CANADA Canada - The Woodland Rapist of Southern Ontario, 1992-1995 *Arrest*

rbbm
''Peel and Halton police said Wednesday that a suspect from British Columbia was taken into custody on March 3 in connection with the investigation.

They said 64-year-old Richard Neil is now facing more than 20 charges, including kidnapping, sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, and administering a noxious thing with intent.

He was held for a bail hearing, police said.

"There is a publication ban in place to protect the identity of the victims, and no additional information is being released at this time," Peel and Halton police said.''

rbbm
''Peel and Halton police said Wednesday that a suspect from British Columbia was taken into custody on March 3 in connection with the investigation.

They said 64-year-old Richard Neil is now facing more than 20 charges, including kidnapping, sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, and administering a noxious thing with intent.

He was held for a bail hearing, police said.

"There is a publication ban in place to protect the identity of the victims, and no additional information is being released at this time," Peel and Halton police said.''

Oh my goodness! It is good news that the suspect has been found and charged.

March 14 2024 rbbm
''The first boy was just eight years old when he was lured into the woods in Idlewood Park in Kitchener and sexually assaulted by a knife-wielding man on Aug. 21, 1992.
Just over two years later – on Sept. 29, 1994 – a 10-year-old boy was similarly sexually assaulted by a man in North Place Park in Brampton.
And the following year – on Aug. 31, 1995 – a man forced a 15-year-old girl at gunpoint into a wooded area of Oakville’s Wildwood Park and raped her for five hours.
DNA tests on semen-stained underwear found at one of the crime scenes allegedly determined the same man was behind all three attacks, during which the rapist wore underwear on his head, tied his victims to trees and forced them to drink urine.''

Has his photo been released? Just curious how close to the composite sketch he is.
Been looking all over for a photo without luck, very curious to see how closely he might resemble the sketch, also very curious about the underwear made in Kenya.
''Police have never been able to determine where the shirt was made, although they traced the underwear to a Kenyan manufacturer.''

Last edited:
he was arrested by Peel police right so there should be a mugshot?
I can't find anywhere on their site to view mugshots

he was arrested by Peel police right so there should be a mugshot?
I can't find anywhere on their site to view mugshots

I believe that he was arrested in British Columbia, not Ontario. Unsure if he's been extradicted back to Ontario as of yet.

I believe that he was arrested in British Columbia, not Ontario. Unsure if he's been extradicted back to Ontario as of yet.

that's not the way I read this first quote - he may have been 'detained' by B.C. police and very often detectives will travel to arrest a suspect so that could be what happened here but I'm not finding anything that says B.C. police arrested or charged him - maybe he was flown back (accompanied by a couple detectives and in handcuffs?) and arrested as he got off the plane ...

Richard Neil, 64, was arrested on March 3 by Peel Police, according to public court records. He remains in custody ahead of a bail hearing.

Police in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) say they have charged a suspect decades after an alleged serial rapist who targeted children eluded police in the 1990s.

Peel Regional police say a multi-jurisdictional investigation – involving the combined efforts of officers from Peel, Halton and Waterloo – has led to an arrest in a series of brutal sexual assaults on kids that occurred decades ago.

Could be, but it would be unusual in Canada for non-jursidictional police to make the arrest out of their jusrisdiction (unless RCMP). Usually its made by local jurisdictional authorities and followed up with an extradition process.

This is the one I read:

A man from British Columbia is facing several charges in connection with sexual assaults against children in southern Ontario in the 1990s.
The arrest came after a multijurisdictional investigation dubbed “Project Woodland” that related to a series of sexual assaults that occurred in Peel, Halton and Waterloo regions between 1992 and 1995.
In a Wednesday release, Peel Regional Police said investigators arrested and charged a suspect on March 3.

It would be normal however for Peel Regional Police to make the announcement of the arrest as it is their case. I think the investigators being referred to are those from the "multijurisdictional investigation" immediately preceeding the comment rather than Peel Investigators themselves although they may have been present.

Either way, it is here nor there - SOB is arrested, will face charges and hopefully these people who were so traumatized and victimized in their childhood and youth get the justice they deserve and which is long overdue them.

I too am hoping that a mugshot comes out soon, or at least some more info on the suspect, as my googling thus far is hinting that there may have been some involvement in youth programs by the individual while living in BC. I would like to see that confirmed or denied.

I have found Neil families, including a Richard, online in BC and a Neil couple running a daycare there. Have also found Neil families in the area where the crimes took place in Ontario. However, my guess is there is so little about him on the internet because he tried to lay low. I'm not assuming the Richard Neil I located on the internet in BC is the same one who committed the crimes. I sure hope not because, if so, he is leaving behind a heartbroken wife and family. Wouldn't it be unusual if someone in his early 30's committed such brutal crimes, never to offend again? I mean, his DNA was on file, and they only found a match through genealogy. I did find it interesting that one of the BC Neil family men worked for BC Wildlife. i'm thinking of the duck logo on the perp's shirt.

I have found Neil families, including a Richard, online in BC and a Neil couple running a daycare there. Have also found Neil families in the area where the crimes took place in Ontario. However, my guess is there is so little about him on the internet because he tried to lay low. I'm not assuming the Richard Neil I located on the internet in BC is the same one who committed the crimes. I sure hope not because, if so, he is leaving behind a heartbroken wife and family. Wouldn't it be unusual if someone in his early 30's committed such brutal crimes, never to offend again? I mean, his DNA was on file, and they only found a match through genealogy. I did find it interesting that one of the BC Neil family men worked for BC Wildlife. i'm thinking of the duck logo on the perp's shirt.
The one I'm interested in was not a daycare operator, but was involved in community youth programs.

Thomas Daigle, Michelle Song · CBC News · Posted: Mar 27, 2024 rbbm lengthy article.
''A former lead investigator says Richard Neil was not among the more than 1,000 potential suspects in what became known as the notorious "woodland rapist" case. Now, newly obtained public records provide insight into the accused's background for the first time.''

''He made a brief appearance in Brampton court Wednesday morning over Zoom from a holding cell, wearing a dark puffer jacket. Neil is scheduled to return for a bail hearing next Tuesday.''

''A source with knowledge of the investigation told CBC News the accused was living in B.C. recently, but was arrested when he returned to Toronto.''

''A charge sheet filed in Brampton court, however, lists Neil's address as a condo in Toronto's North York area. Property records show Neil purchased the home in 2011. Adler referred to his client as "a Toronto man."

When a reporter went to the North York address earlier this month, packages addressed to Neil had been delivered to the front door.
One neighbour said Neil lived part of the year on Vancouver Island.''
''Investigators have not ruled out connecting more historical assaults to this case.''

1711803167650.png
Richard Neil was arrested on March 3 and charged in a series of sexual assaults on children in Ontario in the 1990s, police from Ontario's Peel, Halton and Waterloo regions announced earlier this month. Police say the 'historical' photo, left, was taken from an Ontario driver's licence issued in 1996. (Peel Regional Police Service)
''In a news release Friday, investigators said they believe there may be more victims. They also released a photo of Neil for the first time since his arrest. Police confirmed to CBC News the "historical" photo released Friday is from an Ontario driver's licence issued in 1996.

On Wednesday, the accused made a brief appearance in Brampton court from a holding cell. He is scheduled to return for a bail hearing next Tuesday.''
1711803938978.png
''Neil also had a close family connection to the Kitchener-Waterloo area in Ontario in the early 1990s, at the time of the first attack.''
''On Aug. 21, 1992, an eight-year-old boy was reportedly lured into a wooded area in Kitchener's Idlewood Park, tied to a tree and raped.''
''It's not clear where Neil was living at the time. But public records show his late mother was then employed at the nearby University of Waterloo.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back