Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to say we were right all along. But I can't believe to the extent. Its scary, if you interpret and apply the charges and brainstorm.....

I hope her parents can bring her and the children home.

Joshua Boyle, Canadian hostage in Afghanistan, arrested and faces list of charges in Ottawa

Boyle appears in court Wednesday to face 15 charges, including sexual assault and forcible confinement.

Boyle faces 15 charges, according to a court document outlining the allegations.

These include:

Eight counts of assault;
Two counts of sexual assault;
Two counts of unlawful confinement;
One count of uttering death threats;
One count of causing someone to “take a noxious thing, namely Trazodone;” and
One count of misleading police.

Joshua Boyle, Canadian hostage in Afghanistan, arrested and faces list of charges in Ottawa

Boyle appears in court Wednesday to face 15 charges, including sexual assault and forcible confinement.

Boyle faces 15 charges, according to a court document outlining the allegations.

These include:

Eight counts of assault;
Whoa. This is quite the development!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Whoa. This is quite the development!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've been following along quietly but I'm so relieved to see they've got him. BTW Bellbaby posted the link. I just C&P'd from it.

From The Star article:

In a statement to the Star, Caitlan wrote, “I can’t speak about the specific charges, but I can say that ultimately it is the strain and trauma he was forced to endure for so many years and the effects that that had on his mental state that is most culpable for this.

“Obviously, he is responsible for his own actions,” she wrote, “but it is with compassion and forgiveness that I say I hope help and healing can be found for him. As to the rest of us, myself and the children, we are healthy and holding up as well as we can.”

These include:

Eight counts of assault;
WOW. Just wow!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

These include:

Eight counts of assault;

Also: "Joshua Boyle, the Canadian man who was held hostage with his American wife and children for five years in Afghanistan and Pakistan, has been arrested and charged with assault, unlawful confinement and other offences that are alleged to have occurred in the weeks since his dramatic rescue from captivity in October."

bolded by me

So these charges apply to what he did after their release, most likely to his wife and kids. She must have spoken to police. I'm glad she and the kids are alright. This was touch and go it seems, could very likely have ended in tragedy. What a lunatic!

BTW, Trazodone is an anti-depressant with sleep inducing qualities.

HOLY CRAP!
2 victims... you'd think if it was his wife and kids there would be more victims right?
Is it even possible that he's so unhinged these were crimes against others?
Or maybe it only lists the victims that are old enough to testify what happened.

Eight counts of assault....two counts of sexual assault.... geez. Was he further traumatizing his children, wife or both?

He deserves to be locked up with violent prisoners strung out on PCP.

Also: "Joshua Boyle, the Canadian man who was held hostage with his American wife and children for five years in Afghanistan and Pakistan, has been arrested and charged with assault, unlawful confinement and other offences that are alleged to have occurred in the weeks since his dramatic rescue from captivity in October."

bolded by me

So these charges apply to what he did after their release, most likely to his wife and kids. She must have spoken to police. I'm glad she and the kids are alright. This was touch and go it seems, could very likely have ended in tragedy. What a lunatic!

Idk, her statement still felt kind of sketchy to me. Like “its not his fault bc of what he’s been thru”. I wonder if mandatory reporters reached out to LE and sparked an investigation.

Either way - HELL YEAH CANADA! I thought you guys were gonna let him slide. [emoji6]

So what does Trudeau have to say about all this?

Praying for caitlan and the kids. Hopefully they can come back to the US to be with Caitlin’s family, and away from the influence of the Boyle’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...charged-with-sex-assault-forcible-confinement Jan 2, 2018

Former Afghanistan captive Joshua Boyle charged with sex assault, forcible confinement

Boyle, 34, spent New Year’s Day at the Innes Road jail after Ottawa police arrested him after an alleged series of disturbing crimes dating back to Oct. 14 — two days after Boyle called his family in Canada to tell them he had been freed.

Media asking Ottawa Police why no media release of arrest.

According to Chief of Police there was no news or media release concerning the arrest in cases where the victims may be identified

Joe Warmington‏Verified account
@joe_warmington

News and Media - Ottawa Police Service i don't see news release on Boyle arrest. Did I miss it? @ChiefBordeleau https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/search.aspx …

Anthony Furey Retweeted Joe Warmington
The Ottawa Police Service regularly posts notices of persons charged. No such release came out concerning Joshua Boyle.

Charles Bordeleau
‏

@ChiefBordeleau
2h2 hours ago

No. We don't issue news releases in cases where a victim can be identified.

https://twitter.com/KDuggam/status/948344915360133122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member