CANADA Canada - Mekayla Bali, aka M Niebergall, 16, Yorkton, Saskatchewan, 12 April 2016

Missing Sask. teen Mekayla Bali believed to be in Vancouver
October 9, 2016

Snipped...
...Mekayla’s mother Paula Bali spent one week putting up posters around Metro Vancouver after the RCMP received tips that Mekayla was in the area.

...According to police, Mekayla was last spotted at a bus depot in Yorkton where she ate lunch at a restaurant but did not buy a ticket or board a bus.

...RCMP said they have received more than 130 tips since Mekayla’s disappearance, including possible sightings.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/missing-sask-teen-mekayla-bali-believed-to-be-in-vancouver-1.3108492

:thinking:

:sigh:

Missing Sask. teen Mekayla Bali believed to be in Vancouver
October 9, 2016

Snipped...

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/missing-sask-teen-mekayla-bali-believed-to-be-in-vancouver-1.3108492

:thinking:

:sigh:

That is some weird ****! Totally changes what I think. I wonder if she was intending to board a bus and chatted someone up (flame tattoo guy?) who offered to take her for free? But did she go to metro Vancouver itself of her own free will? Canada is a pretty safe country, but a teen girl alone there screams drug addict or trafficked to me.

The part I can't figure out is how premeditated it was. If she was planning to go somewhere I think she would have left an electronic trail or her friends would know. How many teens plan to leave town without texting or using an app to tell anyone?

Unless she was escaping something, but I haven't seen any indication from MSM that her personal life included abuse.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...mekayla-bali-returns-from-vancouver-1.3798917

[h=1]Mekayla Bali's mother hangs posters in Vancouver after tip missing Sask. teen may be there[/h]
[h=3]Paula Bali followed tip that daughter Mekayla might be in B.C.[/h]

Police say she was last seen at a Yorkton bus depot where she ate lunch but did not board a bus.
paula-bali.jpg
Paula Bali, mother of missing Yorkton teen Mekayla Bali, says she believes her daughter is still alive.

Her mother headed to Vancouver for five days after RCMP received tips that Mekayla was there.
Bali said she believes her daughter is alive.
"As a mom I feel like ... I don't feel like she's gone," she said.
"I feel that she might not be safe and whatever's happened to her is not a good situation, but I haven't given up hope that she's alive."
Bali said her daughter's disappearance is baffling. She was a homebody who didn't have any substance abuse issues or mental illness, she said.

Sending prayers and thoughts of love and hope to Mekayla and her family and friends.

Hoping and praying for a safe and good end to this story.

It looks like the bus depot might be both STC and Greyhound, which means more busses/destinations. I can't seem to find a schedule of arrivals for Yorkton. That would be handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saskatchewan mom’s search for missing daughter brings her to Vancouver
October 30, 2016

Snipped...
...The long, painful search has brought Mekayla’s mom, Paula Bali, to Vancouver three times this month after the family received several promising tips she may have been spotted near Granville Street and St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver and around Metrotown in Burnaby.

“There have been tips that have very consistently been coming in from this area,” Paula told Metro.

She hopes Metro Vancouver residents can help find her daughter.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/vancou...rching-for-missing-daughter-in-vancouver.html

I just heard about this case this morning and have been reading all I can on it, the timeline is thorough but there is a lot I'd like to know, for one... I notice in the security camera photos from the bus station she seems to have her cell phone with her. Has she posted to social media since her disappearance? has anyone been in touch with her friends/family? Is there any news her cell phone status (is it still turned on?).

I just heard about this case this morning and have been reading all I can on it, the timeline is thorough but there is a lot I'd like to know, for one... I notice in the security camera photos from the bus station she seems to have her cell phone with her. Has she posted to social media since her disappearance? has anyone been in touch with her friends/family? Is there any news her cell phone status (is it still turned on?).

Welcome to Ws NightTimePod!

http://www.metronews.ca/news/vancou...rching-for-missing-daughter-in-vancouver.html
By: Matt Kieltyka Metro Published on Sun Oct 30 2016
The long, painful search has brought Mekayla’s mom, Paula Bali, to Vancouver three times this month after the family received several promising tips she may have been spotted near Granville Street and St. Paul’s Hospital in downtown Vancouver and around Metrotown in Burnaby.

“There have been tips that have very consistently been coming in from this area,” Paula told Metro.

She hopes Metro Vancouver residents can help find her daughter.

“When we went to school to pick her up and she wasn’t there, my heart fell to my shoes because this isn’t anything like my daughter has ever done before,” Paula said. “She’s had zero contact with anyone. She hasn’t contacted her friends, never used her debit card, never used her phone, has never been online as far as [police] can tell. Just nothing. It’s honestly a mystery. I need to make sure that she is OK.”
rbbm.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 00-31-van-missinggirl2contributed-copy.jpg
    00-31-van-missinggirl2contributed-copy.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 326
Dec 11 2016
By Chad Pawson
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...vastating-for-families-mekayla-bali-1.3891286
[h=1]Mom's desperate search for missing daughter too common among Vancouver's many missing[/h]
[h=3]Vancouver police say 4,500 people reported missing every year; Saskatchewan's Mekayla Bali is one of them[/h]
Paula Bali will not be celebrating Christmas this year with her family in Yorkton, Sask. She says there is no room in her life for anything other than finding her missing daughter, Mekayla.
"Right now we don't celebrate birthdays, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving. I've done nothing for Christmas because it's just too painful," she said during her fourth visit to the streets of Vancouver in the last eight months.
"I don't feel like there's anything to celebrate right now until I've found out what's happened to my daughter."

Paula Bali believes Mekayla came to Vancouver with someone else who may be influencing her decisions.

"So those are the things, as a mom, that make me feel like Mekayla was not in control of the situation and I don't really know what has happened to her," she said.
"She wasn't a kid who was anxious to leave home. She was a kid who, you know, was a homebody. She didn't party
Although she lived a clean life prior to her disappearance, Bali can't help but wonder if drugs drew Mekayla to Vancouver.

"It's absolutely terrifying, right?" she said of the possibility that her daughter could be among those in the grip of opiod abuse, which has led to a growing number of deaths in B.C., with fentanyl often a contributor.
"Because my concern is that my daughter is not originating from this province and I know that she doesn't have all of her ID with her. I would shudder to think she is a Jane Doe somewhere, right?"

I'm wondering if there are any reasons known to the family why she may be in BC besides the sightings and possible drug use. I hope a few things have been explored, such as social media history prior to, phone records prior to, whether or not she packed certain articles such as phone charger, clothes, hygiene items if she knew she was going away for a bit. Was she calling or texting anyone on the day of? I'm sure they have gone into all of this but as to my knowledge the police haven't released it. But if they did, it could tell us whether or not she went on her own free will or whether or not it was not an intentional plan. I live in BC so I keep an eye out for her a lot. Regardless, I feel a strong sadness for this case. It doesn't make any sense that a girl can just vanish so easily without there being any electronic indications of where. I wish for her safe and fast return.

I'm wondering if there are any reasons known to the family why she may be in BC besides the sightings and possible drug use.

See, this is the sticking point for me. Her mother is the one speaking about the Vancouver sightings. I feel like if they were credible, the RCMP would be speaking out more.

Because of that and the lack of online traces I lean towards her never leaving Yorkton or something tragic happening shortly after leaving the town.

See, this is the sticking point for me. Her mother is the one speaking about the Vancouver sightings. I feel like if they were credible, the RCMP would be speaking out more.

Because of that and the lack of online traces I lean towards her never leaving Yorkton or something tragic happening shortly after leaving the town.

I feel the same way. For her to possibly meet someone around a bus depot and travel all the way to BC only to be potentially spotted here doesn't make much sense. Her mother has exhasutively visited Vancouver (I think 4 visits) to spread the word and look. If it were random tips that didn't have much validity, I don't think it would make that much sense to fly out here that often, yet again we don't know the full story. Maybe the police have possibily found out out several potential locations and is going off that in conjunction with tips.

I feel at this point, they should release as much information as possible that wouldn't damage the investigation. I feel they are holding back on little details that could potentially make a large difference in the case.

I feel sightings could easily be look a likes. There are tons of girls here that could possibly match one of her looks. Her style is not uncommon unfortunately.

I wish that whatever happened, her mom finds out. It is so heartbreaking to hear of the pain she is going through especially though the holidays.

The more people talking about the case the better. It keeps her story alive, and at this point anything helps.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3123646/mom-continues-search-for-missing-saskatchewan-teen-mekayla-bali/
December 13, 2016 8:23 am

Updated: December 13, 2016 9:47 am
Mom continues search for missing Saskatchewan teen Mekayla Bali
“At this point, it’s really about following up on any information that we receive about Mekayla,” Paula said in a phone interview with Global News.

“It seems to be locating from this area (Vancouver), so I just continue to keep searching and hope that I will locate her.”
“We’re a really close-knit family and for her brother and sister, it’s devastating.”
A $25,000 reward is being offered for the safe return of Mekayla.

Paula said although the result of a missing person investigation is often not the outcome one wants, she is holding out hope.
“I continue to remain positive and hopeful and certainly giving everything I have in my power … to ensure that she is safe,” she said.
“The most important thing is ensuring her safety.”
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mekayla Bali is asked to contact their local police detachment, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or the Bring Mekayla Bali Home website.

Facebook Page, new poster - noting that Mekayla has been known to change her appearance.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 15326053_736825156469003_4311803097952580910_o.jpg
    15326053_736825156469003_4311803097952580910_o.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 301
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and am unsure if it is ok to link to Facebook pages. There is quite a bit of interesting information that needs explanation about Mekayla's case. If someone could let me know if that is allowed.

One of the interesting facts about the timeline on the morning that she disappeared, is that she returned to the school at 11:55 and left at 12:05, according to the information on the schools website, lunch break at the school is at 12:10. So for whatever reason she went into and left the school before everyone was released for lunch. Not to mention the fact that she had also been skipping school that day and would have obviously missed roll call and at least some of the staff would have been aware that she was not present. It would be a little risky to return ? Why would she do this ?

Also the school from the downtown location were she had been "hanging out" all morning is almost 2 kilometers (over a mile) away, and then she returned downtown so a total trip of around 3+ kilometers, (2+ miles).

The last time she was seen at 1:45 is only 1.5 hrs from the end of the school day when her grandmother went to pick her up, also a very tight time, as she was in the downtown area and in a public place at this time.

I have tried to make some maps that correspond to her movements in relation to the timeline, and collect up some information.

They are located here

http://www.silentsearchers.org/mekayla-bali

As I said there are several other interesting things I have found, if someone would be so kind to let me know if it is alright to post links to Facebook pages with comments etc.

There definitely seems to be something out of place with this young girls disappearance, I don't believe she ran away.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, and am unsure if it is ok to link to Facebook pages. There is quite a bit of interesting information that needs explanation about Mekayla's case. If someone could let me know if that is allowed.

One of the interesting facts about the timeline on the morning that she disappeared, is that she returned to the school at 11:55 and left at 12:05, according to the information on the schools website, lunch break at the school is at 12:10. So for whatever reason she went into and left the school before everyone was released for lunch. Not to mention the fact that she had also been skipping school that day and would have obviously missed roll call and at least some of the staff would have been aware that she was not present. It would be a little risky to return ? Why would she do this ?

Also the school from the downtown location were she had been "hanging out" all morning is almost 2 kilometers (over a mile) away, and then she returned downtown so a total trip of around 3+ kilometers, (2+ miles).

The last time she was seen at 1:45 is only 1.5 hrs from the end of the school day when her grandmother went to pick her up, also a very tight time, as she was in the downtown area and in a public place at this time.

I have tried to make some maps that correspond to her movements in relation to the timeline, and collect up some information.

They are located here

http://www.silentsearchers.org/mekayla-bali

As I said there are several other interesting things I have found, if someone would be so kind to let me know if it is alright to post links to Facebook pages with comments etc.

There definitely seems to be something out of place with this young girls disappearance, I don't believe she ran away.

Welcome to Ws Silent Searcher!
For clarification concerning a post, please alert a moderator here by clicking on the little triangle situated on the bottom left hand of your post. Thanks.

There is an update on the Facebook page saying that the police are investigating a photo that looks like Mekayla. I hope that this is her and they get the break they need!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back