CANADA Canada - Melanie Ethier, 15, New Liskeard, Ont, 29 Sept 1996

Post from Melanie's mother today on the 'Let's Work Together To Find Melanie Ethier' FB page.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 30704641_10155972718721928_4288049847442866176_n.jpg
    30704641_10155972718721928_4288049847442866176_n.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 193
Bumping for Melanie and her family.

Melanie Ethier

Date of Birth
Dec 25, 1980

Missing Since
Sep 29, 1996

Missing From
New Liskeard, Ontario

Eye Colour
Brown

Hair Colour
Brown

"In the early morning hours of Sunday the 29th of September 1996, Melanie Ethier, a 15 year old female, left her friend’s residence located on Pine Street East in the Town of New Liskeard to walk to her residence a short distance away. She has not been seen since. Foul play is strongly suspected in Melanie’s disappearance.

Melanie is a mixed-race female, who is 5’5” and weighs approximately 120lbs. She was last seen wearing a green Nike jacket, blue jeans, white shirt with a blue Pepe logo on the front and black boots.

Oct 29 2015
Ontario police keep quiet about 2 unsolved cold cases | CBC News
"If we start telling people it's no longer hold back [evidence], we lose that vital information that we need to keep secret."

Glassford said investigators regularly get tips about both of these cases. He said they continue to work toward solving them.

Criminologist disagrees
But criminologist Mike Arntfield from the University of Western Ontario said there's no good reason for police to hold back information for years on end. He said it can be counter-productive over time.

"To hold it back for the first two days is good, the first two months perhaps, but two years later? Twenty years later? Forty years later?"

Arntfield said releasing some tidbit of information could lead to new avenues of investigation."
rbbm.

melanie map walk.jpg melanie map bridge.jpg Yes ! " tidbit of information could lead to new avenues of investigation."

... encouraging her community to remember and be mindful of where each of us were, what we were doing and what was going on around us at the time of Melanie's disappearence

The reason for the question mark was to ask if there was a possibility this unidentified female might be Melanie, or even a connection,imo, speculation.
Re post of those stats for uid female..
> NJSP Home | > Unidentified Persons / Bodies | > Hudson County

HUDSON COUNTYUnidentified Deceased Black Female

CASE INFORMATION

The unidentified female was recovered in Bayonne, NJ on October 18, 2007. She had brown colored 28 inch braided hair extensions attached to her own hair.

Date Body Found
October 18, 2007

Estimated Date of Death
Unknown
Estimated Year of Birth
1987-1991

Race
Black

Height
5'2" - 5'5"

Weight
118 - 138 lbs.

View attachment 141016 View attachment 141017 Yes ! " tidbit of information could lead to new avenues of investigation."

However ... some information is incorrect / misleading ... the image I posted indicates she began her walk home from Pine St. west ... official report states she walked from Pine St east. Trying to connect with original poster of the image to clarify information used ...

Is this right Jaanniss???

Re: attachments
- The red arrow at Pine Street West (incorrect location where Mel was walking from)

- The yellow arrow is at Pine Avenue East (correct location...)

ETA: Google Maps

Thanks Jaanniss, and thanks for being here...I hope the answers come for you one day really soon.

I am ashamed but will admit I don't know much about Melanie's case....but I'm learning. I must say I do love those billboards!!!!!! Has there been any results at all from them???

Has it been reported WHERE she left from? And was it proven she really departed on foot from that location???

ETA: ok i see she left a party at a "friends" house ---- was it proven she left & left walking???

Last edited:
just reviewing....the recent article says

Ethier disappeared at about 2 a.m. on Sept. 29, 1996. It was a Sunday morning and the 15-year-old was walking home from a friend's place in New Liskeard.

It was the last time anyone saw her.

is it the word of the people at the party saying they saw her leave????

Just to go back a bit in time to 1996 and note the popular songs then, although Melanie and her friends may have enjoyed other artists and styles.
Wondering if Melanie was into rap or rave music, it might offer a clue or serve as a reminder of that time and place when Melanie disappeared. imo, speculation, fwiw.
List of number-one singles of 1996 (Canada) - Wikipedia
"This is a list of the weekly Canadian RPM magazine[n 1] number one Top Singles chart of 1996"
"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" Whitney Houston
62:23-24 22 January - 29 January 2 "One Sweet Day" Mariah Carey
62:25 5 February 1 "One of Us" Joan Osborne
62:26 12 February 1 "Time" Hootie & the Blowfish
63:1-3 19 February - 4 March 3 "Missing" Everything but the Girl
63:4 11 March 1 "The World I Know" Collective Soul
63:5 18 March 1 "I Want to Come Over" Melissa Etheridge
63:6 25 March 1 "Follow You Down" Gin Blossoms
63:7-12 1 April - 6 May 6 "Ironic" Alanis Morissette
63:13 13 May 1 "Closer to Free" Bodeans
63:14 20 May 1 "Always Be My Baby" Mariah Carey
63:15-17 27 May - 10 June 3 "Old Man & Me (When I Get to Heaven)" Hootie & the Blowfish
63:18 17 June 1 "Give Me One Reason" Tracy Chapman
63:19 24 June 1 "Ahead by a Century" The Tragically Hip
63:20 1 July 1 "You Learn" Alanis Morissette
63:21 8 July 1 "Ahead by a Century" (re-entry) The Tragically Hip
63:22 15 July 1 "The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You" Bryan Adams
63:23-24 22 July - 29 July 2 "You Learn" (re-entry) Alanis Morissette
63:25-26, 64:1-3 5 August - 2 September 5 "Change the World" Eric Clapton
64:4-8 9 September - 7 October 5 "Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First)" John Mellencamp
64:9-10 14 October - 21 October 2 "Let's Make a Night to Remember" Bryan Adams
64:11-12 28 October - 4 November 2 "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" Celine Dion
64:13 11 November 1 "If It Makes You Happy" Sheryl Crow
64:14-18 18 November - 6 January 1997 ¶ 8 ¶ "Head Over Feet" Alanis Morissette

Thanks Jaanniss, and thanks for being here...I hope the answers come for you one day really soon.

I am ashamed but will admit I don't know much about Melanie's case....but I'm learning. I must say I do love those billboards!!!!!! Has there been any results at all from them???

Has it been reported WHERE she left from? And was it proven she really departed on foot from that location???

ETA: ok i see she left a party at a "friends" house ---- was it proven she left & left walking???

I try to verify any infoby

Hi... thank you! I'm on the 'learning curve"... Melanie is missing from my home community and 22 years of not knowing, rumours, I felt I needed to try to see this all with a different viewpoint.... in June I started to gather a sense of info that was available online..... I found info that brought me to question what I thought I knew.... I recently found and joined a Facebook group 'Let's Work Together to Find Melanie Ethier' ...
this was posted in April of this year ....

" 21
yrs ago melanie ethier went missing from ontario.. she was 15 yrs old out with many friends and her boyfriend for a movie night .. We are working with her mom to try to find out some more information about what happened to mel. ..we have been given all the names of the people and I have been able to reach many of them and have had long phone conversations with them ..we are hoping for more information and guidance from these people .. who all have families and different lives now... all who have been very co-operative ...and forthcoming with information. We hope to get some answers....

We feel melanie met foul play unfortunately
clip_image001.png
:(
clip_image001.png
:( and didnt make it far from the house !! "

Up until until now, it was pretty much believed she had only made it as far as the Wabi River bridge. The bridge has been a focus in the community .... now seems important to consider she may not have. Also, her Mother recently reached out to the community asking ... " This is a long shot !!
I you know someone who owned a white cube van when Melanie went missing on Sept. 29, 1996 please private message me ."

melanie bridge.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back