley and near the Cole Road rest stop in Abbotsford, but none have panned out.

http://www.abbynews.com/news/408813155.html?mobile=true

Also snipped...
...MacDonald said one of the problems is that people are making these calls some time after the supposed sighting, but when police arrive at the locations, no one resembling Stuart is there.

He said anyone who spots someone they believe is Stuart should call 911 right away.

MacDonald said Stuart’s immediate family members, including her parents, have not heard from her, but police are hopeful that she is staying with a friend.

...Stuart is not active on social and does not watch television, and might not be aware that so much attention has been focused on her disappearance, MacDonald said.

He said Stuart has a wide circle of friends, many of whom she knows from church.

Where are you Marie???

:candle:

I'm 36 and pregnant - the last thing I would want is to be away from
My family. I pray that she's voluntarily missing - staying with a friend and unaware of the search for her - because it breaks my heart to imagine other scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 36 and pregnant - the last thing I would want is to be away from
My family. I pray that she's voluntarily missing - staying with a friend and unaware of the search for her - because it breaks my heart to imagine other scenarios.

Congratulations on your pregnancy just think pleasant thoughts, this is such a special time!
Hopefully this missing woman will be found safe, sound and soon.

Congratulations on your pregnancy just think pleasant thoughts, this is such a special time!
Hopefully this missing woman will be found safe, sound and soon.

Thank you so much. I also hope she comes home safe - I find this case somewhat perplexing.

Marie was a friend of my daughter's all through high school.She's quite smart and went to university.I don't know her husband.Marie was very close to her mother and I could not imagine her not contacting her mother no matter what was going on.We're very concerned!

:welcome6: Kelglenn

Thanks for joining us.

We are all hopeful Marie will be found safe & sound; for that to happen today (any minute now) would not be too soon!!!

Marie was a friend of my daughter's all through high school.She's quite smart and went to university.I don't know her husband.Marie was very close to her mother and I could not imagine her not contacting her mother no matter what was going on.We're very concerned!

Welcome to Ws Kelglenn!
Glad you joined us, but sorry about the circumstances that brought you here, hoping for a good outcome and Marie is returned home soon.

We are very worried!Thanks for the concern.
The Marie we know has travelled overseas several times, was smart and more than anything she wanted to be a mother,this was her first pregnancy.
It bothers me how she has been portrayed on the news at times,like she is some mentally incompetent hormonal basket case.I think a lot is going on behind the scenes and I always believe the truth will out.

http://www.abbynews.com/news/409529955.html
attachment.php

[h=1]Marie Stuart of Abbotsford still missing after one week[/h]
updated Jan 3, 2017 at 10:04 AM Abbotsford Police are continuing their appeal to find Marie Stuart, who was reported missing a week ago.
MacDonald said Stuart, 38, has many friends in Abbotsford, and police remain hopeful that she is staying with one of them and, for whatever reason, does not want to be found.

But police need to know that she is safe, MacDonald said.
“We just want to support her … We just need to know she is OK,” he said.
MacDonald said police have exhausted their search efforts and now are focused on following up on tips.
Anyone with information is asked to contact that Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225, text abbypd (222973) or call 911 for an immediate sighting of Stuart.

Attachments

• 49509abbotsfordMissionwomanMarieStuart2.jpg
    49509abbotsfordMissionwomanMarieStuart2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 552
She's been gone too long. Something is wrong here.
I would be inclined to double check the husband's story ... even though police have confirmed that they got off the bus and whatever. The question is what happened next? Did they return home, and something happened at that point?

She's been gone too long. Something is wrong here.
I would be inclined to double check the husband's story ... even though police have confirmed that they got off the bus and whatever. The question is what happened next? Did they return home, and something happened at that point?

I've thought that as well. The
husband's story seems off to me.

Kinda sounds to me like they had some sort of squabble while they were playing PG.

I've thought that as well. The
husband's story seems off to me.

Although I haven't followed this story closely, I understand that police have confirmed that they got off the bus close to home, and that they parted ways. If she didn't have a cell phone, she wasn't playing the augmented reality game. I would assume that she went home after they parted ways. He probably did too.

How long after they got off the bus did he report her missing? Do they have a car? Could he have done something to her between the time that they got off the bus and the time that he reported her missing? Do they live in a detached home, or in a complex where there is video surveillance?

Although I haven't followed this story closely, I understand that police have confirmed that they got off the bus close to home, and that they parted ways. If she didn't have a cell phone, she wasn't playing the augmented reality game. I would assume that she went home after they parted ways. He probably did too.

How long after they got off the bus did he report her missing? Do they have a car? Could he have done something to her between the time that they got off the bus and the time that he reported her missing? Do they live in a detached home, or in a complex where there is video surveillance?
Husband does not seem confident that MS is happy about first pregnancy, thinks that she might just wander, has MS done that in the past? imo, speculation.
[video=youtube;SELod3NoBM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SELod3NoBM4[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back