CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
(quote) from Germany: Maybe after 6 years we also will see a success in finding Sonia's killer. I hope so!
(Would wish, the man's initials would be IR.) (/quote)

IR went onto another website and answered some questions by posters. He answered a few of them where ever possible.
He said that he took a poly and passed it, and he gave his dna. Still waiting to hear about his dna, I believe. I am under the impression that the voluntary donors of dna are also waiting to learn that their dna did not match. That is a general assumption on my part.

We will never know - as the donors are confidential, and none have stepped forward to say that they have officially been cleared.

Until Sonia's killer is found and charged, there will always be suspicions by some, which is perfectly normal. Police did clear him very early on, and according to his posts, he still kept in touch with law enforcement.
His answers were very sincere and respectful regarding the whole terrible situation.

Just thought this bit of info might be helpful.:fence:

"Oldie but Goldie", well...

"... and authorized in the case of the family says they do not believe that it is not linked to the murder."

http://getmaturedating.blogspot.de/2011/05/police-dating-sites-in-murder.html

Funny, I don't find any other posts or comments (other than JS) or anything else at all on that blog. It says there are no members, but there is Degree who made the post and JS who commented. Degree's profile has only links to other online dating sites. Weird, but I guess peeps will use anything to get others to visit their sites.

Strange to set up a blog with one post about one murder and links to other dating sites.

So where did Sonia's bike rack disappear to?

Arrested in Vancouver after violent (unusual, imo) sex assault, from Ontario...
rbbm.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/30/m...vancouver-sex-assault-wanted-by-london-police

"A 25-year-old man who racked up a string of charges in *Kitchener-Waterloo and has been wanted by London police since November now is charged with a brutal sex assault in Vancouver.

During the attack, a woman was tied up, choked, sexually assaulted and had two fingers cut off by a knife-wielding intruder who broke into her home, Vancouver police and a witness said".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rged-with-strathcona-sexual-assault-1.3012137
rbbm

"A man armed with a weapon barged into the woman's house just after 12 p.m. PT Thursday, tied her up, choked her using clothing, and sexually assaulted her with a rock and a knife, according to the court documents"

hi all --
I also saw the LFP story and I posted the question on another site:
does Caleb Heaton look quite a bit like the POI in the composite sketch for the Shelley Loder attack? I know these things are hard to match up, but I think it looks VERY close to me....
Could someone tech savvy do a side-by-side???

hi all --
I also saw the LFP story and I posted the question on another site:
does Caleb Heaton look quite a bit like the POI in the composite sketch for the Shelley Loder attack? I know these things are hard to match up, but I think it looks VERY close to me....
Could someone tech savvy do a side-by-side???

I will try ......................

CH.jpgSoniaPhantom.jpeg
Phantom2.jpgPhantom1.jpg

Thank you, FromGermany!!!!!!! You're brilliant :)

when I look at the illustrations of Heaton and the person wanted for info in Shelley Loder's case, I don't see much likeness -- and yet Heaton's photo and courtroom sketch themselves look dissimilar to each other.... Does anyone see any similarity between Heaton's photo and the suspect sketch, which FromGermany so kindly posted for us? Maybe I'm just desperately clutching at any/everything in the hope that SOME of these cases will have some resolution soon....

On the other hand: Heaton is a violent sexual attacker and home invader, and he was on our turf (KW-London areas) in 2010 at least until very recently....
so he'd at least be a good prospect to scrutinize closely.

Thanks again, FG.

C.T. Heaton in Vancouver:

According to police, the suspect has a criminal record outside of B.C. Vancouver Police Chief Jim Chu said the police are continuing in their investigation and the assault is concerning. "We have investigative teams that are putting together the strongest case we can against the suspect we have in custody," he said. "And we're working hard on the westside assault to see if there's a linkage and we're also examining some other cases across Canada."

http://www.jamesworks.ca/sex-abuse.html

The man charged with a brutal sexual assault on a woman in Vancouver's Strathcona neighbourhood last week has at least 40 criminal convictions in Ontario, including aggravated assault, break and enter and possession of a weapon.

www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-colu...-heaton-has-violent-criminal-record-1.3017614

We have to think also of Audrey Gleave and her brutally/sexually assault/murder! I know: we do!

Arrested in Vancouver after violent (unusual, imo) sex assault, from Ontario...
rbbm.

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/03/30/m...vancouver-sex-assault-wanted-by-london-police

"A 25-year-old man who racked up a string of charges in *Kitchener-Waterloo and has been wanted by London police since November now is charged with a brutal sex assault in Vancouver.

During the attack, a woman was tied up, choked, sexually assaulted and had two fingers cut off by a knife-wielding intruder who broke into her home, Vancouver police and a witness said".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...rged-with-strathcona-sexual-assault-1.3012137
rbbm

"A man armed with a weapon barged into the woman's house just after 12 p.m. PT Thursday, tied her up, choked her using clothing, and sexually assaulted her with a rock and a knife, according to the court documents"
What a .

I have tried to sleuth this guy a bit. Not finding much.

Need more pics of him.

No way this was his first attack. [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

What a .

I have tried to sleuth this guy a bit. Not finding much.

Need more pics of him.

No way this was his first attack. [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

String of charges!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-heaton-has-violent-criminal-record-1.3017614

"The man charged with a brutal sexual assault on a woman in Vancouver's Strathcona neighbourhood last week has at least 40 criminal convictions in Ontario, including aggravated assault, break and enter and possession of a weapon.

Caleb Heaton, 25, was arrested on Thursday and is facing seven charges in connection with the alleged attack on March 26. His next court appearance is scheduled for Thursday.

Meanwhile Const. Brian Montague said 20 investigators continue to work on the case. Some attempted to reassure residents at a public meeting in the neighbourhood, Tuesday night.

"We brought in a clinical psychologist to explain it is normal to be feeling uneasy, but those feelings will subside," said Montague.

So where did Sonia's bike rack disappear to?

Sillybilly - I too have often thought about her bike rack. Is it possible that her father took it off for her on the day that he washed the car, and stored it at their place?

This can make sense in one way - and in addition she was driving to Mississauga to work everyday and it would put drag on her car and increase the cost of gas.

However, by all accounts she loved to bike, and it was still just the end of August. Lots of time left in the year to bike and enjoy all of the fall colours.

I wondered if the killer used her bike to bike home. But that doesn't make any sense either, as he would have left the bike rack on her car.

By looking at the pictures of her open garage, I do not see any bike, nor rack.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...ls-at-court-in-bail-hearing-1.3063501?cmp=rss

Caleb Heaton, alleged Strathcona sex attacker, yells at court in bail hearing

Heaton, wearing a peach shirt, leaned against the wall of the prisoner's box and yelled at the court through a gap in the glass.

What Heaton yelled cannot be reported, because of a publication ban on evidence disclosed at the hearing.

Responding to Heaton's outburst, the judge advised him to be quiet and avoid addressing the court directly.

Caleb Heaton charged with Strathcona sexual assault
Heaton, 25, faces seven charges, including aggravated sexual assault, breaking and entering, robbery and unlawful confinement.

He has at least 40 criminal convictions in Ontario, including aggravated assault, breaking and entering and possession of a weapon.

Heaton has been in custody since his arrest six weeks ago.

Sorry, don't know where to post. :thinking: Didn't found a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean