CANADA Canada - Mekayla Bali, aka M Niebergall, 16, Yorkton, Saskatchewan, 12 April 2016

:Snippet:

"Over the years, we’ve remained committed to searching areas where Mekayla was believed to be travelling and have followed up on over 1,000 tips we received from the public to date, with no confirmed sightings,” the statement read.

'It feels like yesterday': Vigil marks 7 years since disappearance of Mekayla Bali

I've spent the last couple hours reading the 16 pages of thread on this case and my whole outlook has changed. IMHO, she clearly had somewhat of a jekyll/hyde complex with behavior choices. Maybe she did smoke weed? Possibly try other drugs? Communicate with unknown men online? By the sounds of it though, her mom had no idea, whatsoever. Not a judgment, just an observation.

:Snippet:

"Over the years, we’ve remained committed to searching areas where Mekayla was believed to be travelling and have followed up on over 1,000 tips we received from the public to date, with no confirmed sightings,” the statement read.

'It feels like yesterday': Vigil marks 7 years since disappearance of Mekayla Bali

I've spent the last couple hours reading the 16 pages of thread on this case and my whole outlook has changed. IMHO, she clearly had somewhat of a jekyll/hyde complex with behavior choices. Maybe she did smoke weed? Possibly try other drugs? Communicate with unknown men online? By the sounds of it though, her mom had no idea, whatsoever. Not a judgment, just an observation.
It would be nice to know what law enforcement knows, but it's better that we don't since it's an ongoing investigation. Honestly, I don't think the drug aspect is related to the case; I think she was most likely attempting to impress her friends like most teenagers do.

This was my original theory: She was chatting with a predator—perhaps somebody she initially met on Tumblr—and from there he established a line of chat that would be difficult to trace. Since he's virtually a stranger, he wouldn't be familiar with her area, which would explain her constantly changing movements. She was likely texting him nonstop in an attempt to direct him to her exact area. And eventually, they met...

... But then I looked at all the tiny details and felt that my theory looked weak. It's difficult to predict the thoughts and actions of a complete stranger since human beings are incredibly complex, especially at 16. To this day, I remain completely baffled.

This case and the Faith Hedgepeth case are so much less active here than I would have thought.
Unfortunately, I don't think Mekayla is alive, even if by an unlikely chance she actually was initially trafficked or even a runaway.

The only things we can be sure of is that she was communicating with someone immediately before her disappearance and that this someone has not come forward. What was the nature of that communication and what was the aim of her skipping school, remains murky.

It is possible that the sole aim of her skipping school was to meet up with that someone and that all of her other actions revolved around that. But I would keep my mind open for the option that her initial plans (and possibly the inital plans of the person she was in contact with) might have been something totally different from "meeting up with a crush" type of theory.

Why was she so desperate to get to the bank? Why was she trying to pawn her rings? Why did she send the "I need help" text and what did she figure out following that? Why is she walking in and out of the cafe? While on the one hand she seems to maybe be desperate for money, on the other hand she is buying coffee and poutine, so it's not like she is a few dollars short of a bus ticket or something.

I'm the same age as Mekayla and remember using Kik a LOT around this time. Kik required no proof of identification so people could easily make accounts pretending to be someone else. IMO she met someone through Kik who groomed her and convinced her to hang out with them, and she tried to get money from the bank or from her rings because the person convinced her to do so. I don't think she had intentions of running away and was planning to skip school and hang out with the person. Again, just my opinion.

Jul 11, 2017
"There's not a single day that goes by that I don't pray for you. We will find you and bring you home" - Mekayla Bali's family pleas for her safe return in a new, emotional video from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

I am somewhat surprised it is not solved. It is still one of the cases that I think is solvable, there should be enough evidence.

I'm not sure if they ever can go that way, but I suspect a geo-fence search would probably show 1 unknown mobile phone moving together with her before hers is turned off, the unknown phones history would show at least where it was in the months before, if not directly name the owner.

Oh wow wish I'd found this poor girl's thread earlier, I've recently become engrossed in her case. I've always thought her biological father may have something to do with it, and I think someone helped him to help her meet up with him, and she just never came back. I heard her home life wasn't too great with her mother, and for some reason she doesn't strike me as the type to go off with a stranger somewhere.

Of course I don't know that for sure, but the nature of the case alludes to an abduction or kidnapping by a relative possibly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back