CANADA CANADA - ROBERT PICKTON, Pig Farm Killer, Vancouver, 1990'S

So Pickton was makin snuff films and they used to make bets for how lonG until the piG killed em and/or ate them. BiG North American doG fiGhtin championship across the road at PiGGy Palace run by the H.A. Also Pickton's sister was a councillor in Vancouver. Hmmm.

Not super surprised by this. I came across an article linked on Murderpedia about the Pickton case, where a journalist was interviewing one of the investigators. Will try to find it. The investigator basically said that there was a whole lot more to the case than what was being given, but due to weird privacy laws here in Canada, they could not be disclosed. She basically said what really was happening was several times worse than what was being said, and it was already horrifying enough as we all know. I've heard everything from the RCMP participating in the murders to the snuff film things.

I wonder if any Vancouver locals on here have any more information on the snuff film speculations? Or anything else the police left out of the case

Crazy to think I live a few hours from where all this went down.

The Vancouver Police Department and the RCMP finally launched a joint task force, resulting in the arrest and conviction of Robert “Willie” Pickton, a pig farmer from Port Coquitlam, for the serial murders of street-involved women. The subsequent excavation of the Pickton property became the largest criminal investigation in Canadian history, spanning several years and costing tens of millions of dollars. However, the danger and violence that plagued women on the Downtown Eastside remained largely the same for many years after Pickton’s arrest.

While media coverage narrated Pickton as a single deranged male, this narrative effectively eliminated the context of the broader social background that thrust these women into harm’s way. In this paper, I will discuss the racialization, spatialization, and class distinctions that heavily influence women's participation in the sex trade, as well the media narratives that enable an understanding of Pickton as a violent outlier.

Very troubling news that RCMP wants to destroy some of the evidence in the Pickton investigation.

Vancouver Sun article, Dec 8 2023:

Exclusive: Mounties want to destroy evidence from Robert Pickton's farm. Should they be allowed?

"The RCMP has asked the court for permission to dispose of 14,000 pieces of evidence collected during its probe into former Port Coquitlam pig farmer Robert (Willie) Pickton, the target of the largest serial killer investigation in Canadian history, Postmedia has learned.

The move is opposed by 40 groups and individuals, who say the items seized in this historic case are important and should be kept in storage. Beyond the six women Pickton was convicted in 2007 of murdering, more than two dozen unsolved missing women files have been linked by DNA to the farm.

There are also 30 more women who vanished from the Downtown Eastside — Pickton’s hunting grounds — and many of them match the timeframe and life circumstances of his known victims."

Robert William Pickton, serial killer

When finally captured in 2002, Pickton admitted to having murdered 49 women and his only regret was that he was caught due to sloppiness on his part. He said that he had hoped to make it an even 50 victims.

He received a life sentence, but with the possibility of parole in 25 years.

LINK:

Robert William Pickton, serial killer

When finally captured in 2002, Pickton admitted to having murdered 49 women and his only regret was that he was caught due to sloppiness on his part. He said that he had hoped to make it an even 50 victims.

He received a life sentence, but with the possibility of parole in 25 years.

LINK:

According to the text: with NO possibility of parole after 25 years, heavens / courts be thanked for that!

According to the text: with NO possibility of parole after 25 years, heavens / courts be thanked for that!
My mistake, I misread it.

Robert Pickton is still alive and remains in prison in Canada. He is 74 years old. He continues to serve a life sentence in prison.

In 2018, CBC News reported that he was transferred out of B.C. to the Port-Cartier maximum security prison in Quebec.

Canadian Robert Pickton faces the chance of release just 17 years after the horrific crimes. Pickton, who is now in his 70s, was jailed for life in 2007 without the possibility of parole for 25 years, but a law means prison sentences can only be served concurrently, meaning the killer is eligible to apply for day parole and can apply for full parole from 2027.

It's believed Pickton - who has been referred to as The Butcher and Pig Farmer Killer - confessed to just under 50 murders to an undercover policeman posing as a cellmate and even joked he wanted to kill more to make it 50. He is able to apply once for parole every two years but due to the severity of his crimes, it is unlikely he will ever be free

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back