Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...charged-with-sex-assault-forcible-confinement Jan 2, 2018

Former Afghanistan captive Joshua Boyle charged with sex assault, forcible confinement

Boyle, 34, spent New Year’s Day at the Innes Road jail after Ottawa police arrested him after an alleged series of disturbing crimes dating back to Oct. 14 — two days after Boyle called his family in Canada to tell them he had been freed.

Ottawa police Chief Charles Bordeleau said publicly Tuesday night that police are “concerned there may have been other victims.”

How frightening.

Media asking Ottawa Police why no media release of arrest.

According to Chief of Police there was no news or media release concerning the arrest in cases where the victims may be identified

Joe Warmington‏Verified account
@joe_warmington

News and Media - Ottawa Police Service i don't see news release on Boyle arrest. Did I miss it? @ChiefBordeleau https://www.ottawapolice.ca/en/news/search.aspx …

Anthony Furey Retweeted Joe Warmington
The Ottawa Police Service regularly posts notices of persons charged. No such release came out concerning Joshua Boyle.

Charles Bordeleau
‏

@ChiefBordeleau
2h2 hours ago

No. We don't issue news releases in cases where a victim can be identified.

https://twitter.com/KDuggam/status/948344915360133122

Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also: "Joshua Boyle, the Canadian man who was held hostage with his American wife and children for five years in Afghanistan and Pakistan, has been arrested and charged with assault, unlawful confinement and other offences that are alleged to have occurred in the weeks since his dramatic rescue from captivity in October."

bolded by me

So these charges apply to what he did after their release, most likely to his wife and kids. She must have spoken to police. I'm glad she and the kids are alright. This was touch and go it seems, could very likely have ended in tragedy. What a lunatic!

Its been stated the charges occured between Oct 14 and Dec 30.
They arrived in Toronto on Oct 13 and to his parents home in Smith Falls on Oct 14.

I am wondering if reports came from those who have cared for them in the medical and/or perhaps mental health field? According to previous reports the children have been seen by medical staff at CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) and we know she was also hospitalized.

How frightening.

I updated my previous post.
One of the tweets made by Chief of Police concerning public safety and other victims was NOT about Boyle. Media guy asked about 2 arrests regarding sexual assault and why police did not send out a media release for Boyle like they would do for all other arrests.

Its been stated the charges occured between Oct 14 and Dec 30.
They arrived in Toronto on Oct 13 and to his parents home in Smith Falls on Oct 14.

I am wondering if reports came from those who have cared for them in the medical and/or perhaps mental health field? According to previous reports the children have been seen by medical staff at CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario) and we know she was also hospitalized.

That’s what I’m thinking. That a mandatory reporter (nurse, doctor, etc) stepped in and contacted officials.

Idk, her statement still felt kind of sketchy to me. Like “its not his fault bc of what he’s been thru”. I wonder if mandatory reporters reached out to LE and sparked an investigation.

Either way - HELL YEAH CANADA! I thought you guys were gonna let him slide. [emoji6]

So what does Trudeau have to say about all this?

Praying for caitlan and the kids. Hopefully they can come back to the US to be with Caitlin’s family, and away from the influence of the Boyle’s.

Bold By Me
That's what I think.
Caitlin or one of the children could have said something that raised red flags to a mandatory reporter.
I also wonder if it could be possible a family member said something...

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...charged-with-sex-assault-forcible-confinement Jan 2, 2018

Former Afghanistan captive Joshua Boyle charged with sex assault, forcible confinement

Boyle, 34, spent New Year’s Day at the Innes Road jail after Ottawa police arrested him after an alleged series of disturbing crimes dating back to Oct. 14 — two days after Boyle called his family in Canada to tell them he had been freed.

Boyle is also charged with misleading police on Dec. 30 after reporting that someone was suicidal and missing.

Police are alleging that Boyle concocted the story to “divert suspicion from himself.”

The guy had problems even before he took his pregnant wife to Afghanistan. How did he end up so messed up?

Bold By Me
That's what I think.
Caitlin or one of the children could have said something that raised red flags to a mandatory reporter.
I also wonder if it could be possible a family member said something...

Caitlan seemed really brainwashed during her early interviews, so I am not sure if I can picture her saying something. But maybe she found inner strength and confided in a nurse? I also assume she had a female examination, considering she gave birth to 3 (4?) children while in captivity (pretty much a dirt hole according to JB). Maybe a female exam caused concern? I’m obviously speculating.

If a family member said something, I don’t picture it being a Boyle family member. They seem so delusional, or maybe they’re just in denial, when it comes to Joshua. Wasn’t the dad a respected judge? And yet he condoned his son marrying into a family of terrorists? Something just seems wrong about the Boyle’s to me. Caitlan need to GTFO of Canada (away from the Boyle’s) and back to her family, taking her kids with her.

Who thinks he will be charged with crimes related to terrorism? I am speaking as a US citizen, and I know Canada is different, so take my opinion as that of someone in the US. But I am think these are just initial charges to get him in custody, get him to flap his mouth as he always does, and build a terrorism case. But that’s probably just me playing a movie in my head since Boyle’s ex brother in law Omar khdar was awarded $10mil from the govt lol

Just read the headline - and came here for more info.

What a weird development.

jmo

Who thinks he will be charged with crimes related to terrorism? I am speaking as a US citizen, and I know Canada is different, so take my opinion as that of someone in the US. But I am think these are just initial charges to get him in custody, get him to flap his mouth as he always does, and build a terrorism case. But that’s probably just me playing a movie in my head since Boyle’s ex brother in law Omar khdar was awarded $10mil from the govt lol

I absolutely think that CSIS has Boyle in their sights. I believe that they have been (and had been) watching him.

Caitlan seemed really brainwashed during her early interviews, so I am not sure if I can picture her saying something. But maybe she found inner strength and confided in a nurse? I also assume she had a female examination, considering she gave birth to 3 (4?) children while in captivity (pretty much a dirt hole according to JB). Maybe a female exam caused concern? I’m obviously speculating.

If a family member said something, I don’t picture it being a Boyle family member. They seem so delusional, or maybe they’re just in denial, when it comes to Joshua. Wasn’t the dad a respected judge? And yet he condoned his son marrying into a family of terrorists? Something just seems wrong about the Boyle’s to me. Caitlan need to GTFO of Canada (away from the Boyle’s) and back to her family, taking her kids with her.

I agree with you
In one of the articles it said his mother will be appearing before the court tomorrow at his bail hearing. Hope they report what she says.
JB's father is still an active Federal Tax Court Judge
I read her parents are here in Ottawa with her.

In the article below, neighbours spoke to the media about them.
On Dec 30 Police went door to door in the small apartment building talking to the neighbours....wonder what Police asked and what the response was.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...charged-with-sex-assault-forcible-confinement

I absolutely think that CSIS has Boyle in their sights. I believe that they have been (and had been) watching him.

That may be true
And his father, as an active Federal Court Judge, would also have federal security on him. In the photos of the family, after they arrived in Smith Falls, you see all the law enforcement....who knows what else they had their eyes and ears on

Only time will tell.

What do you think the Justin Trudeau photo op was about? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m just trying to understand a country with a different government and a different situation than where I live.

That may be true
And his father, as an active Federal Court Judge, would also have federal security on him. In the photos of the family, after they arrived in Smith Falls, you see all the law enforcement....who knows what else they had their eyes and ears on

It’s just crazy to me that the son of a federal court judge can marry into a family with known terrorist ties, and the father still has his respected job. I’m not saying fire the father, but I can’t imagine that his peers look at him the same. My best friends dad is a regular NYC judge, not federal or anything, and if she so much as got a public intoxication citation she’d have major hell to pay.

We’re playing the same movie in our heads, Bears. I don’t think there was any way that Canadian security was just going to ignore him. I also wonder if his “audience” with Trudeau had a backstory in that connection.

What do you think the Justin Trudeau photo op was about? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m just trying to understand a country with a different government and a different situation than where I live.

Probably just another photo-op. I have friends who have been on the front lawn of Parliament Hill doing yoga (yup we have yoga sessions on the front lawn of our Parliament builds during the warmer months of course LOL) and JT shows up for photo op and does yoga poses with some people

I have been on twitter and JT is being crucified by some members of the opposition party and some local retired lawyers
One retired lawyer in particular is tweeting and asking Why JT ignored RCMP report of investigation into Boyle.??? This comment on twitter has me intrigued.

So he mislead LE to divert attention from himself by saying someone was suicidal and missing. Could that be when CC ended up in the hospital right after they returned?

As a likely abuse victim, she still sounds under his control. I hope she can break free. Those poor children. <modsnip>

We’re playing the same movie in our heads, Bears. I don’t think there was any way that Canadian security was just going to ignore him. I also wonder if his “audience” with Trudeau had a backstory in that connection.

I was waiting for you to join the convo lili. I was honestly concerned that Canadian security may have believed his story. Hopefully I will be proved wrong and they do still charge him with terrorism related crimes. I’m happy he was charged with the 15 crimes, obviously, but I still think he needs to be looked at in terms of terrorism. Hopefully he will never see Caitlan and the kids again. They need to heal and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member