CANADA Canada - Nuseiba Hasan, 26, Flamborough, Ont, Fall 2006

-I haven't seen mention of the ages of NH's siblings at the time she 'disappeared'.
-When did the mother return to her homeland of Jordan?
-I'm assuming the family pets (dog, cat, horse) must have been found dead, if the family had abandoned them for years on the property?
-Sounds like NH's father died close to the time when NH 'disappeared', I wonder if he died before or after her 'disappearance' date? (-It was family who last saw her at their rural Flamborough home in the fall of 2006, police say./-father died over 10 years ago)

-
-Sounds like NH's father died close to the time when NH 'disappeared', I wonder if he died before or after her 'disappearance' date? (-It was family who last saw her at their rural Flamborough home in the fall of 2006, police say./-father died over 10 years ago)

One of the reports I heard on the radio said that the father had died "several years ago," which doesn't sound like "more than 10." It's likely that at this point, no one has been able to do any real research into the facts of the case and when reporting word-of-mouth information, dates and facts get misquoted or misunderstood.

Someone asked police whether this was possibly an "honour killing" and the officer said they couldn't comment on that but weren't ruling anything out.

The whole picture is very suggestive of a familial homicide (or accident), since the young woman was seen going to her home late one night and was gone the next morning and family members were mum for nine years. What if she had gotten into an argument with a brother trying to tell her what to do (or not do) and it resulted in a scuffle - this was a petite young woman, a bigger male could have, intentionally or not, hit her or pushed her down steps, or some such thing, and then the whole family would have rallied round to cover it up - under threat of something bad happening to them.

This is speculation on my part of course, it's just a real possibility, since police are focused on family property, are certain she is deceased (must have had some pretty damning info from someone in the family), and family violence is, sadly, a reality.

I remember the case of Aqsa Parvez in Mississauga; her father claimed to have killed her, but forensic evidence showed it was actually her brother who did so. Both ended up convicted of second-degree murder. Her family members claimed to know nothing which was obviously false, since they were there when it happened.

Been out of the country and came back on Saturday to read about this case.
If it weren't for trees and a road (concession 8) this would be in my back yard

( Not living at the nudist colony)

Thom said the investigation to date has attempted to discover if any of her government cards had been active.

“Whether it’s driver’s licence, OHIP, any social assistance, passport, that type of thing,” he said. “There’s been nothing.

“It’s like she just dropped off the face of the earth in 2006, the beginning of 2007.”

http://www.flamboroughreview.com/ne...ing-west-flamborough-woman-last-seen-in-2006/

This is the weirdest facebook page to locate a missing person I've ever seen. I doesn't say much at all about Nuseiba.

"Locate Nuseiba"

https://www.facebook.com/nuseiba.hasan

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6935158-the-strange-case-of-a-woman-missing-for-a-decade/
On Friday, the second day of the property search, police were focused inside the farmhouse, which forensic investigators were combing for clues. Officers could be seen cutting across the field, and a black truck was visible in the distance.

On Monday, a ground search of the 55-acre property will begin—an operation to be carried out by the Hamilton police and OPP and involve dogs.
"This was the last location where she was seen and as with any missing person investigation we start with the last place the person was last known to be alive," Thom said
Also curious, Thom agrees, is a "Locate Nuseiba" Facebook page that appears to have been created last year, after she was officially reported missing.

It's unclear who is operating the page, and messages from reporters went unacknowledged Friday.
"Have you seen her?" one post on the page reads, with photos of the missing woman attached. The page also includes links to unrelated videos and inspirational quotes.
rbbm.

Been out of the country and came back on Saturday to read about this case.
If it weren't for trees and a road (concession 8) this would be in my back yard

( Not living at the nudist colony)
rbbm.
Lol, no judgment if you did live there!
Welcome back Dushi, thinking that Halloween is going to feel a little edgier with the search and dig today.
imo, speculation.

rbbm.
Lol, no judgment if you did live there!
Welcome back Dushi, thinking that Halloween is going to feel a little edgier with the search and dig today.
imo, speculation.

HaHa just wanted to be clear!!!
I have passed by the property several times since late sat night. Always police presence.
It has not been left unguarded

I live in an adult community so no trick or treaters
The property in question is very rural , and a bit creepy looking to begin with, so more so now

Thank you dotr

HaHa just wanted to be clear!!!
I have passed by the property several times since late sat night. Always police presence.
It has not been left unguarded

I live in an adult community so no trick or treaters
The property in question is very rural , and a bit creepy looking to begin with, so more so now

Thank you dotr

Dushi thank you for the updates and giving us an idea on how everything looks. I'm praying for closure for her.

Hamilton police officers on horseback and riding ATVs were part of the team searching a rural Flamborough property Monday for traces of Nuseiba Hasan, missing since 2006.

Police are expected to provide an update today.

The Hamilton police focus on the property follows months of working with law enforcement in other countries to see if she was actually overseas. Some of her family, Thom says, is now living in Jordan.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...n-hamilton-woman-missing-since-2006-1.3828969

Good pic of the property

I can't help but wonder at the timing of all of this.
The property changed hands and the new owners took possession mid October.
Two weeks later, there is a big police investigation.

Anyone think someone started talking ?
Maybe someone didn't get their fair share?
Did the new owner find something suspicious?

No, I don't think there's anything "sudden" here, nor anything unusual about the timeline. From what has been reported, we know that NH was first reported missing in winter 2015. Police undoubtedly thought the story was odd, possibly suspicious (given such a long period of time passing), but may have had no initial reason to suspect foul play. Elective disappearance, as of a runaway, or relocation to Jordan or elsewhere, were possibilities, and these were followed up on, probably in a low-priority manner, at least at first. Getting information and tracking down people abroad is time-consuming and often leads to dead ends. While doing this, they were also checking out whether NH appeared in any SIN databases, OHIP and the like. All of this could easily have taken the best part of a year.

Along the way, we may infer, one or another of the family members who were more cooperative gave information that led them to believe a homicide had occurred. It's unlikely anyone said so outright, but piecing together various clues could have led investigators to this conclusion. There was obviously a deliberate veil of secrecy over the whole affair, and many may not have been willing to talk at all, others might have been afraid to do so. It's my guess that whoever shared the most useful information was someone now far removed from the mother in Jordan and any other particularly powerful family members; probably someone still here in Canada.

The sale of the property took place last March, but if the sellers were in Jordan, as appears to be the case, the paperwork and various legalities could have taken months to work out; in addition, for all we know the buyer had difficulty raising the cash, or, the sale may have been contingent upon his selling a property of his own. These would have made the closing date a longer period of time than the more usual 90 days.

So, the deal closed earlier this month, but the buyer has not moved in, and does not plan to do so - he is going to tear down the existing house (the buildings appear to be in very rough shape); it's highly unlikely he "noticed something." Rather, the police were waiting for the new owner to take possession in order to get permission to do the thorough search they have planned, and in searching the house, to rip up floors or walls if need be. While it would not have been impossible to get a court order with the property still in limbo,it would be highly unusual - such a move would be likely only in cases where (for instance) kidnapped people were reported to be held, or a similar emergency.

So they have put together the search teams and investigators after getting the needed permissions from the new owner, who has only been the new owner for a couple of weeks. They were doubtless planning to do this but could not finalize their plans until the transfer of the property was complete.

There's no reason to think someone "started talking" just recently; but obviously they have had input from one or several key people in the past 8 months or so. As for someone "not getting their share," there's no suggestion that this is a situation where money is a factor, nor that anyone stood to profit from NH's death.

But if something criminal *did* go down, it's likely several, or all, of the siblings knew about it, but may not have all reacted the same way (some feeling it was justified, others perhaps appalled but frightened). In the Shafia killings of the three teenaged girls and their "aunt" by their father and older brother in Kingston a few years back, the younger children in the family knew what had happened. They denied it of course, but police had recorded the phone calls between the older brother (who did the killing) and the younger brother, and it was clear the younger one, aged around 10 at the time, knew exactly what was going on and what his brother had done. He even said, "H., you are 100% caught!" but then he denied everything on the witness stand.

If evidence is found, it's unlikely there will be charges laid so long after the deed, and it's also likely the perpetrator, if there is one (or more) is no longer in Canada.

This article states that NH's father died only 4 years ago, and I am reading this as 'it may have been rented out at the time when NH 'disappeared'.

"It's been difficult to narrow down the time lines. The house was rented out for a period of time, from 1999 to 2009," Thom said. "There's some vagueness there in the information we've been able to garner so far."

Police are still trying to confirm family was living at the farm when Hasan was last driven there.

"Her intention, from what we understand, was to come and live here on the farm."

The house has been vacant for a number of years, and until police can speak to all the family members, they are unsure of exactly who was living on the farm when Hasan went missing, Thom said.

Some of Hasan's family has been very co-operative, "others not so much". While some of her siblings still live in this area, others, including her mother live in Jordan. Thom said it has been a challenge to locate them despite being in touch with authorities there.

Hasan's father died four years ago.
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...earch-to-solve-mysterious-2006-disappearance/

There is a newsclip at the link also, but I can't see it, i often have difficulty viewing CHCH's videos. Please let me know if there's anything interesting in there that isn't in the written article!.

(BBM)
As they combed through the farm, Hamilton Police brought along a forensic archaeologist to analyze ground patterns. It is the same expert that helped discover human remains on serial killer Robert Pickton’s farm. ....
A neighbour across the road says the family kept to themselves, but remembers seeing heavy machinery on their property a few years ago.

“There was heavy equipment back there at one time, they used to do a lot of digging-, the person who owned the place or owned the equipment.”
http://www.chch.com/search-nuseiba-hasan-continues/

But I do wonder, would the family have sold the property knowing that Nuseiba is buried there, or hidden somewhere in the house? Wouldn't it be a risk to take, that the new owner might discover the remains and all will come out? Wouldn't they have moved the body first (if the body was hidden somewhere on the property)?

But I do wonder, would the family have sold the property knowing that Nuseiba is buried there, or hidden somewhere in the house? Wouldn't it be a risk to take, that the new owner might discover the remains and all will come out? Wouldn't they have moved the body first (if the body was hidden somewhere on the property)?

The chance of the new owner coming across a body buried on a large farm property would be very, very slim, and with both parents out of the picture now, what is there to worry about? But, if they were very cunning, they could have used an excavator and buried the body first, and higher up, buried a farm animal. Nothing suspicious at all about finding farm animal remains on a property.

Remember that the body of missing child Jacob Wetterling was buried on the edge of a farm property and the farmer whose property it was never found the remains (which were not very deep) in all the years that passed before the killer showed the site to police just recently.

Now in the house, that is more problematic. But they might have hid *evidence* in the house -- NH's clothes, possessions, etc. behind drywall or somewhere like that.

I agree. My mind is going to.. the new homeowner took possession/owned the property as of Friday, October 14, 2016, and upon closer inspection, perhaps after clearing out some furniture, carpet, building supplies, etc., he noticed indications of blood or something, which prompted him to contact police.. they call made them look into the address and history of address, and realized the address was connected to an almost-two-year-old MP case. They came, they saw, and based on what they found there, they then made a determination to increase the MP case to a homicide case, and the search is on for a body. jmo.

Reports stated that NH was reported missing in February 2015, and property was initially put up for sale sometime in 2015. Someone must have felt it was safe by that point to do both of those things. If the body was buried in a location where it was unlikely to be dug up as farmland, or.. police said they will search other properties owned by same owners if this property yields no results.

If evidence is found, it's unlikely there will be charges laid so long after the deed, and it's also likely the perpetrator, if there is one (or more) is no longer in Canada.
That seems like an odd comment to make. There is no statute of limitations in Canada that applies to murder. Ms. Hasan disappeared only 10.years ago; charges are often brought after a bigger lag than that if evidence surfaces.

That seems like an odd comment to make. There is no statute of limitations in Canada that applies to murder. Ms. Hasan disappeared only 10.years ago; charges are often brought after a bigger lag than that if evidence surfaces.

I completely agree with you Ozoner.
If a body is found, I firmly believe a full and thorough investigation will follow and hopefully there will be evidence which leads to someone . Then, of course there would be an arrest. As you said, no statute of limitations

I agree. My mind is going to.. the new homeowner took possession/owned the property as of Friday, October 14, 2016, and upon closer inspection, perhaps after clearing out some furniture, carpet, building supplies, etc., he noticed indications of blood or something, which prompted him to contact police.. they call made them look into the address and history of address, and realized the address was connected to an almost-two-year-old MP case. They came, they saw, and based on what they found there, they then made a determination to increase the MP case to a homicide case, and the search is on for a body. jmo.

I agree.
Its quite possible that when the property sold, someone who knew of the crime was disappointed in their share of profits.
I understand that Nuseiba was reported missing in 2015 and I can imagine it would be a difficult job to find out if she was actually missing or had just simply left the country.
I do find the date of closure and the following investigation suspect.

it seems, based on a post up thread that LE are unsure of who was living there in 2006.
Something led them to that property.
I read that LE were informed that the property was the last place she was seen/dropped off.
There must be more, this is a full scale investigation.

I drove by at 5:20 last evening.
There was still a large presence of police vehicles
The front gates were closed ( they are usually open)
All of the vehicles were directly behind the house

My neighbour remembers when the heavy equipment was on the property years ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname