Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #7 **ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't open it. I know the list well....very well.......why I said Canada doesn't need a death penalty until they get their act better in order.

Well with the advancement in forensics I think they are getting their act in better order. An example of that would be the homeless drifter who was arrested in the Audrey Gleave case. He was released from custody as soon as the DNA/forensic evidence was processed.

Unfortunately in this case, there is likely no DNA evidence to be found with TB's body. However perhaps his truck or cellphone will give some forensic clues.

To keep dragging up old cases that were tried long before these advancements in forensics and technology, we're not making a good point regarding innocent people who may have been convicted since those advancements IMO.

MOO

Well they used to be an airline, then in the 90's went bankrupt and came back as a airplane maintenance company...and continued in the same line of work until WM's death

Pretty sure it was stated in an earlier thread that they were still waiting on a certain permit to start the airline maintenance at the time of WM's death. I do not believe the company ever went into operation.

Pretty sure it was stated in an earlier thread that they were still waiting on a certain permit to start the airline maintenance at the time of WM's death. I do not believe the company ever went into operation.

"Millardair hired several mechanics and other staff in preparation for launching its aircraft repair and maintenance business, according to an employee at another company based at the Waterloo airport. However, after Wayne died, the workers were laid off and neighbours spotted little activity at Millardair’s new hangar. One online listing shows the hangar was available for lease."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/dellen-millard-what-is-known-about-man-charged-in-slaying-of-tim-bosma/article11916460/?service=mobile

"Millardair hired several mechanics and other staff in preparation for launching its aircraft repair and maintenance business, according to an employee at another company based at the Waterloo airport. However, after Wayne died, the workers were laid off and neighbours spotted little activity at Millardair’s new hangar. One online listing shows the hangar was available for lease."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/dellen-millard-what-is-known-about-man-charged-in-slaying-of-tim-bosma/article11916460/?service=mobile

I would really like to learn more about this.

After the father Wayne, who Blomquist describes as a shrewd businessman, spent all this time and money building up a new business, why would Dellen shut it down so quickly?

It would seem that if it was a good business proposition, someone would be eager to buy it.

Blomquist has also suggested that people wanted Millardair out of the way. Wayne's death certainly seems to have accomplished this.

Perhaps Blomquist will provide more information.

Confused here. Has someone actually suggested alien abduction of the truck? Link please.

It was used to represent an example of the absolute borders of some previous speculation.(as in sarcasm)
Nothing more.

Well he has a lawyer now. And he still isn't talking. So if we are to go by the example that he wanted to wait until he had legal counsel to clear his name, fine. So why isn't he doing that now by interviewing with LE with his lawyer present?

So yes, it is my POV that it's perfectly fine to exercise your rights under the law, but it's just not the usual reaction from an innocent person with absolutely no previous experience with the law according to his own lawyer. However, it makes absolutely no sense to continue your silence and sit in a jail cell when you do have legal counsel unless you have something to hide.

MOO

Jail is cutting into his life of leisure. Can't say I'd prefer jail over his lavish lifestyle, IMO.

Well he has a lawyer now. And he still isn't talking. So if we are to go by the example that he wanted to wait until he had legal counsel to clear his name, fine. So why isn't he doing that now by interviewing with LE with his lawyer present?

So yes, it is my POV that it's perfectly fine to exercise your rights under the law, but it's just not the usual reaction from an innocent person with absolutely no previous experience with the law according to his own lawyer. However, it makes absolutely no sense to continue your silence and sit in a jail cell when you do have legal counsel unless you have something to hide.

MOO

So then maybe you're right. Maybe he's guilty and is staying silent because he doesn't have an alibi, doesn't have evidence to prove it didn't do it, etc. Now what? It's not like we can just skip right to sentencing.

After the father Wayne, who Blomquist describes as a shrewd businessman, spent all this time and money building up a new business, why would Dellen shut it down so quickly?

It would seem that if it was a good business proposition, someone would be eager to buy it.

Blomquist has also suggested that people wanted Millardair out of the way. Wayne's death certainly seems to have accomplished this.

This is what I have seen on the subject......

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...arged-with-killing-tim-bosma/article12009016/

But when Wayne, who was in his early 70s, died suddenly last fall, Dellen put his father’s plans on ice, laying off staff and cancelling a key certificate from Transport Canada. Instead, he put the hangar up for lease and continued to store his collection of cars and aircraft there.

DM's grandfather CM was previously quoted as stating that DM never had any interest in the airline business so this may be the obvious reason that DM did not proceed with the new business; he just simply wasn't in the least interested and was more interested in his own fun/pursuits. If you think about it, DM lead a rather charmed life, likely never had to work a day in his life, had everything he ever wanted and more - so why would want to then want to take on the headaches and responsibility of the new company that he had no interest in? JMO as a possibility.

Could you please provide some links/sources to back up this claim that Wayne Millard was a shrewd businessman.

I'm wondering why after his death, Dellen took steps to close the business down and not proceed with Wayne's plans.

If it was a viable/excellent business opportunity, why would he not go ahead with it? Wouldn't people be lining up to buy the business.

Lot's of family businesses founder at the third generation. This is a classic example of that, gone badly.

1 - party animal - *check
2 - never really knew the true value of money, never really earned it - *check
3 - more money required to actually start up the K-W MRO with 50-90 clerical and maintenance positions, means much less money for toys and parties, and much less time in order to do all of that with Wayne gone.
4 - An affluent Slacker with a Chef Certificate, as a CEO of a multi-million dollar maintenance outfit and with Government Regs falling out your arse to comply with .. Really?
5 - see parts 1 to 4 .. absolutely no business sense remaining, at this third generation example.

If you think about it, DM lead a rather charmed life, likely never had to work a day in his life, had everything he ever wanted and more - so why would want to then want to take on the headaches and responsibility of the new company that he had no interest in? JMO as a possibility.

This is true. But you have to wonder if Wayne was such a shrewd businessman, as Blomquist says he was, why he allowed this slacker lifestyle if indeed he did.

What is it Warren Buffett has said? You should give your child enough money to do something and not enough to do nothing.

Perhaps Dellen inherited directly from his grandfather. But again, given his lack of interest in the family business, it seems unlikely Grandpa would leave him millions. Dellen was allegedly already doing *advertiser censored* photo shoots in the hangar before the old man kicked the bucket.

Lot's of family businesses founder at the third generation. This is a classic example of that, gone badly.

1 - party animal - *check
2 - never really knew the true value of money, never really earned it - *check
3 - more money required to actually start up the K-W MRO with 50-90 clerical and maintenance positions, means much less money for toys and parties, and much less time in order to do all of that with Wayne gone.
4 - An affluent Slacker with a Chef Certificate, as a CEO of a multi-million dollar maintenance outfit and with Government Regs falling out your arse to comply with .. Really?
5 - see parts 1 to 4 .. absolutely no business sense remaining, at this third generation example.

Agree with all that. Still wondering whether there's any evidence that Wayne was a shrewd businessman as Blomquist said he was.

After all, he was starting this business in his seventies. Who was he planning on leaving it to?

Keep in mind too that the cops are now looking anew into Wayne's death.

When you are picked up by LE for a crime, it is not a court of law. While you do not have to "prove you are innocent" to them, it is in your best interest to do so. It is different than "proving you are innocent" in a court of law at trial. Something which we know you do no have to do, although if you can it certainly can't hurt your case. Your rights in the criminal justice system should not be a consideration when first picked up by LE for a crime you didn't commit. Your innocence and immediate freedom should be. If you can prove it and go home the same evening, you will.

And what if you can't prove it but you know you are innocent. In a great many circumstances its in your best interest to shut your trap if you are picked up by the police even if you are innocent. You really need to watch this video, it comes in two parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

Part 1 is a law school professor. Part 2 is a cop. Both explain why you should never talk to the police even if you know you are innocent. Granted this video discusses things in the United States but I would think the same principles apply to the Canadian legal system.

In Part 1, listen to these points regarding a client who knows they are innocent:

"3. Even if your client is innocent and denies his guilt and mostly tells the truth, he can easily get carried away and tell some little lie or make some little mistake that will hang him."

"4. Even if your client is innocent and only tells the truth, he will ALWAYS give the police some information that can be used to help convict him."

"5. Even if your client is innocent and only tells the truth and does not tell the police anything incriminating, there is still a grave chance that his answers can be used to crucify him if the police don't recall his testimony with 100% accuracy."

"6. Even if your client is innocent and only tells the truth and does not tell the police anything incriminating and his statement is videotaped, his answers can be used to crucify him if the police don't recall the questions with 100% accuracy."

"7. Even if your client is innocent and only tells the truth and does not tell the police anything incriminating and the entire interview is videotaped, his answers can still be used to crucify him if the police have ANY evidence, even mistaken or unreliable evidence, showing any of his statements are false."

At 16:00 of Part 1, there is a quote which is extremely telling:

"One of the Fifth Amendment's basic functions is to protect innocent men who otherwise might be ensnared by ambiguous circumstances. Truthful responses of an innocent witness, as well as those of a wrongdoer, may provide the government with incriminating evidence from the speaker's own mouth."

Food for thought.

Now, I think based on the evidence we've heard of thus far that DM had a direct link to the demise of TB. But make no mistake, that right to remain silent is there to protect innocent people from wrongful conviction.

I just relayed an opinion that was passed onto me from somebody who is having trouble registering and claims they grew up with MB, and the post is now gone.

Just so I dont make the same mistake again, can a mod please contact me and explain what I did wrong, or what rules the post broke, or if Im going loopy and the post was never published?

If you're guilty.

MOO

That is not at all true, and a brief recollection of David Milgaard, Guy Paul Morin and Steven Truscott's cases reminded us of the indispensable need for defense strategy for anyone standing accused.

This is true. But you have to wonder if Wayne was such a shrewd businessman, as Blomquist says he was, why he allowed this slacker lifestyle if indeed he did.

What is it Warren Buffett has said? You should give your child enough money to do something and not enough to do nothing.

Perhaps Dellen inherited directly from his grandfather. But again, given his lack of interest in the family business, it seems unlikely he would leave him millions.

Not sure that WM would have been able to "stop" DM from being a good-timing slacker, not really. And the fact that DM was his only son/child, it's possible that he couldn't help but spoil him.

And CM may have still left DM tons of money upon his death, even if DM never had an aspiration to following in CM or WM's footsteps. CM may have respected the fact that his grandson simply had other aspirations and if the airline business is just not in your heart, it's just not and you can't force it or hold it against him? JMO

So then maybe you're right. Maybe he's guilty and is staying silent because he doesn't have an alibi, doesn't have evidence to prove it didn't do it, etc. Now what? It's not like we can just skip right to sentencing.

No...he will sit in jail for the next couple of years while LE continue to gather evidence against him and continue to search for the other person's involved. While they also reopen the file on his father's death and review the missing person's case on LB.

According to his lawyer there is another story here but it relies on them finding the other suspects. Why he isn't helping in that regard I have no idea.

If he's lucky, he'll just go to trial with the current evidence against him and they'll find nothing more. Which is pretty damning, but based on only what we've been told by MSM is largely circumstantial. I guess he's willing to take his chances?

MOO

Agree with all that. Still wondering whether there's any evidence that Wayne was a shrewd businessman.

After all, he was starting this in his seventies. Who was he planning on leaving it to?

Keep in mind too that the cops are now looking anew into Wayne's death.

Perhaps Wayne's focus wasn't so much on who was he going to leave it to, as so much as he wanted to build it back up to what it once was. Since 1990, Millardair was a shadow of what it once was before bankruptcy. What they had in personal assets, was likely what is left of the Carl Millard dynasty that peaked in the early 1970's.

The K-W MRO hanger, was very much like a new start-up operation. It would have required significant more funding out of personal savings, to equip for actual operations and overhead capital.

I don't think Wayne really planned on kicking the bucket as soon as he did. He probably was going for broke to get this set up. His focus would have been on survival and growth.. not on whom is the successor for the remains of Millardair, at the present. There would have been a fundamental problem with Dellen, in possibly seeing his inheritance go up in smoke, and not the type that you can inhale... Therein lies a possible motive for the 'mysterious suicide by bullet in eye theory..' with the sudden, and perhaps untimely passing of Wayne, at a relatively young age as compared to his father Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45