Found Deceased Canada - Marie Stuart, 38, pregnant, Abbotsford, BC, 27 Dec 2016

Something is definitely off here. My hinky meter went off from the first post.

Husband does not seem confident that MS is happy about first pregnancy, thinks that she might just wander, has MS done that in the past? imo, speculation.

If this is about the pregnancy, perhaps she has terminated the pregnancy and doesn't want to deal with the reactions of others to her decision. I have to wonder why she didn't terminate early in the pregnancy if it's not something that works with her life and lifestyle.

If this is about the pregnancy, perhaps she has terminated the pregnancy and doesn't want to deal with the reactions of others to her decision. I have to wonder why she didn't terminate early in the pregnancy if it's not something that works with her life and lifestyle.

Not suggesting this scenario is the case here, but sometimes, an expectant female might learn of a problem but receive that news a little late....
speculation, imo

Not suggesting this scenario is the case here, but sometimes, an expectant female might learn of a problem but receive that news a little late....
speculation, imo

Isn't abortion legal in Canada without a restriction on number of weeks gestation - especially in the case where there is a fetal abnormality? If there was an abnormality, I don't think anyone would blame a mother for terminating a pregnancy.

It might be that he wasn't crazy about the pregnancy, which would naturally influence how she felt about it.

So they missed a bus, took another bus that let them off near a shopping center. There's video showing them going in opposite directions after getting off the bus.

Why did they go in opposite directions? Why not walk home together? The husband said she was "in a state" - does that imply they had an argument prior to getting off the bus?

Which one of them got off the bus and headed toward their house, versus away from it?

Husband does not seem confident that MS is happy about first pregnancy, thinks that she might just wander, has MS done that in the past? imo, speculation.
[video=youtube;SELod3NoBM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SELod3NoBM4[/video]

It doesn't sound like she was in the habit of wandering off...

:bump:

Snipped...
......“This 38-year-old woman does not have a history of taking off,” MacDonald said. “Or being missing.”

“At this point we’re very concerned and the family is very concerned.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/3152912/search-for-missing-pregnant-woman-enters-3rd-day-in-abbotsford/

Although I haven't followed this story closely, I understand that police have confirmed that they got off the bus close to home, and that they parted ways. If she didn't have a cell phone, she wasn't playing the augmented reality game. I would assume that she went home after they parted ways. He probably did too.

How long after they got off the bus did he report her missing? Do they have a car? Could he have done something to her between the time that they got off the bus and the time that he reported her missing? Do they live in a detached home, or in a complex where there is video surveillance?

bbm - I think it was said earlier in the thread that he waited about an hour? Not long enough imo to harm her and hide the body. I don't think the husband is involved in her disappearance, at least not directly. But it does sound like they had an argument, and maybe that's why she left. It's been 10 days, maybe she decided to leave him. I hope so anyway, for her and for her little one, that they are safe somewhere.

bbm - I think it was said earlier in the thread that he waited about an hour? Not long enough imo to harm her and hide the body. I don't think the husband is involved in her disappearance, at least not directly. But it does sound like they had an argument, and maybe that's why she left. It's been 10 days, maybe she decided to leave him. I hope so anyway, for her and for her little one, that they are safe somewhere.

If she decided to leave him, 10 days should be enough for her to contact her mom, or a friend, and at the very least let people know that she's okay and just needs time. The silence could mean a suicide.

This one feels hinky, but not high on my meter. My theory is they missed the first bus home and she just wanted to go home. From the second bus they got off at a mall to play Pokemon Go. I think it's very likely he was the one who wanted to get off at that spot and she got angry and just headed home. Who knows after that, but I don't think he harmed her. I should watch his media video I guess. I'll wait on more information on who went in what direction and where they were coming from.

Edit - somewhere up there ^ it was said by LE that she was "highly recognizable" in the area. I wondered what that meant. LSS has posted an image on his FB that looks like video footage they found of her that day. She's wearing a winter hat that looks like a lions head or something and has long braided ties with pompoms on the end.

It is odd, but not odd enough for me to think murder.
I agree, an argument seems the most likely, or at the very least, a disagreement about what they were going to do when they got off the bus. Otherwise, surely , the reporting would just say what they had planned - ie: MS was going to a store, he was going to walk home, that kind of thing.

I have found his comments a little odd, asking people to watch out for her and make sure she doesnt slip on the ice !! I mean, if it were my partner I would be saying please let me and the police know if you see her. But that may just be his state of mind, being very worried about her.

I hope she is with a friend, and not the alternative.

Her husband last saw her at 3:00 pm, most likely after a disagreement on the bus, got off and they went in different directions as per the camera at the bus stop.

An hour later - at 4:00 pm, her husband reports her as missing.

My hickey meter is WAY up - IF I had a tiff with my DH and decided to teach him a lesson or let him sweat a little bit, I would go spend time at the mall (which is right there) maybe even have supper out before going back home. I would be furious if within an hour of last seeing me he had reported me missing. It's has if knew she wasn't coming back.

Has anyone come across the image of her from surveillance video in MSM? I don't think we're allowed to link from his FB page.

Sounds to me like perhaps pregnancy hormones were taking their toll and she was easily agitated, and they had got in to a row, causing them to part ways, especially since he says "please make sure she doesn't slip on the ice". Makes me think he has an idea that she has needed to have some time away and is with a friend who will cover for her and he is appealing to them? x

Scroll down to the last comment from her husband on this article - he says they both had a phone but he was holding hers because she had gloves on, when he lost her..

http://www.missioncityrecord.com/news/409529955.html

RSBM

Hmmm... Makes my hinky meter raise a bit higher. Any other reason he'd have her phone ?

Otoh ; she seems to be a bit of a transient , so maybe she is just letting him sweat it out .
As if to 'punish' him ?
Strange case.
Hopefully she's just with a friend somewhere.

So Marie thinks outside the box, has an analytical mind and will or will not shy away from conflict to prevent death either physically or spiritually?

I don't know what to make of that as of yet.

Why would you report someone missing after 1 hour? That's the part that gets me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back