CANADA Canada - The Woodland Rapist of Southern Ontario, 1992-1995 *Arrest*

More baggy eyes for consideration.
http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityn...es-after-allegedly-posing-as-girl-on-facebook

FWIW
I got to thinking where a perp like this might work and i remember an indoor kids play park(the kind with jumping castles etc) on west drive in brampton which is just around corner from Norton Park. I don't think it is there anymore, but I did find a similar company that rents these type of things out and they have locations in oakville, kitchener and brampton---all appear to be within a few miles of the three attack sites. I believe a truck was mentioned in the oakville attack---maybe perp worked for this company delivering equipment between the stores locations? This company looks to have been in business for 20 years,but i don't know if these 3 locations have been around that long or not.

It amazes me that given the very very good and detailed sketch provided that this guy has not been identified. I read through the potential reasons why and am still not convinced. A serial type seldom quits. His mo should have and could have been identified if he went elsewhere. If not caught, he likely progressed. The Russel Williams photo comparison is interesting sans the pony tail. Any explanation how that piece may fit in or may not be accurate?

No idea what this guy looked like when younger and probably too old, but ....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...awa-historical-sexual-assault-hawkesbury.html

" An eastern Ontario man faces 15 charges in relation to a series of historical sexual assaults from the Hawkesbury area dating as far back as 1959.

Hawkesbury OPP said they received a complaint from a man who said he was sexually assaulted a number of times by a man known to his family. He told police the assaults would have started when he was eight and the last happened when he was 12.

Police said as a result of their investigation they found other sexual assaults that would have been committed on several girls and boys between 1959 and 1986.

Roger Joly, 69, of L'Orignal, Ont., was arrested and charged with 15 counts of indecent assault"

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/902756--child-molester-jailed-12-years-for-shocking-crimesTo curb the sex drive that led to his “shocking” and “horrifying” crimes, convicted child molester Michael Ross Stratton should undergo chemical castration, Justice Paul Bellefontaine said in Oshawa court Tuesday.

Couldn't agree more. IMO, this should be part of sentencing in all cases involving sex crimes against children. If people can be declared mentally incompetent and not able to manage their own affairs, the system provides a means for other people to manage for them. I suggest, if a pedophile can't deter themselves, then let the system do it for them.

470_sex_assault2_091117.jpg

A better image of the composite sketch.

Bumping and wondering if " Woodland" perp ever drove a white van with a "Smooth" logo?

Also wondering about Russell Kirkpatrick, arrested for assault of a woman in a cemetery.

Turns out RK was charged for assault but not attempted murder.

This is how it turned out for RK's victim...

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/19/womans-horrific-injuries-at-hands-of-russell-kirkpatrick

"The injuries he inflicted were brutal and horrific:

Her nose, orbital bone and jaw were broken and she spent two weeks at Sunnybrook undergoing reconstructive facial surgery as well as treatment for cranial nerve damage to one eye and trauma to her vaginal area.

In her statement of claim, she says she still suffers disfigurement and scarring to her face, “which is a constant reminder to her of the brutal attack she suffered.”

She’s lost her sense of smell and can’t breathe normally; she has numbness and tingling in her cheek and mouth because of neurological damage.

She can’t concentrate at work and suffers from chronic depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, nightmares, flashbacks, angry outbursts, hypervigilance, insomnia, anxiety and panic attacks, social isolation and fear of going out alone or facing Kirkpatrick in court.

This vicious attack stole something else as well: “No longer being able to visit her mother’s gravesite and to enjoy the solace and deep sense of connection and purpose that she previously enjoyed during her regular visits.”

Bumping for the search for the Woodland Rapist..

Pic included in this news link ..
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/02/12/arrest-made-in-child-*advertiser censored*-investigation/

"Toronto police have made an arrest in a child *advertiser censored* investigation and officers believe there may be more victims.

Police allege the accused both owned and accessed child sexual-abuse images, and made those images available to others.

He also allegedly went online and made arrangements to sexually abuse a child

Philip Cuttiford, 49, of Toronto, was arrested on Feb. 6. He has been charged with possession of child *advertiser censored*, accessing child *advertiser censored*, make available child *advertiser censored*, and make arrangement to commit sexual assault".

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/02/cemetery-sex-attacker-declared-dangerous-offender

"Kirkpatrick has a history of violence. He pleaded guilty in 2000 to aggravated assault after grabbing a woman from an elevator, slamming her head into the concrete wall of a garbage room, shoving his fingers down her throat to keep her quiet while trying to unbutton her pants.

Last year he pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault and choking in connection with his brutal 2010 attack of a 61-year-old woman in Pine Hills cemetery. He choked her into unconsciousness, broke her nose, jaw and orbital bone, and left her with a traumatic brain injury that requires treatment to this day. He also sexually assaulted her."

I am so frustrated that this predator has never been brought to justice. It’s mind boggling to me that the authorities have never gotten a DNA hit. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that maybe the attacker has died which sent me on a search. I did find someone who went missing and is presumed dead shortly after the last attack. This person fits the description of the woodland rapist to a T—-height, weight, complexion and hair. I have no evidence that he is responsible so of course will not post the name here. I have tried to find some info linking him to the cities where the attacks occurred, but had no success. I am not internet savvy and not a great researcher so am hoping some of you would pick up the chase. If anyone is interested, please message me so I can give you the name and details.
Thank you

Since the rapes stopped, I wonder if the fellow committed suicide? I assume LE will take a look at the deaths in 1995-96, to see. I do think it is really unlikely he just stopped - must have moved, got caught on something, or died.

When I get some time, perhaps I will start combing through missing males that fit the description in the region... perhaps he himself went missing. Might be worth a look, I guess.

Reading this about the children who were dragged into the woods and were so brutally assaulted reminds me of another case which took place in Whitefish, ON, in 1992. A 9 yr old girl, Rosalynn Dupuis, had been dragged into the bush, tied to a tree and murdered by Darryl Cowles. I believe that the case went to trial in 1995. He was charged with manslaughter and sentenced to 10(!!) yrs, but was released in 2002 after serving 6 yrs and three months of his sentence.

At the time of his release, police issued a warning "stating there are reasonable and probable grounds to fear that Darryl Cowles represents a high risk for committing another serious personal injury offence."

Cowles was 15 when he murdered Rosalynn in 1992. The Woodland Rapist was thought to be between 18-20 when the Oakville murder took place on Aug 31. 1995. There's so little information available about the 1992 murder and trial, that I can't suggest with any confidence that the Woodland Rapist might be Darryl Cowles.

But one thing that might be significant, is that according to her best friend, Rosalynn was not raped. If that is true, it's possible that Cowles' DNA from that murder was not taken, or was not considered when police were looking for a sex offender in 1994-5.

Express News - Sudbury.com
The Light of My Life
The child-killer comes home. (Law & Disorder). - Alberta Report | HighBeam Research

Great post Musicaljoke. Cowle’s victim was found tied to a tree which is what the woodland rapist did to atleast one of his victims. I wish I could find picture and description of Cowles.

Great post Musicaljoke. Cowle’s victim was found tied to a tree which is what the woodland rapist did to atleast one of his victims. I wish I could find picture and description of Cowles.
Also tried to find a pic. thinking it must be buried somewhere because the killer was 15 at the time. imo, speculation.
Express News - Sudbury.com
"Mar 20, 2006
"Child killer Darryl Cowles has been charged with violating the terms of a probation order.

Cowles was taken into custody Dec. 6 by police after he allegedly was seen in the company of certain children Dec. 1 in the Walden area.

Cowles spent almost 10 years in jail for manslaughter in the 1992 stabbing death of a Whitefish girl, nine-year- old Rosalynn Dupuis.

The body of the girl, which was bound to a tree, was found after a massive search in a wooded area 200 metres from her home. She had been stabbed in the chest.

Cowles, who was 15 when he killed Rosalynn, returned home in January. He had been living in a London, Ont. halfway house immediately after his release from jail in February 2001.

When he returned to this area in January, Greater Sudbury Police issued a warning about Cowles, stating there are reasonable and probable grounds to fear that Darryl Cowles represents a high risk for committing another serious personal injury offence.

The service said then it had grave concern for the immediate safety of the public because of Cowles presence in the community."

Police reopen cold case involving serial rapist
''Authorities say the man has never been arrested for rape as his DNA doesn't match any known sex offenders that are currently in the National Data Bank.''

• This black cotton shirt was left behind at one of the crime scenes.

• Police released a composite sketch of a suspect wanted in a series of rapes that took place in the 90s.
Woodland rapist case reopened
rbbm.
  • ''About 1,000 potential suspects were investigated, including a few men arrested for sexual assault, whose appearance was strikingly similar to his description: 5-foot-8, 140 pounds with freckles and hair worn in a ponytail.''

“He was about 18 to mid-20s back in 1995, so he would be still a young man today,” Doherty says.

Several hundred people interviewed also voluntarily submitted their DNA. Nearly 200 police forces in states bordering southern Ontario were also contacted.

In the Oakville attack, the assailant left behind a partial palm print, a black golf shirt with an unique emblem of a drake wood duck, and stained underwear, which he had worn on his head during the assaults. Police have never been able to determine where the shirt was made, although they traced the underwear to a Kenyan manufacturer.

Doherty said it is not unusual for a pedophile to attack boys and girls. “From my experience investigating these cases, pedophiles do cross over from gender to gender.”

Investigators don’t believe he would have changed his sexual preference to adults but that hasn’t stopped them from checking all adult sexual assaults against his DNA.''

''At one point, investigators were certain he preyed on his victims, planning his attacks in advance. But Doherty won’t speculate on whether the assailant operated that way or whether his victims were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.''

Bump.

Forensic Geneology would help this case. Thanks dotr for pointing me this way.

Edited to change "DOTR" to "dotr" --- as it more properly is!

Wow Arrest!
''The arrest earlier this month follows decades of subsequent searching, including nightly neighbourhood canvases, a special police task force and re-examination years later by a cold case unit — all failing to net an arrest. It also comes as advances in technology have seen a number of prominent GTA cold cases solved through the use of new DNA technologies.''

''Richard Neil, 64, was arrested on March 3 by Peel Police, according to public court records. He remains in custody ahead of a bail hearing.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back