CANADA Canada - The Woodland Rapist of Southern Ontario, 1992-1995 *Arrest*

'Richard Neil, who was arrested a month ago in connection with a series of child sexual assaults that set off an Ontario manhunt in the 1990s, has been granted bail.'

''The accused appeared in a Brampton courtroom prisoner box on Wednesday for the second time in two days, wearing an olive green buttoned shirt, a navy blue puffer vest and black pants. His long hair was tied back in a ponytail.

Ontario Court Justice Bruce Duncan agreed to a release plan proposed jointly by Neil's defence lawyer, Leo Adler, and the Crown.

Neil will live with family members in British Columbia and wear an electronic monitoring device, among other conditions. ''

1712233016787.png

I find it difficult to believe that this guy did 3 violent attacks in the 1990s while in his 30s and didn't do any more. Are there other victims out there? Possibly in BC? How long has he been traveling to BC?

I've been thinking about this case a bit further. If I recall correctly his victims were 8 then 12, then 15. Both sexes.
So this tells me he wasn't going after a 'type'. Neither male nor female. And age got older, so perhaps not a pedophile. Perhaps is was about power. I wonder if he was all about building up confidence with a very weak victim and then taking more risk against stronger victims. Is it possible he had future victims who weren't underage? Should we be looking for later adult victims?

(Just my amateur psychology at work here. I have no particular skills!)

that one sketch was a pretty good likeness

'Richard Neil, who was arrested a month ago in connection with a series of child sexual assaults that set off an Ontario manhunt in the 1990s, has been granted bail.'

''The accused appeared in a Brampton courtroom prisoner box on Wednesday for the second time in two days, wearing an olive green buttoned shirt, a navy blue puffer vest and black pants. His long hair was tied back in a ponytail.

Ontario Court Justice Bruce Duncan agreed to a release plan proposed jointly by Neil's defence lawyer, Leo Adler, and the Crown.

Neil will live with family members in British Columbia and wear an electronic monitoring device, among other conditions. ''

View attachment 494923

surprised his family would want him to live with them but then they're probably in denial
I can only imagine how many other victims are in his past

Apr 15, 2024
A man who was attacked in a Brampton, Ont., park 30 years ago is speaking out for the first time, telling CBC News that police told him they identified the alleged 'woodland rapist' after a relative of the suspect submitted DNA to an ancestry-type website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back